Augusta members.

I talked to a member last year at Berckman's Place for about 10 minutes. He said he plays the course 5 - 6 times a year and always with guests.

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
19* Callaway Rogue Pro Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Mizuno T20 Blue Ion 54* and 58* w/ Steelfiber 110
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

Ball: ProV1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iknow of two members at ANGC that at least peruse the site and one masters champion who peruses as well

And I can say with 100% certainty that I know of a CPC member that does the same or at least did for quite some time. I don’t think he has ever posted however.

Remember that a lot of the guys that belong to these clubs now are in the tech world. They grew up on the internet and they use it like everyone else.

So there is this member of ANGC by the name of Bill Gates. I hear he know a bit about computers.

I hear Bill Gates prefers Reddit though. :/

This thread makes me laugh!!! I don't think any Augusta member has ever even been on this site let alone joined. Members at the top level clubs tend to be very private so that people don't harass them for invites and ask dumb questions about the place.

How the hell do you know? Members of prestigious clubs are people just like me and you. They like talking golf like me and you. I wouldn't be surprised if perhaps a member has posted on this site. It is a very large community after all.

Your right. I don't know anything about prestigious clubs and I have never met any members from those clubs. I will let you get back to posting with the elite members on here. Post your pictures when you get the Augusta invite from posting in this thread!!!

Good idea to make fun of other people when you don’t know the difference between “your” and “you’re”.

I could see Jeff Knox posting on here.

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

I'm reasonably certain his son is a on here. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if some ANGC members were on here from time to time. I believe two major champions, several other Tour pros and one current MLB star are on here quite often. At least, if you believe their Twitter feeds.

I'm reasonably certain his son is a on here. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if some ANGC members were on here from time to time. I believe two major champions, several other Tour pros and one current MLB star are on here quite often. At least, if you believe their Twitter feeds.

I know a few golfers who are on the extreme end of the wealthy scale. They may not be on this board but they live their lives just like the rest of us. It's just that their toys cost more. They surf the web reading golf info quite often and they love to debate PGA Tour issues.

• 1 month later...

The October to may dates are correct. Members and staff will not give specifics on numbers. Rounds, initiation, members etc... I have played 5 times and I can say that it’s probably busier than you think.

I'm sure if someone on WRX was a member, they would NEVER let it be known.

The course closes about a week or two after the Masters and doesn't reopen until October. The grasses on the course die in the summer and can't handle the southern heat. It makes me wonder how the course always looks pristine on Google satellite view. I'm sure the powers that be have arranged something with the Alphabet company.

Members can play October to March (the course closes to prep for the Masters) and reports are that on any given weekday there are 3-4 members out on the course.

Course closes in May the week before Memorial Day, but the October date for open is correct. Course doesn't close for prep as members have access to play even on the Sunday before practice rounds begin (DCP day). By that point though, they will be playing with the pros and/or their families, other guests and other members. I know Bubba had his wife playing on the Sunday prior a couple years ago with one of the members.

I have only played once but I wouldn't say the course was empty the day I was there. I know several members, one well, the rest socially, and as others have indicated, this is a bucket list membership for them, they have other prominent memberships where they play their "daily" golf. I'm very happy I had the opportunity to play, it's a life long memory and if I never play it again that is fine too. I will say that having played now I have zero desire to go and watch the Masters in person.

Anyone know if the guys who win a Green Jacket actually become full members or is there another category for them? Do they pay like the others?

They’re not considered members, just past Masters Champions.

I believe Jack was granted membership. I'm not 100% sure this is correct, but I thought he is the only one considered a member.

Anyone know if the guys who win a Green Jacket actually become full members or is there another category for them? Do they pay like the others?

I believe Jack was granted membership. I'm not 100% sure this is correct, but I thought he is the only one considered a member.

Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer:

http://www.augusta.com/masters/story/news/2017-04-03/palmer-s-membership-deepened-connection-augusta-national

I worked for two gentlemen who were members.

The Masters was an opportunity to entertain friends, business associates and customers.

Generally, a large home in Augusta was rented for Masters week.

Company executives and business guests stayed there during practice rounds and the first 2 rounds of the tournament. Family and close friends for Sat and Sunday.

Biggest plum was members could take 3 guests out to play the course Mondays after the tournament.

Texsport

Mizuno GT180 10.5*/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 5 X
Tour Edge Exotics CB F2 PRO 15.5* Limited/Speeder 757 EVO 7.1X (Gene Sauers club)
Titleist 915 18*/Fubuki K 80X
Titleist 913 Hybrid 21*/Tour Blue 105X (Matt Jones' club) (OR) TM Burner 4-iron/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
Wilson Staff V4 5 and 6/Aerotech Fibersteel 110 S
MacGregor PRO M 7-PM/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
Edel 50*/KBS 610 S
Scratch JMO Grind Don White 56*/DG X-100
Cobra Trusty Rusty Tour 64*/DG S-200
The Cure CX2 putter

Which is almost membership, as you are invited to the tournament every year, and you get full access to the course if you are playing in the tournament.

Again, though, doubtful they are playing *that* often, as they likely have other things keeping them busy.

Not to mention, while it is certainly a great course, and a great tournament course, would you really want to play a course with greens that are that difficult every day, even if you could?

Yes, Arnie was a member and Jack still is. Both became members long after they won their last respective Masters. Their membership is based on the same criteria of the other members rather than their accomplishment of winning a green jacket, although I’m sure it didn’t hurt their chances. They were not immediately members after they won their first green jacket.

Which is almost membership, as you are invited to the tournament every year, and you get full access to the course if you are playing in the tournament.

Again, though, doubtful they are playing *that* often, as they likely have other things keeping them busy.

Not to mention, while it is certainly a great course, and a great tournament course, would you really want to play a course with greens that are that difficult every day, even if you could?

There’s a huge difference between being a member and a past champion. For example, you’d never see a past champion that is not a member at the annual jamboree, not to mention several other differences. Access is no where close to the same. And the greens aren’t at tournament speed year round according to a friend of mine who has played numerous practice rounds and in the actual tournament.

There’s a huge difference between being a member and a past champion. For example, you’d never see a past champion that is not a member at the annual jamboree, not to mention several other differences. Access is no where close to the same. And the greens aren’t at tournament speed year round according to a friend of mine who has played numerous practice rounds and in the actual tournament.

This is true. The greens were running around 9 or 10 when I played it. Nowhere near the tournament speed.

I have no idea how stuff like this works, so please excuse my stupid questions.

If the members use the course socially to invite guests to, I assume that they rent a house or something in the area? Is there lodging for members/guests on the grounds? If that's the case, these guys/gals all fly in on their privates jets to play a round with a few guests and then head home? (None of those questions are meant to be sarcasm or cynical. I'm curious about how these people live!)

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

If the members use the course socially to invite guests to, I assume that they rent a house or something in the area? Is there lodging for members/guests on the grounds? If that's the case, these guys/gals all fly in on their privates jets to play a round with a few guests and then head home? (None of those questions are meant to be sarcasm or cynical. I'm curious about how these people live!)

There are 10 large cabins on property available for members and guests to stay in as an option. Some will stay off-site, but I would guess that a decent number stay in the cabins. Obviously, during tournament week or during the big club events, there aren't enough and people will stay off property, but on your regular weekend, you would see most, if staying overnight, in a cabin. Although, there are others who just travel in and travel out for the day.

I flew in one day, played the next day and flew home the following day. I stayed in a nearby hotel.

There are 10 large cabins on property available for members and guests to stay in as an option. Some will stay off-site, but I would guess that a decent number stay in the cabins. Obviously, during tournament week or during the big club events, there aren't enough and people will stay off property, but on your regular weekend, you would see most, if staying overnight, in a cabin. Although, there are others who just travel in and travel out for the day.

'

Today there are the 10 cabins. However, per this article, there are also rooms in the clubhouse so there are 105 beds onsite.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/gd0304augustamembership_sirak

During Billy Payne's tenure, it was mentioned this was one of the things he wanted to address. He discussed expanding onsite housing to support more members being able to stay onsite and possibly players during the tourney.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Diamana DF 60X
Titleist TS3 15* w/ Diamana ZF 70X
Titleist 913h 19* w/ Tensei Pro Blue
Titleist T100s 4-P w/ C-Taper Lite X
Titleist Vokey Raw 48, 54, 60 w/ S400
Scotty Cameron Tour Rat