Vice golf balls

mark98ca

Been playing these since Feb this year so many rounds under belt average 1 per week since then.

Previously played TP5x & ProV1x.

Barring the slight discolouring issue on these they are cracking balls for the price.

Tried the mixed pack preferred the Pro Plus over all.

Great off all the clubs

I actually find them slightly softer than the other 2 mentioned. Spin is comparable on all, I'm 90 mph with 6 iron if that helps.

A friend with a slower speed thought for him they felt slightly hard, so if you pick the right one for the speed overall v good.

Some may scoff at the name but after shooting 73 gross last weekend I'm sticking with these with 3 dozen to go.

Ignore the name try the variety pack and see which suits.

Best line on ball there is out the IMOP.

All the best.

I completely agree with you. I have been playing TP5 since they were released and Z Star before that. I tested the Vice Pro+, Pro, and Pro Soft about 4 months ago and really liked the Pro. I finally bit the bullet and bought 5dz of the Pro. Have been playing it for the last month and hands down it is as good or better than any other ball I have ever played. When you throw in the price it's a no brainer for me.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to try a sleeve over the weekend of the Pro Plus

very impressed! it did everything I could ask for.

Long, checks on wedges. drop and stop on full irons

The cover seem to cut a little more, but that outweighs how good it performed!

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

So anyone tell me how similar the Vice Pro Soft plays to a Callaway Chrome Soft? Been thinking about giving the Vice a try as I like the color options but the Chrome Soft ball just seems to work for me.

I ordered one dozen of the Pro Soft on Amazon to test out. Same price as a dozen direct from Vice but with free shipping. I'm really just interested in how they play vs the Chrome Soft so I'll report back after I get some playing time with them.

Tried all three for multiple rounds and i'm sold on the Pro Soft.

They're a club longer than the other two, stop on a dime on the greens, and feel great off the putter face.

I love the lime color.

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Red 6s

G430 LST 3 wood Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood Ventus TR Red 8s 

Callaway Apex Pro 3 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0311 XP 5 PX LZ 6.5

0311 P 6 P LZ 6.5

0317 T  7-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  52, 56

PM Grind 60

Lab Link 1 

I have played with Vice PRO and Vice SOFT and both are outstanding golf balls. They are almost if not as good as the ProVs. Snell and the Kirkland Signature 3 and 4 piece golf balls are great as well. For the price any of these brands to me is superior to paying $40-48 for a dozen of the big brand name premium balls.

Who is paing $48/dzn?? wow!!

haha I was/am. Well not technically I would always stock up on the 3 dozen with 1 free sale they do at the start of the year but yeah I mean it's $48 a dozen off the rack.

My take on golf balls and saving money on them is that people spend too much time trying to chance a deal on golf balls for what ends up not being a ton a money. I use around 6 dozen golf balls a year playing around 50-60 rounds a year. I pay $144 for my first 4 dozen a year (that's the buy 3 get 1 free deal). For my next 2 dozen I pay $96 ($48 a piece for Bridgestones). So that's $240 for a full year of premium golf balls.

That's really not much money in the scheme of a year of golf. Now the savings? 6 dozen Vice balls (if you buy them all at once) cost $150. So I can save $90 a year. I mean that's one round of golf... heck that's 9 holes in the winter in Phoenix.

I get that $90 is $90 and saving money is great. But sometimes I read these forums about golf balls and see the lengths people are going to save money on balls. Or my buddies back home making $125k a year buying a big batch of used golf balls or bulking up with 10 dozen balls because there's a sale. Sometimes seeing the lengths people are going to save money on golf balls makes me scratch my head because of all the expenses in golf equipment, it's one of the cheapest... outside of golf tees it may be cheapest.. $2500-$3000 a year in greens fees, $1500 in equipment, $50-$100+ polo shirts, shorts, shoes and yet playing $50 golf balls is absurd.

Either way, I like the Vice golf balls and the fact that they are cheaper is an added benefit.

To be fair, I don’t think your numbers for costs even remotely reflect what the vast majority of golfers spend a year. I’d wager that he majority of golfers don’t buy a single club on a yearly basis, let alone spend $1500 a year on equipment. And maybe it’s regional or that you’re playing private courses/country clubs, but $2,500-3,000+ in greens fees seems really high. Around here greens fees on munis rarely exceed $35 for 18 (year season passes range about $900-1,400 at public courses muni and non-muni) and even the nicer non-muni public courses rarely exceed $40. That’s A LOT of golf for $2,500+.

So, yeah, the cost differences in balls are a little more substantial for the majority of golfers. Whether or not they is meanfingul to the finances of an individual golfer obviously varies.

Tried all three for multiple rounds and i'm sold on the Pro Soft.

They're a club longer than the other two, stop on a dime on the greens, and feel great off the putter face.

I love the lime color.

Do you mind if I ask what is your club head speed and/or distance for say a driver and 6 iron? I have been playing Pro+ for about 2 years based on their recommendation but perhaps I need to give the Soft a try.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

I was recommended the Plus also.

I tried the Soft on a whim and loved the results.

105 mph driver swing speed. I carry it around 250-260.

6 iron is my 180 club with the soft, 170 with the Plus.

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Red 6s

G430 LST 3 wood Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood Ventus TR Red 8s 

Callaway Apex Pro 3 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0311 XP 5 PX LZ 6.5

0311 P 6 P LZ 6.5

0317 T  7-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  52, 56

PM Grind 60

Lab Link 1 

Quick update.

Still happy with my purchase. Durability was my main worry based on reviews, but I've had no problems. I even had one ball I played for 45 holes and it was in okay shape. They do show some wear, but nothing unusual compared to other balls I've used.

The green and red options are nice to have, but don't overlook the white. If I hit a provisional, I just switch colors.

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]

I was recommended the Plus also.

I tried the Soft on a whim and loved the results.

105 mph driver swing speed. I carry it around 250-260.

6 iron is my 180 club with the soft, 170 with the Plus.

That's very similar to my numbers! I might have to try to find some of the Pro Soft to try out and maybe switch out after I run out of Pro+. Thanks!

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

After a couple rounds with the Vice Pro Soft testing it against the 2017 Chrome Soft I ended up ordering 5 dozen of the Vice. It matches the CS off the tee and with the irons. Around the green and putting it is so similar in play that I made the switch. I think it feels a hair softer off the putter then the CS but putts just as well for me. I was not able to tell any noticeable difference in spin with my wedges. But the Vice Lime color just pops and is so easy to follow and find in all locations.

My only noticeable "complaint" on the Vice is that matte finish does like to attract dirt more then any other ball I have played. So I do find myself stopping at the ball washer much more then when I played the CS.

As far as durability there was no difference for me between the Vice and the CS. But I will be honest I am pretty easy on the cover of golf balls, always have been as I don't play a lot of full wedge shots usually.

I got to play my Vice Pros in a scramble event over the weekend. Not my preferred testing condition for a new ball but still, I was pleased.

Really liked it off the driver, was long and straight for me. After a rough start with my driver due to some swing/setup issues (ended up teeing the ball too high and hitting skyballs for a few holes because I was using longer than normal tees and wasn't getting the ball to my usual height). I eventually figured that out and ended the day hitting long bombs that I was thrilled with. I can be a bit inconsistent with the driver and I haven't had a day driving it that straight in a long time.

My iron play was mostly crap for the day, so not sure on that yet.

Wedges were good though, had enough spin for me and felt nice.

Putting was great, had a good feel.

Overall, I'm not super picky on balls but I have nothing bad to say about these and at $25/dz I'm very happy I picked up 5 dozen and will likely come back to order more when these run out.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

Played the Pro Plus today.

Being a Titleist guy all my life i am impressed.

So impressed i will put them in play.

I found no difference in driving and iron play between the Vice and the ProV1X.

Where i noticed a good difference was the spin on the greens. The Vice held the greens wonderfully.

As for durability, non issue for me. Always play a new ball. That said, there was a slight scuff mark from a tight lie, hardly noticeable.

So, an excellent ball, plus the price point, it can't be beat.

Ping G410+ Tensei Orange Pro.

Mizuno GT180 shaft as above.

Adams 3H  Aldila Blue.

Wilson FG100 4i-PW.

Wilson PMP 52/56/60

Putters....too many.

Just got the trial box in the mail and have to say I'm a little disappointed in quality control...keep in mind this is before I hit them. Not a performance related issue, but it can lead to one. There is a noticeable seam on these balls compared to the competition. On top of that the alignment aid doesn't line up evenly with the seam it goes diagonal across it. In order for this ball to roll its best it will need to be lined up on the seam, but if you use the alignment aid it won't be lined up correctly. So upon first inspection a quick quality control issue that I noticed.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

Just got the trial box in the mail and have to say I'm a little disappointed in quality control...keep in mind this is before I hit them. Not a performance related issue, but it can lead to one. There is a noticeable seam on these balls compared to the competition. On top of that the alignment aid doesn't line up evenly with the seam it goes diagonal across it. In order for this ball to roll its best it will need to be lined up on the seam, but if you use the alignment aid it won't be lined up correctly. So upon first inspection a quick quality control issue that I noticed.

Maybe it’s an OCD thing ? I gave a guy a vice to try and he shot a personal best 74 his first round. Went home and bought 5 dozen.

Didn’t both him too much

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Played another 3 rounds over the weekend with the Vice Pro Soft. So far in my comparison to the Chrome Soft the Vice seems to be much straighter hitting then the CS. At first I thought it was maybe just in my head but I hit a bunch of shots with both balls. But there is definitely more movement for me with a Chrome Soft then there is with a Vice. Distance still seems to be the same with both balls. Wedge play around the greens seems identical to me with the Vice still feeling softer.

I'm still spending more time at the ball washer with the Vice and it's Matte finish. LOL

But I did decided to order 5 dozen after my one dozen test. I feel like they are a better ball for me then the Chrome Soft that I loved playing the last couple years.

How does having the alignment aid on the seam help the ball roll better? Are you saying the ball will not roll strait if you don't line it up by the seam, LOL...

I've played the pro plus all summer and haven't had any issues, but having a seam on the ball never bothered me.

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]

How does having the alignment aid on the seam help the ball roll better? Are you saying the ball will not roll strait if you don't line it up by the seam, LOL...

I've played the pro plus all summer and haven't had any issues, but having a seam on the ball never bothered me.

Scientifically speaking yes. The reason why all the big ball manufacturers chased the seamless design for years was because the seam, even in the smallest variety, will create a balance issue when rolling or spinning. This is why for years you would see pro golfers with pronounced sharpie lines on their balls directly on the seam. Then they would take forever to hit their putt because they wouldn't hit it until they could get the seam to line up exactly where they wanted to strike the putt. Now that the balls played on tour are seamless you almost never see that anymore because it doesn't matter where the aligning aid is if the ball is seamless.

Maybe it’s an OCD thing ? I gave a guy a vice to try and he shot a personal best 74 his first round. Went home and bought 5 dozen.

Didn’t both him too much

It's 110% an OCD thing for me. I will take them out and test them and hope they perform just as well for me so I can save some money. I was more surprised by it than anything. I didn't expect any of these direct to consumer balls that were "as good as the ProV1" to have a seam, but I opened the package and there it was, clear as day.

Titleist Pro V1x #13

Couple of thoughts here. Technically all balls still have a seam, they are just hidden better under dimples to help with aerodynamics. Not sure if that helps with balance on putting as well or helps overall balance of the ball in general.

I just looked at a TP5X and the alignment aid is right on top of the well hidden seem. (checked 3 balls and all the same)

Looked at a Yellow Project A, the seem is slightly more apparent than the Tp5X and NOT in conjunction with the alignment aid.

I never had noticed so I guess the seem doesn't bother me at all. lol - Pic of the Project A coming shortly.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Also just checked all 12 of my last dozen of Vice Pros and they all have the line on the seem. What model of Vice did you have ?

I have the trial pack, so all five balls(pics below). Based on further inspection the Pro balls are certainly better than the drive and tour balls but still off. I took the pics aligned with the seam on each ball to illustrate the off kilter alignment aid.

Based on your findings if yours are all lined up and you bough 5 dozen, there is potential that they could be sending out cosmetic blems in the trial packs. Just a theory, not sure if there is any truth to that or if they are all slightly off kilter for the most part.

Drive

qfkBYvZ.jpg

Tour

YEqjIqE.jpg

Pro Soft(best of the bunch)

W1JO3UD.jpg

Pro

AgvOYlJ.jpg

Pro Plus

qsGRnRV.jpg

Titleist Pro V1x #13

You are probably right . The trial pack could be blemishes. I did order 5 dozen and before that I ordered just a sleeve off eBay (probably from someone who also ordered a dozen or more)

It does appear like yours are off except the Pro Soft. Maybe you should contact Vice and see if they want to make you happier customer ?

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

You are probably right . The trial pack could be blemishes. I did order 5 dozen and before that I ordered just a sleeve off eBay (probably from someone who also ordered a dozen or more)

It does appear like yours are off except the Pro Soft. Maybe you should contact Vice and see if they want to make you happier customer ?

For a trial pack it's not worth it, but if I do go with them for a full order I will definitely bring it up.

Titleist Pro V1x #13

Lots of balls, even premium ones, have a noticeable seam if you look hard enough.

And, I have examples of literally every premium ball brand in my shag bag, and literally every one the alignment aid is off, if you look hard enough.

Plus, you're mistaken about your "In order for this ball to roll its best it will need to be lined up on the seam" theory - just like we were mistaken 20 years ago thinking using a ball spinner allowed us to roll truer putts.

Other than your OCDing, did you give the ball a try?

Being in Europe I ordered quite a few trial packs, wanted to test the hype. When they came more than 3 of the packs were blemished and the 4th pack were full of Maxflis! Really not sure what production process they were running, this was back in 2017. Returned the whole order and they took forever to refund me. Was particularly concerned that some of the trial packs contained U-Fli softs.

Though overall feedback seems to be positive.

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0

Being in Europe I ordered quite a few trial packs, wanted to test the hype. When they came more than 3 of the packs were blemished and the 4th pack were full of Maxflis! Really not sure what production process they were running, this was back in 2017. Returned the whole order and they took forever to refund me. Was particularly concerned that some of the trial packs contained U-Fli softs.

Though overall feedback seems to be positive.

Well now we know the Maxflis are made in Germany as well ? Lol now I want to compare the dimple patterns of the U-Fli line and the Pro line.

My one and only experience with Vice was pleasant.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I'm currently smitten with the Vice Pro. I'm a long time Z-Star user, but I try/play about everything (Pro V1, Snell, MG Tour C4, TP5, Chrome Soft, FG Tour, U/6, Cut, BXS, etc., etc.). I was pretty much sold on the Bridgestone as my ball for this year (love the responsiveness, feel, look, results) until I tried a few sleeves of the Vice Pro Neon Lime. For my swing and game, it's the best ball I've ever played (and that's saying something).

I had gotten away from yellow golf balls and gone back to the more traditional white, but the Neon Lime is just perfect. As far as the ball itself, it's a fantastic balance of soft, but not too soft. It has a really tacky, urethane-y feel. Off the club face, the ball trampolines, but doesn't have the periodic jumper/flyer. I wasn't looking for distance, but for my swing speed there's just something about the ball (compression? make-up?) that has added some controlled length to my drives and irons.

Even with my beloved Z-Star I could be nit-picky about a few things (not quite enough greenside spin, maybe a bit shorter than some other premium balls), but with the Vice Pro I've yet to find one fault. For me, it's the best in each category.

Ping G430 LST 9* 
Ping G430 5W 17*

Ping G430 4H 21*

PXG 0211 XCOR2 Dark 6-L

Ping PLD Oslo 3

Titleist Pro V1 Yellow