Feedback Thread - Golf Stretch Device - THE "MISIG"

Anyone use this and pick up swing speed?

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone use this and pick up swing speed?

James Archer Archer RV Houston, TX www.archerrvs.com

After using this device for two weeks my swing has improved greatly. I am a 71 year old male with 2 torn rotator cuffs. My drives are now 20 to 30 yards further sometimes 265- to 270 yards. my 6 hybrid now is 175 to 190 yards. I would recommend this product for anyone that wants to improve their game.

www.FeelTheStretch.com

Frank LaRosa – ESPN Sports Radio

testi6.jpg

“After using MISIG for about two weeks, I’ve noticed on my past couple of trips to the course how much easier I turn, how much farther my drives are going, and how much easier it is to complete a follow through. I’m a believer.”

www.FeelTheStretch.com

The website has a post on how to use the misig, and, in the video, there are some examples of how to use it. I think it would be helpful to have a recommended workout(s) listed on the website. ie. how many repetions per session, and, what constitues a repetion? Do you move the movable away from you as far as possible (dynamic stretching)?, or, do you do that, and, also, hold it for a second or 2 (static stretching)?

thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

From Jeff Crittenden – 2017 Volvik World Long Drive Champion, Masters Division:

“I am constantly working on creating a bigger turn to increase distance. The MISIG is giving me more mobility which will lead to a bigger shoulder turn and more speed at impact. In Long Drive, every mile per hour gained is huge.”

www.FeelTheStretch.com

does anyone sell this in the UK?

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

Will this help with lower back pain? Also, how does it feel having your back hand disjointed in your swing?

JPW75 - We have heard the MISIG can help in rehab from some of our customers. At a golf show last winter a gentleman came to our booth with mild back pain and tried the MISIG for ten minutes. He came back an hour later and said the MISIG helped. DO NOT USE IT UNLESS YOU TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR OR PHYSICAL THERAPIST!

As far as disjointing your hands on the swing, the hands come together at the critical point of impact, creating muscle memory.

Thanks!

The MISIG Team

www.FeelTheStretch.com

I was lucky enough to be chosen during the giveaway - thanks MISIG & GolfWRX. I've only been using the product for about a week and I am actually seeing a better swing path. I have a tendency to come over the top and am already seeing a better move to the inside. Not what I expected, but what a great added bonus!

Flexibility is a big area I would like to improve on, but it is too early for me to touch on that aspect. I will post more updates as I continue my routine with it.

Thanks again for the opportunity to test the product!

Titleist TSi3 10° - Diamana R Series 60

Cobra Rad 14.5° - Diamana BlueForce 70

Cobra F9 18.5° - Diamana BlueForce 80
Taylormade P790 (4-9) - Nippon Modus 105
Vokey 46F 50F 54S 58T - Nippon Modus 115
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2 

From Jeff Crittenden – 2017 Volvik World Long Drive Champion, Masters Division:

“I am constantly working on creating a bigger turn to increase distance. The MISIG is giving me more mobility which will lead to a bigger shoulder turn and more speed at impact. In Long Drive, every mile per hour gained is huge.”

www.FeelTheStretch.com

My only complaint is the D shaped ring on the cuff. It is always coming out of position. The straight part of the D doesn’t stay against the cuff rather the band attachment goes to the corner where the straight part and curved part of the D meet. Makes transition less smooth. A circular ring would have been a better design. You can put the ring back where it was intended, but first use it comes out of position..

My only complaint is the D shaped ring on the cuff. It is always coming out of position. The straight part of the D doesn't stay against the cuff rather the band attachment goes to the corner where the straight part and curved part of the D meet. Makes transition less smooth. A circular ring would have been a better design. You can put the ring back where it was intended, but first use it comes out of position..

It does that to me, too, on occasion. I was thinking it might be an indicator of bad form - twisting one hand or the other, when I should not.

Thanks lbsc1985 for the great feedback! www.FeelTheStretch.com

The MISIG Team.

Thank you again to GolfWRX and MISIG for this great giveaway. I received it two days ago and have already used it several times. From un-boxing to initial use is really easy and straightforward. All the components seem pretty high quality. The device is a perfect size and weight to be both portable and usable in tight spaces (i.e., requires significantly less lateral and vertical space than trying to swing a wedge). The 3 bands also appear to be high quality and like they will not stretch out as quickly as some other workout bands I've had experience with. The above the elbow cuff has the right amount of padding and the closure Velcro mechanism is easy to use and high quality. I have not experienced the cuff slipping down the arm and you certainly don't need to tighten it to an uncomfortable/cutting off circulation level.

I was pretty impressed that even with the starting level orange band, I can really feel the stretch and it certainly isn't "easy"--that either means that with 2 more levels of resistance bands that hopefully the device was designed to have a good deal of longevity as your flexibility and strength improve with use, or it means I'm way less flexible and have much less "golf strength" than I thought/ a 32 year old pretty serious player should have :swoon:

I haven't used the MISIG in the downswing position yet, but am really looking forward to trying it out. Overall, after a couple uses, I can say that I am impressed and really looking forward to making it a part of my daily routine. It also seems like the perfect in-office golf fix for guys like me who wear a suit to work and can't get out during the day and don't have quite enough room to comfortable swing a club in their office. Putting in a few reps here and there during long conference calls is really what I'm most excited about!

In sum, the MISIG appears to be the real deal. I will post a follow-up in a couple weeks about how I'm progressing with my "MISIG training regimen." Thanks!

Preferred Swing Trainer For Hundreds Of PGA Golf Instructors.

Feel The Pressures Of Proper Take Away, Structure And Loading. Better Extension And True Shoulder Turn.

The MISIG Is A Device That Will Improve Your Golf Game. Guaranteed. Incredible Game Changing Stretch.

Feel Tremendous Stretch In Shoulders, Back And Hips.

Dramatically Increase Degrees Of Back Swing And Range Of Motion.

Get A Wider Golf Swing. You Will See Incredible Improvement, Longer Stronger Golf Shots. Guaranteed.

www.FeelTheStretch.com

Thanks Jrweber77 for a great review on the MISIG

www.FeelTheStretch.com

Thanks again to GolfWRX and MISIG for this great device! I received it 3 days ago and have already used it several times. Very easy and straightforward to put together and all the components are high quality. The device is a perfect size and very lightweight to carry in your golf bag. Don't need as much space to use versus swinging a golf club (I use it right in my living room). The elbow cuff is comfortable, has padding, and the velcro makes it easy to secure to your arm. Also high quality. I have not experienced any cuff slippage and you don't need to secure it too tightly such that its uncomfortable when using.

I am using the "starting level" orange band. All I can say is really makes you feel the stretch ... its certainly not easy! There are 2 more levels of resistance bands that you can use as you grow strength and flexibility, but I'm a long way off using them. Orange is tough enough!

I have used it for the normal stretch and also in the downswing position. Took some practice to keep the slide on in the downswing, but that's the Indian, not the Arrow! Really forces you to make an inside/out move. You can't come "over the top", which makes this a great tool and training devise to practice proper club path!

After limited use with the MISIG device, I am very impressed and will make this part of my daily routine. I have had 3 shoulder surgeries and I feel it's a great rehab tool too. Feel the burn but in a good way. I also have 3 herniated discs in my lower back, and I can tell you the next morning, my side back muscles were also sore (also in a good way)! For me, I will use this every other day to let my muscles recover. I would also recommend using this for 5 minutes before you hit the course. It will definitely get you lose and help with club path before you play!

I will provide more updates in several weeks about my progress. In summary, a GREAT device to help with strength and flexibility, as well as a proper club path trainer. I am positive if you used this device regularly, you will hit the ball further with less effort. A sincere thank you once again to GolfWRX and MISIG! This will help me play better golf and more important, in time, help me play pain-free!

This is a waste in my opinion.

Driver: Callaway Paradigm 9.0+ Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
3 Wood: Titleist trs3 15* Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
5 Wood: Titleist trs3 18* Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Irons: Taylormade P790 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5 
Wedge: Vokey SM9 50, 54, 60 DG S400  
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

After reading a fair amount about this I think I'm ready to take the plunge and try one. Wish I would have seen the free giveaway.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

I have had one since last fall - really good product. I am finding that I like using it best after exercising/lifting weights - as a part of my stretching routine. I am definitely turning better, but my swing path is where I am seeing the most improvement.

Titleist TSi3 10° - Diamana R Series 60

Cobra Rad 14.5° - Diamana BlueForce 70

Cobra F9 18.5° - Diamana BlueForce 80
Taylormade P790 (4-9) - Nippon Modus 105
Vokey 46F 50F 54S 58T - Nippon Modus 115
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2 

• 1 month later...

I can't wait to get this and try it out.

My flexibility has been an issue which creates swing faults. Plus getting older doesnt help.

I will definitely be reporting back on its benefits.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Just noticed I received a PM the other day that stated I won the "MISIG".I very excited to give this training aid a real chance. As a man who is fast approaching 55 years of age, this device should be perfect for helping me get some of the length back in my swing while also helping my flexibility throughout the whole swing. Thanks to FeelTheStretch.com and Golfwrx.com for allowing me this opportunity. I will be sure to report when product arrives and how this product performs for me.

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased this a month or so ago and here's my quick take: Shipping was quick, got it within a few days. You need to go find the Youtube videos online to actually figure out the proper way to use it. I watched the videos which breaks it down into stretch, exercise, and swing training drills. Started to apply it....The stretches were nice. I could definitely feel it stretching important muscles that I've neglected in the past. I didn't like the exercises. It seemed to to just hurt more than anything and I didn't feel like I was getting anything out of them. I'd break a (small) sweat, but the purpose wasn't to burn calories. And you could build muscle by just doing the stretching. I also didn't like the swing training drills. It didn't feel realistic to me and even after doing them every day for a few weeks, I didn't notice any changes to my actual swing. I don't believe it promotes the in-to-out swing path like it claims because it forces your arms to go a certain way, and that's not the way the swing works. You need to have the correct core movements for an in-to-out swing path. So all in all, I felt it was great for stretching and if you suffer from a lack of rotation in your backswing, this product could definitely help. For me though, it was too expensive for simply a stretching device. I paid around $80, for a piece of plastic tubing and resistance bands. So I ended up returning it based on that alone. Couldn't stomach $80 on a stretching device. But there is definitely some benefit to it for those that need it for this reason.