2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

2018 NBA Season

I was really excited the nuggets got porter. Gotta swing big to even have a prayer in the West. No guarantee but glad they are going for it.

Ping G430 Max KaiLi White 60 Stiff (9 degree)
Cobra King RAD 3 Wood Fujikura Motore X F3 Stiff (14.5 degree setting)
Mizuno CLK Hybrid (19 and 22 degree, I swap them out depending on the wind in the parking lot)

Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal Pro 4-5 Irons - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts

Mizuno JPX-921 Forged 6 Iron - G Wedge - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts 
Titleist SM9 54 and 58 
Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 CS (34")

I was really excited the nuggets got porter. Gotta swing big to even have a prayer in the West. No guarantee but glad they are going for it.

Great value at #14 for sure. There was minor buzz he could go as high as 2

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Canadian going #1 next year?

I think RJ Barrett might end up getting Doncic'd... meaning his athleticism will get picked apart a bit.

I haven't followed him as much but I believe he is similar to Doncic. A very crafty player , great passer etc. But not a Uber athlete

Anyway he should go high

FYI his dad is a Canadian basketball legend. Before we had guys do well in the NBA he was the best player on our national team. When guys like wennington or Rick Fox didnt play on the team, he did and was the captain

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Well the Thunder aren't going to win any titles, but probably bought themselves 4 seasons of 50 wins and some playoff revenue.

I like that they kept Jerami Grant. I thought they never clicked last year. I still think a top 6 of Westbrook/Adams/Roberson/George/Grant/Carmelo can win 55 games.

That's probably a second round loss. But whatever. I like watching Russ

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Im surprised he signed for 4 years!

Plus you know, if they get Leonard and boogie, than Durant will probably sign there too

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

One thing is certain. LeQueen can’t add to his finals lost anymore. The modern day wilt.

This is a straight business move as he enter the twilight of his career. He's building a brand instead of contending for championships.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

One thing is certain. LeQueen can’t add to his finals lost anymore. The modern day wilt.

This is a straight business move as he enter the twilight of his career. He's building a brand instead of contending for championships.

How so? He joined the best franchise in sports, with a determined front office, cap space, 4 young asset players, all their draft picks, and a free agent destination. He signed for 3 + 1, how does any other destination have more potential over a 4 year time than LAL?

How so? He joined the best franchise in sports, with a determined front office, cap space, 4 young asset players, all their draft picks, and a free agent destination. He signed for 3 + 1, how does any other destination have more potential over a 4 year time than LAL?

the best franchise in sports? The yankees have something to say about that. He will be 34 starting 2018/2019 season. The clock is ticking. Golden state will be together for 2 more years. You're telling me by the time GSW break up, a 36 years old lebron can carry a team? I don't buy it.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

the best franchise in sports? The yankees have something to say about that. He will be 34 starting 2018/2019 season. The clock is ticking. Golden state will be together for 2 more years. You're telling me by the time GSW break up, a 36 years old lebron can carry a team? I don't buy it.

The Warriors are guaranteed for this year only. At the end of this season, Klay is an FA and Durant has an option.

Lakers may still trade for Kawhi, and even if they don't they have an excellent chance of signing him next year.

KD 1+1 is setting up for a max deal at GSW. That is guaranteed given his age when he options out next year. It's also the same reason why Lebron finally said yes to a 4 year deal. This is his last max deal.

A GSW team without Klay is still the favorite to win it all.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

the 1+1 that KD signed means, he will be elligble for the super max if he opts out next season. If the front office thinks that the warriors can still win championships in the next 3-4 years they will pony up and pay Klay. I don't thnk you understand how deep the pockets are for this ownership group (dot com money and LA entertainment money). If the results stay the same they'll keep paying. They've already said as much

Obviously a lot of work to do. but the Lakers have put themselves in a great position to build a roster that can beat GSW. LeBron has proven over and over that he is far and away the best player on the court during the last 4 finals. The comparison between him and Durant is a big gap. The Lakers have the assets, the momentum, and the market to build a roster that can win a championship. Magic ain't stopping, the Lakers are coming.

When the Lakers sign Bosh Jeff will officially be a Lakers fan.

Oh there's a few guys who they could sign to get me on board! I am the world's biggest Bosh mark though.

I'm interested in seeing what else they do. I wouldn't want Demarcus Cousins, unless it's a 1yr deal. Signing him to 4 years when that could end up a brutal contract wouldn't be good. Kawhi is obviously the target but the Spurs don't have to trade him to the Lakers. And Paul George re-signing in OKC is proof that sometimes you take a chance and a guy stays. So if i was LA i'd be very worried about Boston or Philly making a better offer. They will have to pony up

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

the 1+1 that KD signed means, he will be elligble for the super max if he opts out next season. If the front office thinks that the warriors can still win championships in the next 3-4 years they will pony up and pay Klay. I don't thnk you understand how deep the pockets are for this ownership group (dot com money and LA entertainment money). If the results stay the same they'll keep paying. They've already said as much

I am interested in seeing this aswell. The repeater taxes are downright draconian, i don't have the facts but i'd bet their tax bill alone would be 100-200M if they keep this team together a few more years.

I know the NBA owners are ballers, but no one likes paying that kind of money.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

^^Bingo. They already on record to committing to this team for the next 3-4 years. Draymond wanting a max deal in 20/21 is the only way I see this team breaking up. By then, Lebron is 36/37 years old.

Lakers need to get into the kawhi sweepstakes NOW if they want to try to dent the juggernaut. Waiting for another year means lebron is another year older.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

When the Lakers sign Bosh Jeff will officially be a Lakers fan.

Oh there's a few guys who they could sign to get me on board! I am the world's biggest Bosh mark though.

I'm interested in seeing what else they do. I wouldn't want Demarcus Cousins, unless it's a 1yr deal. Signing him to 4 years when that could end up a brutal contract wouldn't be good. Kawhi is obviously the target but the Spurs don't have to trade him to the Lakers. And Paul George re-signing in OKC is proof that sometimes you take a chance and a guy stays. So if i was LA i'd be very worried about Boston or Philly making a better offer. They will have to pony up

From what I have read a Boogie offer would be 1+1. I am not sold on Boogie, he is a great stat guy but he also checks out when he does not get a foul and rarely plays D. The only concern about Kawhi is the leg, he was arguably the second best player in the NBA before he got hurt. If you have any confidence he is healthy then the Lakers have to make the deal. It sounds like Kawhi is adamant about joining the Lakers. No way Ainge is willing to pony up with that risk, I could see Philly doing it but the Lakers can top any offer that does not include Embiid or Simmons. I think at this point it's all just lobbying for position and negotiations with the Spurs. Rob Pelinka must know a thing or two about negotiations, he got the Koby deal!

I literally laughed out loud to the "best franchise in sports" comment. 2nd dumbest post on this thread. See scratchgolfers post on next page.

One thing is certain. LeQueen can't add to his finals lost anymore. The modern day wilt.

I literally laughed out loud to the "best franchise in sports" comment. So dumb.

Lots of championships, lots of stars, not too many awful seasons, no crooked or racist owners, no cheaters.... I'd say they're on the short list, along with the Cards, Steelers, Spurs, and Red Wings.

Your bio says you are in Arizona. What would you know about well-run franchises, anyway? ;)