Watch Enthusiasts

chiguy

Big shortage right now. I am not paying over msrp.

Pm me where I can get some in orlando. I have an office in downtown.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

My small collection. Nothing high end but they suit me perfectly. Rolex, tag, Breitling etc etc are beautiful watches and I’ve fought the urge to buy a vintage, birth year, GMT 800 for many years but I’ve yet to pull the trigger. I’m saving that purchase for a big occasion to reward myself. Something like a big business deal or my 40th birthday. For now, my sub $400 watches are sufficient enough for me!

Left is my dress watch. Then the Seiko and Sailhawk are my daily drivers. The nato band citizen is what I wear when doing manual labor.

WrRND7G.jpg

Anyone here have a Rolex that's worn from hard use? Just curious...

I've worn my SS Daytona on every vacation and every hunting trip since '04. Been to Alaska in a plane crash, took some major falls in the mountains- broke my ankle, tore ligaments, etc hunting bear and sheep. It has never been serviced and is dead spot on keeping time. Going to take it lion hunting in Zimbabwe this Sept.

Ironically, I've been told I should have been wearing my gold Daytona as the SS appreciate/are worth more than the gold ones.

Been thinking of getting a Wyler Code R Dakar.

PS Father's day was good- Huer Calibre 11 Monaco.

JBeam ZY-11 10* Basileus Alpha S / Crazy 435ii 10.5* Basileus AAA X
Tour Issue TM Superfast 2.0 TP 13.5* & 18* UST VTS SIlver 7S
Apex Pro Recoil 95 R // Steelhead XR Pro Recoil ES 760
Vega VM06 50 - 54 - 58 Shimada W
Slighter Auburn

Thinking about a Grand Seiko. I can't decide between an SBGR301 or an SBGR309. What do you guys think? Date or no date?

SBGR301-600x600.png

SBGR309-600x600.png

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | Aldila Tour Green 75TX

3 Wood: PING G425 LST | Fuji Ventus Black 8X

Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 | Project X 6.5

Irons: PING S55 | Project X 6.5

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 | DG TI S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour S CB

Thinking about a Grand Seiko. I can't decide between an SBGR301 or an SBGR309. What do you guys think? Date or no date?

I think it depends on how you plan to use the watch. If it is your daily driver then I say go without the date. If you plan to only wear it on special occasions, then the date is just there for appearance and it won't be a big deal to set it and then time.

I have two automatics, one with the date and one without. I find it to be kind of a pain to set the date and I never trust that the date is correct so it is really just an appearance thing. But that's just me.

RBZ Stage 2 Tour Driver Adjusted to 10.5*
RBZ Stage 2, 3 tour Hybrid Adjusted to 17*
Titleist CB712 3-PW
Titleist Vokey 56* wedge
Nike Method Core 4 Putter

SBGR301-600x600.png

SBGR309-600x600.png

Their peacock green GMT is on my dream list

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

SBGR301-600x600.png

SBGR309-600x600.png

I’d go with the “no date” model myself especially if it will be in a rotation or may sit for a day or two. I know I always end up checking my phone to make sure the date is correct on my automatics.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an awesome thread! Some of you have some beautiful pieces that I can only dream of having one day. I really like watches but have limited my purchases so far to a Citizen and Seiko. They've been fine watches for what I use them for, but I've been thinking of spending a bit more on my next one, maybe up to $1,000. Does anybody have any opinions on Mido? I was down in Vegas about a little while ago and saw a Mido Multifort and really took a liking to it. I had never heard of the brand, but that isn't saying much.

Here's a pic of what the watch looks like.

M005.430.11.061.00.png

It's been a long time since you posted this question. If you went with the milo I'm sure you're satisfiedwith it's quality to price ratio.

This versitile Mido of mine gets works frequently. Excellent quality and detail for it's price range in my opinion.

My small collection. Nothing high end but they suit me perfectly. Rolex, tag, Breitling etc etc are beautiful watches and I’ve fought the urge to buy a vintage, birth year, GMT 800 for many years but I’ve yet to pull the trigger. I’m saving that purchase for a big occasion to reward myself. Something like a big business deal or my 40th birthday. For now, my sub $400 watches are sufficient enough for me!

Left is my dress watch. Then the Seiko and Sailhawk are my daily drivers. The nato band citizen is what I wear when doing manual labor.

WrRND7G.jpg

That nato band Eco Drive is my daily around the house watch. Love it.

My daily to the office is a Rolex Date-just that was a gift.

Been debating about an Apple Watch but honestly I think I’m linked in enough anymore. Don’t need my watch beeping at me all the time.

G430 LST 10.5* - G430 Max 15* - Cobra Baffler 17.5*- Sub 70 Pro 20* & 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58*  - F22

All the people in my office wear apple watches. I bought a Samsung watch b/c they are a customer of mine but I hate it. I am an old fashioned watch guy and I love my watches...but I love none of them more than my Omega Ryder cup edition watch. It is by far my favorite watch.

I would attach a pic but I clearly don't know how to do so. Just know that the face looks like a golf ball :taunt:

Poor mans master II, but one hell of a watch none the less.

8y9v5s.jpg

Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

I agree with what you're saying but the purist inside of me will ignore it =P. One of the things I hate so much is that they're being pushed as some magical jewels. I loved it when it was a hobby and I treated it as such. Now I can't even get one due to the demand.

It's also why I steer more towards vintage but that market blew up tremendously 2-3 years ago. When an MSRP Ceramic Rolex GMT Pepsi is 8k but grey market asking 20k and Rolex AD tells me I'm on waiting list for 10 years; that's when I know what you're saying is completely true. Disgusting if you ask me.

With you on that.

In Europe the same, crazy waitlists for every sports Rolex ( unless when you want to go platina or gold daytona...)

And when you want to buy one "used" double of price .. all happened in last 3 years indeed !

Countdown for Augusta!!!

My technological limitations are kicking in....can't rotate.

I consider this Chronospace the replacement to the smaller Aerospace. For some reason I wish it had 12 & 6 to go along with the 9 &3....but Breitling didn't call me up for a consult when designing this model.

Good watch though. The alarm will wake the dead.

Never saw this one ( one the wrist) thanks for sharing!!

Enjoy your watch!!

Countdown for Augusta!!!

I consider this Chronospace the replacement to the smaller Aerospace. For some reason I wish it had 12 & 6 to go along with the 9 &3....but Breitling didn't call me up for a consult when designing this model.

Enjoy your watch!!

Love seeing your collection! Lots of sweet watches, really like the White Navitimer, but would be huge on my wrist.

My Datejust will have to suffice while my wife goes back to school. Not a lot of extra watch money floating about!

G430 LST 10.5* - G430 Max 15* - Cobra Baffler 17.5*- Sub 70 Pro 20* & 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58*  - F22

Enjoy your watch!!

Love seeing your collection! Lots of sweet watches, really like the White Navitimer, but would be huge on my wrist.

My Datejust will have to suffice while my wife goes back to school. Not a lot of extra watch money floating about!

Thank you Sir!

Nice to talk with zn other enthusiast !

Datejust is for me also one of the beatifull classics ! I hope you Are enjoying the Open as well.

All the best from Belgium,

Jelle

Countdown for Augusta!!!

WrRND7G.jpg

That nato band Eco Drive is my daily around the house watch. Love it.

My daily to the office is a Rolex Date-just that was a gift.

Been debating about an Apple Watch but honestly I think I’m linked in enough anymore. Don’t need my watch beeping at me all the time.

Same idea about the Apple watch .. Realy NOT a fan ..

Countdown for Augusta!!!

Heaven

24c87cl.jpg

Seemore mFGP2 

• 2 weeks later...

Been on a Glycine kick lately. Trying to get the old logo ETA powered versions for the least money possible is an interesting challenge.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Looking to treat myself come bonus time at the end of the year. Any recommendations for a fairly priced luxury watch for use as a daily driver? I really want a metal band (not a big leather band guy), smallish face (not big on giant watches), and something classy and not overstated. I know Rolex's hold their value tremendously well but I don't think I've reached that stage in my life where I can justify that kind of purchase. Maybe for the right price...But for now I might have to hold out on a Rolex until I can afford the Kermit (my holy grail).

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Looking to treat myself come bonus time at the end of the year. Any recommendations for a fairly priced luxury watch for use as a daily driver? I really want a metal band (not a big leather band guy), smallish face (not big on giant watches), and something classy and not overstated. I know Rolex's hold their value tremendously well but I don't think I've reached that stage in my life where I can justify that kind of purchase. Maybe for the right price...But for now I might have to hold out on a Rolex until I can afford the Kermit (my holy grail).

What is your budget? My knee jerk response is an vintage datejust, but if you need to be lower in cost I would say look at maybe a tudor prince or other tudors?

Seemore mFGP2 

What is your budget? My knee jerk response is an vintage datejust, but if you need to be lower in cost I would say look at maybe a tudor prince or other tudors?

I'd say <$2,000. A Tudor was my old man's first "big" watch. I really like the look of Grand Seiko's. I've seen places advertise payment plans for watches. Would this be viable if going the Rolex route? If that was the case I'd be willing to put more down to lower payments/int rates.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

I'd say <$2,000. A Tudor was my old man's first "big" watch. I really like the look of Grand Seiko's. I've seen places advertise payment plans for watches. Would this be viable if going the Rolex route? If that was the case I'd be willing to put more down to lower payments/int rates.

I would say yes on the rolex route as the hold value so well. I LOVE GS (dont own one, cant afford it) but they dont hold value like a rolex would

Seemore mFGP2 

Would be interested in people's opinions on this - I know it's not a Rolex, but that is part of the appeal...

5015-1130-52_front.png

I already have the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch (30th birthday present) and a Corum flyback I got as a present to myself when I left the UK

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]