2018 NBA Season

Okc with a 300m payroll in 2018/2019

Small market sure have some deep pockets nowadays.

I find this funny because if they went over the salary cap when they still had James Hardin I think they’d have at least 1 or 2 championships by now

Yes but now we have Ray Felton, he does a lot of the same things Harden does (that's technically true, he's just way, way worse at all of them)

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Okc with a 300m payroll in 2018/2019

Small market sure have some deep pockets nowadays.

I find this funny because if they went over the salary cap when they still had James Hardin I think they’d have at least 1 or 2 championships by now

Amazing they at one point had 3 league mvp in their stable. A low ball offer from okc with harden desire to be the main attraction couldn’t keep those 3 together. One of the all time what could have been next to untimely demise of Len bias.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

The Harden trade was an all-time screw up, and the Thunder if given a do-over would obviously up their offer to Harden to keep him.

Its important to remember though I think the difference was OKC offered him 4yrs 50M and he asked for 4yrs 55m. Presti got very cute and figured that 5m dollars was the difference between a luxury tax bill if they kept everyone

But Harden still chose to leave over a minimal amount. As you say, I am sure part of him wondered about being the star on his own team. He and Westbrook are not a good fit together which is obvious

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

this sulky trade demand by kawhi reminds me of what Howard did to my team.

They both wanted to go to LA. Be careful what you(kawhi) wish for or else you'll end up with a howard-like career post trade.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

It appears after the free agency dust cloud has settled, the Nuggets will be relevant around the same day I get my PGA Tour card. I wish they could play in the east and at least be a solid 4-5 seed.

Ping G430 Max KaiLi White 60 Stiff (9 degree)
Cobra King RAD 3 Wood Fujikura Motore X F3 Stiff (14.5 degree setting)
Mizuno CLK Hybrid (19 and 22 degree, I swap them out depending on the wind in the parking lot)

Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal Pro 4-5 Irons - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts

Mizuno JPX-921 Forged 6 Iron - G Wedge - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts 
Titleist SM9 54 and 58 
Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 CS (34")

It appears after the free agency dust cloud has settled, the Nuggets will be relevant around the same day I get my PGA Tour card. I wish they could play in the east and at least be a solid 4-5 seed.

They could be a 4-5 seed in the west too. The 4th seed now is probably projected to be Utah. Its not like they are a juggernaut...you get Paul Millsap back.

Right now the middle of the conference is like Utah, OKC, Portland, new Orleans. Denver is not a bad squad. They can compete with those teams

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

They could be a 4-5 seed in the west too. The 4th seed now is probably projected to be Utah. Its not like they are a juggernaut...you get Paul Millsap back.

Right now the middle of the conference is like Utah, OKC, Portland, new Orleans. Denver is not a bad squad. They can compete with those teams

What are your "too early" top 8 seeds in WC?

In order.

Golden State

Houston

LA

OKC

New Orleans

Utah

Minnesota

Portland

Think San Antonio and Denver miss.

This is assuming Kawhi gets traded or sits out most of the season with papercuts and stubbed toes

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

In order.

Golden State

Houston

LA

OKC

New Orleans

Utah

Minnesota

Portland

Think San Antonio and Denver miss.

This is assuming Kawhi gets traded or sits out most of the season with papercuts and stubbed toes

Having Millsap back will help, but I just don't see them being able to stop anyone. Call me crazy, but I think the Pelicans are going to ride an absolute monster season from Anthony Davis and overtake the Rockets, Ariza is underappreciated.

Golden State

New Orleans

Houston

Utah

Minnesota

OKC

LA

San Antonio

Denver misses by 1 game yet again, Portland falls apart. I just can't bring myself to picture San Antonio out of the playoffs, but they could be swapped with Denver or Portland fairly easily. I do not think LA has the talent to be anything above the 6 seed unless they make another move before the season starts. I do think Kawhi comes back half way through the season to try to prove he is still a great player.

Ping G430 Max KaiLi White 60 Stiff (9 degree)
Cobra King RAD 3 Wood Fujikura Motore X F3 Stiff (14.5 degree setting)
Mizuno CLK Hybrid (19 and 22 degree, I swap them out depending on the wind in the parking lot)

Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal Pro 4-5 Irons - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts

Mizuno JPX-921 Forged 6 Iron - G Wedge - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts 
Titleist SM9 54 and 58 
Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 CS (34")

Goldenstate

Houston

Pelicans

Lakers

Utah

Minnesota

OKC

Portland

I agree that the rockets will miss Ariza but i think they have enough firepower during the regular season to get 2nd. Even though New Orleans lost Cousins and Rondo, i like them at the 3rd seed BUT i think they could easily swap spots with the Lakers just for the Lebron factor alone. After Utah, i honestly think you could make case for the last 3 teams and san antonio in any of those spots.

It still concerns me a bit with Utah how much they needed Donovan Mitchell. He's still just a second year player. I think we might be overselling them a bit but I certainly could be wrong. Similar think in new Orleans where etwaun Moore and Jrue Holiday had career shooting years

LeBron trying is good enough for a #3 seed. I think the key will be how much he plays in year 1. If he plays 35 minutes a night they are the 3 seed I think

OKC never got in rythym last year and still won 48 games. I think they are a bit better than people think. Guys like Grant and Adams are going to keep getting better too

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I hope Melo signs with someone else in the West . Hopefully someone predicted to finish ahead of the Thunder

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I would tend to agree. It is essentially addition by subtraction. I like Melo and I think he is a hall of fame player, but he didn't fit with the thunder. I would like to see him sign with a contender and win a title.

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

Is any team ever better after they add Carmelo?

The olympic team. Fact. =P

carmelo is your text book ball stopper. But at this stage in his career, if he's willing to man the 2nd team, he can still be a valuable asset.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Does anyone else think Melo leaving OKC is a big gain for that team? It seemingly opens up a lot more for George and allows a better defender to be in the starting rotation.

I'm a thunder fan and I'm happy he's gone. He shot poorly and defended poorly last year

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Does anyone else think Melo leaving OKC is a big gain for that team? It seemingly opens up a lot more for George and allows a better defender to be in the starting rotation.

I'm a thunder fan and I'm happy he's gone. He shot poorly and defended poorly last year

“Defended poorly”? That’s the most positive comment I’ve ever heard about him in regards to playing defense. It implies he actually gave some effort on D.

Is any team ever better after they add Carmelo?

The olympic team. Fact. =P

carmelo is your text book ball stopper. But at this stage in his career, if he's willing to man the 2nd team, he can still be a valuable asset.

Hasn't he been very anti bench role recently?

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Before last season Zach Lowe (i reference him a lot but he is the best basketball writer there is) wrote a piece on the Thunder saying he thought the Carmelo trade made them worse, or at least made their path to 55 wins or whatever harder than had they just gotten George.

His position was that with just George they knew exactly who they were. Russ takes 25 shots, George take 17, they grind like F on defense and switch a lot with their big bodies.

I didn't agree at the time but i think he was proven right. I'm certainly more excited to see a starting 5 of Russ/George/Roberson/Grant/Adams. If Roberson's healthy they will be a top 3 defense in the NBA, probably the 14th best offense, and i think they can go like 54-28. A major question will be how well Grant shoots, or how many minutes they can get Abrines or Patterson to help space the floor. I watched like 30-40 OKC games last year and Carmelo played "well" maybe 2-3 times. My memories of him are going 2-9 from 3 and settling for horrible pull-ups after jab stepping someone until they are half asleep

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I tell you who i'd be calling about though is Kevin Love. Much like my boy Chris Bosh, he's become the symbol of Lebron's departure and discontent when in reality he's finally come into his own as a complete"ish player. Love is no Bosh (i like that i can say that now and won't get mocked like i did 5 years ago) but everyone agreed he played better on defense the last 1 1/2 years than he ever had in his career, not a rim protector, but worked really hard to improve his footwork away from the basket

he's making 24M on a short term contract, and you could probably get him for a 1st round pick or young talent. It just seems like a low price to pay for a 20-10 guy who's a great 3pt shooter and average defender

I mean Philly and Toronto both have a shot blocker he could play next to. He'd look nice in Dallas next to Jordan (though Dallas lacks assets)

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

OKC was a top 10 D and top 10 O before Roberson went out. I could see that team winning 55+ games and getting the #2 seed. They are tough at home and PG/Russ is a very talented 1/2. They also have another year under their belt. I don’t see Houston being as good as they were last year, they are a year older, lost Ariza, Harden won’t be that good again.

I hope the Lakers get Melo and he accepts being a bench/ situational player and is spot up Melo not ISO Melo. I still think he has a lot in the tank and can help a team out under the correct circumstances.

I find it amazing that people even bring up the question of the Lakers making the playoffs...Don't Get me wrong. I firmly believe the Lakers are making the playoffs and most likely a 1-4 seed. But it just goes to show the difference in the two conferences. Lebron won the east 9 (I think) times in a row and with a conference switch, it comes up if he even makes the playoffs. The East is bad. Haha

Who's the best player in the East? Kyrie Irving? Victor Oladipo? A healthy Joel Embiid?

Deschamps Crisp Antique