MIzuno JPX Standard Length Shafts into Srixon Z545

Stackemnwhackem ·  
StackemnwhackemStackemnwhackem Members  7WRX Points: 0Handicap: 13.5Posts: 7
Thanks in advance for the help. Just got a set of steel shafts that were cut to mizuno JPX standard length and I want to use them with a set of Srixon Z545 irons but want them to play as close to Mizuno standard length as possible. my understanding is outside of the PW the Srixons play .25" longer than the mizunos in the 3-PW. anyone have any idea how the srixons would measure if I use the Mizuno PW shaft with the Srixon PW club head and repeated for the set (5-PW)? Are the club heads the same size? Does Srixon/Mizuno measure with or without a grip? Thanks for the help.
Posted:
Tagged:

Comments

• snook...snook... Members  394WRX Points: 45Posts: 394 Greens
    Mizuno measures without grip

Srixon measures without grip as well.

The difference you will see is the difference in pw to 9. Mizuno goes 35.5 to 35.75....then 1/2inch increments from there.

Srixon makes a 1/2 inch step between pw and 9 35.5to 36.....36.5....etc

To be safe if you are thinking about pulling some mizuno shafts to use in srixons or buying some mizuno pulls. I would look for a set of +1/4inch long mizuno pulls.

I can measure the depth of srixon 765 bore to give you an idea. I don’t have mizuno irons handy.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • StackemnwhackemStackemnwhackem Members  7WRX Points: 0Handicap: 13.5Posts: 7
    Thanks for the help. No need to measure. I emailed Srixon and asked them to send me the actual shaft lengths without the grip and head installed. Ill let ou know what I find out. Maybe that info can help others. Also, attached are the standard specs for the Z545s directly from Srixon. Maybe this will help someone as well. Im going to ask the club fitter to just cut the mizuno shafts to play at Srixon standard length and adjust the club heads to the standard lie.
    Posted:
  • StackemnwhackemStackemnwhackem Members  7WRX Points: 0Handicap: 13.5Posts: 7
    Here are some specs I received from the Mizuno folks
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.