Reviews of motocaddy and powakaddy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the MGI Zip Navigator. I have used once. played 33 holes. plenty of charge left. I can't say enough great things about it. It is incredible. well built, whisper quiet.

I am busy and can elaborate later.

One thing I do need to mention is the remote. I was going to go non remote initially because I didn't think I needed it. However I didn't want to regret not getting it. The remote is an absolute for me! It is incredible how easy it is to operate from a good distance. The buggy is so easy to maneuver.

i have a couple tee box that is on a 45 degrees angle and as long as i'm holding the bar it won't tip.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I just got the MGI Zip Navigator. I have used once. played 33 holes. plenty of charge left. I can't say enough great things about it. It is incredible. well built, whisper quiet.

Great. I looks like a nice machine and should fold up small enough for my trunk. I'm anxious to hear more before I jump in myself. I assume MGIs are pretty reliable given that Bag Boy uses them for their carts.

One thing I do need to mention is the remote. I was going to go non remote initially because I didn't think I needed it. However I didn't want to regret not getting it. The remote is an absolute for me! It is incredible how easy it is to operate from a good distance. The buggy is so easy to maneuver.

Some of the negativity regarding disasters with the remote had me starting to doubt whether I really wanted it, especially given the steep price the unit adds. This afternoon I played our executive course with my 15-year-old Lectronic Kaddy and purposely left the remote at home. It still was pretty enjoyable even thought the EK is pretty much a tank when it comes to steering it. Had to walk a little more than if I remotely steered it around the green or went to look for someone's ball, but it still was easier than pushing my Clicart... that is until my battery started to die early on the back nine. By helping it up the hills (rather than the other way round) I completed the round. Come to think of it, most of the anti-remote comments seem to come from observers, not owners of the carts, so maybe the remote owners don't have a problem.

Looking forward to hearing more about the Zip Navigator.

My manual electric trolley has never wandered off on its own, down a hill, to tip over and dump a golf bag and its contents into a ditch. But I have seen that happen to the remote trolley of a guy in my foursome.

My manual trolley has never careened forward out of control and slammed into someone’s legs from behind, hard enough to make them fall onto the knees. But that has happened to me, hit by another golfer’s trolley whose remote crapped out (surprising him so badly, apparently, he could not yell Fore). No real harm done but it left a nasty bruise.

So I am a “non owner” of remote control powered gadgets grossing 50+ pounds and intend to remain so.

I have a Hill Billy USA with a lithium battery. This is the 4th season. There is no brake but I turn off the motor going down hills. Going up hills, and there are several steep ones, I just guide it but it requires no effort. If you have a side hill lie the cart is can be placed sideways with motor off. I never missed a brake. I didn’t want one with a remote. This one has a button you press to go 10 20 or 30 feet. That’s good enough to send it off to the next hole. About 5 people at my course have them. Fits in the trunk of my car as well as my golf bag no problem. What I don’t like is that you choose either an umbrella holder or score card thing. I chose umbrella holder and keep score card in pocket. Carrying my bag got to be too much. Plus with the motorized cart I can being spare clothes, which I couldn’t carrying.

I was a remote owner where the trolly wasn’t responsive to the controller and left it dunking in the pond.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

The only downside to the remote that I have found is I no longer have my umbrella over me as I push my cart. I have the cart way out in front. I guess I will have to carry my umbrella. Other than that getting the remote is a game changer for me. I am able to take shortcuts on trails while I guide the buggy (still in sight) simply up the cart path. The Navigator is streamlined and top notch. Every dealer I talked to on the phone mentioned the quality is considerably above the powacaddy and the motocaddy. The battery system is by far much better. Not just stick a battery on a base. It is synched in perfectly. I think this is one of those "you get what you pay for" items. Also there are a lot more expensive ways to go than the Navigator.

Also MGI makes buggies for Bag Boy. MGI has been around since 1993. Makes me less concerned with parts and maintenance.

The powakaddy battery is actually the perfect fit IMHO. I saw the MGI battery set up and argues the powakaddy is even more stupid proof. With that said, I believe the remote version has an extra motor and makes it a touch heavier to carry. I had a remote version of the bat caddy and don't believe it's worth the extra 500-600 surcharge.

I also don't see why you need your cart to go 20-40 yards in front of you. You guys are still going to the same spot after you hit.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I send it to the next tee box a lot after I grab putter. As I mentioned, I take goat trails to tee box and maneuver buggy remotely up path. Anyway I am so happy I got the remote. To each their own. the battery system is simple as can be on the Zip series line. read the options on each cart. get what is best for you. easy decision. Don't hesitate to talk to a dealer or rep and get their opinion on all brands.

my powakaddy and motocaddy can do the same, set the yardage at 20-35 yards and it goes to where you point it and stops.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

i think part of the reason why these machines cost too much is people want more of unnecessary options. I saw the gokart which is a simple lithium push cart that folds up quick. If they were manufactured here or have a supplier here I would have grabbed that one. The walk should really be simple. It's not supposed to be something that does EVERYTHING for you. Don't fall for the marketing hype.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

It's not supposed to be something that does EVERYTHING for you. Don't fall for the marketing hype.

This. Motocaddy makes remote models which I didnt want and they make a model with built in GPS which I didnt want.

As far as "sending" a cart to the next tee box or ahead of you, I think this is the most overrated feature of these carts - including my cart that does this or remote models - either one. Unless you're on perfectly flat terrain with no chance of disaster, there's no way I'm sending my cart 40 yards away on its own. Nope.

I will say so far the easilock system on the Motocaddy bag - that might be the most underrated feature of all.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

It's not supposed to be something that does EVERYTHING for you. Don't fall for the marketing hype.

This. Motocaddy makes remote models which I didnt want and they make a model with built in GPS which I didnt want.

As far as "sending" a cart to the next tee box or ahead of you, I think this is the most overrated feature of these carts - including my cart that does this or remote models - either one. Unless you're on perfectly flat terrain with no chance of disaster, there's no way I'm sending my cart 40 yards away on its own. Nope.

I will say so far the easilock system on the Motocaddy bag - that might be the most underrated feature of all.

Agreed on all counts.

And especially about the oft-overlooked Easilock system. It's so simple and works so well that's it's easy to forget about it until you put a bag on the trolley that doesn't have the Easilock pins.

It's interesting how we're all different. I love this feature. Admittedly I rarely send it 40m away as I agree it's too risky but I often send it 10, 15, 20-25m. Often grab the putter and send it towards the next tee box. Or if my ball is on the front of the green and the pin is back I'll grab my putter and send it to the point where I will exit the green. It's convenient and saves a bit of time.

I've ordered a Motocaddy bag so I'll find out about the Easilock feature as soon as it arrives. :)

Cobra King F9  Driver 10.5° Atmos Blue 6 stiff
17° Callaway X Hot 4 wood
20.5°& 23° Cleveland DST Launcher hybrids
Srixon ZX5 5 - PW Modus 105 Regular 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 48°/9° & 52°/11°, RTX 3 58°/9°
Ping Anser Sigma 2 putter

http://www.gokart.co.uk/blog/the-new-gokart-is-coming/

the new model looks amazing and with shipping it should be below 650 USD

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

http://www.gokart.co...kart-is-coming/

Great, but who's the US distributor? The company will ship to the US from the UK, but without a local rep, the unit gets sold without warranty.

Exactly. This is still my one main concern with the Motocaddy. I had to replace the circuit board battery and I was really on my own to do it. It ended up being a time consuming although fairly simple job - but still, if anything major happens, you're either on your own your you probably have to spend the $$$ to ship it back.

Its the one hangup - albeit a fairly major one - that stands in the way of these things becoming more popular.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

what warranty are you worried about? i think there a couple members here that bought it directly from the UK and are happy. The product itself has been established in the UK.

I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

http://www.gokart.co...kart-is-coming/

Great, but who's the US distributor? The company will ship to the US from the UK, but without a local rep, the unit gets sold without warranty.

Exactly. This is still my one main concern with the Motocaddy. I had to replace the circuit board battery and I was really on my own to do it. It ended up being a time consuming although fairly simple job - but still, if anything major happens, you're either on your own your you probably have to spend the $$$ to ship it back.

Its the one hangup - albeit a fairly major one - that stands in the way of these things becoming more popular.

josh from golfseller direct is the US distributor for motocaddy and powakaddy. Your product should have been sent to him. I have his email if you need it.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Hello Jere,

Thanks for your message and interest in the GoKart.

We don't have a distributor in the US yet, but could send you a GoKart from the UK.

As a rough guide to pricing, please deduct 20% UK tax from the price of a GoKart set on the UK website. I'm afraid the website doesn't include shipping to the USA so you would then need to add £140 for shipping.

Here's a link to the shop:

http://www.gokart.co.uk/shop/gokart-trolleys.html

One exception, I’m afraid, is that we are unable to ship lithium batteries to the USA.

The other limitation is the warranty: We'd like to be able to provide all of our customers with first class after-sales support, just as we do in the UK. However, with the high shipping costs and current lack of local support in the States, it's just not feasible to offer the cart with a UK-level of warranty.

Sorry if that sounds a bit negative! While we have always found a way to help with any issues that have cropped up, we do think it's best to be clear and honest from the start about the limitations of any after-sales help that we could offer.

If you are not put off by the potential shipping cost and limitations of after-sales help, please let me know and I'll get an exact shipping quote and provide any further details you need.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

did the math so it's 399 dollars in US for a lead acid version if you want a cheap option like a goKart

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x