mackenzie golfbags?

still on the fence.

for those of you that game one... is it your daily/regular user or do you bust it out for special ocasions/particular courses etc?

ever use your mackenzie and wish you didnt? is it missing something?

its funny, ive never had any issue buying expensive bags (my wife...), but the psychological barrier for this is making me over analyze and think "will i really use it? is it really practical? will it end up as a putter display in my man cave?"

It’s not my only, I have two stand bags as well (SM 2.5+ and Jones Utility). I use the Mackenzie when I take less than a full set, usually 7-9 clubs, and lately that has been the majority of my rounds, but not all of them. It’ll hold 14 just fine but when I get to that many I do prefer a dual strap setup, at least for walking 18. But...walking with my Mack and 7-9 clubs are my favorite golfing rounds, the ones I enjoy the most.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

It’s not my only, I have two stand bags as well (SM 2.5+ and Jones Utility). I use the Mackenzie when I take less than a full set, usually 7-9 clubs, and lately that has been the majority of my rounds, but not all of them. It’ll hold 14 just fine but when I get to that many I do prefer a dual strap setup, at least for walking 18. But...walking with my Mack and 7-9 clubs are my favorite golfing rounds, the ones I enjoy the most.

Thanks for the answer. I’m actually in between sm 2.5 and ballistic walker. Don’t want to buy the Mack and end up having it collecting dust in the house. Just feel that the thin 2.5 material won’t last more than a season!

Thanks for the answer. I’m actually in between sm 2.5 and ballistic walker. Don’t want to buy the Mack and end up having it collecting dust in the house. Just feel that the thin 2.5 material won’t last more than a season!

Make sure you look at the 2.5+ if you go that way, I've never had a standard 2.5 but I understand the material on the 2.5+ is sturdier. Even so...it's not going to be a lifetime type of bag like a Mackenzie. The 2.5+ is a great waking bag for a full set. It's very light and holds the clubs well. It feels a little flimsy, but I think it's hard for any stand bag under 3 lbs not to, that is just how lightweight stands go. No idea how durable it will be long term, but I wouldn't buy it expecting more than a couple season if you play a lot of rounds.

Mack on the other hand feels like it'll keep going forever, and should anything happen they can be repaired. But you have to like single strap and no stand to make it work.

I will say I used my trestle sticks for the second time today on a dewy morning round and they're surprisingly easy to use for times when you really don't want to lay the bag down. It really takes no extra time if you just carry it like a walking stick to setup when you're ready to put the bag down. They have been a great purchase for my Mackenzie.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

still on the fence.

for those of you that game one... is it your daily/regular user or do you bust it out for special ocasions/particular courses etc?

its funny, ive never had any issue buying expensive bags (my wife...), but the psychological barrier for this is making me over analyze and think "will i really use it? is it really practical? will it end up as a putter display in my man cave?"

I use mine as my everyday bag and haven't thought of using another bag. It is so nice and does everything I want based on how I ordered the bag.

I have a 2.5 and a utility bag as well. I love the 2.5, but my back feels better when I carry the MacKenzie. I like the utility, but dislike the three slots for clubs and the small opening.

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9* w/ UST Linq White 8F5

Callaway Rogue 3 LS Wood w/ UST Linq Blue 8F5

Callaway UW 19* w UST Linq White 9F5

Titleist T200 ‘21 4-5 w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

Titleist T100 ‘21 6-9 w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

Vokey 46* w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

PXG 0311 Wedge 50* w/ UST Recoil Wedge 125X

Vokey 54* and 58* w/ BGT ZNE 130

L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 (Red) Broomstick

still on the fence.

I have one (ballistic nylon) and don't regret it.

I don't use it year round. I will use a stand bag in the spring and fall here in Minnesota (when it is wetter) or if I'm going somewhere and I know I'm going to ride.

But if I'm going to walk and carry in the summer, I'm using my Mackenzie. It carries so nicely, it is light and it just basically fits.

Driver: Ping G430 LST
3W, 5W: TaylorMade Sim Titanium

Irons: PXG XP Gen 5 Steelfiber shafts
Wedges: PXG Sugar Daddy II 50 degrees. Vokey SM9 56, 60
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5S

Make sure you look at the 2.5+ if you go that way, I've never had a standard 2.5 but I understand the material on the 2.5+ is sturdier. Even so...it's not going to be a lifetime type of bag like a Mackenzie. The 2.5+ is a great waking bag for a full set. It's very light and holds the clubs well. It feels a little flimsy, but I think it's hard for any stand bag under 3 lbs not to, that is just how lightweight stands go. No idea how durable it will be long term, but I wouldn't buy it expecting more than a couple season if you play a lot of rounds.

Mack on the other hand feels like it'll keep going forever, and should anything happen they can be repaired. But you have to like single strap and no stand to make it work.

I will say I used my trestle sticks for the second time today on a dewy morning round and they're surprisingly easy to use for times when you really don't want to lay the bag down. It really takes no extra time if you just carry it like a walking stick to setup when you're ready to put the bag down. They have been a great purchase for my Mackenzie.

Where did u get the wood trestle sticks? Hard to find anything online.

• 2 weeks later...

My Mackenzie is back in Oregon for a quick repair, some stitching came loose on the handle. They were great, sent me a prepaid label to send it back to get fixed. I went and played 9 today using my minimal kit with my SM 2.5+. I really really really missed my Mackenzie. Once you’re used to the way that soft sided bag conforms as you carry it, a standard bag just feels weird. Can’t wait to get my Mackenzie back...thinking I might need to order a second one so I always have a backup.

Also...love that after 3 years when some stitching came loose it was time for a quick repair...not a replacement. Not many bags you can send back to get fixed up and I really appreciate that!

Im actaully very suprised at how many people dont like these. personally i like thema lot, not sure if i could use it as my full time bag but having one for walking is perfect. now the price is a little steep for me but taking price out these bags are about as cool as they come.i guess its just a taste thing

For me it’s the bending over and grabbing the bag that is an issue. In all honesty I have multiple bags and my favorite is the moonlite bag because the strap stands up

I just thread a towel through my clubs and they are fine. I never use a rain hood when I travel.

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9* w/ UST Linq White 8F5

Callaway Rogue 3 LS Wood w/ UST Linq Blue 8F5

Callaway UW 19* w UST Linq White 9F5

Titleist T200 ‘21 4-5 w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

Titleist T100 ‘21 6-9 w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

Vokey 46* w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

PXG 0311 Wedge 50* w/ UST Recoil Wedge 125X

Vokey 54* and 58* w/ BGT ZNE 130

L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 (Red) Broomstick

still on the fence.

I have one (ballistic nylon) and don't regret it.

I don't use it year round. I will use a stand bag in the spring and fall here in Minnesota (when it is wetter) or if I'm going somewhere and I know I'm going to ride.

But if I'm going to walk and carry in the summer, I'm using my Mackenzie. It carries so nicely, it is light and it just basically fits.

I have the ballistic one and I don't use it often but wish I did lol. Every time I use it, I wonder why I don't carry it more often. The thing is, I always carry it for like 5 rounds, then play a round with buddies using a cart. The Mackenzie is OK on a cart but not great. So I swap it out for my Titleist stand bag and inevitably forget before the next round to swap back. I also like to use a push cart when walking if I know the round will be slower (playing at place like TPC Scottsdale which gets a lot of traffic). So yeah at this point I'm only using my Mackenzie a handful of times per year and every time I use it, I love it and wonder why I don't use it every time.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

I've had a Mackenzie for close to 30 years, and haven't played with it in more than 25 years. The biggest problems for me are 1) it's a single strap design and 2) doesn't have a stand. Walking 18 in the early morning and laying it on the ground required frequently putting leather conditioner on it to prevent it from drying out. Also, the black dye from the wet bag rubbed off on my clothes. These two issues far outweighed the oohs and aahs I got from guys regarding the beauty of the bag. It's a gorgeous classic, but I just use it to store a few persimmon woods. Too impractical for everyday use.

I've had a Mackenzie for close to 30 years, and haven't played with it in more than 25 years. The biggest problems for me are 1) it's a single strap design and 2) doesn't have a stand. Walking 18 in the early morning and laying it on the ground required frequently putting leather conditioner on it to prevent it from drying out. Also, the black dye from the wet bag rubbed off on my clothes. These two issues far outweighed the oohs and aahs I got from guys regarding the beauty of the bag. It's a gorgeous classic, but I just use it to store a few persimmon woods. Too impractical for everyday use.

For me, trestle sticks have been a game changer for using my Mack on a wet morning. They are way easier to carry and use then you’d think and they work great. When it’s dry laying the bag on the ground is fine by me. Mine is a ballistic bag so I don’t have any bleeding issues, but I can see why that would be an problem. In the end, they aren’t for everybody for sure, but I love playing with mine. Even used it for a scramble this past weekend when I had to ride...worked surprisingly well on a cart.

i put a back up set in my mackenzie bag

I use an electric push cart so the cart bag is more convenient for me on my weekly rounds but when I just want to play a quick 9 at night alone, i'll grab the mackenzie. Best bag in the world. And all my walks at streamsong is easier with a mackenzie.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

• 1 month later...

+1 on using the trestle sticks. Makes walking with my Mackenzie a breeze!

How do trestle sticks work? Do you attach them to the bag during the round, or do you have to carry them unattached from the bag and set them up each time you put the bag down?

I have a new Mackenzie and am curious.

Thanks

Callaway Mavrik driver

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 4-wood
Mizuno MP20 HMB 3-5 irons
Mizuno MP20 6-pw

Mizuno T20 50*, 55* and 60* wedges
Bettinardi BB25 putter
Titleist Pro V1x ball

+1 on using the trestle sticks. Makes walking with my Mackenzie a breeze!

How do trestle sticks work? Do you attach them to the bag during the round, or do you have to carry them unattached from the bag and set them up each time you put the bag down?

I have a new Mackenzie and am curious.

Thanks

they slide into the bag just as a golf club would and you pull them out and stand the bag on them while you hit your shot

Yes, or even easier, use it as a bit of a walking stick as you move to your next shot. That’s what I do 90% of the time. Only time during a round I put it back in the bag is when I need to clean off my club I just used during the walk.

It may sound cumbersome...but after a few rounds it becomes second nature and I actually like having it in my hand on the walk.

• 4 weeks later...

Where are all the pics....guess harder to snap a shot when enjoying a nice walk with your Mackenzie. Here's a quick pic of my navy waxed canvas to get this thread back rolling.

BTW...what does everyone use the clips for inside the small zipper pocket? Is it random or is there a specific purpose?

beauty... should post some more pictures