FlightScope mevo

FlightScope Mevo

I've tried using mine a couple of times now, and it doesn't seem to work very well. The "connected" icon in the app shows that my phone and the mevo connected, but after one swing, the connected icon in the app turns yellow and I can't get it to register anymore shots.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

i would recommended hitting the report feedback button in the app next time this happens. this will send the logs to Flightscope and they should be able to help you with your issue. Off the top of my head I'm not sure what could be causing this. I know the last few updates had been directed at improving/addressing connectivity.

Thanks for the recommendation to use the feedback button.

I had an email waiting for me this morning from Flightscope's support department with a number to call. The rep said he had seen the issue before, and it was usually resolved by deleting and re-installing the app and rebooting the phone. Hopefully that did the trick. I'll find out the next time I get it out to hit some balls.

• 2 weeks later...

We did it back in 2014 with the Xi, we now did it again in 2018! The FlightScope mevo has officially won a Gold Stevie Award for "Best New Consumer Product". Watch this space for more photos/info. In the meantime please go vote here for the mevo in the "People's Choice Stevie Awards." Voting is open until June 1st. Make sure to click on the "Consumer Products" category!

Check out what others had to say about mevo:

I'm a longtime lurker on Golfwrx... So hopefully I'm doing this right.

How can I calculate angle of descent/land angle using the data points MEVO provides?

I've been using the MEVO for several months now. Love it! Use it for gap testing and DIY fitting, etc.

I'm exporting into an excel spreadsheet and need angle of descent/land angle formula if possible to assist me fine tuning my irons. I'm a liberal arts major! haha.

Please advise or point me in the right direction. Appreciate your help.

Purchase optimal flight sw for about $20

Would users consider thus accurate enough to do some diy driver shaft fitting/ head tweaking ?

If anyone is still on the fence, the discount code still works

I don't think so. With something where a couple hundred RPM matters, I don't think the mevo is quite up to the task

For most people a couple hundred RPM doesn't matter and they wont gain any benefit trying to tweak spin numbers down at that level.

Would users consider thus accurate enough to do some diy driver shaft fitting/ head tweaking ?

If anyone is still on the fence, the discount code still works

I don't think so. With something where a couple hundred RPM matters, I don't think the mevo is quite up to the task

For most people a couple hundred RPM doesn't matter and they wont gain any benefit trying to tweak spin numbers down at that level.

Maybe not a couple hundred, but if I'm spending big bucks on a new driver and aftermarket shaft the difference between 2400 rpm and say 2900 is enough that I wouldn't trust the mevo to measure that difference accurately. This is from someone who currently owns a mevo

For the majority of golfers 500 rpm's of spin off the "ideal" only means a couple of yards of carry distance lost.

For self fitting the exact numbers are not nearly as important as knowing what ball park you are in for launch and spin to find the best fit for loft. For any given equipment change what the general tendencies might have done to launch and spin can be useful (only if impact location is good) but that level of accuracy isn't needed even for that since what you really need to pay attention to is how the equipment change might be effecting face impact location and the swing. What should happen before looking at specific launch/spin numbers is evaluating the quality of the impact, general start line and shot shape tendencies, consistency, impact on club head speed, _general_ tendencies for launch and spin (want to see how the equipment might be effecting dynamic loft).

On a side note, anyone have any idea why used ones on eBay are getting bids higher than the MSRP on Flightscopes website. Are there additional ads ons people may have ?

maybe people from other countries that can't get them in their country?

For the majority of golfers 500 rpm's of spin off the "ideal" only means a couple of yards of carry distance lost.

For fitting the exact numbers are not nearly as important as knowing what ball park you are in for launch and spin to find the best fit for loft. For any given equipment change what the general tendencies might have done to launch and spin can be useful (only if impact location is good) but that level of accuracy isn't needed even for that since what you really need to pay attention to is how it might effect impact and the swing. What should happen before looking at specific launch/spin numbers is evaluating the quality of the impact, general start line and shot shape tendencies, consistency, impact on club head speed, _general_ tendencies for launch and spin (want to see how the equipment might be effecting dynamic loft). Then all you really need to do is use the launch/spin numbers to pick the right loft for the head.

So you would be comfortable using a mevo for driver fittings?

So you would be comfortable using a mevo for driver fittings?

Outdoors where I could see the ball flight - yes I would be comfortable making purchase choices or set-up changes based on it.

Of course, outdoors, for most people trying to do this, range balls become another can of worms that's valid for all LM's and not specific to Mevo.

• 4 weeks later...

The FlightScope mevo is a personal launch monitor that uses 3D Doppler radar and provides 8 data parameters for golf and 5 data parameters for baseball:

Golf: Carry distance, spin rate, launch angle, club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, height, and time

Baseball: pitch speed, pitch spin, launch angle, carry distance, exit speed

You can also use the mevo for capturing live action video clips on your phone that include data on top of the video!

Visit our website below for more information or ask us here! Use promo code GolfWRX on our website for $50 off!

https://flightscopemevo.com/

Will you extend the GolfWRX promo? I’ve tried to order and it says expired...

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

The FlightScope mevo is a personal launch monitor that uses 3D Doppler radar and provides 8 data parameters for golf and 5 data parameters for baseball:

Golf: Carry distance, spin rate, launch angle, club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, height, and time

Baseball: pitch speed, pitch spin, launch angle, carry distance, exit speed

You can also use the mevo for capturing live action video clips on your phone that include data on top of the video!

Visit our website below for more information or ask us here! Use promo code GolfWRX on our website for $50 off!

https://flightscopemevo.com/

Anyway to extend the coupon? Tried to order and says expired...

I'm a longtime lurker on Golfwrx... So hopefully I'm doing this right.

How can I calculate angle of descent/land angle using the data points MEVO provides?

I've been using the MEVO for several months now. Love it! Use it for gap testing and DIY fitting, etc.

I'm exporting into an excel spreadsheet and need angle of descent/land angle formula if possible to assist me fine tuning my irons. I'm a liberal arts major! haha.

Please advise or point me in the right direction. Appreciate your help.

I cant help out with a formula, im only on my mobile and my PC is down in Spain, but it should be quite easy for Flightscope to add descent angle.

What i know from Trackmans university is that the moment the ball is at apex, the ballspeed left in the ball is close to the same no matter ballspeed off the face.

When we have ballspeed, launch angle and spin measured, both apex and descent can be calculated, so i hope FS can see the importance of descent angle and add it to their software for Mevo.

If im not mistaking, descent is already part of the algoritm to be able to get carry distance

DO NOT SEND PMs WITH CLUB TECH QUESTIONS - USE THE PUBLIC FORUM.

I compared mevo to trackman. Ball speed very accurate but everything else no where close to accurate or consistent enough to spend any money for this device. Save your money and rent a trackman for a hour when u want to use it.

I'm not sure I agree with this as it is stated. I've had a Mevo since mid-December and have been fortunate enough to really spend a lot of time on it. I have found that the Mevo is MUCH more accurate indoors than it is outdoors. In my opinion, this is due to different aiming points and the inability to hit from the same location. The Mevo must be set up exactly 6 feet behind the ball, and the ball must be exactly in front of the aimer--this is very easy to accomplish if you're hitting off of a mat into a net. I keep a 6 foot string in my Mevo box to make sure it's where it needs to be, and I put a broken tee 5-6 inches above the spot where I want to hit every shot from--so when I place my ball 6 inches under the broken tee, I know it is exactly six feet away from the Mevo and right in the middle of the aiming device. Divots and different pin locations on a driving range make this impossible.

I have also found it important to make sure the Mevo is setting at ball level. I also use the metallic dots when hitting inside and found these to really work well.

When I do these things I have found my Mevo to be incredibly accurate, even compared to much more expensive launch monitors. One out of every ten shots may throw some funny numbers, but for the most part everything is spot on.

I know it may seem crazy that you have to set it up like this but I only use it for getting my gapping correct--which is very very helpful. It is also fun that I can have a driving range set up in a matter of minutes bc I keep my mat and net in my car. So I do believe it is worth $500.

Another (now) very happy MEVO user here - I got mine in October '17 and use it exclusively on my local driving range - Sadly the range is "mats only" so I don't have any of the issues mentioned about using it on grass - In terms of wish lists, I also would like some short game features and / or some sort of putting mode? - My only negative comment would be that I bought it originally to use with an Android phone & was on the point of returning MEVO due to poor performance with my Samsung phone - I decided to try MEVO with an iPhone & the difference was like night & day - Since switching to iPhone I have had very little in the way of problems

Keep up the good work

Paul

What are some issues with using this on grass?

I compared mevo to trackman. Ball speed very accurate but everything else no where close to accurate or consistent enough to spend any money for this device. Save your money and rent a trackman for a hour when u want to use it.

I'm not sure I agree with this as it is stated. I've had a Mevo since mid-December and have been fortunate enough to really spend a lot of time on it. I have found that the Mevo is MUCH more accurate indoors than it is outdoors. In my opinion, this is due to different aiming points and the inability to hit from the same location. The Mevo must be set up exactly 6 feet behind the ball, and the ball must be exactly in front of the aimer--this is very easy to accomplish if you're hitting off of a mat into a net. I keep a 6 foot string in my Mevo box to make sure it's where it needs to be, and I put a broken tee 5-6 inches above the spot where I want to hit every shot from--so when I place my ball 6 inches under the broken tee, I know it is exactly six feet away from the Mevo and right in the middle of the aiming device. Divots and different pin locations on a driving range make this impossible.

I have also found it important to make sure the Mevo is setting at ball level. I also use the metallic dots when hitting inside and found these to really work well.

When I do these things I have found my Mevo to be incredibly accurate, even compared to much more expensive launch monitors. One out of every ten shots may throw some funny numbers, but for the most part everything is spot on.

I know it may seem crazy that you have to set it up like this but I only use it for getting my gapping correct--which is very very helpful. It is also fun that I can have a driving range set up in a matter of minutes bc I keep my mat and net in my car. So I do believe it is worth $500.

Makes sense. It was set up properly with everything measured out and had the newest trackman to compare. Ball speeds were ridiculously close to trackman but everything else was way off. I guess you just need to use it off mats only. Enough for me to never purchase one as I loathe mats

• 1 year later...

Hi, two questions...

1) is there a way to use Mevo to measure SS with the SuperSpeed system? I was not able to get a reading, setting it up as a driver.

2) are there any games, or tactics you use at the range? I've only had my Mevo to the range twice, but it was certainly fun, just to try and produce consistent (good) shots.

• 3 weeks later...

> @matwcb said:

> I'm a longtime lurker on Golfwrx... So hopefully I'm doing this right.

>

>

>

> How can I calculate angle of descent/land angle using the data points MEVO provides?

>

>

>

> I've been using the MEVO for several months now. Love it! Use it for gap testing and DIY fitting, etc.

>

>

>

> I'm exporting into an excel spreadsheet and need angle of descent/land angle formula if possible to assist me fine tuning my irons. I'm a liberal arts major! haha.

>

>

>

> Please advise or point me in the right direction. Appreciate your help.

How are you exporting to Excel? I can't find that feature.

Sadly, giving up on the Mevo. I use it indoors, primarily, and the numbers are way under. I have 7ft. behind the ball and 10ft. in front of the ball. Set the sea level, mounted same level as the ball, proper lighting, etc. etc.

Reads my 7 iron at 150 carry (175 outdoors) and driver 200 carry (250 outdoors). Compared it to my Garmin G80 which also under reads indoors and they basically read the same. Oh well :(

> @TheWalkingGolfer said:

> > @matwcb said:

> > I'm a longtime lurker on Golfwrx... So hopefully I'm doing this right.

> >

> >

> >

> > How can I calculate angle of descent/land angle using the data points MEVO provides?

> >

> >

> >

> > I've been using the MEVO for several months now. Love it! Use it for gap testing and DIY fitting, etc.

> >

> >

> >

> > I'm exporting into an excel spreadsheet and need angle of descent/land angle formula if possible to assist me fine tuning my irons. I'm a liberal arts major! haha.

> >

> >

> >

> > Please advise or point me in the right direction. Appreciate your help.

>

> How are you exporting to Excel? I can't find that feature.

The web site for myflightscope.com provides a CSV export option when viewing session data.

> @ObiwanForAll said:

> Sadly, giving up on the Mevo. I use it indoors, primarily, and the numbers are way under. I have 7ft. behind the ball and 10ft. in front of the ball. Set the sea level, mounted same level as the ball, proper lighting, etc. etc.

> Reads my 7 iron at 150 carry (175 outdoors) and driver 200 carry (250 outdoors). Compared it to my Garmin G80 which also under reads indoors and they basically read the same. Oh well :(

I had the same issue until I realized I was using CFL bulbs in my basement can lighting. The CFL interferes just like a full size fluorescent light.

I have used the Mevo for almost 18 months now. I use it for yardage gapping and strike quality measurement mostly, both indoors and out. It is also useful in some fitting screenings. The stickers are not required outdoors in my experience. Carry numbers are accurate, supported by laser measurements. iPad app works great, Android app is terrible. Tech support about the android app problem is beyond terrible. Flightscope should be ashamed. Love the archived results online. Despite the Android issue, it is well worth the money.