2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

G/Fore golf shoes

I just pulled the trigger on a pair of the Limited edition Liberty Gallivanters.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Mizuno STZ- 230 22 Hybrid  ,LIN-Q Blue 

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Mizuno T24 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

anyone have size comparisons between the Gallivanters and the Disruptors?

I've got a couple of pairs of the Gallivanters but am thinking of picking up a pair of Disruptors too.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1540362-raholland71-witb/#entry16159836"]WITB[/url]
Titleist TS3 9.5*
Titleist TS3 15*
Titleist 818 H2 19*
Miura CB57 4-6
Miura MB001 7-PW
Vokey SM7 Raw 52*
Vokey V Grind 56*
Vokey Low Bounce K 60*
Scotty Cameron Newport Circle T

I've got a couple of pairs of the Gallivanters but am thinking of picking up a pair of Disruptors too.

I don't but my Gallivanters just arrived and they are going back... These thing are cut small compared to all Footjoy shoes as well as the Adidas Boost series. They are excellent quality but I had to practically unlace them to get them on my feet . I don't have a crazy high Arch but these seem on the "Flat" side meaning when I remove the Foot Bed they fit perfect but that's not the cure at the price point of these shoes.

On another note I called their customer service and sat on hold for 15 mins trying to speak to someone about their sizing but lost patience and left a message. I guess I'll get a refund and if I find a retailer I'll go try them on before buying again. Maybe I need a Wide in these ??

Titleist Pro V1x

I don't but my Gallivanters just arrived and they are going back... These thing are cut small compared to all Footjoy shoes as well as the Adidas Boost series. They are excellent quality but I had to practically unlace them to get them on my feet . I don't have a crazy high Arch but these seem on the "Flat" side meaning when I remove the Foot Bed they fit perfect but that's not the cure at the price point of these shoes.

On another note I called their customer service and sat on hold for 15 mins trying to speak to someone about their sizing but lost patience and left a message. I guess I'll get a refund and if I find a retailer I'll go try them on before buying again. Maybe I need a Wide in these ??

I went up a half size in my Gallivanters compared to the Icon's they replaced and I think the bigger size in the G's fit way better than my icons ever did. I ended up pulling the trigger on Disruptors in the same size at my Gallivanters. They'll be here Wednesday, we'll see how it goes.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1540362-raholland71-witb/#entry16159836"]WITB[/url]
Titleist TS3 9.5*
Titleist TS3 15*
Titleist 818 H2 19*
Miura CB57 4-6
Miura MB001 7-PW
Vokey SM7 Raw 52*
Vokey V Grind 56*
Vokey Low Bounce K 60*

I went up a half size in my Gallivanters compared to the Icon's they replaced and I think the bigger size in the G's fit way better than my icons ever did. I ended up pulling the trigger on Disruptors in the same size at my Gallivanters. They'll be here Wednesday, we'll see how it goes.

I pulled the inner soles out and they fit perfect.... but obviously that's not the fix.

Titleist Pro V1x

Knowing that I'm 1/2 size larger in FJ's (Icon, Icon Black, DNA, etc) than any other shoe, I ordered the same size I would as for Nike, Puma, and Addidas. They fit perfectly.

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

Just logged my first two rounds in the gallivantors this week, walking the second round. Few things to note.

• They aren't as light as I thought they would be, but the aren't heavy by any means. They are heaver and 'bulkier' than the True Classix they are replacing, but I think the True's were just a very light, low profile shoe. The g/fores though are definitely a better built shoe, which I feel will hold up and last longer, so the trade off is net positive I'm also pretty scrawny, so it's not hard for a shoe to look bulky to me :)
  • They are comfortable. My feet weren't hurting at all after walking 18.
  • They were comfortable enough the first round out of the box, but they definitely felt softer and better the second round. I feel they will soften up nicely over time.
  • As other people noted, I did have to take out the footbed to make these fit more ideally. I inserted an thinner insole I have from other shoes to increase the comfort. I felt the ones that came with the shoe were just too thick and made the fit just wrong for me. I know this isn't ideal for a shoe at this price point, but I'm not personally too worried about it.
  • Size-wise, I'd suggest they fit the similarly to the FJs I tried on in the same size (dryjoys and Pro SL).
  • Traction is great. I was avoiding spikeless, but I don't think I'll have to worry about these, even on wet days, but time will tell.
  • Thanks for the heads up everyone. The compressed air after the round is totally necessary. The 'spike' pattern definitely picks up every leaf you walk over during the day. You don't really notice it during play, but the shoes need a cleaning by the time you're done. I can only image what they'll look like in the fall.

Overall I'm content. I think I like the simplicity of the styling better than the Ecco Lux I was eyeing, and definitely enjoy the $115 savings when compared to the Icon Blacks. They look good with both pants and shorts and I feel I'll be happy for a while. Also, I got the charcoal colorway from golf locker and due to the lack of sales tax and free shipping, that ended up being a slightly cheaper route than if g/fore had them in stock in the first place.

Just logged my first two rounds in the gallivantors this week, walking the second round. Few things to note.

• They aren't as light as I thought they would be, but the aren't heavy by any means. They are heaver and 'bulkier' than the True Classix they are replacing, but I think the True's were just a very light, low profile shoe. The g/fores though are definitely a better built shoe, which I feel will hold up and last longer, so the trade off is net positive I'm also pretty scrawny, so it's not hard for a shoe to look bulky to me :)
  • They are comfortable. My feet weren't hurting at all after walking 18.
  • They were comfortable enough the first round out of the box, but they definitely felt softer and better the second round. I feel they will soften up nicely over time.
  • As other people noted, I did have to take out the footbed to make these fit more ideally. I inserted an thinner insole I have from other shoes to increase the comfort. I felt the ones that came with the shoe were just too thick and made the fit just wrong for me. I know this isn't ideal for a shoe at this price point, but I'm not personally too worried about it.
  • Size-wise, I'd suggest they fit the similarly to the FJs I tried on in the same size (dryjoys and Pro SL).
  • Traction is great. I was avoiding spikeless, but I don't think I'll have to worry about these, even on wet days, but time will tell.
  • Thanks for the heads up everyone. The compressed air after the round is totally necessary. The 'spike' pattern definitely picks up every leaf you walk over during the day. You don't really notice it during play, but the shoes need a cleaning by the time you're done. I can only image what they'll look like in the fall.

Overall I'm content. I think I like the simplicity of the styling better than the Ecco Lux I was eyeing, and definitely enjoy the $115 savings when compared to the Icon Blacks. They look good with both pants and shorts and I feel I'll be happy for a while. Also, I got the charcoal colorway from golf locker and due to the lack of sales tax and free shipping, that ended up being a slightly cheaper route than if g/fore had them in stock in the first place.

Nice write up.... So I'm not alone with thinking the inner sole is too thick . Maybe I will call them again tomorrow and see if they have a remedy before I ship mine back for a refund.

Titleist Pro V1x

Just got the G/Fore x Peter Miller Brogue Gallivanters. I’ve worn Icon/Icon Blacks for the last few years and recently got 2 pairs of myjoys that rubbed bad blisters on my heel and top of my foot. I’ve since sent them back and needed some shoes to play mini tour tournaments in and the G Fore’s are by far the best shoe I’ve ever worn out of the box. Most likely will sell the myjoys when I get my replacement pairs and will instead buy a lot more pairs of gallivanters

Ping G430 LST 7.5 Ventus TR Black 7X

Ping G430 LST 3 wood Ventus TR Blue 8X

TM GAPR Lo 17° KBS Graphite X

Ping Blueprint S KBS C Taper S+

Ping S159 49/54/59

TT DG TI S400

Ping PLD 2D

Just got the G/Fore x Peter Miller Brogue Gallivanters. I've worn Icon/Icon Blacks for the last few years and recently got 2 pairs of myjoys that rubbed bad blisters on my heel and top of my foot. I've since sent them back and needed some shoes to play mini tour tournaments in and the G Fore's are by far the best shoe I've ever worn out of the box. Most likely will sell the myjoys when I get my replacement pairs and will instead buy a lot more pairs of gallivanters

Slightly off topic, but out of curiosity, did you find much difference between the icon blacks and the traditional icons offered through myjoy?

Just got the G/Fore x Peter Miller Brogue Gallivanters. I've worn Icon/Icon Blacks for the last few years and recently got 2 pairs of myjoys that rubbed bad blisters on my heel and top of my foot. I've since sent them back and needed some shoes to play mini tour tournaments in and the G Fore's are by far the best shoe I've ever worn out of the box. Most likely will sell the myjoys when I get my replacement pairs and will instead buy a lot more pairs of gallivanters

Slightly off topic, but out of curiosity, did you find much difference between the icon blacks and the traditional icons offered through myjoy?

I wear a 9.5 usually and found that the icon blacks fit more true to size and icons through myjoys fit about .5 size too big. I liked the fit and comfort of the icon blacks too with the cork insole

Ping G430 LST 7.5 Ventus TR Black 7X

Ping G430 LST 3 wood Ventus TR Blue 8X

TM GAPR Lo 17° KBS Graphite X

Ping Blueprint S KBS C Taper S+

Ping S159 49/54/59

TT DG TI S400

Ping PLD 2D

I recently purchased the g/fore brogue gallivanter by Peter Millar. I got the white with the blue sole. The shoes look great and are definitely high quality. I ordered a 9.5 which is my normal size in any type of shoe, but it was too small. I think the extra padding and cushioning throughout the shoe makes it fit more snug than its size. I'm exchanging for a size 10. NOTE: I have never owned a size 10 shoe of any kind! I'll update once I get my new shoes on this forum to confirm I've found the right fit. Attached are photos my girlfriend took before returning.

Good feedback so far, I have been eyeing these as well.. What is the longest anyone has played these? I am wondering about the spike durability not being interchangeable. I have the True Classix now, 3 pairs, and go through a couple spike changes a year on each rotating shoes pretty regularly.

Paradym 💎 💎 💎 10.5* AD VR 6tx

TSR 3 16.5* AD VR 7tx

TSR 2 21* AD IZ 7s

T100 4-5 Project X LZ

680MB 6-P Project X LZ

MG3 54 and 60

C&L CL2

Good feedback so far, I have been eyeing these as well.. What is the longest anyone has played these? I am wondering about the spike durability not being interchangeable. I have the True Classix now, 3 pairs, and go through a couple spike changes a year on each rotating shoes pretty regularly.

This is my second season having them and I haven't had any sort of slipping issue. The traction on these is awesome. Like everyone else has said, almost too good as it takes some effort to clean them out. The spike don't fill up to the point of causing slipping either. Personally, I'd rather deal with the cleaning issue over slipping any day.

I sent my shoes back and look forward to my refund.... They never bothered to return my phone call after I was on hold for 20 minutes so I'm kinda glad they didn't fit if this is the customer service

this company brings to the table.

Titleist Pro V1x

I recently purchased the g/fore brogue gallivanter by Peter Millar. I got the white with the blue sole. The shoes look great and are definitely high quality. I ordered a 9.5 which is my normal size in any type of shoe, but it was too small. I think the extra padding and cushioning throughout the shoe makes it fit more snug than its size. I'm exchanging for a size 10. NOTE: I have never owned a size 10 shoe of any kind! I'll update once I get my new shoes on this forum to confirm I've found the right fit. Attached are photos my girlfriend took before returning.

Interesting observation; I have the same ones and my normal size (10.5) was just fine. You're going to love them!

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

So I purchased the Disruptors in the same size that I bought my Gallivanters.

Got them in and they were a little big but not too bad. Got them out on the course today and they were way too big. The two rows of eyelets were almost touching each other and I don't have narrow feet by any means.

Needless to say they have to go. If anyone wants a pair of Snow Disruptors in size 9, PM me

Titleist TS3 9.5*
Titleist TS3 15*
Titleist 818 H2 19*
Miura CB57 4-6
Miura MB001 7-PW
Vokey SM7 Raw 52*
Vokey V Grind 56*
Vokey Low Bounce K 60*

I sent my shoes back and look forward to my refund.... They never bothered to return my phone call after I was on hold for 20 minutes so I'm kinda glad they didn't fit if this is the customer service

I read all of your posts in this thread; just curious as to what you wanted them to "fix" about them. Maybe they just aren't a good fit for your foot. Most of us have a brand or two that just don't work for us. You said they fit well with the stock insole removed; maybe you could have replaced them with an aftermarket insole that would have made them fit perfectly for you. Outside of returning them for a refund, I'm not sure what they could have done for you.

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

I read all of your posts in this thread; just curious as to what you wanted them to "fix" about them. Maybe they just aren't a good fit for your foot. Most of us have a brand or two that just don't work for us. You said they fit well with the stock insole removed; maybe you could have replaced them with an aftermarket insole that would have made them fit perfectly for you. Outside of returning them for a refund, I'm not sure what they could have done for you.

I meant to come back in and write this so thanks for your thoughts. I was in Northern VA earlier this week and was able to drop in Golfdom that sells GFore. I tried on a size 11 and they fit so the remedy for me is going a 1/2 size up. My issuse was when I called their customer service when the shoes didn't fit I sat on hold and decided to use the "Leave a Message" option and never got a return call to get advice on whether to return for refund or exchange. They indicate on their website to just buy the replacements and return the others for refund so that's what I could have done.

I did call them again and spoke to a very nice lady that advised me that my refund had been processed. I'm definitely ordering again and like the quality of the product.

Titleist Pro V1x

**update**

So a few things have happened since my first purchase. I originally bought size 9.5 and they were too small, so I called Peter Miller and ordered size 10. Upon recreiving the 10’s, I just didn’t feel the fit was right. They fit fine, but after playing and sweating in them, I was afraid they would be too loose.

Soooo, I ordered another size 9.5 to compare to be sure. I know, this sounds pretty neurotic at this point, but I really wanted these shoes to work. Anyway, I got my seconds pair 9.5 today and they fit perfect.

In summary, I’m happy I stuck it out. The shoes are great, but I just got a dud on the original size 9.5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got a pair of Brogue Gallivanters. Simply put they are the best golf shoes I've ever owned and its really not even close. I took the paper wad out of them and put them on for the first time... Walked 18 holes and had no problems at all. No blisters, no achy feet, nothing. I've never ever had a pair of golf shoes feel so comfortable right out of the box. The quality is second to none as well.

The traction is also excellent. I absolutely cannot play in spikeless shoes and I had absolutely no problem in the G/Fores. I'll be buying another pair.

Side question... Are you all utilizing shoe trees?