WRX selling practices? I said I'll buy for asking then turns around and sells to another after...

Barfolomew

Hey Guys! So I said I would buy some new balls for asking price today PMd for paypal addy....but he wasnt on and he responds half hour later but I was only on for 10 mins after.... I get home from gym and he sold them already. Now I have many years of forum experience softball/cars/camera etc... and normally the seller gives the buyer a reasonable amount of time to pay for them specially if they have good feedback like me.

Whats the etiquette on wrx cause I thought it wasnt cool. People dont just hang out online waiting hours for responses so gotta give people time to pay etc... when a price is agreed upon or says I'll take for asking.

Thanks!

Can't figure how to like my own posts

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no rules here. It's ironic, since this game is supposed to be about honor and integrity. You'd think that telling someone that they have a deal would result in payment. Unfortunately, people back out all the time.

TC Callaway Epic Sub Zero / Fujikura Ventus Black 7 X

TA Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond-T 14° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 X 

Callaway UW 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 X

Titleist TSi3 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 TX

Callaway X Forged UT '21 25°/ Nippon Modus 125-X HS1x 

Srixon Z785 6-PW / Nippon Modus 125-X HS1x

50F Vokey SM8 Jet Black / Nippon Super Peening Blue X

54K Vokey Tour Design Raw / Nippon Super Peening Blue X

58K Vokey SM8 Jet Black / BGT ZNE 130

Piretti Potenza Cu plated 360g / BGT Stability Shaft  

It always goes to the first one to pay.

Always.

Always.

As someone who's bought/sold a lot on here, just telling a seller "I'll take it, send Paypal address" means nothing. I've had so many people back out in cases like that its not even funny. And usually it means letting other potential buyers walk away while you're waiting on the guy who eventually backs out on you.

In this case it seems to me the seller responded in a reasonable amount of time. Dont mean to be too harsh but honestly OP, if you really wanted the item, you probably should have waited the extra twenty minutes to go to the gym.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Hey Guys! So I said I would buy some new balls for asking price today PMd for paypal addy....but he wasnt on and he responds half hour later but I was only on for 10 mins after.... I get home from gym and he sold them already. Now I have many years of forum experience softball/cars/camera etc... and normally the seller gives the buyer a reasonable amount of time to pay for them specially if they have good feedback like me.

Whats the etiquette on wrx cause I thought it wasnt cool. People dont just hang out online waiting hours for responses so gotta give people time to pay etc... when a price is agreed upon or says I'll take for asking.

Thanks!

If I am the seller, and there is an offer and acceptance, then I feel bound to honor that...even if a better offer comes up later.

Thanks!

If I am the seller, and there is an offer and acceptance, then I feel bound to honor that...even if a better offer comes up later.

I agree, Sean. And have done just that. If I accept the offer, then I work with the buyer to receive payment within a reasonable amount of time. I’ve turned down higher offers after I’ve accepted an offer because I think that’s the right way to go, and what I’d hope for from a seller when I am the buyer. That said....if someone strings you along, selling to someone else after fair notice is also appropriate.

Thanks!

I agree, Sean. And have done just that. If I accept the offer, then I work with the buyer to receive payment within a reasonable amount of time. I’ve turned down higher offers after I’ve accepted an offer because I think that’s the right way to go, and what I’d hope for from a seller when I am the buyer. That said....if someone strings you along, selling to someone else after fair notice is also appropriate.

I think this is the best way to go about it.

I know from listing a few items recently. It's not uncommon to have multiple offers come in within a few moments of each other.

I usually read them all before responding. If one is committing right there and asking for PayPal and others are counter offering or asking for more info. I'm going to accept the one that committed. Even if it came in within 20 to 30 minutes of others.

I had someone get upset at me last year as he didn't believe he wasn't the first to reply.

I of course reply to all inquiries letting them know I've accepted another offer.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

From the sellers point of view you could have been one of the many flakes that populate the BST. There are probably dozens if not hundreds of examples given about how sellers have given their PP addy only to never hear from the "buyer" again. Unless he said pay me by 3pm and its yours and sold them to someone else at 2:30pm then I have no issue with him selling them to someone else. This is especially true, if I understand your timeline correctly, that he sent you his PP info and you saw his message(which he can see that you read) and then you went dark for some period of hours.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

I will give the buyer and hour or so then go down the line. If it is a buyer with a decent feedback score I will give them a little longer, these stars should mean something. The flaking issue has gotten really bad the last couple years.

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* Matrix 8M3
3 Wood: TM 16 M2 13* Diamana Thump 75
4-7 Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler 19* PX Evenflow
4 Iron: TM RSI TP UDI Aldila Rip'd VS Proto
5-PW: Bridgestone J15DF KBS C-Taper
50,56,60: Callaway MD3, Vokey TVD, Mizuno T7
Putter: Method 003, Bettinardi Queen B7

no ticky, no laundry.

You're fired! (in fed ex logo)

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* Matrix 8M3
3 Wood: TM 16 M2 13* Diamana Thump 75
4-7 Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler 19* PX Evenflow
4 Iron: TM RSI TP UDI Aldila Rip'd VS Proto
5-PW: Bridgestone J15DF KBS C-Taper
50,56,60: Callaway MD3, Vokey TVD, Mizuno T7
Putter: Method 003, Bettinardi Queen B7

Not totally clear of the whole timeline of correspondence between the seller and the OP.

The devil is in the detail....... and if the seller believe he treats everyone fairly, he should receive payment pronto after account info was exchanged. I had also had buyers said I'll take it and then never hear from them for a long time. A simple promise to buy does not bond the deal together. It's the sequence of communication and the execution of the promises from the communication counts.

If the buyer said I'll take it, the seller should send payment info as soon as possible ( otherwise explained ), then the buyer should send funds immediately thereafter ( otherwise communicated to the seller of why not, and the seller could accept the delay or not ).

As in most of the contractual dispute rules in the past, any notices from either of the parties changes the the body of the whole contract....including past agreement and such. Keep it simple stupid and keep it clear.

Never assume anything unless clarified by both sides.

I will take it.......pp sent... payment sent , thx...... payment received thx.....tracking #......received thx.....

Sounds kind of messed up. If someone has agreed to buy I will put Sale pending on the thread and then give them some time to pay. If no payment I will send a PM and give them a chance to respond. If they do not respond in an hour or two I will then offer to the next in line.

I understand that some people have jobs that they can not be online during the day. But I must say if you are one of those people you need to state that when you agree to purchase. Just put in your message that you do want the item but can not get back on line until x:xx time to make the payment. I think most sellers would be cool with that?!

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

First to pay gets it. Period. No reason to get butthurt. Why would a seller risk losing a sale if someone doesnt pay? Once an ad gets to the 2nd page on bst, it's less likely to sell.

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Kaili White 60X
  • TM SIM Ti 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

If I had a dollar for every person that messaged me “I’ll take it! What’s your PayPal?”, then disappeared, I wouldn’t need to sell my used golf equipment to fund new purchases.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

First to pay. Always. Dozens and dozens of times I've had the "I'll take it - what's your paypal?"

Typically if I'm buying something, and send someone a message, I'll try to be online, or on mobile, refreshing the PM pretty often until I get a reply.

Unfortunately, as a seller, you just don't know who will be the guy who gets the paypal address and sits on it or who sends payment immediately.

Some flavor of the month driver.
Some driving iron for Links courses.

A hybrid to save my bad shots.
Titleist blades when I feel lucky otherwise something more forgiving.
A Vokey wedge or 2.
I hate every one of my 17 putters.

I was a potential buyer this week where the seller sent out the PayPal to multiple folks and I was a split second too slow. Was I bummed? A little, but he refunded the funds right away and we moved on.

A while back I was in the similar situation where I was the seller and there were multiple buyers. The first person who said "I'll take it!" didn't pay first so it was sold to someone else. They then proceeded to leave me negative feedback on my profile. I was able to dispute with the mods and it was removed. It's definitely "first to pay" in my book.

Driver: Titleist TSR2

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Cobra Baffler F6

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Versa 3T

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

First to pay is always that answer...

However, there was one deal that was super hot and I swear that I responded within less than a minute of it posting one time and the seller said it was already sold...I'm still pretty skeptical about that one. I think at the risk of sounding like he made a mistake with pricing, he ended up just saying it was sold. Oh well.

I was a potential buyer this week where the seller sent out the PayPal to multiple folks and I was a split second too slow. Was I bummed? A little, but he refunded the funds right away and we moved on.

A while back I was in the similar situation where I was the seller and there were multiple buyers. The first person who said "I'll take it!" didn't pay first so it was sold to someone else. They then proceeded to leave me negative feedback on my profile. I was able to dispute with the mods and it was removed. It's definitely "first to pay" in my book.

Dang, that's pretty lame. It's like if someone says they'll take it and waffles...and then gets mad at the seller for not holding their item wants to leave negative feedback? For what? No transaction took place. If I could leave negative feedback for all the WTB posts I respond to with exact specs and price negotiations that "did not" take place I'd run out of negative feedback to leave lol.

I always put in my ads "will not hold, first to pay gets item" and that was done since when I first started listing items I would get the "I'll take it whats paypal - then crickets". I would note in my ad "pending sale" as well.

I even reached out to a few sellers with tons of feedback to get their opinion on this. The consensus was to take the approach of not holding and selling to the first person who pays.

Ive been on the short end as well, paying for an item but someone beat me to it. I was refunded.

Ive had to refund when I get payment from 2 parties. I offer an apology and explanation to the person I am refunding.

OP, if you wanted the item that bad, you gotta hang around the PC and see the deal thru. Thats the only way. Flakes have made it that way.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

Lame. Glad you got it sorted out.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

I always put in my ads "will not hold, first to pay gets item" and that was done since when I first started listing items I would get the "I'll take it whats paypal - then crickets". I would note in my ad "pending sale" as well.

I even reached out to a few sellers with tons of feedback to get their opinion on this. The consensus was to take the approach of not holding and selling to the first person who pays.

Ive been on the short end as well, paying for an item but someone beat me to it. I was refunded.

Ive had to refund when I get payment from 2 parties. I offer an apology and explanation to the person I am refunding.

OP, if you wanted the item that bad, you gotta hang around the PC and see the deal thru. Thats the only way. Flakes have made it that way.

Perfectly explained!

Some flavor of the month driver.
Some driving iron for Links courses.

A hybrid to save my bad shots.
Titleist blades when I feel lucky otherwise something more forgiving.
A Vokey wedge or 2.
I hate every one of my 17 putters.

Lame. Glad you got it sorted out.

Yeah, I was being courtesy because he gifted the payment. I still have my original message. For a fun read from March 2017:

(Name removed), I'm surprised that you would provide negative feedback. You are fairly new to this forum but it's always been first to pay not first to message. There are too many flakes that say they want it but never end up paying. I also gave you valuable advice in terms of gifting payment. I could've kept the payment because you theoretically gave me cash for no reason but I was honest enough to send you the payment back immediately. You can look at my previous feedback that I handle all transactions as if I were on the other side. I've reported the feedback to get it removed so we'll see what feedback is given.

Driver: Titleist TSR2

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Cobra Baffler F6

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Versa 3T

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

Maybe my thinking is wrong, but if I'm selling something I don't put my PayPal information on the listing, I just don't like too. But if I have a couple of people asking to purchase an item, I will always go by who sent the first PM.. and I will tell the second one there is one person in front of them, and that I have given the first person notice there is another party interested and state a time line that the first person has remaining to send funds. I guess I can understand the "first to pay" thinking, but I don't find it too taxing to send all parties interested a message where they stand.