Shipping fees

zubby01 ·  
zubby01zubby01 Members  107WRX Points: 69Posts: 107 Fairways
Guys,

It's been a long time since I sold a golf club. Do you have any advice for how to reduce shipping costs? I'm shipping a 3 wood (weighs less than 3 lbs) from Houston to Winston/Salem UPS ground and the label is coming up as $30.44. I even called UPS and got the same rate.

Is that just the way it is now?

Thank you
Posted:

Comments

• bigmoneypbigmoneyp MichiganMembers  3487WRX Points: 278Posts: 3,487 Titanium Tees
    Ship USPS Priority Mail. Get a proper box and it will be under $10.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • zubby01zubby01 Members  107WRX Points: 69Posts: 107 Fairways
    bigmoneyp wrote:

Ship USPS Priority Mail. Get a proper box and it will be under $10.

Thank you for your advice
    Posted:
  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members  10271WRX Points: 306Posts: 10,271 Titanium Tees
    You're being hit with an oversized box fee. Every carrier has a limit for big, light packages where they'll charge more.

Try USPS priority and you may have to trim the box. I've been known to be cutting boxes down in post office parking lots to make length 😁
    Posted:
  • ode1ode1 Members  3121WRX Points: 249Posts: 3,121 Titanium Tees
    Use the shipping calculator on the site of the carrier you are going to use. 3#'s at 30$+ is an issue with the size of the box ballooning the rate. Likely the box is longer than 48", but ??
    Posted:
  • zubby01zubby01 Members  107WRX Points: 69Posts: 107 Fairways
    Box was 51x6x5

Just shipped USPS and it was $11.75 priority. UPS was $30.50 ground
    Posted:
  • Tall golferTall golfer Tall Golfer Members  84WRX Points: 27Handicap: 12Posts: 84 Bunkers
    your lucky you don't live in New Zealand you have cheap shipping rates
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.