What golf trips do you have coming up?

Playing Gleneagles PGA in September. Will be the first time playing a really big name course. Looking forward to the experience of going.

WITB

Taylormade M2 driver 9.5 Fujikura Pro 60 stiff shaft
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood Fubuki Z-65 x5ct stiff shaft
Taylormade burner rescue 17 degree stiff shaft
Cobra Fly-Z Plus 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour Wedges 50, 54, 58, Dynamic Gold
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #1
Handicap 15.5

Home club https://www.stboswellsgolfclub.co.uk

Milwaukee

Reno/Tahoe

Cancun

Scotland hopefully June 2019

Feel free to hit me up if you need any info on the Tahoe area. I'm in Kings Beach on the north lake and have played most of the courses in the area

Thanks. I’m considering playing grizzly ranch and/or coyote moon. Your thoughts?

Just finished yas links in Abu Dhabi 2 weeks ago.

Today finished Scotland trip which was:

Old course x2

New course

Kingsbarns

North Berwick

Nice

Definitely both really good courses. Coyote moon tends to get pretty backed up in the peak summer (july4-labor day) so try to get out as early as you can. Another option if your driving up to plumas county is to play grizzly and Whitehawk ranch in the same day. I prefer Whitehawk but not really for any particular reason since they are both fun tracks. If your looking for a twilight round one of the days Northstar is good bang for your buck, or old brockway 9 is a fun old school course.

leaving for Scotland on Saturday.... Old course, Jubilee, Muirfield, North Berwick twice, Glen Eagles, Kings Barns and Archerfield.....beyond excited!

Enjoy, North Berwick is my favorite course. A challenge but real fun to play.

WITB

Taylormade M2 driver 9.5 Fujikura Pro 60 stiff shaft
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood Fubuki Z-65 x5ct stiff shaft
Taylormade burner rescue 17 degree stiff shaft
Cobra Fly-Z Plus 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour Wedges 50, 54, 58, Dynamic Gold
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #1
Handicap 15.5

Home club https://www.stboswellsgolfclub.co.uk

Going to San Diego in September with the family. Not a golf trip but the clubs are coming along. Staying in Oceanside and not that big on Torrey so will probably play Crossings at Carlsbad or La Costa if an old contact there comes through. Also going to get in a round at Coronado while my wife and son do some touristy things on the “island”.

Doesn’t sound like much but that would double my rounds played in 2018.

The snow in the UK has really messed with the itenerary on my trip.

Was supposed to play

Huntercombe/St Georges Hill day 1

Machrihanish/Machrihanish Dunes/Dunaverty day 2

Dornich/Brora day 3

Dornoch day 4

Isle of Harris day 5

Askernish day 6

Almost all of those courses ended up covered in snow so instead its been

Royal North Devon 36 days 1/2

Prestwick 36 day 3

Machrihanish/Machrihanish Dunes/Dunaverty day 4

Muirfield 36/Gullane day 5

Cruden Bay 54 day 6

54 holes in one day? sounds like golf heaven :-) .

Love the Hagen photo!

Just returned last night from Scotland, played:

Dundonald

Prestwick

Western Gailes (36)

Glasgow Gailes

North Berwick

Gullane 2 and 3

The Glen

Musselburgh Old (with hickory clubs)

Dunbar

Now I'll be waiting for my annual Thanksgiving week in Pinehurst.

Great trip again :-)

How did you like playing the Hickory's at Musselburgh ?Sounds awesome!!

Very nice that you visited / played Gullane just before the arrival of the Scottish open!!

How was the overal atmosphere over there ?

The snow in the UK has really messed with the itenerary on my trip.

Was supposed to play

Huntercombe/St Georges Hill day 1

Machrihanish/Machrihanish Dunes/Dunaverty day 2

Dornich/Brora day 3

Dornoch day 4

Isle of Harris day 5

Askernish day 6

Almost all of those courses ended up covered in snow so instead its been

Royal North Devon 36 days 1/2

Prestwick 36 day 3

Machrihanish/Machrihanish Dunes/Dunaverty day 4

Muirfield 36/Gullane day 5

Cruden Bay 54 day 6

54 holes in one day? sounds like golf heaven :-) .

Love the Hagen photo!

Thank you Sir :-) I like your's as well very very much !!

I tried to use my own Swillican Bridge picture, but I can get it fitted/ always error to big ..

Countdown for Augusta!!!

Just returned last night from Scotland, played:

Dundonald

Prestwick

Western Gailes (36)

Glasgow Gailes

North Berwick

Gullane 2 and 3

The Glen

Musselburgh Old (with hickory clubs)

Dunbar

Now I'll be waiting for my annual Thanksgiving week in Pinehurst.

Great trip again :-)

How did you like playing the Hickory's at Musselburgh ?Sounds awesome!!

Very nice that you visited / played Gullane just before the arrival of the Scottish open!!

How was the overal atmosphere over there ?

It was fun at Musselburgh, trying clubs that were completely different from what we play now. It was also nice to play without really caring a lot, a nice break from our semi-serious competition. We're good friends, always trying to bash each other's brains in.

At Gullane they were erecting grandstands and tents for the competition, but course #1 was in play. Other than the set-up, things were pretty quiet in town. We had course #3 completely to ourselves in our afternoon round, and didn't really have a lot of company for our morning round on #2.

My official line up next week

wednesday - moraine and NCR south

Thursday - Muirfield Village and Scioto

Friday - Brookside and Canterbury

Saturday - This is where I was hoping to get onto Inverness but it looks like I'll have to come back next time.

if anyone wants to play saturday morning with me around columbus shoot me a PM/email. I might be playing scioto with a member saturday morning so there is availability for one extra and we would get accompanied rate. If that doesn't work out, there's always the scarlet course or the virtues. =P

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Getting pretty excited for our July trip.

Playing with my best friend Pebble Beach on July 23rd and Spyglass on July 24th. Hopefully that close to the US Amateur Pebble will be in SUPER shape. Honestly I am pretty consumed with this one :-)

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

Heading to Scotland on August 2nd, messing around in Edinburgh for a couple days, then up to the highlands for a few days, and back down to St Andrews area to finish. The golf itinerary is:

Sunday 5th: Royal Dornoch GC

Monday 6th: Castle Stuart GC

Tuesday 7th: Nairn GC

Wednesday 8th: drive south and whisky day in Aberlour

Thursday 9th: Old Course lottery (kingsbarns backup tee time)

Friday 10th: Carnoustie

Saturday 11th: Kingsbarns

Sunday 12th: head home

Really pumped for this one. It's my second time going to Scotland, so hoping to apply some of the learning from the first trip back in 2013. I'll be especially interested to see what condition Carnoustie is left in... fingers crossed for brutal open-esque, and grand stands still up. Not because I'm some sort of masochist per say, but more because I don't think I'll have the chance to play an Open course so soon after the main event ever again.

Headed back to Pinehurst in late July. Going to play 6, 7, and 9 along with a couple of replays. I have only played 2 and 8 so I am PUMPED!!

#2 just got added into our itinerary. I'll get to play this course twice in a 4 month span!

Welp, sadly we are probably not playing #2 this weekend (unless there's a glorious surprise!). But we're all set to play 6, 7, 8, 9, and Pine Needles. Up in the air on playing Mid Pines or choosing another spot for the 6th round. Heard conditions at MP are a bit spotty with bad tee boxes and bare fairways, but we'll see. I absolutely love it down there! Leaving Friday, coming home Monday night.

I was on a non-golf trip last week, spending 6 days traveling by train from Montreal to Vancouver to Seattle. Great time, and wonderful scenery, but now it's time for some golf. I'll be flying to Seattle in 3 weeks, and teeing it up around the Puget Sound area. I haven't booked rounds yet, but the tentative agenda includes 9 rounds in 6 days, including rounds at Chambers Bay, and Salish Cliffs.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Headed back to Pinehurst in late July. Going to play 6, 7, and 9 along with a couple of replays. I have only played 2 and 8 so I am PUMPED!!

#2 just got added into our itinerary. I'll get to play this course twice in a 4 month span!

Welp, sadly we are probably not playing #2 this weekend (unless there's a glorious surprise!). But we're all set to play 6, 7, 8, 9, and Pine Needles. Up in the air on playing Mid Pines or choosing another spot for the 6th round. Heard conditions at MP are a bit spotty with bad tee boxes and bare fairways, but we'll see. I absolutely love it down there! Leaving Friday, coming home Monday night.

I sooo enjoyed mid-Pines! How did you like the course?

We didn't end up playing MP. We doubled up on Pine Needles. Hard to turn down a $60 replay on that course. I absolutely love it there. I still need to get to Mid-Pines though!

We didn't end up playing MP. We doubled up on Pine Needles. Hard to turn down a $60 replay on that course. I absolutely love it there. I still need to get to Mid-Pines though!

Glad you had fun, I'd have done the same in your shoes, even though I like MidPines a little better. Its still a couple of months before my Thanksgiving trip to Southern Pines. I own a condo at Talamore where we'll stay. Luckily, my wife loves to play golf, so we'll be on the course pretty much every day for the whole week. Not sure where we'll play, we can figure that out day by day.

Glad you had fun, I'd have done the same in your shoes, even though I like MidPines a little better. Its still a couple of months before my Thanksgiving trip to Southern Pines. I own a condo at Talamore where we'll stay. Luckily, my wife loves to play golf, so we'll be on the course pretty much every day for the whole week. Not sure where we'll play, we can figure that out day by day.

That'll be fun to look forward to! Do you have a rotation of courses you play when you're down there, or do you both mix it up?

My friend's dad is a member down at PH, so we were able to stay with him and get the member's guest rate on the PH courses. There was about 3 inches of rain on Saturday night which made playing #6 and #8 CPO. We'd have walked less if we got caddies! Ha! The greens were still super fast even with all of the rain.

That'll be fun to look forward to! Do you have a rotation of courses you play when you're down there, or do you both mix it up?

My friend's dad is a member down at PH, so we were able to stay with him and get the member's guest rate on the PH courses. There was about 3 inches of rain on Saturday night which made playing #6 and #8 CPO. We'd have walked less if we got caddies! Ha! The greens were still super fast even with all of the rain.

In association with owning our condo at Talamore, we're members at Talamore and Mid South, so we always play those at least once, often twice. IMO, MidSouth is one of the better courses in the area, especially after the green reconstruction. We can book our "outside" golf through the Talamore Resort at the package rate, so we can usually save a couple of bucks off the rack rate no matter where we play. We usually try to fit in Mid Pines. We also have friends who are members at Pinehurst, so we almost always play at least one of those courses at the guest rate. We like Tobacco Road and Dormie Club. I enjoy playing at Southern Pines, it'll be interesting to see if the new management is raising the maintenance level.. Sometimes we'll play some of the "lesser" courses, and usually have a good time, but we're pretty spoiled now.

One great thing about going there regularly, we know a bunch of really good restaurants, many of which aren't frequented by golf tourists. One of the best bartenders in town works the members' bar at MidSouth, and he's always good for a few stories.

1) Just got back from Scotland

2) Reynolds Plantation in September

3) Trying to figure out Spring-Summer trip for next year. Finalists are Pinehurst area, Streaming/Tampa Combo. Anybody have any information about Hot Springs Village courses? A buddy of mine wants to play it, but I have found so little information about the courses on this site and in general...

I was on a non-golf trip last week, spending 6 days traveling by train from Montreal to Vancouver to Seattle. Great time, and wonderful scenery, but now it's time for some golf. I'll be flying to Seattle in 3 weeks, and teeing it up around the Puget Sound area. I haven't booked rounds yet, but the tentative agenda includes 9 rounds in 6 days, including rounds at Chambers Bay, and Salish Cliffs.

Just found out I'll be in Seattle from August 11-15 for a birthday trip (GF planned everything and just now revealed the destination). Got five rounds set up: two at Chambers Bay, two at Gold Mountain, and one at the Home Course. Looks like the "Championship Experience" is a pretty great deal and includes rounds at all three. https://www.chambersbaygolf.com/championship-experience/. Chambers Bay looks just stunning.