Ping I210 irons & Glide forged wedge

GolfWRX

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit both i500 and i210.....not even close on sound/feel side.... i210 all day....I gained one club easily over my psi forged tour although lofts are essentially the same! No brainer and flushed feel with i210 was extremely pleasing...

More to come

I felt the same for sure

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X

Hit both i500 and i210.....not even close on sound/feel side.... i210 all day....I gained one club easily over my psi forged tour although lofts are essentially the same! No brainer and flushed feel with i210 was extremely pleasing...

More to come

I felt the same for sure

On an executive course the results even more amazing.....using same ball, I was consistently 10-13 yes longer than my current set....I'd like to know the technology behind these irons....no pun intended....lofts are 33* i210 7i and 34* psi forged tour 7i....shafts are different however and that could be it....I really don't care as they fly higher and further with no loss of dispersion. Can't wait to see complete set in person....man

Damn it Swoosh. Stop it. I have myself convinced I won't gain a thing by getting the I210's over my 56's. You guys ain't making it easy on me! :)

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Damn it Swoosh. Stop it. I have myself convinced I won't gain a thing by getting the I210's over my 56's. You guys ain't making it easy on me! :)

Funny thing is a young lefty on the range with S56 and dgs300 irons....I asked him to take a smack with i210....ever so slightly larger and for this old guy pleasing to the eye....well shaft wrong for him and all yet he looked at me with that perplexing look....like WHAT IS THIS!? Wrong shaft both flex and weight but he LOVED everything about it....take it for what it's worth.

After hitting the I210's on the course are you guys seeing any wear issues with the new finish? Or does it seem more durable than the I200's?

Titleist TSI3 9.5 / Ventus TR Blue 60x
Titleist TS2 15* / Aldila Phenom 70x
Titleist TS2 18* / Aldila Phenom 70x
Titleist 913H 21* / Hazrdous Smoke 6.5

Titleist T200 / T150 5-G / Modus 105S
Titleist Vokey SM8 56 / 60
Scotty X5

do these irons really have the name and dot color stamped on the toe? or is this just pictures of prototypes? the name on toe is bad enough, but the lie angle reference in color too?

Are you serious?

obviously has never hit demos before

apparently a dumb question, but yeah i don't hit demos. typically buy and sell on ebay.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

Hit i210, i500, cobra Forged Tec black, and AP3 against each other on the range. Best dispersion, solid strikes, and control was the i210. Went to fitter and ordered 5-U with KBS Stiff. Hit AWT, project x 6.0, and DG 105 against each other. KBS was longest, most accurate and felt the best. It was also recommendation from Mizuno shaft optimizer. I was swinging 7 iron around 81-83 mph. I’needed to bring launch angle down so he did power spec. $125 a club. Said a July 31st ship. Very excited.

PING G410 LST 9° Ping Tour 65 S

PING Tisi Tec 14° Fairway Aldila 350 S

Cobra Aerojet Hybrid 19° KBS PGI S

PING iCrossover 22° Ping Tour 85 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Pro 5-G DG 105 S

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52° DG Spinner 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 58° DG Spinner 115

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5

Does anyone know the blade length on the 210? Looks to be around that 77-79mm range?

Driver - Titleist TSi2 8* - Mitsubishi Tensei Raw White 6s

4w Cobra F6 Baffler - Evenflow RED 6.0 75g

DI - Cobra One Utility - Paderson SLS 110 shaft

5-GW PXG Gen4 XP - Elevate 95g Stiff

50* Cleveland Zipcore full face - TI S400

56* Tmag Big Foot - TI S400

Taylormade Tour Spider Silver  

I hit both the i500 and i210 (7 irons) yesterday with my favorite steel shaft. Both are really good looking irons both in the bag and behind the ball.

I found the i500 about 6 yards longer than the i210. Both provided soft, high ball flight but not crazy high. Both are plenty forgiving and the edge might go to the i500.

As for sound, feel, and really everything but distance and a tiny bit of forgiveness I would take the i210 all day long. It set up much like my current TM P770 and I think performance is very much alike. The P770 is softer but the i210 feels good enough to put in my bag. The i500 did not.

I can also say I prefer the i210 over the i200.

Having been a Ping s55 player in the past, neither of these irons really tick the same boxes for me. The s55 just has that solid feel when compressing the ball that a lot of irons do not have. Having said that, if I were picking a brand new set of Pings for my bag today, the i210 would be my choice. I think you can get s55 performance without having to work so hard at it if that makes sense? I think they will be consistently good with good swings and still pretty good with small misses. The s55's pretty much give you what you put on them.

Just one guys short take!

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

I hit both the i500 and i210 (7 irons) yesterday with my favorite steel shaft. Both are really good looking irons both in the bag and behind the ball.

I found the i500 about 6 yards longer than the i210. Both provided soft, high ball flight but not crazy high. Both are plenty forgiving and the edge might go to the i500.

As for sound, feel, and really everything but distance and a tiny bit of forgiveness I would take the i210 all day long. It set up much like my current TM P770 and I think performance is very much alike. The P770 is softer but the i210 feels good enough to put in my bag. The i500 did not.

Having been a Ping s55 player in the past, neither of these irons really tick the same boxes for me. The s55 just has that solid feel when compressing the ball that a lot of irons do not have. Having said that, if I were picking a brand new set of Pings for my bag today, the i210 would be my choice. I think you can get s55 performance without having to work so hard at it if that makes sense? I think they will be consistently good with good swings and still pretty good with small misses. The s55's pretty much give you what you put on them.

Never had the honor of S55 but with their history, I love this response..... ya'll might as well jump on the train! Gonna be a fun ride with these 2 offerings.....and less not forget, there is an iblade replacement DTR!

Never had the honor of S55 but with their history, I love this response..... ya'll might as well jump on the train! Gonna be a fun ride with these 2 offerings.....and less not forget, there is an iblade replacement DTR!

i never thought about going power spec previously, but I think I’m going to get on the train. They will gap just fine with my wedges and a little extra distance will be fine

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X

i never thought about going power spec previously, but I think I’m going to get on the train. They will gap just fine with my wedges and a little extra distance will be fine

I'm more in need of trajectory particularly in the longer irons....I tried iblade albeit in a poor setup, and found the 5i very easy to elevate but 3/4 not as much.....these are great on misses

Did I read there was also a retro spec with weaker lofts or if I want them a little weaker will I just need to specify lofts when ordering?

Callaway Mavrik 9* - Rogue 125 70TX
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* - Riptide 70 6.5
Cobra King 3 Utility - Kuro Kage 100X

Wilson FG Tour V6 - X100
Glide 3.0 46, 51, 56, 60 - X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Are the power spec irons from a different cast or do they just bend standards? I am asking cause I am concerned with the bounce if they do. Thanks in advance!

I think they are the same cast and will impact bounce.

PING G410 LST 9° Ping Tour 65 S

PING Tisi Tec 14° Fairway Aldila 350 S

Cobra Aerojet Hybrid 19° KBS PGI S

PING iCrossover 22° Ping Tour 85 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Pro 5-G DG 105 S

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52° DG Spinner 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 58° DG Spinner 115

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5