Titleist Tour Soft

thomo85

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried AVX and This year’s Chrome soft and Tour soft. I liked tour soft best. I didn’t think it was hard at all. I don’t really care what balls cost because I hardly ever loose one and I find more balls than I could ever wear out, plus I like to use new balls and stick with one brand for the season once I decide. I’m not that good to notice much difference in spin etc. I give all the found balls to our daughter who is starting to play now that she is working and has friends who play.

This just in...

Titleist charge high prices for golf balls.

Top-Flite sell golf balls very cheaply.

There are many products in this world where spending more is getting you something more, or better.

There are many products out there for people who like to flaunt disposable income and/or make prime candidates because they imitate what they admire and other social BS.

This forum is very usefull in helping building somewhat of a consensus for what the truth is in each case. It may not be unanimous, but if you read between the lines you can see who makes logical observations and who makes emotional ones.

There are many products I buy where the name does matter and I am irational about it. But I admit this in these cases.

Disposable plastic spheres is not one of them.

The equipment i use (clubs etc) name matters to me. But I would not attempt to defend that on made up justifications.

There are also those who simply can’t get away from specific brands. I like Coke , some Prefer Pepsi right ? The odd thing if Coke was 400% more expensive I would quickly become a Pepsi fan as the difference is very little and more of an acquired taste.

Golf is different than any other item I can think of besides maybe tennis shoes that cost $300 for Air Jordan, they don’t do anything more for your feet than a nice $50 pair of brand X but people still buy them.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I found one while playing the other day and played it along with my Z Star since the golf course was empty. My impression: long, soft but not mushy, typical 2 piece ball spin profile off wedges and greenside. Very good ball for a 2 piece, but no better than Srixon Soft Feel or Titleist Trusoft. I wouldn't pay more than $20 for them if I was looking for a good 2 piecer. Z Star did everything a tour quality urethane ball is expected to do and at times can be had for $20. To each their own, and I could care less how other folks spend their money, but for me, the price of the Tour Soft is ridiculous!!

I found one while playing the other day and played it along with my Z Star since the golf course was empty. My impression: long, soft but not mushy, typical 2 piece ball spin profile off wedges and greenside. Very good ball for a 2 piece, but no better than Srixon Soft Feel or Titleist Trusoft. I wouldn't pay more than $20 for them if I was looking for a good 2 piecer. Z Star did everything a tour quality urethane ball is expected to do and at times can be had for $20. To each their own, and I could care less how other folks spend their money, but for me, the price of the Tour Soft is ridiculous!!

I agree with you. I know some people get offended when you say something negative about their favorite ball. But if you play soft receptive greens there are a lot of balls for under $20 that will perform the same. And if you play hard firm greens then the Tour Soft just does not measure up to urethane balls.

The ball doesn't suck, but it seems expensive for what you are getting.

I played around with the Tour Softs, Srixon Q Star Tours, Callaway Chrome Softs, and Snell MTB Blacks on a practice green the other day, chipping and putting. I'm a 66 yr old hacker, 13 hi, and don't rely on spin much as getting the ball to go where I want is hard enough, zipping it back is well beyond my ken. Anyway, notwithstanding the absence of urethane, the Tour Softs were actually the winners for me, followed closely by the Snell and Q Stars. The Chrome Softs just feel dead to me, don't know why.

So today I played 9 holes with the Tour Softs and tied my lowest score of the year, 3 over par. The Tour Softs did everything pretty well. I screwed up a couple of shots, and no ball would have helped me with those. So why they work, I don't know, but for the moment, I'm going to give them a chance to shine.

Or more likely, since I'm the one hitting them, alas, not to shine.

How many of those who prefer the Tour Soft have tried the Super Soft , Srixon Soft Feel or the other balls in the same category?

I get the urethane doesn’t benefit everyone but why are we not comparing apples to apples ?

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

How many of those who prefer the Tour Soft have tried the Super Soft , Srixon Soft Feel or the other balls in the same category?

I get the urethane doesn’t benefit everyone but why are we not comparing apples to apples ?

Played the TourSoft in the colder weather and it felt firm and it didn't spin much. Today, in 90 degree weather it felt great and it had some spin, of course not urethane type of spin. It has a great yellow color, better than most, It is over priced, sure. But, if a few extra dollars are not a big deal (Walmart has them cheaper too), it's a nice choice in the summer months.

Played the TourSoft in the colder weather and it felt firm and it didn't spin much. Today, in 90 degree weather it felt great and it had some spin, of course not urethane type of spin. It has a great yellow color, better than most, It is over priced, sure. But, if a few extra dollars are not a big deal (Walmart has them cheaper too), it's a nice choice in the summer months.

Agree with this, tried the tour soft in colder, wetter weather and it didn't impress me, but in the warmer weather we're having now it's doing well, but again, i don't really see much improvement over the trusoft, which is half the price nearly.

I've now played two 18 hole rounds with the Tour Soft. Both rounds were lower than my handicap. I played all 36 holes with the same ball.

I've played many of the "soft" balls that are out there. I used to play Project a and Chrome Soft, and SuperSoft.

Tour Soft has a more solid, firmer feel compared to other "soft" branded balls

Distance is good. Feel off the putter is great. Spin around the greens is the same as other non-urethane balls.

I like it.

PING Rapture ^10 driver

Callaway UW 19^

PING Anser Forged Irons 3-pw
PING Forged wedges
Wilson 8802 Putter

Tried a sleeve of these. Didn't get past the practice green. Sounded very odd on chips and pitches, and didn't behave the way i wanted.

Oh, well. Cheap experiment.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

I plan to try a sleeve of the Tour Soft but I am currently playing the DT Trusoft and for my game it performs great. I find it better around the greens than 3 piece balls like the Gamer Soft and e6 Soft. It is not urethane but for me the performance is similar to the Ksig since I do not spin the ball like some other golfers.

I plan to try a sleeve of the Tour Soft but I am currently playing the DT Trusoft and for my game it performs great. I find it better around the greens than 3 piece balls like the Gamer Soft and e6 Soft. It is not urethane but for me the performance is similar to the Ksig since I do not spin the ball like some other golfers.

I've read a lot of your posts regarding the softer balls and I myself love the Trusoft. I've switched to the Tour Soft this season, it's everything a love about the Trusoft but with better short game control, just not quite as soft. I think you'll like it a lot.

I've read a lot of your posts regarding the softer balls and I myself love the Trusoft. I've switched to the Tour Soft this season, it's everything a love about the Trusoft but with better short game control, just not quite as soft. I think you'll like it a lot.

I'd agree with this. I like the TruSoft too. But the tour soft has a touch more solid feel to it. Both are very good balls.

PING Rapture ^10 driver

Callaway UW 19^

PING Anser Forged Irons 3-pw
PING Forged wedges
Wilson 8802 Putter

Tour Soft is a very nice ball. Good distance and a bit more bite on the green than I expected.

It does however, seem to be a bit too lively when chipping. It runs out a bit more than I like (Chrome Soft user) when chipping and seems a little bit more difficult to control.

For ME it felt just a bit "mushy", for lack of a better word.

Just finished round #3 with the AVX though and, as I was just about to "settle" on a single ball and buy 3 dozen Chrome Softs, I now have to think twice; and quickly as the $100 Odyssey putter I bought at PGATSS is almost out of its 90 days playability guarantee. LOL

Now AVX is in a different price category as the Tour Soft but it really goes. It is the longest ball off the driver I've tried this year (CS, TP5, ProVix, Tour Soft, Kirkland). Releases a bit more off the irons when hitting a green and a bit less spin around the green but I'm really conflicted right now.

But the Tour Soft IS a really nice ball,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Sunday I got to put the tour soft in play again. Still have the two twin pack sleeves I bought this spring. While I admit it leaves some green side spin desired, other than that I absolutely like this ball. I have hit my longest drives of the year with this ball. Flies fine off my irons and putts just fine for me. My biggest hangup is the price. If I wouldn't have found the 2 ball trial sleeves I never would have bought any. While I truly enjoy playing the ball, the price point just does not jive with me for what it is. If it was priced more on point with other 2 piece balls I would snatch them up, but as it is I just can't.

Sunday I got to put the tour soft in play again. Still have the two twin pack sleeves I bought this spring. While I admit it leaves some green side spin desired, other than that I absolutely like this ball. I have hit my longest drives of the year with this ball. Flies fine off my irons and putts just fine for me. My biggest hangup is the price. If I wouldn't have found the 2 ball trial sleeves I never would have bought any. While I truly enjoy playing the ball, the price point just does not jive with me for what it is. If it was priced more on point with other 2 piece balls I would snatch them up, but as it is I just can't.

Walmart has them in store at 31.99. Not far from an e6 speed or soft

If they had priced them in the $26 range like the NXT line had started I would have thought they were slightly overpriced but I would have probably bit the bullet anyway. I do like them better than other two piece balls.

I believe you are talking about NXT Tour S (the 2-piece ball). The original NXT Tour (3-piece Surlyn) was roughly the same price as Tour Soft.