2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Ping I210 irons & Glide forged wedge

GolfWRX

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we really want or need to hit our 8 iron as far as our current 6 iron? Players irons claiming increased distance sort of confuse me. The i500's by design would seem to appeal to the lower cap player but I don't know many who struggle with iron distance. Quite the opposite most of my buddies will actually weaken lofts to increase control and fill gaps. I'm not knocking them just seems an unusual iron segment. Would this mean if one owns this set PW-4 they likely would no longer need a hybrid?

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I'll have to test them both, but if the i500s produce p790 distance, I'm out. Just got rid of mine because the distances were all over the map.

Both look awesome.

Distance is long but its consistent so far that I have seen. I hit about 60 balls with the 7 iron during my fitting and minus any bad shots due to me the distance was within 3-4 yards dispersion shortest to longest on solid strikes.

Do we really want or need to hit our 8 iron as far as our current 6 iron? Players irons claiming increased distance sort of confuse me. The i500's by design would seem to appeal to the lower cap player but I don't know many who struggle with iron distance. Quite the opposite actually most of my buddies will actually weaken lofts to increase control and fill gaps. I'm not knocking them just seems an unusual iron segment.

I'm guessing that's where the I210 will fit in. I500 is just another option on the market for those that want it. Ping seems to have all bases covered with their current lineup.

When is the official release? I would like to know some pricing on the i500 and specs..

Anyone?

no pricing yet.

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X

When is the official release? I would like to know some pricing on the i500 and specs..

Anyone?

no pricing yet.

Any idea when the "official" release is?

Ping G430 10* Tensei orange

Callaway Paradym 16.5 Hzrdus

Ping G430 19*&22* Evnflow black

Srixon ZX5 MKii 5-GW DG

Vokey SM9 54*&58*

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Vice Pro

Anyone?

no pricing yet.

Any idea when the "official" release is?

i think we will be getting full info Monday

WITB:

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Chrome Soft X

Are all the "I don't understand who these appeal to" posts the new golf Wrx humble brag? We get it, you already hit your irons way too far and couldn't imagine a player who is decent ball striker but doesn't hit a 180 yard 7 iron but, gasp, they exist. So much so that Callaway pxg titleist and Taylor made are making a fair amount of money by targeting them.

Are all the "I don't understand who these appeal to" posts the new golf Wrx humble brag? We get it, you already hit your irons way too far and couldn't imagine a player who is decent ball striker but doesn't hit a 180 yard 7 iron but, gasp, they exist. So much so that Callaway pxg titleist and Taylor made are making a fair amount of money by targeting them.

Exactly. I have a 96 mph 7 iron and carry in the 190s and loved every aspect of the i500s. Distance was consistent and I spun these in mid 6ks with moon shot stopping power.

Alot of people claim to carry a 32-34 lofted 7 iron 180+ but in reality are just being keyboard warriors and likely have never seen a trackman or gc quad.

A friend of mine sent this to me today. Interesting to see where i500 lands in the line up.

Ping is just killing it right now!!

2018-07-10.png

I was coming to post this. Well, not the graphic...as an account holder I'd risk losing my account if I posted the slide...but to say that the i500 is positioned as being equal in forgiveness to the i210, but considerably longer/more ball speed. PING is clear to say that the i210 will be the best feeling iron they've made, and the i500...might not be. But will be up to 4mph faster ballspeed than the i210 iron for iron. That being said, I ordered my i500 set last week. Lol!

But isn't that due to stronger lofts?

A friend of mine sent this to me today. Interesting to see where i500 lands in the line up.

2018-07-10.png

I was coming to post this. Well, not the graphic...as an account holder I'd risk losing my account if I posted the slide...but to say that the i500 is positioned as being equal in forgiveness to the i210, but considerably longer/more ball speed. PING is clear to say that the i210 will be the best feeling iron they've made, and the i500...might not be. But will be up to 4mph faster ballspeed than the i210 iron for iron. That being said, I ordered my i500 set last week. Lol!

this. If you are looking for more distance and the i210 is suppose to feel quit a bit better then i500 then why not just order i210 2 degrees strong

2018-07-10.png

this. If you are looking for more distance and the i210 is suppose to feel quit a bit better then i500 then why not just order i210 2 degrees strong
power spec is an option for just that!

WITB:

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Chrome Soft X

2018-07-10.png

I haven't hit them yet, I will when mine arrive in about a week and a half, but from all I saw and read, the additional ball speed is from the face flexing so much at impact. They also launch a lot higher than the i210s, so the lofts were strengthened to bring the flight back down to try and match the ball flight window of the i210s (iron for iron). PING is very adamant that the stronger lofts were after the fact, as the presentation keys on how high/how easy the i500s launch the ball.

2018-07-10.png

I haven't hit them yet, I will when mine arrive in about a week and a half, but from all I saw and read, the additional ball speed is from the face flexing so much at impact. They also launch a lot higher than the i210s, so the lofts were strengthened to bring the flight back down to try and match the ball flight window of the i210s (iron for iron). PING is very adamant that the stronger lofts were after the fact, as the presentation keys on how high/how easy the i500s launch the ball.

That's how my ping fitter put it. I was still seeing mid 6kish spin numbers with tour B xs balls with those lofts on a 7 iron while still hitting it high.

I got to hit both the i210 and i500, but with different shafts. I500 had the dg 105 stiff and i210 had the awt 2.0 regular.

The i210 felt softer but it could have been the shaft difference. The i210 seemed more accurate and consistent while i500 was a little longer.

They both seemed to feel as good as my epon irons. I hit them on the range with my mevo and pinnical range balls into a head wind. So not ideal situation. I had several around 145 carry with the i210 and some 149-151 with the i500.

I would like to try the modus 105 and dg120 before making a decision. I have dg pro s300 in my epon.

If I would order right now it would probably be i210 with dg 120 or modus 105 power spec since the i210 seemed more accurate and consistent.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

I got to hit both the i210 and i500, but with different shafts. I500 had the dg 105 stiff and i210 had the awt 2.0 regular.

The i210 felt softer but it could have been the shaft difference. The i210 seemed more accurate and consistent while i500 was a little longer.

They both seemed to feel as good as my epon irons. I hit them on the range with my mevo and pinnical range balls into a head wind. So not ideal situation. I had several around 145 carry with the i210 and some 149-151 with the i500.

I would like to try the modus 105 and dg120 before making a decision. I have dg pro s300 in my epon.

If I would order right now it would probably be i210 with dg 120 or modus 105 power spec since the i210 seemed more accurate and consistent.

after reading your post, my preference for the i210 definitely could have been partly due to it having the modus vs the dg 105 in the i500. The 210 still felt way better to me off of the face.

WITB:

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Chrome Soft X

after reading your post, my preference for the i210 definitely could have been partly due to it having the modus vs the dg 105 in the i500. The 210 still felt way better to me off of the face.

Did you notice a difference in flight and dispersion? Did you swap shafts?

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

For those who have hit or even seen the 210; were you able to test several clubs from the set? The blade length seems to be quite a bit longer in the long irons. Is it just the pics, or do the heads get progressively longer through the set when compared to the other clubs in this segment?

G430 Max 9* - Ventus Blue 
Stealth 15* - Tour AD-IZ 

U505 2i - Hzrdus Black rdx

T200u 4i - Tour AD
Fly Z + 5-P - PX LZ

T20 50*

Jaws Raw 54 & 59*
Versa 7
Tour B X

Did you notice a difference in flight and dispersion? Did you swap shafts?

the 500 flew lower for me, did not swap shafts.

Was only able to hit 7i

WITB:

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Chrome Soft X

do these irons really have the name and dot color stamped on the toe? or is this just pictures of prototypes? the name on toe is bad enough, but the lie angle reference in color too?

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36"