Eaglemans WITB updated 11-25-18

Eagleman ·  
EaglemanEagleman Members  168WRX Points: 68Posts: 168 Fairways
Joined:  edited Nov 25, 2018 in What's In The Bag Photo Edition #1
So I’ve been lacking on an update, back in August I did a complete bag fitting at my club, Mistwood Golf Club. I worked with Eric Russell and I must say, he is awesome!!! I tried a lot of different head and shaft combos for driver fairways and irons but this is what gave me the best feel, distance and dispersion.

Taylormade M3 440 9° w/ Tensei blue stiff

I love this driver, I’m not sure if TwistFace works but I hit it a heck of a lot better then my 917 D3. I am playing around with the Tensei white, so that may change but I love the head

Taylormade M3 15° fairway with HZRDOUS Yellow stiff

I have always hated hitting a 3 wood. Between this and the Callaway Rogue it was a hard decision. Eric went and got his own shaft out of his 3 wood and I fell in love with the M3. It’s either straight or a little fade but I can actually hit it!!! Haha

Taylormade P790 2 UDI with HZRDOUS black S

I tried this up against the Gapr low and the 790 was better for me no questions asked. I’ve never been big on a “wood” style hybrid so the 790 is great. Either off a tee or the deck I love this club. Great for the par 4s that I can’t hit driver on

Taylormade P750 4-PW with KBS C-Taper 120g stiff

I tried Mizuno, Ping, Callaway, Srixon, p790 irons, p770 irons and the 750s. After roughly 3 or 4 hours it was between the p770s and p750s. After going back and forth with different shafts we came up with the C-tapers and 750s I love these irons. It was close between the two but my dispersion was better with these. The only iron I really didn’t like was the Pings. Just wasn’t a fan.

Taylormade MG 52 and 56, Hi-toe 60

I’ve always played Vokeys and these are **** close for me. The Hi-Toe’s grind is very versatile and I love that the grooves go all the way across the face because my miss is towards the toe with my pitches. And I love the MG raw finish.

Bettinardi BB0

Same putter that I posted below. I might actually try to find a BB0 with a flow neck and I’d switch between the two.
Posted:
Post edited by Unknown User on
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° w/ handcrafted evenflow black 6.5
Callaway epic flash SZ 15° W/ evenflow Black 6.5
Callaway Apex 20° w/ evenflow black 6.5
Callaway Apex Pro 19 w/ Project X 6.5 4-PW
Callaway MD4 50°, PM grind 54°, PM grind 58°
Bettinardi BB0 Flow neck custom “koolaid” Japanese Bronze
Chrome Soft X/Prov1x

Comments

• dciccorittidciccoritti An inch an hour, 2 feet a day Toronto, CanadaMembers  1697WRX Points: 400Posts: 1,697 Platinum Tees
    I might be a tad biased but...nice bag :-)
    Posted:

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway

• TS2
    • 716 MB 5-PW
    • MG 52 SB-09 | 56 LB-09 | 60 LB-09
    • Select Newport 2
    • ProV1x
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • nikeV10bladenikeV10blade Members  294WRX Points: 70Posts: 294 Greens
    That Newport 2 tho.. ����
    Posted:
    Taylormade M1 440 Tour Issue 9.5 Matrix Ozik Black Tie 7m3 x-flex 44.50
    Taylormade Jetspeed Tour Issue 3HL 17 Aldila Ripd NV 85 Tour X
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 iron Kuro Kage Tour Proto 100x
    Titleist 716 AP2 4-9 iron bent 2 up and 1 degree weak Project X 6.5 plus 5 gram lead tape on back of shaft
    Titleist Vokey SM6 46F and 50F bent 2 up and 1 degree weak Project X 6.5 plus 5 gram lead tape on back of shaft
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54S and 58L bent 2.5 up and 1 degree weak Project X 7.0 8 iron shaft tipped 3/8th
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 33in
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  12809WRX Points: 3,648Handicap: 5.0Posts: 12,809 Titanium Tees
    Nice sticks all the way around but that bag is really sharp
    Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana
    FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R
    Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts
    SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400
    LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400
    Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft
    Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

• EaglemanEagleman Members  168WRX Points: 68Posts: 168 Fairways
    Thank you guys. I’m going to get outside in the next 10 minutes and get some better pictures
    Posted:
    Chrome Soft X/Prov1x
    Here are some (hopefully) better pics of the sticks. The only club that I think is on the chopping block is the 3 wood. I just can’t hit it consistently. I love the Cameron and Crown Newport 2. Played my first round with it yesterday and despite not playing my best I only three putted once. Also played my first round with the wedges and I’m very happy with them. The biggest thing for me was the vokey wedge selector said I needed low bounce wedges, but I went to a local club that had demos and I hit a bunch of different grind and bounce options and the grinds/bounce I hit the best we’re all higher bounce options. I play a 52.12F, 56.14F and a 60.12D. Definitely recommend people to go out and hit all the options you can before buying them.
    Posted:
    Chrome Soft X/Prov1x
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members  12809WRX Points: 3,648Handicap: 5.0Posts: 12,809 Titanium Tees
    Eagleman wrote:

Here are some (hopefully) better pics of the sticks. The only club that I think is on the chopping block is the 3 wood. I just can't hit it consistently. I love the Cameron and Crown Newport 2. Played my first round with it yesterday and despite not playing my best I only three putted once. Also played my first round with the wedges and I'm very happy with them. The biggest thing for me was the vokey wedge selector said I needed low bounce wedges, but I went to a local club that had demos and I hit a bunch of different grind and bounce options and the grinds/bounce I hit the best we're all higher bounce options. I play a 52.12F, 56.14F and a 60.12D. Definitely recommend people to go out and hit all the options you can before buying them.
    Yep that bag looks even sharper in the sun and that NAPA all I can say is Dammit Boy image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> BTW for those who do not know Dammit Boy is a Southern Redneck phrase for "Impressive" or I am impressed
    Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana
    FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R
    Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts
    SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400
    LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400
    Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft
    Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

Advertisement
    Thank you Stu!!! And I work with a couple iron workers from South Carolina so I hear all sorts of new phrases! And the Napa is a sharp putter!!! But I do believe the Newport 2 has kicked the Napa out for now...
    Posted:
    Chrome Soft X/Prov1x
  • DreadzombieDreadzombie Members  315WRX Points: 128Handicap: 8Posts: 315 Greens
    Love my C&C newport! What are your gaps between 3w and that 21 hybrid? Thinking of changing around my bag to have a 3w, 3h, 4h setup
    Posted:

Love my C&C newport! What are your gaps between 3w and that 21 hybrid? Thinking of changing around my bag to have a 3w, 3h, 4h setup

I am really liking the putter too!!! Great feeling. It’s actually the first “insert” putter that I’ve really liked. And for the gaps I have a 15 degree three wood and I have the 21* hybrid adjusted to 20* the big thing with me is I am not super confident with either club so I’m going to keep playing around with the bag set up. Might change the hubris out for a TMB 2 iron because I have more confidence in my irons then hybrid. I’m also gonna check out the other model of 818 hybrids the H1. Either way I am happy with switching because now I have a 52,56,60 wedge set up that I use a lot more then my hybrids and three wood.
    Posted:
    Chrome Soft X/Prov1x
    Well, I had a rain day so I was able to make an Appointment at Bettinardi Golf and was fitted for a putter. Anyone doubting getting fit for a putter, do it!!! I thought I had a straight back straight through stroke but looking at the camera I found out I am arched. Also had my length, loft, and lie adjusted accordingly. Awesome place!!! Super friendly people and Michael Biviano and Leonard were a lot of help!!
    Posted:
    Chrome Soft X/Prov1x
    Post updated 11-25-18 in the first post. Sorry about the sideways pictures and it’s currently freezing rain so inside pics will have to do for now.
    Posted:
    Chrome Soft X/Prov1x

Advertisement
  • LongballjockLongballjock ScotlandMembers  199WRX Points: 54Handicap: 3.3Posts: 199 Fairways
    Nice bag really like the look of those wedges , very classy 👌
    Posted:
    What's in the bag

Driver: Cobra F8 9*
    w/ UST elements Chrome
    4wood : Taylormade "07" Burner TP 17.5*
    W/ Fujikura Blur 75x
    Hyrbid: Adams super 9031 21.5*
    W/ Diamana D+ 82s
    Irons : Lynx Prowler VT 5-pw
    W/ Recoil 780 F5
    Wedges: Nike Forged 50* Engage 54*&60* (TS&DS)
    W/ Aldila Multicomp 105
    Putter: Nike Method 001 Flow neck (oven Proto)

Ball: Callaway Chromesoft X
    Thank you longball!! I stopped at the Bettinardi Hive yesterday and started designing a putter, but I also couldn’t leave empty handed haha
    Posted:
    Chrome Soft X/Prov1x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.