2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

6 dozen TF Gamers coming my way (Update 7/9/18... Hole in 1)

mvhoffman

Dicks was/is having a flash sale and Gamers are marked down 20% and BOGO = 7.50 a dozen. I bought 6 and a new driver grip (to put me over 50 for the free shipping). Haven't actually played with the Gamer at all but really like the D2 feel ball.

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamers are an awesome golf ball, especially at that price. I’ve played them fairly regularly for years and for the money can’t be beat.

Modern bag:
Nike vr str8 fit tour set at 11
Ping rapture v2 4 wood
Nike vr_s 3 and 4 hybrids
Maltby mmb 5-pw
Carnahan 52/56/60 wedge
Rotating door of putters

Sunday/quick nine walker:
Callaway warbird deuce 2 wd
Callaway warbird 4 wd
Hogan apex pro 4-E
Ping eye 2 W and S
Ping cushin putter

Classic bag:
Palmer Chattanooga driver
Hogan Slotline 4 wd
Palmer Standard 85 3-pw
Same ping eye 2 sw
Wilson professional 600 putter

SD brings up a great point. I love the feel and performance of the D2 Feel. Hoping the Gamer is comparable. I have been a 50elite player for years but for 7.50 a dozen, it’s too good to pass up. Sale is still on, I’m thinking about buying some more. They should be here tomorrow. If I like them I’m gonna splurge.

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

Played the Gamer V2 many years ago, but not the current Gamer ball. Is it pretty much still the same ball?

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

Some folks claim to notice some variation to the cover or feel, but I’ve played every version of Gamer and can’t really tell the difference. I’ve enjoyed the version/quality that has come out from DSG/GG the last few years.

Modern bag:
Nike vr str8 fit tour set at 11
Ping rapture v2 4 wood
Nike vr_s 3 and 4 hybrids
Maltby mmb 5-pw
Carnahan 52/56/60 wedge
Rotating door of putters

Sunday/quick nine walker:
Callaway warbird deuce 2 wd
Callaway warbird 4 wd
Hogan apex pro 4-E
Ping eye 2 W and S
Ping cushin putter

Classic bag:
Palmer Chattanooga driver
Hogan Slotline 4 wd
Palmer Standard 85 3-pw
Same ping eye 2 sw
Wilson professional 600 putter

I believe you can do both the DSG in my area have sh*t stock. There are 2 and 1 was hit by a tornado a week ago. If anyone comes across any white Gamer Soft, let me know and I will PayPal you money to purchase and ship to me

I believe you can do both the DSG in my area have sh*t stock. There are 2 and 1 was hit by a tornado a week ago. If anyone comes across any white Gamer Soft, let me know and I will PayPal you money to purchase and ship to me

Yes, many DSG have poor stock. I thought the white gamersofts could be had on line for this deal and they ship it to the store for free. But, they have not yet to be seen in store for a year now.

the white Gamer Soft states not available for shipping. The blue is just a complete disappointment in color. It would be different if it were neon matte blue, but its fertilizer, blend in blue color just blows.

I tried them long ago and they just are missing something my ProV1 clone from Callaway is not.

Yeah about 10 yards off the tee

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

I play Pro V1s not because my game warrants them, but because I get them for gifts.

I should try those Top Flite Gamers for nostalgia sake.

I loved Top Flites back when Spaldng made them--not the XLs but the originals.

They were rock hard--100+ compression--but there's never been a more consistent ball for club selection.

Modern irons might not have spun them, but the old Spalding Executive 8-PW spun them with no problem.

Tour Edge E522___driver

Cleveland QuadPro___4 wood

Top Flite Intimidator 400___5, 7, 9 woods

Mizuno Fli Hi II___driving iron

Titleist T300___7-SW

Titleist SM6___LW

Tad Moore Chicopee___putter

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

@ $7.50 I jumped on a boat load. Unless the greens are super baked, crusted over tour caliber 13 on the stimp meter, they play perfectly fine.

Had my 2 best rounds of 2018 with the Gamer..... I am hooked!

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I'm glad to hear that so many are fans of the Gamer. I did the 6 dozen with really having no experience with them at all. My love of the D2 Feel with hopes of a little "more" convinced me to buy the Gamers.

and... I love hearing, "That ball up there (in front of other balls) isn't yours... it's a Top Flite." The country clubbers get a little " put off" by that.

Top Flite is a Dick's house brand since they bought Top Flite some years back. I've been playing Gamers for quite a while. My big complaint is that lately they haven't had the Gamer in yellow in stock. I tried to ask their chat guy what was up with that but he didn't know anything. Fortunately I still have 5 dozen yellow Gamers but I don't know what I'll do when they are gone.

Top Flite is a Dick's house brand since they bought Top Flite some years back. I've been playing Gamers for quite a while. My big complaint is that lately they haven't had the Gamer in yellow in stock. I tried to ask their chat guy what was up with that but he didn't know anything. Fortunately I still have 5 dozen yellow Gamers but I don't know what I'll do when they are gone.

Yeah I got 3 dozen at Black Friday but it appears the Gamer is either going away or having a new release.

Either way I got plenty of white which I don’t mind, I prefer the yellow but for the value I am good for now.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

WOW... what a ball. These things are great. Straight off the tee and spin great around the greens. Definitely found my new ball. May be ordering more than the 6 I already did.

I wish I could have gotten the yellow ones but when I checked days ago they only had like one box available. I had a $10 reward thing to use up so I bought enough to get free shipping and the $10 off!

Great just what I needed was more golf balls and white ones too! I hope I like them cause I got quite a few coming!!!

I'm a sick, sick, bastage. 14 + 8 is 22 dozen. My God. How can I refuse for $0.50 a ball roughly though? I MUST stop now LOL

Just checked your profile to see where you live... figured if DSG gets rid of them I could just “borrow” some from you in 20 years! Or you could just gift them along on OUR birthday