G400 Max...Holy Cow!!!

drumdude96

wondering what shaft and flex you guys play in this? Ive heard their stock shaft is pretty decent. Depending on the brand I bounce back and forth from a stiff to and extra stiff, around a 108mph swing speed.

give the tour 65 stiff a chance. I get up that high on my fastest and was still performing beautifully.

x2. I've tried the Alta S flex, and the tour S flex, and feel like the tour is just a little stiffer than the Alta. Both shafts feel good with this head though. I'm playing the Tour S. Swing speed is 107-109.

Nice to know "the indian" has been taken out of the equation. From what I'm reading in this thread, it's all about "the arrow".

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

Annnd.. Officially on the hunt for a 10.5*

Me too. Just dumped my Epic. Looking to give the G400Max a try but unsure on the shaft. I’ve had decent results with the NV2KXV orange

Driver: Stealth Plus 10.5* Ventus Red
Fairway: Ping G400 17* Tour AD-DI
Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21* Tour AD-DI
Driving Iron: New Level NLU-01 4 and 5 iron Steelfiber i95
Irons: New Level 623 CB Aerotech Steelfiber i80
Wedges: Fourteen RM-4 50*, 56* and 61*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
Ball: Vice Pro Plus

I just picked up my new G400 Max driver after an excruciating 12 day wait and boy was it worth it! This thing is the most forgiving club I've ever had in my hands. Due to not having long enough tees, I didn't catch a single ball in the dead center of the face, but they still took off like rockets. I made a couple of very stinky swings that I was sure would go nowhere, and the ball still took off like I almost hit it in the screws. Good gravy, this club is sooooo good!!!!! I ordered mine in 10.5° with stock Alta stiff at 44.75" D3 swingweight. Brought it home and checked it and everything is dead nuts perfect. Nice job PING! But I don't know how they are gonna top this one! I'm just not sure how a better club could even be made. I'm going to pick up some longer tees so that I can catch the ball higher on the face and who knows how far the ball is gonna fly?! And the sound and feel are fantastic, as well. The G400 Max is not just a home run, it's a grand slam! (Can you guys tell I'm excited? LOL)

Glad you like the driver. Just curious how many headcovers do you have in your bag?!

TM M4 8.5 Atmos Red

TM Original One Mini 13.5 Diamana F

TM Sim TI 5 wood Diamana F

Sub 70 TAIII 4&5 KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 649 6-P KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 286 50,54 KBS $-Taper Lite

Edel D-Grind 58 KBS Tour Rev 2.0

LAB Directed Force 2.1 73* 

I can't do it. No matter how good it is. Dragonflies and titulators. I walk by it in the store and I just throw up a little in my mouth. So nasty.

Who cares what looks like if it performs and sounds like it flat out does.

Jagpilotohio

LOL! Yes. Exactly. Me.

I believe actually liking the look, shape, and sound of a club that you use 13 or 14 times a round is pretty darn important.

And yes....beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I just behold The Hunchback Of Notre Dame when I see that thing.

You guys whining about the turbulators and dragon fly wing pattern..... lol.

Youʻre looking at the top for a second or two before you hit the highest, straightest and probably longest tee shot youʻve ever hit.

Buy one, put a wrap on it and go find your ball, itʻs in the fairway, ya- way down there.

IKYN, i hit one low and off the heel yesterday and had no idea where it went, couldnʻt pick up the flight of it. Found it about 230 out left edge of the fairway. And thatʻs just the G400, going to go buy a Max and pick another 4-5 yds.

Has anyone moved from the G to the G400 Max? I interested in any feedback. Worth the change?

I grabbed a G head before I bought a MAX. I was hoping to save the money and get the performance... IMO, there is no comparison, for me. The MAX is better in every way. I hated the Dragonfly tech when it first came out, laughed at it and thought it was ugly. Now, I don't see it as anything but an alignment aid and it has helped in that manner.

The G head sounded and felt worse to me. Not to say it won't perform in the right hands, but the MAX is just better in every way for me.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

I just picked up my new G400 Max driver after an excruciating 12 day wait and boy was it worth it! This thing is the most forgiving club I've ever had in my hands. Due to not having long enough tees, I didn't catch a single ball in the dead center of the face, but they still took off like rockets. I made a couple of very stinky swings that I was sure would go nowhere, and the ball still took off like I almost hit it in the screws. Good gravy, this club is sooooo good!!!!! I ordered mine in 10.5° with stock Alta stiff at 44.75" D3 swingweight. Brought it home and checked it and everything is dead nuts perfect. Nice job PING! But I don't know how they are gonna top this one! I'm just not sure how a better club could even be made. I'm going to pick up some longer tees so that I can catch the ball higher on the face and who knows how far the ball is gonna fly?! And the sound and feel are fantastic, as well. The G400 Max is not just a home run, it's a grand slam! (Can you guys tell I'm excited? LOL)

Glad you like the driver. Just curious how many headcovers do you have in your bag?!

Six headcovers! I'm currently carrying four G25 hybrids. They're just too easy to hit. I can hit pretty much any golf clubs reasonably well, but this year I've chosen to play clubs that make the game as easy as possible. The driver has been the weakest link in that philosophy, until now. I'm telling you, I hit one very low on the heel yesterday that should have been a top, but somehow it went at least 240 into a stiff breeze and found the right-center of the fairway. I was totally flabbergasted. I have a tour-issue Rogue silver 125 MSI I'm going to try in it, but the stock shaft is pretty good anyway.

PING G400 Max 10.5° GD YS Nano Reloaded 6X                                            

TaylorMade SIM2 Max 16.5° 3HL Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'Li 70 X                                                       

Callaway V-Series 19° 5 wood Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'Li 80 S                                                         

PING G410 22°, 26° & 30° Hybrids KBS Steel Hybrid Shaft X                                               

Adams A4 Forged 7-PW Dynamic Gold AMT X100 D4                                                                        

Cleveland CBX 50°, 55° Dynamic Gold S400

Cleveland CBX Full Face 60° Dynamic Gold Tour Spinner

Odyssey 2-Ball Blade w/Triple Trac

Vice Pro Plus Lime

I had a G400 LST...... Sold it and bought a Max......Liked the LST better so sold the Max and got another LST.........I did have a one day love afare with the Max, but it didn't last for me........Who knows, with the right shaft I could give it another go. On a side note, I always find it interesting to look at these threads from the past and look at what clubs posters are playing a couple months after they declare this or that the best that has ever been.....No magic bullet, but in my opinion, Ping makes as good a driver as anyone.

I had a G400 LST...... Sold it and bought a Max......Liked the LST better so sold the Max and got another LST.........I did have a one day love afare with the Max, but it didn't last for me........Who knows, with the right shaft I could give it another go. On a side note, I always find it interesting to look at these threads from the past and look at what clubs posters are playing a couple months after they declare this or that the best that has ever been.....No magic bullet, but in my opinion, Ping makes as good a driver as anyone.

I’m following your trend. Just picked up a G400 Max - thought the additional forgiveness would be perfect. After some fairly extensive testing I will be moving back to the G400 LST. For me - there was a fairly significant difference in spin and distance between the two heads. It’s actually amazing how forgiving the G400 LST is for what it produces. G400 Max LST please!!

I have a MAX @10.5 turned down to 9.5 with a aldila copperhead 70 TX tipped 1”.. ss 114 with neutral AOA and this driver is the straightest and farthest driver I’ve hit.. mid ball flight with incredible low spin 1900rm. Great rollout on morning dew covered fairways on offcentered hits still carries 85% (285)of my distance.. now that shaft woah one of the tightest and consistent shafts I’ve ever hit a perfect match for the g400max and don’t confuse it for the stock ping copperhead/xtorsion the 70TX is a total different animal anyone with a 108-125 swingspeed will fall in love with this combo. 1900-2200 rpm of spin with a -1-+1 AOA speaks on its performance as point and shoot as a driver can be.

I would really like to try this driver, however i can't stand the way it looks. WAY to busy on the top. There is no need for half that crap. Just make a nice looking driver for a change. Dragon fly, dimples... wth is all that. Not needed and reminds me of a toy. I am sure it performs, just wish they didn't have all that on the crown.

If it actually was as forgiving, long and straight as everybody claims, I would play it even if it had a hi-res color photograph of The Donald on the crown.

And your winning would continue!

I've yet to hit it because I'm content with my G400 LST performance on the course. Regardless how they look or sound, I love Ping's woods. They just perform!

I would really like to try this driver, however i can't stand the way it looks. WAY to busy on the top. There is no need for half that crap. Just make a nice looking driver for a change. Dragon fly, dimples... wth is all that. Not needed and reminds me of a toy. I am sure it performs, just wish they didn't have all that on the crown.

If it actually was as forgiving, long and straight as everybody claims, I would play it even if it had a hi-res color photograph of The Donald on the crown.

And your winning would continue!

I've yet to hit it because I'm content with my G400 LST performance on the course. Regardless how they look or sound, I love Ping's woods. They just perform!

I saw the AD TP shaft in your signature. I am currently hitting the AD MJ but thinking about TP in the G400 max. Could you give any impressions on the shaft in the ping head? Thanks

I saw the AD TP shaft in your signature. I am currently hitting the AD MJ but thinking about TP in the G400 max. Could you give any impressions on the shaft in the ping head? Thanks

It's awesome! A penetrating mid flight with a nice roll out. If you're a higher spin player off the tee and want a mid-high flight you'll love it. You can find them for a decent price on the Bay.

It's awesome! A penetrating mid flight with a nice roll out. If you're a higher spin player off the tee and want a mid-high flight you'll love it. You can find them for a decent price on the Bay.

That's exactly what I am looking for. Hitting the G400 max good but would like to knock spin down.

I own the G400 and really like it a lot. Are you guys noting and hook tendency with the Max?

With the Max, no. With the regular G400 I for sure had a hook issue. Even with the same exact shaft.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"