Project X T1100 Even Flow White

chch3

Played another 18 Tuesday late afternoon, in sweltering heat again, walking a course that was A LOT more hilly than I thought. All while wearing long pants because I came straight from work. I am happy to say that I did come to much better terms with the shaft, and got my desired flights back, most of the time.

What I noticed is that, much like the original HZRDUS T1100, tempo is really key for this shaft to do what you want it to do. Keep the acceleration up, you would be rewarded with what you were looking for. Even the slightest hiccup, driver with this shaft would mercilessly point out that you messed something up.

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally had some time alone with the EF T1100.

I did a driver shaft fitting this past winter and ended up in a 70ish gram stiff flex shaft playing 44" and a D4-5 swingweight. That shaft has been very good for me and the heavier shaft and heavier swingweight haven't been an issue. And the shorter length has really helped dispersion without sacrificing distance. Basically I'm really happy with my current set-up and not looking to change.

I got the EF T1100 65 in 6.0. I've typically gone with the 6.5 flex but after my fitting (and hitting multiple shafts in both flexes) and given my experience with the HZRDUS T1100 6.5 I decided to go with the 6.0. I built it to play 44" and added lead tape to the head to get the swingweight up to a hair above D4 so it was close to my current build.

The shaft keeps the feel of the Even Flow line...smooth, feel it load, yet stable. I played a EF Blue last year and this shaft is definitely more stable but doesn't seem to sacrifice a ton of feel. Maybe it was the heavier swingweight I built it at, but the shaft kicks like a mule. This isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO. I'm not a drawer of the ball and I certainly didn't get the EF T1100 to draw. Decent swings were typically straight to a fade, which is pretty normal for me. The bad swings though...watch out! I was slicing the ball into another zip code! Luckily those weren't all that frequent and I'll blame that on my crappy swing and not the equipment, as those kinds of results can happen with virtually any driver/shaft combo in my hands.

The shaft definitely handled anything I threw at it, and much like the HZRDUS T1100, seemed to shine when you stepped on it. Don't get me wrong, it was still good on those normal swings too. The surprising part for me was the flight - it was much higher than I expected. My driver is 10.5* and the flight with the EF T1100 was significantly higher than my current gamer. I think the higher flight was costing me some distance because at times it looked like the ball was being dropped out of an airplane...bombs away!! I'm going to play around with the adjustments and see if going to a lower loft with bring the flight down some. Even with all that, I really like the shaft and am interested to see what a few adjustments will do for me. I'm hoping they make a 75 gram 6.0 shaft in the works as I make like that a little more since it closer to what I have now. Actually I hope they make a 85 gram version too as I think the shaft could be really nice in a fairway too.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Finally had some time alone with the EF T1100.

I did a driver shaft fitting this past winter and ended up in a 70ish gram stiff flex shaft playing 44" and a D4-5 swingweight. That shaft has been very good for me and the heavier shaft and heavier swingweight haven't been an issue. And the shorter length has really helped dispersion without sacrificing distance. Basically I'm really happy with my current set-up and not looking to change.

I got the EF T1100 65 in 6.0. I've typically gone with the 6.5 flex but after my fitting (and hitting multiple shafts in both flexes) and given my experience with the HZRDUS T1100 6.5 I decided to go with the 6.0. I built it to play 44" and added lead tape to the head to get the swingweight up to a hair above D4 so it was close to my current build.

The shaft keeps the feel of the Even Flow line...smooth, feel it load, yet stable. I played a EF Blue last year and this shaft is definitely more stable but doesn't seem to sacrifice a ton of feel. Maybe it was the heavier swingweight I built it at, but the shaft kicks like a mule. This isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO. I'm not a drawer of the ball and I certainly didn't get the EF T1100 to draw. Decent swings were typically straight to a fade, which is pretty normal for me. The bad swings though...watch out! I was slicing the ball into another zip code! Luckily those weren't all that frequent and I'll blame that on my crappy swing and not the equipment, as those kinds of results can happen with virtually any driver/shaft combo in my hands.

The shaft definitely handled anything I threw at it, and much like the HZRDUS T1100, seemed to shine when you stepped on it. Don't get me wrong, it was still good on those normal swings too. The surprising part for me was the flight - it was much higher than I expected. My driver is 10.5* and the flight with the EF T1100 was significantly higher than my current gamer. I think the higher flight was costing me some distance because at times it looked like the ball was being dropped out of an airplane...bombs away!! I'm going to play around with the adjustments and see if going to a lower loft with bring the flight down some. Even with all that, I really like the shaft and am interested to see what a few adjustments will do for me. I'm hoping they make a 75 gram 6.0 shaft in the works as I make like that a little more since it closer to what I have now. Actually I hope they make a 85 gram version too as I think the shaft could be really nice in a fairway too.

There will be an 85g model just not sure if it’s coming to retail like the other EF did. Pretty sure it will in 6.5 flex maybe not in 6.0

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 100HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour

I am noticing that this shaft does feel lighter than others from a swing weight aspect.

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Played 36 on Sunday... I had planned to use T1100 in the morning and switch back to Black in the afternoon with concerns of losing control with tired swings. However, morning round took forever so I didn't get a chance (totally forgot) to make my adjustment before teeing off again. However I was able to hit most of my drives just as well as I did in the first round so I think I am on better understanding now on how to keep the shaft working.

I had 2 horrendous drives but both were totally on me, trying to hit semi slices to go around trees. It took a little more focus later in the round to really remind myself not to rush the downswing as the lower body isn't moving as quick as earlier but I was able to hit quite a few straight bombs even at the end of the 2nd round.

PXG SD 58*

Played 36 on Sunday... I had planned to use T1100 in the morning and switch back to Black in the afternoon with concerns of losing control with tired swings. However, morning round took forever so I didn't get a chance (totally forgot) to make my adjustment before teeing off again. However I was able to hit most of my drives just as well as I did in the first round so I think I am on better understanding now on how to keep the shaft working.

I had 2 horrendous drives but both were totally on me, trying to hit semi slices to go around trees. It took a little more focus later in the round to really remind myself not to rush the downswing as the lower body isn't moving as quick as earlier but I was able to hit quite a few straight bombs even at the end of the 2nd round.

How do you feel it compares to the Black? I would assume it's a little more stout with the T1100 in there.

How do you feel it compares to the Black? I would assume it's a little more stout with the T1100 in there.

It is definitely more stout than the Black. The biggest difference to me is Black does not seem to amplify the hiccups in your tempo as much as T1100. I haven't gone back to Black again for direct comparison yet but I will do that soon. I wished I didn't forget to change shaft yesterday.

PXG SD 58*

It is definitely more stout than the Black. The biggest difference to me is Black does not seem to amplify the hiccups in your tempo as much as T1100. I haven't gone back to Black again for direct comparison yet but I will do that soon. I wished I didn't forget to change shaft yesterday.

That's what I've loved about the black so far. No matter what kind of swing I put on it, it seems to respond. Reminds me of all the Diamana Whiteboard profiles, but just a bit smoother. I have no complaints at all with the EF Black. It's been awesome.

That's what I've loved about the black so far. No matter what kind of swing I put on it, it seems to respond. Reminds me of all the Diamana Whiteboard profiles, but just a bit smoother. I have no complaints at all with the EF Black. It's been awesome.

Yup that's precisely what I felt with the Black as well. For me personally, I think EF Black might be the best fit in driver. I do love the feel and flight on the EF White but it can and have jumped up and bit me in the arse a few times when I wasn't giving my full attention.

PXG SD 58*

Review video is up on my buddys page

Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Now I understand why you said yours felt light when mine was 4 points heavier. at 44.5" it definitely would be light if you didn't adjust with weight.

PXG SD 58*

Now I understand why you said yours felt light when mine was 4 points heavier. at 44.5" it definitely would be light if you didn't adjust with weight.

True, but I play all my shafts that length and this one feels the lightest

Seemore mFGP2 

can anyone compare these to the hzrdus yellow and black in 6.5?

It really is a different animal than both of those shafts. If I HAD to choose one that it is closest to, I would saw Yellow. The EF T1100 will be easier to load and have more of that kick at impact that you will feel with HZRDUS Yellow. For me the EF Black and T1100 launch a little higher than HZRDUS Yellow or Black and with a little less fade.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

can anyone compare these to the hzrdus yellow and black in 6.5?

It really is a different animal than both of those shafts. If I HAD to choose one that it is closest to, I would saw Yellow. The EF T1100 will be easier to load and have more of that kick at impact that you will feel with HZRDUS Yellow. For me the EF Black and T1100 launch a little higher than HZRDUS Yellow or Black and with a little less fade.

You're saying the EF Black and T1100(white?) had less fade for you? I've only so far compared the Yellow with EF Black and Yellow was much better for me. EF Black wanted to fade and borderline slice, sometimes block. Yellow was more of a cut on my "misses". Will hopefully be comparing the Hzrdus Black, Yellow, and EF White and Black sometime next week side by side. What is your SS and transition type?

Yes, for me I found the EvenFlow Black and White (T1100) was easier to turn over and I hit less of a fade with those models. For me the HZRDUS Black and Yellow go right just a little more with my very quick tempo and transition. I swing it around 110.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

Yes, for me I found the EvenFlow Black and White (T1100) was easier to turn over and I hit less of a fade with those models. For me the HZRDUS Black and Yellow go right just a little more with my very quick tempo and transition. I swing it around 110.

I would echo that. Entire EF line is easier to turn over comparing to HZRDUS line. There was no draw shots whatsoever for me with HZRDUS T1100 no matter how I tried.

PXG SD 58*

I wonder if the paint holds up better on this shaft than my t1100. Been using the t1100 since February and it is the most beat up and scratched shaft I have ever used and I take good care of my clubs and have a long headcover that protects part of the shaft.

HZRDUS T1100's shinny paint is some type of automotive chrome paint that cost insane amount of money and yes it scratched pretty easily. Actually it looks scratched even before it is really scratched.

EF T1100 has a dull white paint but curiously without the usual clear coat over it. It's been in my bag for about a month now and it definitely looks like holding up better than the chrome paint did.

PXG SD 58*

I wonder if the paint holds up better on this shaft than my t1100. Been using the t1100 since February and it is the most beat up and scratched shaft I have ever used and I take good care of my clubs and have a long headcover that protects part of the shaft.

HZRDUS T1100's shinny paint is some type of automotive chrome paint that cost insane amount of money and yes it scratched pretty easily. Actually it looks scratched even before it is really scratched.

EF T1100 has a dull white paint but curiously without the usual clear coat over it. It's been in my bag for about a month now and it definitely looks like holding up better than the chrome paint did.

Although I haven't played much golf lately I agree the paint seems to hold up nicely on the EF T1100

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 100HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour

I'll write up more now that I'm off 'vacation' --

The shaft is a more-burly version of the even flow black. As others have noted, it is anti left for most strikes except for aggressive transitions from the top. If u lean on it and get quick, it becomes tougher to time the kick. It DOES kick for me. If I put smooth swings on this shaft, it's as long as my Kuro XD, but the slightest uptick in tempo or rhythm and it can get wonky on u. For those who loved the black but wanted a touch firmer feel and a bit lower spin, this EF White T1100 is the ticket.

5f575ca449f086d193bb6ca887201720.jpg704c9832d1af21e461bd5aab7efe4f9f.jpg

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Played 9 holes with it tonight in a pretty stiff wind and here is my review;

From a build/spec standpoint: the shaft isn't counterbalanced like the HZRDUS T1100 it builds to about 1-1.5 points heavier than Even Flow black so more inline with HZRDUS Black. The butt end is .600" parallel like the HZRDUS line so no need to build up the bottom hand like the EF black and blues. It freq out quite a bit softer than the HZRDUS T1100 but still plays fairly firm feeling

Feel: not as smooth as I expected with the Even Flow name but nowhere close to the demanding feel of the HZRDUS T1100

Flight: seemed to be a touch lower than the EF Black I have used and a little less left prone with the stiffer tip section.

Overall I'd say this is more like the HZRDUS line than the Evenflow line. It's like a T1100 infused HZRDUS Black. (Not counterbalanced, low flight and .600 butt diameter)

I'll try and get some trackman numbers next week when I have time but let me know if you have any questions.

Are you able to compare this to Rogue Silver 125 MSI at all?

Again tough comparison because the feel of the rogue to me is so brittle feeling and it’s super counterbalanced. Flight wise I’d say this is a bit lower and easier to load compared to the rogue 125. Feel is much smoother than the rogue 125 but not as smooth as Atmos Black 7x I have that’s tipped 1”

Thanks for the compare. If it's smoother feeling than Rogue 125, I'm definitely interested. I'm playing a Rogue 70 Tour X 125 right now and while I'm getting good results with it, I'm not crazy about the counterbalanced overall very stiff feel. I can't speak for the Atmos Black as I haven't tried one. I may have to start trolling around to see if I can't get my grubby little paws on an Evenflow T1100

Titleist TS4 8.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X
Titleist 917F2 18* (turned down to 17.25*) Diamana S+ 80X
4 - 718 Titleist AP3 Project X 6.0
4-P 718 Titleist AP2 Project X 6.0
White Satin Mizuno MP T7 51-08 Modus 3 105X
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 55-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 59-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1

Played 9 holes with it tonight in a pretty stiff wind and here is my review;

From a build/spec standpoint: the shaft isn't counterbalanced like the HZRDUS T1100 it builds to about 1-1.5 points heavier than Even Flow black so more inline with HZRDUS Black. The butt end is .600" parallel like the HZRDUS line so no need to build up the bottom hand like the EF black and blues. It freq out quite a bit softer than the HZRDUS T1100 but still plays fairly firm feeling

Feel: not as smooth as I expected with the Even Flow name but nowhere close to the demanding feel of the HZRDUS T1100

Flight: seemed to be a touch lower than the EF Black I have used and a little less left prone with the stiffer tip section.

Overall I'd say this is more like the HZRDUS line than the Evenflow line. It's like a T1100 infused HZRDUS Black. (Not counterbalanced, low flight and .600 butt diameter)

I'll try and get some trackman numbers next week when I have time but let me know if you have any questions.

Are you able to compare this to Rogue Silver 125 MSI at all?

Again tough comparison because the feel of the rogue to me is so brittle feeling and it’s super counterbalanced. Flight wise I’d say this is a bit lower and easier to load compared to the rogue 125. Feel is much smoother than the rogue 125 but not as smooth as Atmos Black 7x I have that’s tipped 1”

Thanks for the compare. If it's smoother feeling than Rogue 125, I'm definitely interested. I'm playing a Rogue 70 Tour X 125 right now and while I'm getting good results with it, I'm not crazy about the counterbalanced overall very stiff feel. I can't speak for the Atmos Black as I haven't tried one. I may have to start trolling around to see if I can't get my grubby little paws on an Evenflow T1100

while i'm not FTUO - i felt like the EF T1100 was smoother than rogue 125, and rogue 130 platinum IMO.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

So I may need to correct my previous post. While I still think the shaft launches higher than I thought it would (maybe poor expectations on my part?) I don't think it really launches too high now that I have had some more time with it. It's been pretty hot and humid here recently and the ball has been flying. The flight is a little higher than my Evo IV but it's not any shorter. In fact, some good hits were longer than the Evo IV. I played around with adjusting the loft down and have decided that one or two clicks lower is where I get the flight I want. The more I hit it the more I like it.

Still not sure it will unseat the Evo IV. The feel is quite different. Not in a bad way, but when you get used to one thing it's hard to change quickly.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

After about a month of testing, I am back to my EF Black. It is a better fit for my swing as the White is still a bit too stiff for me.

After reviewing the numbers after each round, I can see noticeable drop off in distances later in the rounds even on the shots I know I totally flushed. I felt like I had to swing at least 90% just to get on term with the driver and even then I wasn't able to get to my normal distances later in the round. With the black, I can swing at my comfortable rhythm all day and have consistent numbers, and I can still step on it when I need to.

Basically, EF White is very much like the original HZRDUS T1100 in terms of stiffness. I would probably have been better served stepping down half a flex.

PXG SD 58*

After about a month of testing, I am back to my EF Black. It is a better fit for my swing as the White is still a bit too stiff for me.

After reviewing the numbers after each round, I can see noticeable drop off in distances later in the rounds even on the shots I know I totally flushed. I felt like I had to swing at least 90% just to get on term with the driver and even then I wasn't able to get to my normal distances later in the round. With the black, I can swing at my comfortable rhythm all day and have consistent numbers, and I can still step on it when I need to.

Basically, EF White is very much like the original HZRDUS T1100 in terms of stiffness. I would probably have been better served stepping down half a flex.

agree with this statement completely --

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”