Extremely Sketchy Recoil Prototype Listing on EBay. Likely fake.

Jagpilotohio

The only real way to verify is with two new, uncut, identical spec shafts (ideally a set), see where they frequency in relation to each other. If they are within a few cpm, maybe they are legit. Unless you are dealing with two uncut shafts, it might be difficult to tell due to all the other variables. Weight will also be a way to check.

The logic here definitely doesn't make sense. If these were 3yrs old and they were just dumping stock for new models, I'd say it'd make more sense. If it was one or two sets, ok...I'll buy it. The huge supply that he has really makes me wonder though.

Maybe he has a friend at the mfg plant and sends him boxes that fell off the truck. Maybe they are shafts that were out of spec for their SPX program. At this point, who knows.

These are valid ideas and all could in theory be correct.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are what I received when ordering proto’s off ebay. I have no clue if these are what you will get, nor if they are real or fake. I am leaning towards the latter which is why they are not in irons yet. I am way outside my paypal claim window, so hopefully you guys will prove me wrong. I have no way of comparing them to real, so the poster above will solve that for you guys.

I can get more/different pictures if need be. Also if anyone is close to Syracuse NY, i will come show you them in person.

All of those shafts have serial numbers let's check suckers out! As Jag has stated I could be wrong as well no doubt. Are they from this seller specifically? Thanks for posting those...BB

He has answered every single one of my questions including today and that's after I cancelled my order. Maybe it's your approach Jag...

Any good scam artist would tell you exactly what you want to hear.

Did he tell you exactly how he came to have dozens and dozens of sets and can offer them at half of wholesale? Any reputable seller would.

Did he say that he is a UST tourspx dealer and UST will verify it and vouch for him? Any reputable seller would.

He wouldn’t answer anything for me and believe me, I came at him VERY softly initially. Just poking around gently. He figured out that I knew too much about equipment and clamed up. He Gave me absolutely no worthwhile info. Completely unsettling.

Found this seller earlier today and now just discovered this thread. It does seem fishy, but $50 isn't a whole lot and I'll know pretty quickly whether it's real or fake. If it turns out to be fake then I'll contact ebay and see if they can get my money back, but worst comes to worst I'll lose $50 and we'll all know to stay away. At that price it's worth a try.

Do you have legit shafts from SPX dealers to compare to? How do you plan on comparing?

I work in golf and have a real version to compare to. Also I just sent $40 to him for a shaft this morning and learned a couple things. Paypal gave me his name, so I did some googleing and it appears that he is the President and Co-Chief Executive Officer of Golf Etc which is a TourSPX dealer. Take everything with a grain of salt I know, but according to paypal his account is verified which would mean he would have to sent paypal a picture of his ID. After learning all of this it appears he is selling real shafts. Maybe one of his stores closed down and he is trying to liquidate inventory quick. We'll know for sure when the shaft arrives.

Is Jeremy Glanzer the seller? If it's Golf Etc then maybe he does have access to large quantities due to Golf Etc being a franchise business. Maybe he buys in very large quantity and sells at cost or slightly below when he needs to? Just thinking out loud here...

The photos posted look very authentic! I have about 15 UST Recoil Proto 95 and 110 F5 shafts and they would certainly fool me if fake.

I obtained mine direct from UST fitting center in Fort Worth so I know mine are authentic.

I cut and installed the shafts and know what the butts and tips look like......but those Chinese are very good at what they do.

Maybe he is getting them from the manufacturer site in Bangladesh?

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Found this seller earlier today and now just discovered this thread. It does seem fishy, but $50 isn't a whole lot and I'll know pretty quickly whether it's real or fake. If it turns out to be fake then I'll contact ebay and see if they can get my money back, but worst comes to worst I'll lose $50 and we'll all know to stay away. At that price it's worth a try.

Do you have legit shafts from SPX dealers to compare to? How do you plan on comparing?

I work in golf and have a real version to compare to. Also I just sent $40 to him for a shaft this morning and learned a couple things. Paypal gave me his name, so I did some googleing and it appears that he is the President and Co-Chief Executive Officer of Golf Etc which is a TourSPX dealer. Take everything with a grain of salt I know, but according to paypal his account is verified which would mean he would have to sent paypal a picture of his ID. After learning all of this it appears he is selling real shafts. Maybe one of his stores closed down and he is trying to liquidate inventory quick. We'll know for sure when the shaft arrives.

Is Jeremy Glanzer the seller? If it's Golf Etc then maybe he does have access to large quantities due to Golf Etc being a franchise business. Maybe he buys in very large quantity and sells at cost or slightly below when he needs to? Just thinking out loud here...

Yes this is the name I received from PayPal during my refund. BB

Yes this is the name I received from PayPal during my refund. BB

I worked for a franchise in a different business back in college and we ordered our supplies from the franchisor, which was nationwide. The price of supplies and product was lower than wholesale directly from the manufacturers themselves so if Golf Etc Headquarters is buying large quantities of UST Mayima product for resale to their franchisees then maybe they are just blowing them out periodically to meet minimum order amounts to maintain a certain price point from UST or to raise cash...I mean, if the CEO of a golf fitting/equipment franchise company is knowingly selling fake product, he'd be out of business pretty quick.

Dear Lord...this thread is still going?

So...we've seen zero evidence that these shafts are fact. None...zero...nada.

Coupled with a few folks that are dead set that these shafts are fake.

Well...because...they HAVE to be fake.

The owner of Golf Etc. is the seller of these shafts...and there's no way...no how that he might just he selling real deal shafts at a lower price than normal. As if this exact scenario doesn't regularly happen in the golf industry.

But...yeah...they've just GOT to be fakes...becasue that's the ONLY scenario that can be playing out here.

Impossible to be otherwise.

I bought another set, heck with it. Worst case scenario I'm out $185 bucks. I'm personally in my comfort zone believing these are to legit to quit! I will say this, I'm as honest say they come so if I indeed verify these serial numbers bogus I will out this cat promptly. I point blank told him I would, I warned him to decline my offer. Let the games begin!!!

I have 2sets 125 f5s in miura baby blades and a set of pxg 311. I just put these f4 125 in a set of pxg gen 2. I bought the f4s from the guy in question. The only difference I can see is no laser.etched serial number on the f4s. They play fine and I have lowered my handicap since playing these clubs. I reshafted the gen 2s because I had them built with nippon modus 105x and did not like them. I had the nippons pulled and the proto f4s installed. I am a 6 handicap for what its worth.

By the way I thought I had read or seen that the recoils were getting different graphics or paint scheme. I suppose it is possible if they have changed the look that they quietly fire saled the old graphic shafts. Just a guess

I'm a UST TSPX authorized dealer, get email updates for sales and unaware of any such scenario.

By the way I thought I had read or seen that the recoils were getting different graphics or paint scheme. I suppose it is possible if they have changed the look that they quietly fire saled the old graphic shafts. Just a guess

Yes, the recoil and protos are offered in matte black with custom colored labels.

Check their web site.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

That may not be a valid reason. Just a guess on my part. I looked it up on their website and it appears that is for custom only.

Yes, custom order, but available since early 2018.

I bought another set, heck with it. Worst case scenario I'm out $185 bucks. I'm personally in my comfort zone believing these are to legit to quit! I will say this, I'm as honest say they come so if I indeed verify these serial numbers bogus I will out this cat promptly. I point blank told him I would, I warned him to decline my offer. Let the games begin!!!

Any chance you have (or know somewhere that has) a frequency analyzer that could give an idea of what the CPM at for specific shafts? We could at least get an idea of consistency throughout the set. Weight would be good to measure too.

Everything will be analyzed before we build my irons and I will report back. I would assume anything TSPX should be in theory very consistent.

I’ll attempt to get weight tomorrow on my set.

I purchased mine about 4 years ago and each shaft has a s/n that can be looked up on the ust website or related site...dont recall now. But I looked up mine and recall weights were very close...tenths of a gram diff.

Do yours have s/n?

Read through this thread and have come away with this: “higher up” of a “large scale” account is selling shafts for less than wholesale. I believe the word is gray market. Most likely, 100% real but not obtained through proper channels. What is this concept so difficult to understand? This is a very common occurrence.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

I think it's inventory this guy accumulated in a central warehouse for all of the retail sites that didn't move OR he got a sweatheart deal to buy in bulk with a wink and nod to overlook selling restrictions. Or he purchased bulk then his relationship with UST faltered and he doesn't give a hoot about dumping this inventory. Maybe he's friends with the UST team and they trust him to do this discreetly. Who knows but it's something along these lines I'm sure. When Adams was acquired by TM they dumped the next iron release through low rent on-line retailers for peanuts. The irons where shafted with KBS Tours and gripped with Iomics and sold for $200 bucks towards the end. There was another dump I noticed not that long ago and the irons where shafted with Fujikura MCI 100 stiff and x-flex for under $500 bucks. I still see these Fujikura pulls listed on EBay to this day. Again, no way it made financial sense less a business decision to liquidate inventory. What if the Court is involved in a forced liquidation? Could be anything.

Agreed. That is why I don’t get how the OP is charging around on his white horse with no actual proof of “foul play”?

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

This is what you can get on your UST TourSPX shaft with its individual serial number......one of mine from years ago!

Now you can see the reason for the higher price of these shafts with this individual testing.

"Each TSPX CERTIFIED shaft is qualified after thorough testing and must meet or exceed demanding test criteria. After measuring and recording each of the data points, our technicians prepare your TSPX shaft and ship with the utmost care out of our HQ in Fort Worth, TX."

Just FYI - I purchased a set of shafts from him last week before I saw this post. I purchased on Wednesday and Saturday rolled around with no shipping notification and I messaged him. He said he was out of town and will ship them early next week. I thought ok... that’s a little strange he didn’t contact me at all before this but whatever. Then if you look at the latest negative feedback on his eBay account it shows someone complaining that he didn’t ship within EBay’s shipping time frame rules. My thought is that this guy is getting them from China and has to wait for them to be shipped to him until he can ship to his eBay customers. I asked for me money to be refunded and I received no response until PayPal stepped in. My advice is to stay away