Mid-Handicappers: What Ball Do You Play?

EZCUSE

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Srixon Z Star... Best ball I have found.

I work at a golf course and have tried many balls and if you can get them 25$/doz on ebay you wouldn't find a better ball

Or just get them at $20 per dozen anywhere right now.

^^^^^ This.

Anyone that thinks they can't spin a ball or don't deserve to play a 3 or 4 piece ball should consider these deals right now for the Z-Star's and Q-Star Tour's cause they can't be much more than the 2 piece are selling for!

A z star for 20? Truly the best deal ever. Gamesoft at 7.50 is close :-) Unfortunately, I loaded up on a bunch of different balls this year.

Yeah there are some balls that may be close to the Z-Star in play and cheaper in price but really, a premium ball that is a very good ball for only $20 a dozen is a great price and chance for someone that doesn't play them because of price to get some and try them out.

I have read some good things about those Gamesoft's but never tried them and for sure it is a deal when you can get them for $7.50 a dozen if you like them!

Srixon Z Star... Best ball I have found.

I work at a golf course and have tried many balls and if you can get them 25$/doz on ebay you wouldn't find a better ball

Or just get them at $20 per dozen anywhere right now.

^^^^^ This.

Anyone that thinks they can't spin a ball or don't deserve to play a 3 or 4 piece ball should consider these deals right now for the Z-Star's and Q-Star Tour's cause they can't be much more than the 2 piece are selling for!

A z star for 20? Truly the best deal ever. Gamesoft at 7.50 is close :-) Unfortunately, I loaded up on a bunch of different balls this year.

Yeah there are some balls that may be close to the Z-Star in play and cheaper in price but really, a premium ball that is a very good ball for only $20 a dozen is a great price and chance for someone that doesn't play them because of price to get some and try them out.

I have read some good things about those Gamesoft's but never tried them and for sure it is a deal when you can get them for $7.50 a dozen if you like them!

Trust me on the gamersoft, especially for the price. For some reason, DSG doesn't carry them in the stores most of the time. You have to buy them on line. But, you can ship them to the store for free.

I believe they are 14.99 or two for 25 or 7.50 for the flash sales. Dont buy the blue ones, they are hard to see.

which Z star is better? the XV or the regular zstar?

The Z-Star is 3 piece and the Z-Star XV is a 4 piece ball. Both balls are very good, which is better depends on you. I don't have a 105+ mph swing speed but still like the XV ones just a bit better than the regular ones but they are very close in performance to me anyway!

The Z-Star is 3 piece and the Z-Star XV is a 4 piece ball. Both balls are very good, which is better depends on you. I don't have a 105+ mph swing speed but still like the XV ones just a bit better than the regular ones but they are very close in performance to me anyway!

I agree, they both are great golf balls. It's hard for me to tell the difference between either of them, but I wouldn't hesitate to play either as my gamer. They just feel great off the club with great distance and greenside spin.

Played the Project S this weekend exclusively instead of a mix of the S and the A, and wasn't happy with the performance. Maybe it's my swing that's getting better each week, which would be nice, but I'm getting lots of distance gapping issues now and an occasional flyer off the tee box that will go 20yds further than i wanted it to. Was so-so on performance around the green, too. Lots of driver spin as well! Leaving divots in the fairway and coming backwards (partly my swing).

Looks like I'm going to finish this last box of S's and buy a few boxes of the A for the rest of the year.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

I agree, they both are great golf balls. It's hard for me to tell the difference between either of them, but I wouldn't hesitate to play either as my gamer. They just feel great off the club with great distance and greenside spin.

I have too many dozens of the Z Star via the recent clearance sales and it is indeed a nice feeling ball. I have the regular one, as I'm in to 90s, but as mentioned above you may prefer the XV even if you're not a big hitter.

As I've finally finished off the Lethals, I think the Z Star can slot in nicely with the B330 RXs and Snells I also play.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Recently tried out the Top Flite Gamer Tour while on a trip in SW Colorado. I sought a cheap Urethane 3-Piece and I found it. After having read some finding distance drop offs, I was pleased to find very little if any average distance loss. Fairly soft feel off all clubs and mega soft off the putter, although everything feels soft off a Nubbins. I don't impart a ton of spin in my swing, but was able to check it up very nicely on relatively dry greens.

As I am in college with a limited budget, I was very pleased with the overall performance from any distance and on the green. Is anyone able to provide a comparison between TF Gamer Tour and TM RBZ Urethane? Always searching for the best deal and lostgolfballs.com has RBZ-U for relatively cheap and I have been itching to give them a try.

If all continues to perform well, I may have to swallow my pride and admit the TF Gamer Tour as my everyday ball .

Driver - Taylormade M2 2017 9.75*

3W - Cobra RadSpeed Draw 14.5*

5W - Callaway Epic Flash 18*

7W - Taylormade M4 5HL 21*

5H - Callaway Rogue 24*

Irons - Taylormade P790 6-PW

Wedges - TM Milled Grind 50* & 54* | Hi-Toe 60*

Putter - Nike Method Converge B1-01

Grips - MCC clone| Ball - TP5

Recently tried out the Top Flite Gamer Tour while on a trip in SW Colorado. I sought a cheap Urethane 3-Piece and I found it. After having read some finding distance drop offs, I was pleased to find very little if any average distance loss. Fairly soft feel off all clubs and mega soft off the putter, although everything feels soft off a Nubbins. I don't impart a ton of spin in my swing, but was able to check it up very nicely on relatively dry greens.

As I am in college with a limited budget, I was very pleased with the overall performance from any distance and on the green. Is anyone able to provide a comparison between TF Gamer Tour and TM RBZ Urethane? Always searching for the best deal and lostgolfballs.com has RBZ-U for relatively cheap and I have been itching to give them a try.

If all continues to perform well, I may have to swallow my pride and admit the TF Gamer Tour as my everyday ball .

The only down side that I have read about for the gamer tours is that the cover cracks. I play three or four times a week and played the gamer tours most of last season and I have not had any problems at all with the performance or durability what so ever. There are golf balls I prefer but in all honesty it is by reputation alone, and with the flash sales going on now bogo, two boxes for $20 it's really silly to spend even a dime more.

The only down side that I have read about for the gamer tours is that the cover cracks. I play three or four times a week and played the gamer tours most of last season and I have not had any problems at all with the performance or durability what so ever. There are golf balls I prefer but in all honesty it is by reputation alone, and with the flash sales going on now bogo, two boxes for $20 it's really silly to spend even a dime more.

Although I did lose about a sleeve and a half during play, I was able to keep a few balls for multiple holes and I did not have any cracking problems. Maybe a scuff from rock or path, but less than I was expecting from a urethane. I was impressed by them from just about every aspect of play.

Driver - Taylormade M2 2017 9.75*

3W - Cobra RadSpeed Draw 14.5*

5W - Callaway Epic Flash 18*

7W - Taylormade M4 5HL 21*

5H - Callaway Rogue 24*

Irons - Taylormade P790 6-PW

Wedges - TM Milled Grind 50* & 54* | Hi-Toe 60*

Putter - Nike Method Converge B1-01

Grips - MCC clone| Ball - TP5