True Linkswear True Knit

Sorry for the delay, but here is my take after one round;

Conditions were high 60s, clear skies, relatively firm course conditions (for western Washington). I wore Knits with low no-show type socks. Rode in a cart, so walking was capped at approximately 4 miles for the round.

Initial reactions = very very light, comparable to Nike Racer G. Spacious toe box (as advertised), but very secure and comfortable around heel/ankle. I typically wear a 9.5 in Nike/Adidas products, but since there are no half sizes I went down to a 9, and have no complaints.

Grip is excellent. Played from fairway bunker, rough, side hill lies, etc... all with great stability and no slippage. At first glance the sole looks similar to an Ecco product, but I would say it provides superior traction.

Elastic type closure around ankle I found to be nice as it creates a seal that prevents sand, grass, dirt from getting down into your shoes. Especially nice if you prefer to go sockless or no show type socks.

Although the comfort is top notch, I also found that I had more feel through my feet. Like high performance car tires, where you get feedback, this is much the same. If you use your feet to read slopes at all, these are for you. Comfort + feedback.

Only negative I have is that my left shoe did rub a bit on my Achilles where I had no sock protection. Wasn't enough of a bother for me to change anything, but something to consider if you are going sockless and walking 18+.

That is all I can think of for the moment, will be wearing these again on Thursday when I play.

Titleist TSR3 10.0* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 5S

Ping G425 14.5* Autoflex 505x

Ping G410 17.5* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S

Sub70 949X 22* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Red 

PXG Gen3 0311T N.S. Pro Modus3 120

Vokey SM7 50/8, 56/11

Vokey SM8 M Grind 60/08

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Birdie wrap blue - logo only - jpeg - small-100.jpg

On course photo.

Vokey SM7 50/8, 56/11

Vokey SM8 M Grind 60/08

I was all set to order, until $100 shipping to Sweden put a stop to that :/

[size=1][b]Driver[/b] Titleist 915D3 8.5* Veylix Rome Roughneck S, tipped 1''
[b]Spoon[/b] [/size][size=1]Cobra King LTD 13.5* UST Mamiya Chrome Elements S[/size]
[size=1][b]Hybrid[/b] Adams A2ts Aldila Voodoo SNV8 S
[b]Irons[/b] Epon AF-Tour 5 - PW KBS C-taper S
[b]GW[/b] Titleist SM6 52* K-grind
[b]SW[/b] Titleist SM6 oil can 58* V-grind
[b]Putter[/b] Scotty Cameron Phantom Futura[/size]

I was all set to order, until $100 shipping to Sweden put a stop to that :/

ohhh damn. :huh:

Vokey SM7 50/8, 56/11

Vokey SM8 M Grind 60/08

First post on this forum, specifically because I was looking for some feedback on this shoe, but I recently received a pair of the True Knits in off-white size 10. I feel like estimating shoe size via the internet is one of the hardest things to get right, so I thought someone out there might benefit from a detailed review of my size across multiple brands and my experience with the True Knits.

At the outset I should state that I adore the look of this shoe. I don't even know if I should call it a shoe because it looks and feels more like a sneaker, akin to my Saucony Irish Coffees or the Adidas NMD_R2's. I guarantee that anyone who buys the Knits will be wearing them as a casual sneaker all summer, probably a lot more often than as a golf shoe.

Similar to the post above, I am a size 9.5 in a very old (at least 14 years) pair of Footjoys. I also recently bought a pair of Nike Lunar Command 2's in size 9.5 (at Dick's Sporting Goods the 9 felt perfect and the 9.5 felt too big, but when I ordered the 9's from Nike in my preferred colorway, they ended up feeling too tight). In Nike Zoom Fly SP Unisex Running Sneakers I am a 10.5. In Ecco dress shoes, I am an EU 42. In the Saucony Irish Coffees I am a 9.5. I contacted Truelinkswear about my various sizes and they recommended a size 10 in the Knits.

I definitely have a little extra room to spare in the size 10. I think a size 9 would fit like a glove but I can't confirm without being able to make a side-by-side comparison or an exchange (the shoe is sold out). The 10's feel best when I slide my foot forward toward the front of the shoe. If I keep my foot in the middle of the shoe, I feel like the ball of my foot closest to the arch overhangs the inside part of the sole by a few centimeters and I get a slight digging sensation in that area. Overall, the shoes just don't feel quite as tight as I expected, and pulling the laces as tight as they can go doesn't sufficiently improve the fit.

If the 9 fits like I think it will, then I should be very satisfied with the shoe. I think my feet will feel more secure during the swing with less "swimming" going on inside the shoe. The sole is so flexible and thin that you can feel every undulation in the ground. I would expect this to be an advantage during putting, but it remains to be seen whether I will appreciate this feature during full swings.

First post on this forum, specifically because I was looking for some feedback on this shoe, but I recently received a pair of the True Knits in off-white size 10. I feel like estimating shoe size via the internet is one of the hardest things to get right, so I thought someone out there might benefit from a detailed review of my size across multiple brands and my experience with the True Knits.

At the outset I should state that I adore the look of this shoe. I don't even know if I should call it a shoe because it looks and feels more like a sneaker, akin to my Saucony Irish Coffees or the Adidas NMD_R2's. I guarantee that anyone who buys the Knits will be wearing them as a casual sneaker all summer, probably a lot more often than as a golf shoe.

Similar to the post above, I am a size 9.5 in a very old (at least 14 years) pair of Footjoys. I also recently bought a pair of Nike Lunar Command 2's in size 9.5 (at Dick's Sporting Goods the 9 felt perfect and the 9.5 felt too big, but when I ordered the 9's from Nike in my preferred colorway, they ended up feeling too tight). In Nike Zoom Fly SP Unisex Running Sneakers I am a 10.5. In Ecco dress shoes, I am an EU 42. In the Saucony Irish Coffees I am a 9.5. I contacted Truelinkswear about my various sizes and they recommended a size 10 in the Knits.

I definitely have a little extra room to spare in the size 10. I think a size 9 would fit like a glove but I can't confirm without being able to make a side-by-side comparison or an exchange (the shoe is sold out). The 10's feel best when I slide my foot forward toward the front of the shoe. If I keep my foot in the middle of the shoe, I feel like the ball of my foot closest to the arch overhangs the inside part of the sole by a few centimeters and I get a slight digging sensation in that area. Overall, the shoes just don't feel quite as tight as I expected, and pulling the laces as tight as they can go doesn't sufficiently improve the fit.

If the 9 fits like I think it will, then I should be very satisfied with the shoe. I think my feet will feel more secure during the swing with less "swimming" going on inside the shoe. The sole is so flexible and thin that you can feel every undulation in the ground. I would expect this to be an advantage during putting, but it remains to be seen whether I will appreciate this feature during full swings.

is this your first pair of TRUE’s? They aren’t supposed to be super snug around the toes but instead your toes have room to move/flex.

Not my first pair of Trues, love the current other versions, but these are a bit loose with foot overhanging the sole at ball of my feet so honestly not ideal or what I expected for width based on past experience. Like the look and they will work fine as a light duty casual shoe, but wouldn't wear them for any serious walking about. May be returning for exchange for another pair of Originals or Outsiders.

• 2 weeks later...

Think I'm going to send mine back. I really love the look, love the comfort, and love the "feel" when walking around, but I can't imagine a day full of swings in these shoes.

Why do you say that?

I have played multiple walking rounds in mine without issue.

Vokey SM7 50/8, 56/11

Vokey SM8 M Grind 60/08

Think I'm going to send mine back. I really love the look, love the comfort, and love the "feel" when walking around, but I can't imagine a day full of swings in these shoes.

Why do you say that?

I have played multiple walking rounds in mine without issue.

There is so little support. I don't need to be wearing Red Wing boots when I'm hacking my ball out of the woods, but I do need a little more structure than the Knits. Wish that weren't the case because I could wear these shoes all day long.

I bought them and liked them so much that I decided they are going to worn as casual sneakers instead of golf shoes. Really great looking shoes and work very well with shorts, jeans, chinos, etc... really any application. They are really comfortable as well. I quickly ordered a pair of the True Originals to have a new pair of golf shoes lol. The Knits have quickly become my go to casual summer shoe.

I used that TRUEJOE 15% off code. Appreciated that one!

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

The little support arguement is one that needs some education and experience.

Take a look at reviews for other minimalistic footwear. Typically, there will be a disclaimer about having to have to get used to them.

That's what I love about True. For anything athletic related, I only wear minimalist shoes. For the longest time my favorite running shoes were the Nike Flyknits. The True Knits are basically the nike flyknits from 3-4 years ago but with a grippier sole.

I will say, sometimes I hit balls on the range wearing just regular tennis shoes/sneakers. I did that in the Nike Flyknits a couple of times and they definitely did not provide enough top support for a golf swing. My toes would like pop through the top of them on my follow through. I haven't swung a club in the True Knits, but, when I put them on I did question if the full soft knit material is really strong enough. After messing around with them, I think it is as the outeredge by the toes are knitted tighter than the general toe box. However, there is absolutely no lateral support on the True Knits. For me that's not an issue but I could see with less stable and more side to side golf swings people having an issue with that.

For those who think the fit is too loose in your proper size.... throw them in the wash at a medium temp! I accidentally shrunk a pair of Nike fly knits doing that, so I had an idea it could work.

Shrunk the upper just a bit so that now it keeps my foot in place. I know my size was correct as it’s the same I wear in the Outsider, but now tying the laces actually makes a difference and my foot is much more secure, especially on stairs or when standing at odd angles. Can still wiggle my toes and feel the wide toebox just fine.

I’m sure it will void the warranty, but seriously the shoes are so much better shrunk down just a tiny bit.

For reference, I’ve been wearing barefoot style shoes for years and wear the following sizes in other shoe brands:

Vibram Five Fingers: 46

Birkenstock: 46

Nike: 13

Ecco: 47

Allen Edmunds: 12.5 D

True: 13

For those who think the fit is too loose in your proper size.... throw them in the wash at a medium temp! I accidentally shrunk a pair of Nike fly knits doing that, so I had an idea it could work.

Shrunk the upper just a bit so that now it keeps my foot in place. I know my size was correct as it’s the same I wear in the Outsider, but now tying the laces actually makes a difference and my foot is much more secure, especially on stairs or when standing at odd angles. Can still wiggle my toes and feel the wide toebox just fine.

I’m sure it will void the warranty, but seriously the shoes are so much better shrunk down just a tiny bit.

For reference, I’ve been wearing barefoot style shoes for years and wear the following sizes in other shoe brands:

Vibram Five Fingers: 46

Birkenstock: 46

Nike: 13

Ecco: 47

Allen Edmunds: 12.5 D

True: 13

Hmm ... I wish I saw this post before I sent mine back. They fit well length-wise, but just too loose overall. Depending on my future shoe plans I may try this

drn92

Getting near end of the month, anyone heard when second fulfillment will be complete?

My wife ordered a pair and got an email last night saying they made it to the port of Tacoma. so they are in the states. Should be another week or so it sounds like.

I've played about 5 rounds in these and they are becoming my favorite golf shoe I've had. I've never had a knit shoe like this and I really notice the breathability. My socks are not sweaty after the round. I know that sounds like a small thing, but it actually feels very nice. Couldn't wear them on wet days, but morning dew has not been a problem.

I received my Knits today in time for my weekend trip where I’ll play some golf. I was really looking forward to wearing these shoes both casually during my trip and on the course so I don’t have to pack my other shoes.

Turns out it was the wrong decision to size down. I am sometimes a 10, sometimes 10.5, and sometimes 11. I chose 10 in the Knits and they’re too small. I emailed today asking for an exchange with expedited shipping to arrive this week before I leave for my trip. They emailed back within 20 minutes and will ship a size 11 today.

Fantastic service.

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

I ended up returning my knits. They would have been awesome as a casual shoe, but I have casual shoes (running/hiking) that have knit/mesh so decided it was smarter to focus on golf shoes.

SO - used the credit to apply to another pair each of the Outsider and Original. I like both a lot and want another pair of each in reserve (and got one in a different color) in case styles change, lol, so I know I'm good for a bit on these shoes.

I just play too much golf with dew on the ground for the knits to be practical for me for golf and if I'm going to invest $ in shoes, figured better stick to what I love for golf since I already have knit/mesh casuals in other styles.

Love the way the company has refocused, or whatever I'm perceiving. Love the current shoes.