2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

New Project X Hzrdus smoke shaft - 2018

Except that you are neglecting the concept of adding the weight strategically where you want. That is the whole concept behind counterbalancing.

There is also a physical limit where players can no longer "feel" the club because it is too light. This is why many players want a heavier shaft.

Reality is that they offered the T1100 up to a 95g weight. So there is no reason that they CAN'T make them heavy enough. It's more sad that everyone knows they will make them for the Tour, but force players who want them to jump through hoops because they won't acknowledge they exist to the general public.

I am not following the logic of counterbalancing and weight. It doesn't have to be 80+g to get a shaft counter balanced.

I was talking about releasing 80+g wood shaft to retail doesn't make sense for manufactures. What is interesting is that the picture of 95g T1100 I saw actually looks a bit off. It could be the lighting but the finish really doesn't look right. Even the butt sticker doesn't look like what was on the ones directly from PX lab. I would have to inquire TT about those.

Hey, to each his own. You like heavy shafts and it is all good. Those would be harder and harder to find for sure.

I can confirm that the T1100 95g wood shaft does exist, DJ plays it on and off and I own one. The sticker on the butt end is the original stickers they use before they take something to production, its more of a printer label sticker on paper not the slightly more durable one that they use for the production retail stuff.

Hzrdus Black 95 also exists on tour and there are multiple different heavier hybrid weights that are tour only in the Hzrdus/Evenflow line up as well

Last year TT/PX made some of the tour models available to select retailers through their TT+ (PFC) program but you had to be quick to get your hands on them.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 100HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm that the T1100 95g wood shaft does exist, DJ plays it on and off and I own one. The sticker on the butt end is the original stickers they use before they take something to production, its more of a printer label sticker on paper not the slightly more durable one that they use for the production retail stuff.

Hzrdus Black 95 also exists on tour and there are multiple different heavier hybrid weights that are tour only in the Hzrdus/Evenflow line up as well

Last year TT/PX made some of the tour models available to select retailers through their TT+ (PFC) program but you had to be quick to get your hands on them.

Yes TT confirmed that they did make T1100 in 95g as "one off for tour" but didn't go further into any details. I do know DJ played that in his 3W and that doesn't surprise me either. However, they said they said did sell it through their PFC so I am amazed that there are so many out there.

Below is a picture of the butt sticker from an ebay listing. The usual printed sticker is to the right of the photo. It usually has product name, flex weight, and date it was made. It's that big bold sticker that look strange to me. I have never seen any HC shafts came from the lab with a second sticker.

s-l1600.jpg

This is what's on my EF White:

This was what came on my T1100

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

Smoke will have similar profile and feel to the Black, but with different materials and lower spin. Oct/Nov retail timeline.

You are right on! It is 2nd gen Black and release time frame isn't until late Oct.

PXG SD 58*

I heard there is a Mid Launch version T1100 as well on tour???

Isn't that the T800? :taunt: :taunt:

PXG SD 58*

OK i'll volunteer to test it and provide detailed review. Callaway tip, 6.5, 75g please :)

I swing between 114mph-117mph consistently (with the occasional 118-119mph when I try to hit it hard) on trackman so naturally it was suggested that I get a 6.5 flex in a 76 gram HZRDUS Yellow...

It was too stiff which is a problem that I have never had unless I got carried away and over tipped a X-Flex trying to make it stiffer! Anyway... Instead of getting another 76 gram with a 6.0 flex I went with the 63 gram 6.5 flex and I am ABSOLUTELY BOMBING IT! I never tried anything under 70 before but After getting used to less weight I’m touching 330 for the 1st time since college. 330 yards is a number that I believed was in my past! I was hitting the 76 gram 305-310 Max! I don’t know if I got a 6.5 in the 76 gram that had been tipped but it was much stiffer than the 63 gram 6.5 flex! I don’t think I can go back to a 76 gramer after seeing such a consistent increase in distance!

I’m using this new to me Hzrdus shaft in a Ping G400 LST 8.5 degree driver (turned down -.6 degrees). My previous shaft was an untipped Tour AD GP 7-X. I have played it for the last 3 years in 2 different drivers. I almost want to try a lighter version of it because I loved the control and ball flight I was getting out of it! I’m hitting the Hzrdus 63 gram 6.5 flex on average 15 yards further! Occasionally 30 yards which is unbelievable to me because I have never had this much improvement resulting from an equipment upgrade!

Is the Hzrdus just a better shaft than the tour ad? The price says it’s not that’s why I’m asking... I paid like $370 for my tour ad 3 years ago when they were going for damn near $500! I got a new hand crafted Hzrdus for $209 which I was told is a good deal.

HZRDUS Smoke Black is the next generation of HZRDUS Black. As someone stated the original HZRDUS Black was very tip heavy, standard weight heads at 45"+ would swing weight in the high Ds.

With Smoke Black we have made the shaft neutral balanced, getting about 1.5-2 SW points out of the shaft.

Also in the softer flexes we backed off the stiffness and torque a little as the Original Blacks in 5.5 and 6.0 were way to stiff for that target market.

DB

WITB

Driver-Titleist TSr3 9* w/ HZRDUS Green 60TX (HULK)

3 Wood-Titleist TSi2 15* w/ ACCRA TZFive 70 M5 (Masters Edition)

Irons-Taylormade P7MC 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Wedges-Titleist Vokey 56.12D &60.12D w/ Dynamic Gold Mid S400

Putter-Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec Newport 2 w/ Steelfiber i125p

HZRDUS Smoke Black is the next generation of HZRDUS Black. As someone stated the original HZRDUS Black was very tip heavy, standard weight heads at 45"+ would swing weight in the high Ds.

With Smoke Black we have made the shaft neutral balanced, getting about 1.5-2 SW points out of the shaft.

Also in the softer flexes we backed off the stiffness and torque a little as the Original Blacks in 5.5 and 6.0 were way to stiff for that target market.

DB

Someone around here should probably hit one to confirm ;)

DB

I have.

It's real and it's spectacular.

WITB

Driver-Titleist TSr3 9* w/ HZRDUS Green 60TX (HULK)

3 Wood-Titleist TSi2 15* w/ ACCRA TZFive 70 M5 (Masters Edition)

Irons-Taylormade P7MC 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Wedges-Titleist Vokey 56.12D &60.12D w/ Dynamic Gold Mid S400

Putter-Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec Newport 2 w/ Steelfiber i125p

DB

I have.

AjarFluffyCow.gif

DB

I have.

She's flaunting societies conventions!!!!!

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

DB

I have.

I have too and spectacular is definitely a good word to describe it. Feel is great for being “hzrdus” profile/design.

DB

Damn. I guess I'm going to have to try a 65 6.5. Do you have a time table for release?

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

DB

Someone will! LOL

PXG SD 58*

i would love to hit this thing -- it'd be more up my alley than the Evenflow.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Hey ProjectX, when you’re looking for testers I’d love to compare it to the HC black in my driver and driving iron ?

Titleist TSi3 8° - Ventus Black 6TX

Taylormade Stealth 5w 19° - Ventus Red 8TX
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 3-GW - Project X LS 6.5

Titleist SM9 54° D Grind - Project X LS 6.5
Taylormade MyHi-Toe 60°/10° - DG S400 Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron Prototype Phantom 7.2

Interesting, would be nice if they would release 80-85g options on their shafts

I honestly don't understand why this question gets asked every time..

Sorry love their products just need a heavier option

Do you want it for a hybrid or driving iron? Or do you play your drivers super short so you need the extra weight of the shaft to counterbalance the swing weight?

I can't imagine playing 85 gram shaft in a driver.

95 in my 400 lst

xSMOKEEMIFYOUGOTEMx

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

My SS is 105-108 but I like the 6.5 HZRDUS Black and Red better than the 6.0. Counterbalanced shafts don't work for me but I'm excited to try a HZRDUS Black that is a bit more balanced.

STEALTH 2 Tour AD DI 6X //  SIM Oban Devotion 65-04 //  699 v2 MMT105s //  JB Full Groove MMT105w //  TOULON ATLANTA //  Vice Pro+

Should let some guys in Canada do some shaft testing for a change...

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

There's a 6.5 flex Smoke for sale in the BST. He's asking $450

Smoke them while you got them, right?

PXG SD 58*

Has anyone heard a release date? Looks great if it performs anything like the Black, I'm in.

Late Oct as it had been mentioned many times

PXG SD 58*