Arccos 360 - (Updated 2.0 Version)

If I'm understanding correctly, the upcoming key fob/apple watch integration will be compatible with the current Arccos 360?

Correct.

Yes but apparently that sensor deal or fob is not on target until either late this year or early next year

Target was this summer. It's may be pushed to the fall as I haven't heard anything since. You said there was "unconfirmed" rumors. It's not a rumor the fob is coming out. I expect Apple Watch functionality in the fall when the new Apple Watch and WatchOS comes to consumers.

don't think i mentioned unconfirmed rumors......some one did, but wasn't me as what you're saying and what I am saying are certainly happening, just timeline can be shifted as always with tech.

I know the FOB is coming out and apple watch function is in process hopefully for the fall, but maybe late fall.

That was me...at the time it was unconfirmed. FM said it was confirmed but left out his source initially, despite there being nothing announced from Arccos to the public.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd give an update for Android users looking for more feedback.

I had the original Game Golf and liked it - the only downside is having to tag every shot which I found easy for normal shots as it just became part of my pre-shot routine but continually forgot to tag putts, especially tap-ins. The editing works well though.

Won the Arccos 360 at a golf day earlier in the year and have been using it for 9-10 rounds or so.

So far it has been extremely frustrating. Apart from the pain of having to have your phone in a front pocket while you play, it often misses shots, I find the editing in the dashboard a real pain, and the biggest issue is that the phone battery consumption issue for Android has not been fixed at all as far as I can see. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and even if I start with 100% battery and turn off mobile data it is touch and go if I can get through a round without the phone dying and I often don't. The dashboard also seems to have some odd bugs where the total shots shown for the round sometimes doesn't match the total from adding up the individual holes, the dashboard on the phone app doesn't match the desktop dashboard, and even if you delete shots or rounds completely then some of the shot data still gets used for the club stats. I can also see myself needing to replace some sensors for new batteries before the 2 years is up as it is too easy to leave a putter or wedge sitting head downwards around the house after doing some practice or swapping it out for a different club for a bit etc, which leaves the sensor awake and using some battery. Not having user replaceable batteries is a mistake.

Overall if I had not got it for free I would definitely be returning it. Shame as I really wanted it to work well. Hopefully either Game Golf Pro or Arccos Fob come along soon and are the holy grail - we'll see.

Callaway Rogue ST D 9*, BGT Brava S - Cobra LTDX 5W, Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60 6.0 - Titleist TS2 7W, Aldila Voodoo 7S - 5-7 Titleist T300, PX LZ 5.5 - 8-G Cobra Forged Tec One, Nippon Modus 120S - Vokey SM7 54*F, Nippon Modus 125S - Vokey SM8 58*D, DG S200 - TM Mullen 2 - Ball: TM 2021 TP5X / Srixon Z Star XV

That's interesting. I haven't really experienced the same, and I'm an Android user as well. It did take me a couple rounds to get used to editing shots when needed, but I find I only need to do that a few times a round, aside from adjusting the number of putts which is a piece of cake. Now, I have no issues editing when needed - the only frustrating part at times is having to add a flubbed bunker or chip shot in the same area. I have experienced the syncing issue once, but that fixed itself within a day when it did happen. I'd reach out to Arccos to see if they can help. I've heard nothing but positive things from their CS.

And I'm not sure if it matters, but my old S7's battery sucked after owning it for 6-8 months - and I went through two of them. I have the S8 active which has the largest battery capacity of the S8 line, and that thing is awesome. My battery drain from a round is less than 25%.

Edel E-1

I agree with thaar, I've been using Arccos for 1+ year and it's much better than GG.

Phone in front doesn't bother me as much as I feared. Good thing I have slim phone like your Galaxy.

2+ year old s7 will not hold battery. But my s9 goes from 100% to 30% after a round so yes, battery consumption is high.

One thing that you give Arccos credit is that they constantly improve their apps and product. With Game Golf, many users complained of lack of updates and I won't be surprised if anything useful changed since I left them 18 months ago.

Do you have to have your iphone in your front pocket for this to work? Can it be in the cart or in your back pocket? And does it pick up shots from other players in same cart?

I just played my Cobra F8 driver (won it at a golf tournament) yesterday for the first time. The system states to have the phone in your front pocket. Unfortunately, since the GPS is based on your phone, you will need to have it in your front pocket. I was initially looking to get a Shot Scope V2 (GPS tracked through their watch), but since I won my Cobra driver I’m now on the fence about getting the Arccos 360 system.

I understand that Arccos 360 relies on your iPhone/Android being in your front pocket so it can record shots. And that sometimes you need to add a tap-in putt, delete a spurious or duplicate shot, etc.

My question is, can you ignore the phone (in your pocket) during the round and do all of your shot editing after you get home? Or is there some reason you need to pull out the phone to check or fix something during a round?

I’d be willing to have my iPhone (preferably set to airplane mode) in my pocket while I play. But not if I have to pull it out, clear the lock screen and do stuff during the round. I need to be able to totally forget it’s there and let the shot tracking happen in the background.

Sounds crazy but in over 100 round using Game Golf a couple years ago, having to tag shots never ceases to distract and annoy me. There’s something about GG tagging or pulling my phone out and looking at the screen that totally takes me out of golf-enjoyment mode. But I do love having data available after the round.

So what I’m asking is this. Can I start Arccos app, put my phone in airplane mode and stick it in my pocket, then not touch it again until the round is over, and do all my editing that evening at home?

I understand that Arccos 360 relies on your iPhone/Android being in your front pocket so it can record shots. And that sometimes you need to add a tap-in putt, delete a spurious or duplicate shot, etc.

My question is, can you ignore the phone (in your pocket) during the round and do all of your shot editing after you get home? Or is there some reason you need to pull out the phone to check or fix something during a round?

I’d be willing to have my iPhone (preferably set to airplane mode) in my pocket while I play. But not if I have to pull it out, clear the lock screen and do stuff during the round. I need to be able to totally forget it’s there and let the shot tracking happen in the background.

Sounds crazy but in over 100 round using Game Golf a couple years ago, having to tag shots never ceases to distract and annoy me. There’s something about GG tagging or pulling my phone out and looking at the screen that totally takes me out of golf-enjoyment mode. But I do love having data available after the round.

So what I’m asking is this. Can I start Arccos app, put my phone in airplane mode and stick it in my pocket, then not touch it again until the round is over, and do all my editing that evening at home?

Yes you can.

I'd be willing to have my iPhone (preferably set to airplane mode) in my pocket while I play. But not if I have to pull it out, clear the lock screen and do stuff during the round. I need to be able to totally forget it's there and let the shot tracking happen in the background.

Sounds crazy but in over 100 round using Game Golf a couple years ago, having to tag shots never ceases to distract and annoy me. There's something about GG tagging or pulling my phone out and looking at the screen that totally takes me out of golf-enjoyment mode. But I do love having data available after the round.

So what I'm asking is this. Can I start Arccos app, put my phone in airplane mode and stick it in my pocket, then not touch it again until the round is over, and do all my editing that evening at home?

Yes you can.

In that case it's worth giving Arccos a try-out. I had kind of hoped for a while that Game Golf's "Pro" model was more than vaporware since I've used GG in the past and hated the tagging distraction. But that hope was faded, maybe it will show up one day, maybe it will work if it does, who knows.

I may end up being one who sends it back for my 30-day refund after half a dozen rounds but it does look promising

FWIW, there is a 15% off coupon code that worked as of a moment ago. I think it was SAVE15 or something like that. Brings it down to $212.50 with free shipping and the 30-day direct-purchase return policy.

I'd be willing to have my iPhone (preferably set to airplane mode) in my pocket while I play. But not if I have to pull it out, clear the lock screen and do stuff during the round. I need to be able to totally forget it's there and let the shot tracking happen in the background.

Sounds crazy but in over 100 round using Game Golf a couple years ago, having to tag shots never ceases to distract and annoy me. There's something about GG tagging or pulling my phone out and looking at the screen that totally takes me out of golf-enjoyment mode. But I do love having data available after the round.

So what I'm asking is this. Can I start Arccos app, put my phone in airplane mode and stick it in my pocket, then not touch it again until the round is over, and do all my editing that evening at home?

Yes you can.

In that case it's worth giving Arccos a try-out. I had kind of hoped for a while that Game Golf's "Pro" model was more than vaporware since I've used GG in the past and hated the tagging distraction. But that hope was faded, maybe it will show up one day, maybe it will work if it does, who knows.

I may end up being one who sends it back for my 30-day refund after half a dozen rounds but it does look promising

FWIW, there is a 15% off coupon code that worked as of a moment ago. I think it was SAVE15 or something like that. Brings it down to $212.50 with free shipping and the 30-day direct-purchase return policy.

Please share the code.

Does the Arccos 360 app work on iPad as well as iPhone? For post-round editing the larger screen would be better (although editing in the web dashboard must be an often-requested feature as that would be better still with a mouse and large screen). Don't have my Arccos hardware yet but tried to download the app to my iPad and it did not show up on the app list.

How far have you guys pushed the "water resistance" of the Arccos 360 sensors. Every three or four rounds I clean my clubs with a soapy brush then rinse them in warm water under the tap. I never dunk the grips in water but they are under running water for a few seconds a couple times a month. Is that a no-no with the microphone-based sensors?

Yes on iPad. Look for iphone app

Turns out if your iPad does not have cellular data (i.e. the normal WiFi-only iPads) the app will not install. Rather bloody-minded of Arccos to restrict the app that way but restricted it is.

No biggie, between the iPhone screen and the web dashboard there's no real need to also have access from iPad but it would be handy at times.

How far have you guys pushed the "water resistance" of the Arccos 360 sensors. Every three or four rounds I clean my clubs with a soapy brush then rinse them in warm water under the tap. I never dunk the grips in water but they are under running water for a few seconds a couple times a month. Is that a no-no with the microphone-based sensors?

Yes on iPad. Look for iphone app

Turns out if your iPad does not have cellular data (i.e. the normal WiFi-only iPads) the app will not install. Rather bloody-minded of Arccos to restrict the app that way but restricted it is.

No biggie, between the iPhone screen and the web dashboard there's no real need to also have access from iPad but it would be handy at times.

I wouldn't test waterproof resistance at all.. too risky.

Too bad on iPad. Yes mine has cellular.Kinda amazing that they can restrict such on certain models.

I've got three rounds in my Arccos 360 now and here are my initial impressions:

No battery life problems at all. Not even close to being an issue on my year-old iPhone SE (small form factor like the 5s). Turn off WiFi and Bluetooth before teeing off, pull the phone out and check after each hole to make sure it worked right, battery is down to around 74% on average after a 3-1/2 hour round.

Post-round editing is much like Game Golf. Somewhat of a pain in the neck. Couple of times per round I have to correct a fairway-vs-rough coding (always when the ball was either plus or minus 5 yards of the fairway mowing line). Also I have to change several shots per round where I used putter from off the green. No matter where the shot was taken, even from 20 yards short of the green, it defaults to considering a putt. It is taking a good 25 minutes to clean everything up on my PC at home after each round.

Putting stats are total garbage unless I laboriously move each and every flagstick position for all 18 holes. It seldom guesses the hole location within 10 feet of where it actually was (Game Golf had gotten fairly decent at that recently). But it isn't worth bothering because even with every hole location and first putt distance carefully adjusted post-round, the resulting putting stats just make no sense. So if I keep using Arccos long-term I was not bother adjusting flags and I'll ignore the putting stats.

The app itself is pretty cool as phone-GPS golf advice goes. Seems to keep up with my location in real time, it's kind of cool (although not strictly legal in a stipulated round) to see the elevation and wind info. But just generally a well-sorted presentation of the overhead view GPS and the lock screen big-print numbers of front/middle/back are very handy (not all the swiping involved in Game Golf Live for instance). Still, I use a laser generally and don't anticipate much using the phone during rounds. Just doing that initially to see how it works (during my 30-day free return window I want to try everything out).

The Dashboard view of stats and results seems to have an excellent variety of information available. No real complaints other than the layout and drill down to get to certain stuff is extremely confusing. But I'll get used to that after a few more weeks I'm sure. In just three rounds (three rounds where I was not playing very well BTW) it has already come up with a pretty on-the-nose set of "Smart Distance" estimates for my frequently used clubs.

I have to say I'm not totally in love with the big Arccos sensors on each club. The Game Golf ones were easy to ignore, in fact without looking I'd never even feel they were there. But about half a dozen times each round, during impact and followthrough I can feel that my hand is actually partly resting on the Arccos sensor instead of the grip. I simply forget to, in effect, "choke down" a half inch or so at address to make sure only grip is in my top hand. I will get used to it with time but it's annoying when I do forget. I do not sense ANY difference in balance or swingweight feel of my clubs.

I almost never see it record extra shots. Maybe once or twice an extra putt but never any other spurious shot. I do however need to add my final putt in to a couple holes per round, even thought I follow their advice of being sure to address the ball for 1-2 seconds before hitting a tap-in. Still, not problem having to bump up the number of putts occasionally. I do of course have to Add Shot any time I leave a ball in a bunker, flub a chip shot (I'm a chip-yipper) or otherwise fail to move it at least 10-15 yards. But I'd rather have that than have it recording spurious shots on practice swings and such. I think they have that correctly calibrated.

Finally, one totally idiosyncratic note. It has to be coincidence but over the last few months I had managed to eliminate my old nemesis shot. That's the driver tee shot that is blocked or block-sliced 30, 40, 50 yards wide and deep into trouble. For a long time I'd hit half a dozen of those a round but since about April or May I had it down to maybe once a round, if that. Starting the day I got my Arccos 360 I am hitting that nemesis block on nearly 40% of my tee shots (yes, five disaster driver shots per round!) and I'm totally depressed. If I really thought it were the Arccos doing it I'd have those things pulled off right quick but I know it's my swing!

I've been using Arccos 360 for the last 14 months and have put in 55 rounds with it. I like all of the pros that people have mentioned, but it still misses over 20% of my shots per round - most are drives, 3 wood shots and various putts. It is odd because i can launch the app on the 2nd hole of my home course, it will show me on the tee, I can query the caddie function, and I will grab my driver and tee off - but almost all of my drives on specific holes never appear. I have to go back into the dashboard and edit. I have found that i have to keep a physical scorecard for every round and then go back into the dashboard and adjust to make sure that every shot is counted. I understand problems with short, tap-in putts, but drives and fairway shots from wide open fairways where the app show exactly where i am on the course but does not register the shot. Annoying.

I also would like to point out that this is not a recent behavior - some may say that the battery is running low after so many rounds - this has been a problem for ages. I even tried swapping sensors from clubs that i rarely use to no avail. I don't understand what the issue could be.

I've been using Arccos 360 for the last 14 months and have put in 55 rounds with it. I like all of the pros that people have mentioned, but it still misses over 20% of my shots per round - most are drives, 3 wood shots and various putts. It is odd because i can launch the app on the 2nd hole of my home course, it will show me on the tee, I can query the caddie function, and I will grab my driver and tee off - but almost all of my drives on specific holes never appear. I have to go back into the dashboard and edit. I have found that i have to keep a physical scorecard for every round and then go back into the dashboard and adjust to make sure that every shot is counted. I understand problems with short, tap-in putts, but drives and fairway shots from wide open fairways where the app show exactly where i am on the course but does not register the shot. Annoying.

I also would like to point out that this is not a recent behavior - some may say that the battery is running low after so many rounds - this has been a problem for ages. I even tried swapping sensors from clubs that i rarely use to no avail. I don't understand what the issue could be.

Thanks for your assessment. I’m looking at picking up the Arccos 360 this weekend. I may need to do some more reading before shelling out my money.

Only time I have a missed shot are putting tapins. Do you have the phone in your front pocket? If no, put it there. If yes, contact Arccos as that’s not normal. I’ve used both versions. Missed shots is a rarity.

I've got three rounds in my Arccos 360 now and here are my initial impressions:

No battery life problems at all. Not even close to being an issue on my year-old iPhone SE (small form factor like the 5s). Turn off WiFi and Bluetooth before teeing off, pull the phone out and check after each hole to make sure it worked right, battery is down to around 74% on average after a 3-1/2 hour round.

Post-round editing is much like Game Golf. Somewhat of a pain in the neck. Couple of times per round I have to correct a fairway-vs-rough coding (always when the ball was either plus or minus 5 yards of the fairway mowing line). Also I have to change several shots per round where I used putter from off the green. No matter where the shot was taken, even from 20 yards short of the green, it defaults to considering a putt. It is taking a good 25 minutes to clean everything up on my PC at home after each round.

Putting stats are total garbage unless I laboriously move each and every flagstick position for all 18 holes. It seldom guesses the hole location within 10 feet of where it actually was (Game Golf had gotten fairly decent at that recently). But it isn't worth bothering because even with every hole location and first putt distance carefully adjusted post-round, the resulting putting stats just make no sense. So if I keep using Arccos long-term I was not bother adjusting flags and I'll ignore the putting stats.

The app itself is pretty cool as phone-GPS golf advice goes. Seems to keep up with my location in real time, it's kind of cool (although not strictly legal in a stipulated round) to see the elevation and wind info. But just generally a well-sorted presentation of the overhead view GPS and the lock screen big-print numbers of front/middle/back are very handy (not all the swiping involved in Game Golf Live for instance). Still, I use a laser generally and don't anticipate much using the phone during rounds. Just doing that initially to see how it works (during my 30-day free return window I want to try everything out).

The Dashboard view of stats and results seems to have an excellent variety of information available. No real complaints other than the layout and drill down to get to certain stuff is extremely confusing. But I'll get used to that after a few more weeks I'm sure. In just three rounds (three rounds where I was not playing very well BTW) it has already come up with a pretty on-the-nose set of "Smart Distance" estimates for my frequently used clubs.

I have to say I'm not totally in love with the big Arccos sensors on each club. The Game Golf ones were easy to ignore, in fact without looking I'd never even feel they were there. But about half a dozen times each round, during impact and followthrough I can feel that my hand is actually partly resting on the Arccos sensor instead of the grip. I simply forget to, in effect, "choke down" a half inch or so at address to make sure only grip is in my top hand. I will get used to it with time but it's annoying when I do forget. I do not sense ANY difference in balance or swingweight feel of my clubs.

I almost never see it record extra shots. Maybe once or twice an extra putt but never any other spurious shot. I do however need to add my final putt in to a couple holes per round, even thought I follow their advice of being sure to address the ball for 1-2 seconds before hitting a tap-in. Still, not problem having to bump up the number of putts occasionally. I do of course have to Add Shot any time I leave a ball in a bunker, flub a chip shot (I'm a chip-yipper) or otherwise fail to move it at least 10-15 yards. But I'd rather have that than have it recording spurious shots on practice swings and such. I think they have that correctly calibrated.

Finally, one totally idiosyncratic note. It has to be coincidence but over the last few months I had managed to eliminate my old nemesis shot. That's the driver tee shot that is blocked or block-sliced 30, 40, 50 yards wide and deep into trouble. For a long time I'd hit half a dozen of those a round but since about April or May I had it down to maybe once a round, if that. Starting the day I got my Arccos 360 I am hitting that nemesis block on nearly 40% of my tee shots (yes, five disaster driver shots per round!) and I'm totally depressed. If I really thought it were the Arccos doing it I'd have those things pulled off right quick but I know it's my swing!

On one putts it can’t guess where th flag is. On two putts, it’s usually within 3ft of the second putt.

I have about 10 rounds in with the Arccos and really like it. I am kind of a data guy, so it fits me well. There are only 2 issues I have with it. The first is that the Caddie function doesn’t work for me for some reason. I have emailed back and forth with their support team and each time they say they are going to push a software fix, but it hasn’t worked. I have been emailing them about once a week for a total of about a month. The second is that it doesn’t seem to pick up chips as well as full shots, so I have to add those in most of the time when I edit post round. Does anybody else have the second issue and have a fix? Thanks

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond
PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54, 58
Seemore Mini Giant DF

I have about 10 rounds in with the Arccos and really like it. I am kind of a data guy, so it fits me well. There are only 2 issues I have with it. The first is that the Caddie function doesn’t work for me for some reason. I have emailed back and forth with their support team and each time they say they are going to push a software fix, but it hasn’t worked. I have been emailing them about once a week for a total of about a month. The second is that it doesn’t seem to pick up chips as well as full shots, so I have to add those in most of the time when I edit post round. Does anybody else have the second issue and have a fix? Thanks

you should define 'doesn't' work' in detail of your issue with caddie 2.0. I've been using Beta and it's been working fine. Albeit some crashes.

Chip shots are recorded fine unless they are from immediate vicinity of the previous shot (i.e. multiple bunker shots)

Try with a different phone and see if that helps

I've played about 5 rounds with it and like the experience overall. Adjusting the pin location is pretty easy and all you're really doing is setting how long your first putt was for the stats, so it doesn't matter if you get the location exact, just a rough estimate of how far your first putt was. As for battery life I haven't been tracking, but with an iPhone X I haven't noticed a dramatic battery drain.

The main negative for me is the GPS distances as well as the watch app. The watch app is not usable, as it doesn't keep up with what hole I'm on, or where I'm at distance wise. The GPS distances seem off as well, I can be standing on the 150 plate and it will tell me I'm 135 or 165 to the front. Coming from Golfshot that was a big letdown as Golfshot was spot on most of the time, and allowed you to drag around to see a specific point on the course. I just ordered a Precision Pro NX7 to take care of more accurate distances, looking forward to testing it out.

I've played about 5 rounds with it and like the experience overall. Adjusting the pin location is pretty easy and all you're really doing is setting how long your first putt was for the stats, so it doesn't matter if you get the location exact, just a rough estimate of how far your first putt was. As for battery life I haven't been tracking, but with an iPhone X I haven't noticed a dramatic battery drain.

The main negative for me is the GPS distances as well as the watch app. The watch app is not usable, as it doesn't keep up with what hole I'm on, or where I'm at distance wise. The GPS distances seem off as well, I can be standing on the 150 plate and it will tell me I'm 135 or 165 to the front. Coming from Golfshot that was a big letdown as Golfshot was spot on most of the time, and allowed you to drag around to see a specific point on the course. I just ordered a Precision Pro NX7 to take care of more accurate distances, looking forward to testing it out.

You may want to ask them to check the map(s) for the course(s) you have problems on.

My home course seems to be pretty correctly mapped when I check Arccos 360 against my laser. Sometimes the spot it calls "front" of the green is a couple yards out in the fairway or something like that but the middle of greens and the basic dimensions seem right.

I have played one other course with some mapping problems on a couple holes so I asked them to update the course mapping and they did it basically overnight.

Caddie 2.0 is now live for Android users. I'm excited to see how it performs - I'm playing the next couple days, one on my home course and another on a completely unfamiliar course. Should be a good synopsis on how well it works. I'll report back later this week.

Edel E-1