Evnroll Putters-- Amazing!!!

Concerning the lack of use of these putters by touring pros: Wait and see. They will start showing up, probably on the Champions tour or the Web.com first. From what I heard, Poulter tried one.

Didn't Ian hate it so much he gave it away to someone in the crowd?

Havent heard that but it sounds like the kind of crass thing this guy does, usually he tweets about it though so maybe its just a story

He tweeted about it alright. I think he said he likened it to an ashtray if my memory serves me right. And yes, gave it away.

Concerning the lack of use of these putters by touring pros: Wait and see. They will start showing up, probably on the Champions tour or the Web.com first. From what I heard, Poulter tried one.

Didn't Ian hate it so much he gave it away to someone in the crowd?

Havent heard that but it sounds like the kind of crass thing this guy does, usually he tweets about it though so maybe its just a story

He tweeted about it alright. I think he said he likened it to an ashtray if my memory serves me right. And yes, gave it away.

thereby confirming he's a ****!

Sounds like he's blaming himself for switching to ANY putter, just so happened the victim was an evnroll.

"I really hope the putter I gave a young man on the 18th hole is useful.... as it was a useful as an ashtray on a motorbike... last time out 2.1 putts per greens in regulation... that should have been enough to realize it’s not working... So I gave it another try... complete idiot... Cannot express how pissed off I am for even trying a new putter... Sometimes the things you do just tip you over the edge... You would think I would have learnt by now... clearly not...Oh well the old Rife is back in for tomorrow..."

I was an early adopter of the ER2 - And similar to everyone else on this site I've bought and sold a lot of different clubs. However, when I bought the ER2 I knew it was one club that I would not sell even if it wasn't in the bag. I had cycled it out of the bag for an old Odyssey Versa Rossie about a year ago, and I recently put it back in the bag for the last two rounds. I just want to reiterate what a great flat stick this thing is. Have thoroughly enjoyed the results since it has reclaimed its spot in my bag.

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

I'm all in for the ER7 after testing it. I've played with a Plop Original putter for basically the last 15 years and loved the feel of the blade, but felt like I needed some alignment help. I recently switched to a Odyssey #7 for some alignment help, but my putting has been absolutely awful with it, primarily due to distance control. The ER7 gives me some great alignment help, gives me more feel than the Odyssey, and obviously the technology has been proven to work. Putting is the only part of my game that I can really practice often, given my time constraints, and I'm excited to see what this putter can do for me.

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Ping Tour 65s - 43.75 in.
Ping G425 Max 17.5* 5 wood - Ping Tour 75s - 41.50 in.

Ping G425 19* 3H - Ping Tour 85s - 39.5 in.
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo - 4-PW - DG X100
Cleveland RTX 50*
Cleveland RTX-3 54*
Cleveland RTX-3 58*
Cleveland HB Soft 10.5 Putter

I acquired an ER8 at PGA superstore. I stroked it great at the store and it felt good. I was really looking forward to using it on a real green. Out on the putting green last night, it was like a completely different putter. It felt dull, inconsistent and I didn't like the sound. Nothing about it was particularly good. I didn't putt well with it and I am thinking about taking back. Disappointed. Has anyone else found this to be the case and did the performance of the improve as you adapted to it?

I had the same issue with my ER8 when I bought it. My issue is I have never putted well with counter balanced putters. But as soon as I changed the grip it was instantly better. In fact, it's the best putter I have ever used. I know for a fact there are putts that I make that would have been misses with other putters. Try changing the grip. Once I put on a lighter grip and got the swing weight up it made all the difference in the world.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

Has anyone played the ER1.2?

I am a big fan of the Anser style putter and currently play Newport 2. The Evnroll technology is very appealing, and just wondering what people’s thoughts are the 1.2 in comparison to the ER1 or ER2

The 1.2 is definitely the closest to the Anser style. The ER1 and ER2 just look much bigger to me. I've actually had all 3 and much prefer the 1.2 (I actually have the ER1.1 with square bumpers instead of rounded bumpers).

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

I am a big fan of the Anser style putter and currently play Newport 2. The Evnroll technology is very appealing, and just wondering what people’s thoughts are the 1.2 in comparison to the ER1 or ER2

The 1.2 is definitely the closest to the Anser style. The ER1 and ER2 just look much bigger to me. I've actually had all 3 and much prefer the 1.2 (I actually have the ER1.1 with square bumpers instead of rounded bumpers).

Are you still gaming the 1.2?

Why did you prefer the 1.2 over the 1 & 2?

Sorry to ask so many questions, I have called around to all the stores by me, and no one carries it in store for me to try

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to ask so many questions, I have called around to all the stores by me, and no one carries it in store for me to try

The evnroll er1 and er2 are both face balanced putters. edit The evnroll er1 and er2 are both MORE face balanced putters. The er1.2 has a little toe hang with the plumbers neck. Golf galaxy and edwin watts around me both had a small selection that I tried. I liked the putters, but I like harder milled faces. It's not as hard as Scotty Cameron. Until they get a slant neck though, I will probably pass for now.

Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5 (-1), Ventus Black 6s
Cobra F7 3 Wood
Titleist 718 TMB 2 iron 17*

Adams TI Hybrid 20* and 23*
Srixon zx5 4-5, zx7 6-pw, s300, 2* flat

Vokey SM6 50f12
Vokey SM7 54s10

Mizuno T10 60

Odyssey White Hot #1 (2006)

The evnroll er1 and er2 are both face balanced putters. The er1.2 has a little toe hang with the plumbers neck. Golf galaxy and edwin watts around me both had a small selection that I tried. I liked the putters, but I like harder milled faces. It's not as hard as Scotty Cameron. Until they get a slant neck though, I will probably pass for now.

ER1 and ER2 are not face balanced. They both have some toe hang.

Sorry, I meant to say that the evnroll er1 and er2 are both MORE face balanced putters

Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5 (-1), Ventus Black 6s
Cobra F7 3 Wood
Titleist 718 TMB 2 iron 17*

Adams TI Hybrid 20* and 23*
Srixon zx5 4-5, zx7 6-pw, s300, 2* flat

Vokey SM6 50f12
Vokey SM7 54s10

Mizuno T10 60

Odyssey White Hot #1 (2006)

I rolled these for the first time today. The performance was impressive. I realize that feel is a personal thing, but to me, the feel was a bit off on some of the models. The store did not have the 2017 models, but of the previous models, the ER5 and ER6 felt the most solid. The ER1 and ER2 felt "tingy" and thin, though the performance was there.

I don't know if I can verify the long term performance, but the ball seemed to find the hole quite a bit more easily. I would really like to try the ER7. if it has the more solid feel, I bet that is a nice flat stick.

Oh, and the new grips are nice!

I was initially turned off my the "tingy" feeling of the Evnroll I tried a while back at a local shop. I think they may have made a change to the design of the blades. Because I tested most of the current models at my local PGA SS recently and the feel was much more solid with a more muted sound. It was still easy to feel the sweet spot.

I walked out with a new ER1. The skeleton mallet did feel a little less solid. However, all the blades (ER1/ER2/ER3) felt very solid, even on off center hits, which was different than what I'd experienced previously.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9* / Ventus TR 5-S
Callaway Rogue 14* / Tour Blue 75-S

Callaway Rogue SZ 18* / Thump 75f-S

PXG Gen2 22* / Fuji Pro 73-S
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-P / Modus 120-S 
PXG Sugar Daddy II 53*/58*

Odyssey Versa 1W

Would love to see a 8802 head shape EVNROLL putter, similar to what he produced whilst at Rife (Bimini)

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x v’s Chrome Tour 

I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but the ER1 is making a good impression. The feel, feedback, and performance are all top notch.

However, the stock grip (fat red/white) is absolute garbage. It is slick and just too large. I'm going to replace it with something more comfortable and a tackier feel. I just hope the change doesn't throw off the balance of the putter too much.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9* / Ventus TR 5-S
Callaway Rogue 14* / Tour Blue 75-S

Callaway Rogue SZ 18* / Thump 75f-S

PXG Gen2 22* / Fuji Pro 73-S
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-P / Modus 120-S 
PXG Sugar Daddy II 53*/58*

Odyssey Versa 1W

I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but the ER1 is making a good impression. The feel, feedback, and performance are all top notch.

However, the stock grip (fat red/white) is absolute garbage. It is slick and just too large. I'm going to replace it with something more comfortable and a tackier feel. I just hope the change doesn't throw off the balance of the putter too much.

Talk with customer service at evnroll. They have smaller grips and can help with any swing weight issues that may come up.

You can order one of their newer pistol style grips if you like those. They have 100g versions to match up the weight.

https://evnroll.com/custom-evnroll-pistol-grips.html

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

I saw in the John Deere Classic pics that Evnroll had their full line in black heads with black shafts. Does anyone know if these are just tour models or if they will be coming to retail?

Just Tour models from what I've been told. Hoping that will change in the future.

I really wanted a 1.2 with a topline but I was told that is also a Tour Only option.

I saw in the John Deere Classic pics that Evnroll had their full line in black heads with black shafts. Does anyone know if these are just tour models or if they will be coming to retail?

Just Tour models from what I've been told. Hoping that will change in the future.

I really wanted a 1.2 with a topline but I was told that is also a Tour Only option.

Yea, I just got a email back from Justin at Evnroll stating that the black is just a tour option and they have no plans on bringing them to market.

Yea, I just got a email back from Justin at Evnroll stating that the black is just a tour option and they have no plans on bringing them to market.

no black, no toplines... Dumb. Do they not like money?

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

I just combined mine with a stability shaft and it feels even better than it did the first time I used the putter.

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9* w/ UST Linq White 8F5

Callaway Rogue 3 LS Wood w/ UST Linq Blue 8F5

Callaway UW 19* w UST Linq White 9F5

Titleist T200 ‘21 4-5 w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

Titleist T100 ‘21 6-9 w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

Vokey 46* w/ Nippon Modus3 120x

PXG 0311 Wedge 50* w/ UST Recoil Wedge 125X

Vokey 54* and 58* w/ BGT ZNE 130

L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 (Red) Broomstick

I echo this. In an era where everyone wants a colored putter, especially blacked out, why not?

I echo this. In an era where everyone wants a colored putter, especially blacked out, why not?

Could say the same thing about scotty take a look at the putters he has available on the tour greens compared to retail it's not just evnroll.