TaylorMade P790 UDI Discontinued

Pitchswag

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know recoil was $50 upcharge.. my local store had them at msrp. $220

The $50 upcharge brings it close to the MSRP. If you do the $57 upcharge HZRDUS Black it makes it $219.99.

you're right, when I start customize it it showed $219.99 then it showed +$50 on recoil so I thought it'd be $269.99. When I check out it shows $212.50

Yeah it was a bit confusing, but if you go with some steel options it’s a much cheaper setup.

Also if you have a military discount. :)

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

I didn't know recoil was $50 upcharge.. my local store had them at msrp. $220

The $50 upcharge brings it close to the MSRP. If you do the $57 upcharge HZRDUS Black it makes it $219.99.

you're right, when I start customize it it showed $219.99 then it showed +$50 on recoil so I thought it'd be $269.99. When I check out it shows $212.50

Yeah it was a bit confusing, but if you go with some steel options it’s a much cheaper setup.

Also if you have a military discount. :)

Great deal there for sure!

Obviously not selling. Hard to improve on the previous model.

They have been backordered. Demand has exceeded supply.

At this point they are not discontinued - at least not in the States.

According to the shop I placed an order with, the July 4th allotment of heads is now spoken for. That means the July 18th allotment of heads are what any customers ordering from yesterday will have their orders fulfilled with.

TMAG gets them July 18 and will then build out whatever 790 orders they have and start shipping them out, meaning a delivery date to the customer of the back end of that month.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

They ARE discontinued. EOD!

Guess it depends on your definition of ARE.

If you can still order one today, are they discontinued or will they be discontinued?

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

They ARE discontinued. EOD!

Except that they're not.

I ordered one this week...called TM for status...scheduled to ship on 7/4.

Careful he might put 'are' in all CAPS, underlined, and bold next ;)

F.T.

Discontinued simply means no longer produced in this case. In reality they were discontinued before they were even released. They ordered one batch of heads with no intention of ordering another and it appears they are sticking to that. Yes they are discontinued, yes you can still buy them. Until they sell out, then that is it.

Discontinued simply means no longer produced in this case. In reality they were discontinued before they were even released. They ordered one batch of heads with no intention of ordering another and it appears they are sticking to that. Yes they are discontinued, yes you can still buy them. Until they sell out, then that is it.

Except that the head is the only item that is on back-order and holding my UDI up until 7/4. A new batch of heads are scheduled to arrive the first week of July. If they were adhering to their original 1 batch release, they'd be out of stock and not able to be ordered right now. They have no stock on-hand. But, you can still order and take delivery on the P790 UDI.

I just did it earlier this week...scheduled for a 2nd week of July delivery.

I just bought one from joe and Leigh’s in Easton. Granted it is stock off the shelf. But they had four in stock. I’m glad I got one before these become hard to find. I learned my lesson the hard way after getting rid of the original UDI 1 iron a while ago for the trade in value of $80. This was before they spiked in price lol. Needless to say I’m hanging onto this one.

I just bought one from joe and Leigh’s in Easton. Granted it is stock off the shelf. But they had four in stock. I’m glad I got one before these become hard to find. I learned my lesson the hard way after getting rid of the original UDI 1 iron a while ago for the trade in value of $80. This was before they spiked in price lol. Needless to say I’m hanging onto this one.

I just grabbed a stock on the TM site on Monday and got it this week. Glad I got one just in case!

Mine came in yesterday, ordered it May 20th with the DG 105 S300 shaft. Took it to the range earlier. Lasered the back two pins, 223 and 247 yards. I was carrying it past the 223 yard pin and rolling it up to the 247 pin.

For a point of reference, my average clubhead speed with driver is 111 mph.

I'd call the ball flight mid, not super high or low, most shots were a slight draw.

This was exaclty what I was looking for.

Made an eagle with it the other day.

550 yard par 5. Hit driver down center of the fairway. 248 yards left and hit 2 iron UDI to 10 feet. Made the putt for eagle.

Definitely staying in the bag

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

Has anyone compared the udi to the ping crossover? I know the sizes are going to be completely different and would assume the ping would be more forgiving and higher launchomg. I've hit the ping and it seems super loud. Stores near me don't carry the UDI.

You're exactly right. The crossover is more forgiving, larger, and much louder. Honestly out of all the utility/ driving irons on the market the crossover is my least favorite. If I were you I'd check out the ping rapture driving iron. It's smaller than the crossover but larger than the 790 and the feel is ten times better than the crossover. I have both, the 790 is great for low bullets that'll roll out a long way and the rapture is great if you want it to get up in the air a little easier and stop it quicker. They really screwed up the feel and sound of the crossover this year.

Has anyone compared the udi to the ping crossover? I know the sizes are going to be completely different and would assume the ping would be more forgiving and higher launchomg. I've hit the ping and it seems super loud. Stores near me don't carry the UDI.

You're exactly right. The crossover is more forgiving, larger, and much louder. Honestly out of all the utility/ driving irons on the market the crossover is my least favorite. If I were you I'd check out the ping rapture driving iron. It's smaller than the crossover but larger than the 790 and the feel is ten times better than the crossover. I have both, the 790 is great for low bullets that'll roll out a long way and the rapture is great if you want it to get up in the air a little easier and stop it quicker. They really screwed up the feel and sound of the crossover this year.

Thanks, I hadn’t even really thought of the rapture driving iron. I’ll look around see what I can find!

If I were you I'd check out the ping rapture driving iron. It's smaller than the crossover but larger than the 790 and the feel is ten times better than the crossover. I have both, the 790 is great for low bullets that'll roll out a long way and the rapture is great if you want it to get up in the air a little easier and stop it quicker.

The Rapture head is low profile and the face area a fair bit smaller than the UDI. The sole is a fair bit wider but in the address position the UDI looks a LOT bigger

I'd agree with the conclusion though that the UDI is better off the tee as great for low bullets. The Rapture needs to be teed really low because of the low profile so is far spinnier, but this also makes it a lot easier to elevate off the deck

The Ping Crossover, while high launching and fairly powerful, is a horrible looking and sounding club. In this day and age there really isn't need for it to be as big and cumbersome as it is.

The closest thing to it in terms of size is the Cobra King Utility and that looks and sounds so much better with similar carry distances.

The P790, MP-18 FliHi, Callaway UT all look the way they do for a reason after all.