2019 PGA Tour Schedule

QMany

DhvhZ_cU8AAOGEN.jpg

I love the big changes:

• Moving the PGA Championship into the 2-month gap between The Masters and US Open.
  • Moving The Players to March (in the middle of the Florida swing, where it makes sense).

I feel bad for the AT&T Byron Nelson at Trinity Forest, it is getting hosed moving to right before the US Open.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't really thought of it much before, but East Lake is a blah finish, IMHO. It just doesn't do it for me.

Taylormade TP5

Oct. 1-7: Safeway Open (Silverado Resort and Spa-North Course)

Oct. 8-14: CIMB Classic (TPC Kuala Lumpur)

Oct. 15-21: The CJ CUP @ Nine Bridges (Nine Bridges)

Oct. 22-28: World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions (Sheshan International Golf Club)

Oct. 22-28: Sanderson Farms Championship (Country Club of Jackson)

Oct. 29-Nov. 4: Shriners Hospitals for Children Open (TPC Summerlin)

Nov. 5-11: Mayakoba Golf Classic (El Camaleon Golf Club at the Mayakoba Resort)

Nov. 12-18: The RSM Classic (Sea Island Resort)

Dec. 31-Jan. 6: Sentry Tournament of Champions (Kapalua Resort)

Jan. 7-13: Sony Open in Hawaii (Waialae Country Club)

Jan. 14-20: CareerBuilder Challenge (PGA West Stadium Course, multiple courses)

Jan. 21-27: Farmers Insurance Open (Torrey Pines Golf Course)

Jan. 28-Feb. 3: Waste Management Phoenix Open (TPC Scottsdale Stadium Course)

Feb. 4-10: AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am (Pebble Beach Golf Links, multiple courses)

Feb. 11-17: Genesis Open (The Riviera Country Club)

Feb. 18-24: World Golf Championships-Mexico Championship (Club de Golf Chapultepec)

Feb. 18-24: Puerto Rico Open (Coco Beach Golf & Country Club

Feb. 25-Mar 3: The Honda Classic (PGA National Resort & Spa)

March 4-10: Arnold Palmer Invitational (Bay Hill Club and Lodge)

March 11-17: The Players Championship (TPC Sawgrass)

March 18-24: Valspar Championship (Innisbrook Resort)

March 25-31: World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play (Austin Country Club)

March 25-31: Corales Puntacana Resort & Club Championship Puntacana Resort & Club (Corales Golf Course)

April 1-7: Valero Texas Open (TPC San Antonio)

April 8-14: Masters Tournament (Augusta National Golf Club)

April 15-21: RBC Heritage (Harbour Town Golf Links)

April 22-28: Zurich Classic of New Orleans (TPC Louisiana)

April 29-May 5: Wells Fargo Championship (Quail Hollow Club)

May 6-12: AT&T Byron Nelson (Trinity Forest Golf Club)

May 13-19: PGA Championship (Bethpage State Park)

May 20-26: Charles Schwab Challenge (Colonial Country Club)

May 27-June 2: The Memorial Tournament (Muirfield Village Golf Club)

June 3-9: RBC Canadian Open (Hamilton Golf & Country Club)

June 10-16: U.S. Open (Pebble Beach Golf Links)

June 17-23: Travelers Championship (TPC River Highlands)

June 24-30: Rocket Mortgage Classic (Detroit Golf Club)

July 1-7: 3M Open (TPC Twin Cities)

July 8-14: John Deere Classic (TPC Deere Run)

July 15-21: The Open Championship (Royal Portrush Golf Club)

July 15-21: Barbasol Championship (Keene Trace Golf Club)

July 22-28: World Golf Championships-FedEx St. Jude Invitational (TPC Southwind)

July 22-28: Reno-Tahoe Tournament (Montrêux Golf and Country Club)

July 29-Aug. 4: Wyndham Championship (Sedgefield Country Club)

FedEx Cup Playoffs

Aug. 5-11: The Northern Trust (Liberty National Golf Club)

Aug. 12-18: BMW Championship (Medinah Country Club)

Aug. 19-25: Tour Championship (East Lake Golf Club)

Only 3 playoff events? Sad to see no Houston, at least for this season.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X
Titleist TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

Yeah, it is a little quirky with the wraparound season. It is my understanding we'll see Houston and Greenbriar in Fall 2019, as part of the 2020 season.

Taylormade TP5

I hadn't really thought of it much before, but East Lake is a blah finish, IMHO. It just doesn't do it for me.

I agree, East Lake doesn't make for great TV. I'd like to see the Tournament Championship rotate and get a little more hype behind it. It should be a flagship event and has never really felt like it.

Yeah, it is a little quirky with the wraparound season. It is my understanding we'll see Houston and Greenbriar in Fall 2019, as part of the 2020 season.

Yeah, note that there's no September up there. It's not like they're going to take the whole month off. The weather at the Greenbriar is going to be way nicer in September than it ever is in July, so that's a good move IMO. I don't know Houston well enough to guess at spring vs. fall weather.

I'm curious what they're going to do about a yearly Boston tournament. Seems strange that they're going with every other year (Northern Trust: alternating between Liberty National and TPC Boston). AFAIK the Boston tournament has always been well supported, never had a problem attracting sponsors, etc. Maybe a September date that alternates between Boston and NJ opposite years as the Northern Trust?

Though I understand it, the idea of a super condensed schedule for the sole reason of being afraid of NFL's shadow is highly annoying. Fall is the best season to Golf imo.

Also, way too many important tournaments in a row in this stretch:

Jan. 21-27: Farmers Insurance Open (Torrey Pines Golf Course)

Jan. 28-Feb. 3: Waste Management Phoenix Open (TPC Scottsdale Stadium Course)

Feb. 4-10: AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am (Pebble Beach Golf Links, multiple courses)

Feb. 11-17: Genesis Open (The Riviera Country Club)

Feb. 18-24: World Golf Championships-Mexico Championship (Club de Golf Chapultepec)

Feb. 25-Mar 3: The Honda Classic (PGA National Resort & Spa)

March 4-10: Arnold Palmer Invitational (Bay Hill Club and Lodge)

March 11-17: The Players Championship (TPC Sawgrass)

March 18-24: Valspar Championship (Innisbrook Resort)

March 25-31: World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play (Austin Country Club)

And there's a month of nothingness between the US and British Open.

I'm curious what they're going to do about a yearly Boston tournament. Seems strange that they're going with every other year (Northern Trust: alternating between Liberty National and TPC Boston). AFAIK the Boston tournament has always been well supported, never had a problem attracting sponsors, etc. Maybe a September date that alternates between Boston and NJ opposite years as the Northern Trust?

The Travelers isn't too bad of a drive for Boston area fans.

I'm glad they finally came out with the schedule. It's about what people have said it would be. Yes, Greenbriar

is moving to the fall in 2019. They came out and announced that during the tournament. I guess the fall

schedule will expand a little. Probably play it in late Sept.

Overall this is a welcomed move and long overdue IMO. Everyone knows the NFL is #1 so best to wrap up

the playoffs in August.

Yeah, note that there's no September up there. It's not like they're going to take the whole month off. The weather at the Greenbriar is going to be way nicer in September than it ever is in July, so that's a good move IMO. I don't know Houston well enough to guess at spring vs. fall weather.

It's witheringly humid, just one season is closer to Christmas. Even the mosquitoes sweat like hell and wear bug repellant.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

Where a tournament is on the schedule may not be as important as how well the tournament is run

and the amenities on site. Both the Heritage and the Travelers have done very well right after a major.

And being the week before a major isn't all that bad as many players like to play the week before.

The condensed schedule will be tougher though as players need breaks during the season and have

to fit them in somewhere without missing all the big tournaments.

Florida swing looks good...API should be in good shape, still. No one will attend the Valspar though, lol. Weekend after TPC Sawgrass? Yikes.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

The Travelers isn't too bad of a drive for Boston area fans.

True enough, it just seems strange to only have a Boston stop every other year. Also Jay Monahan was the tournament director when it launched as the Deutsche Bank so I'm surprised to see it go--you'd think if there was any tournament that needed an advocate it'd be impossible to find someone better placed than Monahan.

i don't know that the byron nelson classic will be hurt all that much being the week before the pga ... after the masters, which concludes a good bit of fairly big tournaments, there's the heritage and the zurich ... lot of guys will take those 2 weeks off ... lot of big name guys ... then it's the wf, which a lot will play, but the nelson could be part of a 3 week swing after a long layoff ...

I love the big changes:

• Moving the PGA Championship into the 2-month gap between The Masters and US Open.
  • Moving The Players to March (in the middle of the Florida swing, where it makes sense).

I feel bad for the AT&T Byron Nelson at Trinity Forest, it is getting hosed moving to right before the US Open.

Typo I know, but that's the Canadian Open getting stuffed.

I don't think any top player that doesn't have an RBC logo on their shirt is going to play it in between Jack's tourney and Pebble.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Another area of condensed tournaments is at the end. The top players are looking at this finish in July/ August

British Open

WGC-Memphis

Wyndham (Olympics)

Fed Ex Playoff

Fed Ex Playoff

Fed Ex Playoff

That's five weeks out of six for the top 30.

If you play Scotland like Phil, Rickie, Reed, Hideki and Kuchar are this week, that's six out seven.

I love the big changes:

I don't think any top player that doesn't have an RBC logo on their shirt is going to play it in between Jack's tourney and Pebble.

It may do better with a northeast US Open though.

The real question is what does this do to US Open qualifying. Is the second "pro site" going to be in Canada? If they play it in someplace like Buffalo do they need to shift another site around to accommodate the Mid-South?

I love the big changes:

The real question is what does this do to US Open qualifying. Is the second "pro site" going to be in Canada? If they play it in someplace like Buffalo do they need to shift another site around to accommodate the Mid-South?

Oh sure. Week-before major tournies always suffer, 2019 just looks like a particularly bad year potential strength of field wise for the Canadian Open.

It does lead to a further question, why didn't the Canadian open folks try and pair up the tourney with the US Open? Unless of course no club in Vancouver wanted to host it next year.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I love the big changes:

Oh sure. Week-before major tournies always suffer, 2019 just looks like a particularly bad year potential strength of field wise for the Canadian Open.

It does lead to a further question, why didn't the Canadian open folks try and pair up the tourney with the US Open? Unless of course no club in Vancouver wanted to host it next year.

I read an article a couple of months ago where the Canadian Open officials were trying to do such a matchup. They probably didn't have enough time to move to a Vancouver location for 2019. I would expect a western location for the Canadian Open when the US Open comes back to the west coast next time.

Another area of condensed tournaments is at the end. The top players are looking at this finish in July/ August

British Open

WGC-Memphis

Wyndham (Olympics)

Fed Ex Playoff

Fed Ex Playoff

Fed Ex Playoff

If you play Scotland like Phil, Rickie, Reed, Hideki and Kuchar are this week, that's six out seven.

That's not all that different than what we have now, even with the FedEx stuff shifting closer to the Open and the PGA moving. With the FedEx at four tournaments you were getting guys skipping one of them. That's a really bad look for the tour, so they go to three FedEx events going forward, but it's still 5/6 under either the old or new schedule. The difference is with the new schedule you have a choice whether to skip the Wyndham or Memphis, whereas before lots of people skipped Wyndham and some high profile names blew off one of the FedExes, especially if they had a commitment to the Wyndham.

Right now, IIRC, it's:

PGA

Wyndham

FedEx

FedEx

FedEx

FedEx

The new setup is marginally better IMO, though I still think both "playoffs" and a "wrap around season" are dumb ideas that lead to these silly scheduling compromises. But hey, follow the money I suppose.

And there's a month of nothingness between the US and British Open.

Hopefully that means the Irish Open and Scottish Open might get more top players now - assuming they keep a similar sched to this season.

Could definitely see more of the European players hanging out over there for 3 weeks.

F.T.

British Open

WGC-Memphis

Wyndham (Olympics)

Fed Ex Playoff

Fed Ex Playoff

Fed Ex Playoff

That's not all that different than what we have now, even with the FedEx stuff shifting closer to the Open and the PGA moving. With the FedEx at four tournaments you were getting guys skipping one of them. That's a really bad look for the tour, so they go to three FedEx events going forward, but it's still 5/6 under either the old or new schedule. The difference is with the new schedule you have a choice whether to skip the Wyndham or Memphis, whereas before lots of people skipped Wyndham and some high profile names blew off one of the FedExes, especially if they had a commitment to the Wyndham.

Right now, IIRC, it's:

PGA

Wyndham

FedEx

FedEx

FedEx

FedEx

The new setup is marginally better IMO, though I still think both "playoffs" and a "wrap around season" are dumb ideas that lead to these silly scheduling compromises. But hey, follow the money I suppose.

Many years there has been a skip week in the Fed Ex playoffs. Sometimes after Boston and sometimes right before the Tour Championship.

And with FedEx being the sponsor of the WGC-Memphis, you can rest assured that there will be as much arm twisting as possible to make sure everyone shows up there.