2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

ecco biom hybrid 3

My brother just got back to playing today after a few years off with an injury. He bought a pair of the Tour 360 Boost and talked about how much he liked them, then had him try on my Ecco's after the round, immediately said he was buying a pair.

These shoes are just as good as it gets for me.

I want a pair. As far as trying on in store, the 47 fits me as good as any I’ve tried in recent years. I am still playing some Boost 360 that I love and just bought a adidas gripmore adicross 2 for like $60 at hurricane golf. I have a white pair and a grey pair of the originals that I loved. The new ones right foot fits great but left foot fits kinda tight so hoping they stretch a little.

I do want the white/blue BOA Ecco tho as it’s my favorite color way offered.

How does the YAK hold up over time. It feels so soft out of the box I’m worried it wont hold up well.

I would say it does not hold up well. I've had a pair for about 10 weeks, and they look at least a year old if not more.

damn shame right there.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

My brother just got back to playing today after a few years off with an injury. He bought a pair of the Tour 360 Boost and talked about how much he liked them, then had him try on my Ecco's after the round, immediately said he was buying a pair.

I want a pair. As far as trying on in store, the 47 fits me as good as any I’ve tried in recent years. I am still playing some Boost 360 that I love and just bought a adidas gripmore adicross 2 for like $60 at hurricane golf. I have a white pair and a grey pair of the originals that I loved. The new ones right foot fits great but left foot fits kinda tight so hoping they stretch a little.

How does the YAK hold up over time. It feels so soft out of the box I’m worried it wont hold up well.

I would say it does not hold up well. I've had a pair for about 10 weeks, and they look at least a year old if not more.

damn shame right there.

I am sending them back on a warranty claim. Doubtful they'll do anything since the wear and color fading is just from use.

damn shame right there.

I am sending them back on a warranty claim. Doubtful they'll do anything since the wear and color fading is just from use.

Sorry about your experience. I've had Ecco Bioms with Yak leather since they came out, along with the Biom 2 GTX, and now the Biom 3s. I still wear the originals for yard work and the leather is still in fine shape, though they and the 2s did have water stains (which I'm pretty sure has been a complaint from everyone that ever purchased them). I have been wearing the grey/white and black/grey Biom 3s since April and they both still look like new (and without water stains).

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

You have to take care of them unlike a normal shoe, the leather cream helps a lot, keeps the leather soft, not so dry

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

30% off on shoes.com, free shipping, plus a whopping 18% (highest I've seen) in ebates right now. Code is EBATES30.

ENq0vRs.jpg?1

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

For anyone interested, selling my Ecco BOAs, need to thin out the herd

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1669668-fs-ecco-biom-hybrid-3-boa-size-43-2-pairs-white-gray/

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Srixon Z Star

• 2 weeks later...

same with the white BOA, barely even notice the blue.

How does the white perforated front/back hold up to mud & sand? I jusy ordered a pair of these and still debating on keeping or not... wish the blue lugs were black!!!!

Pretty much like I would expect any white leather shoe to hold up to mud at sand. If you wipe them down after the round with a clean towel it helps a lot but they aren't going to be bright white after 8-10 rounds.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

I have the Hybrid 3 GTX and they are fantastic so far, no issues at all. Super comfy too.

81bfavuXIcL._SX480_.jpg

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

How does the white perforated front/back hold up to mud & sand? I jusy ordered a pair of these and still debating on keeping or not... wish the blue lugs were black!!!!

Pretty much like I would expect any white leather shoe to hold up to mud at sand. If you wipe them down after the round with a clean towel it helps a lot but they aren't going to be bright white after 8-10 rounds.

Would love to see some pics of the white BOAs after some decent usage. I'm okay with shoes looking worn but the supple yak leather just makes me nervous. Very expensive shoes so I'd expect them to look good for a while.

Would love to see some pics of the white BOAs after some decent usage. I'm okay with shoes looking worn but the supple yak leather just makes me nervous. Very expensive shoes so I'd expect them to look good for a while.

If you're at all worried about wear and how they'll look after normal use these aren't the shoes for you...at least in White.

A few new colors of this shoe on the Ecco website

Went there and do not see new colors.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

You're paying for performance and quality with these shoes. I played a qualifier last week in occasional torrential downpours and ripping wind. I never slipped or even came close to slipping and my socks were dry at the end of the day. I'm not sure the comfort can be matched either, it's outrageous how pleasant these shoes are to wear.

While I think they are a good looking shoe, if it's aesthetics you're after there are probably better options out there. If it's performance I'm not sure you can do much better.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

To be honest the "white" colorway is not really white. It's off white or cream to begin with at best. Next to my white Zoom Precision they actually look almost grey. Have had them soaked and no water marks or stains others have spoke of.

Nike Tour Premiere
Nike TW13
Jordan Flight Runner
Ecco Biom Hybrid
Nike TW14 Masters 
Nike React Vapor 2
Nike AM97

Sim Max driver
M6 3, 5 woods
Vokey SM7 wedges
Scotty Fastback T22

To be honest the "white" colorway is not really white. It's off white or cream to begin with at best. Next to my white Zoom Precision they actually look almost grey. Have had them soaked and no water marks or stains others have spoke of.

Good to hear because I'm a fan of the looks and I know they are comfortable. Golf shoes normally have a trade off between looks, performance, & comfort (most only check 2 of the 3 boxes for me). If the traction is as good as everyone says, these might be the holy grail for me.

I recently wore these on a hard, dry course that just had a brief shower,and still no slippage. I am not sure how the did it with this sole, amazing.

The white does not wear as well as the patterned ones, but they still look fine over 20 rounds in.

Not a better golf shoe out there for me.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

A few new colors of this shoe on the Ecco website

Went there and do not see new colors.

They show up on the Ecco global site, not the US one.

Those navy’s are shweeeet!

Callaway Rogue w/ AD IZ 
Cobra F8 3w w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Orange
Callaway Rogue 5w w/ Oban Isawa Red
Titleist 818 H1 hybrid w/ Oban Isawa Red
Srixon z765 5-pw w/ Steelfiber
Vokey SM7 52F, 56F, 60K w/ Steelfiber
PXG Darkness Gunboat

These have the real hard plastic looking soles right? I just don't see how these can't be slippery when walking on wet grass? Everyone here seems to say that they don't at all, so perhaps I should try them. I have some shop credit and we have these in stock, so I may try them out. I really like the look and I have worn Ecco's in the past and really liked them. So no worries about the sole being slippery? Thanks

Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
Ping I200 4-9 Irons
Ping Glide 2.0 46/50/56/60
Scotty Cameron GOLO

I am a dew sweeper, off before 7am every Saturday and Sunday, has also been crust dry here lately, have not slipped once in what has to be 50-60 rounds in them. I don't know how it works, just that it does.

I own 7 pair of these, they are simply the best golf shoe made IMO.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

I am a dew sweeper, off before 7am every Saturday and Sunday, has also been crust dry here lately, have not slipped once in what has to be 50-60 rounds in them. I don't know how it works, just that it does.

I own 7 pair of these, they are simply the best golf shoe made IMO.

My first round in them last night. Just so happened to tee off shortly after a 1+ hour downpour. No issues with footing whatsoever. I found it pretty awesome how the sand/mud/grass just falls out of the traction as you walk, which I suspect is one reason they hold their own against spiked shoes.

These have the real hard plastic looking soles right? I just don't see how these can't be slippery when walking on wet grass? Everyone here seems to say that they don't at all, so perhaps I should try them. I have some shop credit and we have these in stock, so I may try them out. I really like the look and I have worn Ecco's in the past and really liked them. So no worries about the sole being slippery? Thanks

I play at 6 am on the weekends ... lots of dew and wet from sprinklers early in the morning/previous night.

No issues.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

Last night I wore a pair of FJ SLs I received a few weeks ago in a member guest. They paled in comparison to my BIom 3s for comfort. The FJ shoe bag we also received is excellent though.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

Re: Slippage - I've had my ecco 3s for about a month or 2 and they slip much less than my TW14s did. I still slip a little on the occasional drive if I'm really try to torque one but it's few and far between. For reference, I play on a dry sandy soil 'links-style' course and we haven't received much rain this year. Me and a couple guys were having beers after our round yesterday and 1 of the guys was complaining about his ankle blister that he got after one round in his new Under Armour shoes. Me and the other guy just kept commenting on how the Eccos are the best shoes out of the box we've ever worn.