Polo shirts that are good untucked?

OP here. Thanks for all the responses!

I actually went to pgass and tried on a million shirts. Underarmour has a line called “threadborne” that they are apparently trying to differentiate as a higher end line. The line is mostly workout gear but includes a couple of golf polos. Really nice stuff and it fits a little more trim than most of their stuff, even though it is still categorized as “loose”. Medium fit me great.

I pretty much never tuck in my shirt. Its hard to find a shirt that doesn't look like a skirt. I'm 5'9". Most of my body could work with a small but I have to go with a medium to accommodate broad shoulders.

Does anyone have any suggestion for a brand or style that is designed to be left untucked or just looks decent and not super long untucked?

I’m a member at Royal Wellington in NZ which has a rep for dress codes etc.

I say UNTUCKED ALL THE WAY!!

It’s 2018 and Golf and Golf style is changing, time to get up with the play

Untucked is very common at our club now and it’s great.

Always dress appropriately, I think untucked can look very tidy, smart/ casual look.

I don’t mind tucking and have a collection of belts I like to wear but still, something about being untucked that’s refreshing.

Keep it up I say..

Adidas have the odd shirt that look good out and so do ping.

You will need to be very picky.

No such thing as a good looking untucked polo shirt on the golf course. Most decent golf courses have a dress code that require shirts be tucked in.

Must be a regional thing. Here in Colorado, most good (if you want to call them "high end" then so be it) courses have no such rule. Collared shirts is a common rule, but not so much tucking them in.

I prefer the look of an untucked polo, independent of comfort.

+1 here in Michigan. I've played alot of nice courses both private and public...nobody has ever said anything. I do tuck my shirt in with pants, but not with shorts. I just think it looks dorky.

I generally go with Travis Mathew in one size smaller when I'm not tucking.

• Like 1

I pretty much never tuck in my shirt. Its hard to find a shirt that doesn't look like a skirt. I'm 5'9". Most of my body could work with a small but I have to go with a medium to accommodate broad shoulders.

Does anyone have any suggestion for a brand or style that is designed to be left untucked or just looks decent and not super long untucked?

Why would you wear your shirt tail out??? Do you wear cargo shorts too??

Ping G sf Driver 10*
TISI 3 Wood 14*
G-25 Hybrids 17*,20*, 23*
G Irons 5-UW with Steelfibre i80
Ping Ketch Putter, or Ping Scottsdale Anser BeNi

OP here. Thanks for all the responses!

I actually went to pgass and tried on a million shirts. Underarmour has a line called "threadborne" that they are apparently trying to differentiate as a higher end line. The line is mostly workout gear but includes a couple of golf polos. Really nice stuff and it fits a little more trim than most of their stuff, even though it is still categorized as "loose". Medium fit me great.

I am also 5'9 and have very broad shoulders and I have found UA Medium Loose fit is perfect especially for untucked.

Cobra LTDX 9* Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60 6.0

Ping G400 17.5* Project X Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0 

Taylormade SIM Max Hybrid 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S 

Mizuno MP69 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cleveland Zipcore 50* 54* 58* DG Tour Issue X100

Toulon San Diego

It's so bizarre that someone takes the time to make this type of worthless post.

and they wonder why the younger generation thinks golf is too up-tight and stodgy...and in half a century of golf,I have never

seen a dress code that required shirt tails to be tucked in. Why do people care so much about how someone else is dressed?

I see a guy wearing cargo shorts..fitted...neat..clean..and another wearing his 9 dollar wrinkled baggy saggy kakki trousers

from walmart,and there is no doubt the cargo shorts wearer looks better. Time for a lot of people to find other things to

worry about . Golf has enough real problems without making some where none exist.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

and they wonder why the younger generation thinks golf is too up-tight and stodgy...and in half a century of golf,I have never

seen a dress code that required shirt tails to be tucked in. Why do people care so much about how someone else is dressed?

I see a guy wearing cargo shorts..fitted...neat..clean..and another wearing his 9 dollar wrinkled baggy saggy kakki trousers

from walmart,and there is no doubt the cargo shorts wearer looks better. Time for a lot of people to find other things to

worry about . Golf has enough real problems without making some where none exist.

It's because somehow the "Country Club" people have decided how golfers should look. One reason, IMHO, that millenials and younger people aren't golfing (but do play Top Golf - NO DRESS CODE). Country Clubs aren't cool and desirable...I know very few people who belong here in LA - the few that do have families, and surprisingly, neither parent golfs! They use the clubs for tennis and the pool! (Brentwood and Hillcrest - the two best Jewish clubs in LA, both initiation over 200K).

Golf has enough rules and etiquette to learn...keep ones shirt untucked is a fashion choice, not a breach of conduct!

Golf has enough rules and etiquette to learn...keep ones shirt untucked is a fashion choice, not a breach of conduct!

...Except at all the places where it's a breach of conduct.

Tho I agree with this,I did not post it,so I cant take credit for it. Check a little closer before you type things and then attribute them to the wrong people ,please.

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Tho I agree with this,I did not post it,so I cant take credit for it. Check a little closer before you type things and then attribute them to the wrong people ,please.

Corrected, and clearly not intentional to begin with. But you knew that.

By the way, where have you played golf for half a century where you haven't encountered a single dress code requiring your shirt be tucked in?

l

By the way, where have you played golf for half a century where you haven't encountered a single dress code requiring your shirt be tucked in?

lots o public/semi private courses....no private upper crust. Not even interested in them. It does seem as tho you are angling for an argument

rather than a discussion,so enjoy yourself...not interested in that childish stuff....block button is a good thing..

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Every resort, muni and public course I've ever played - which is 90% of the golf I play.

Country clubs do, for the most part, have dress codes. I'll tuck when invited (I'm neither rude nor stupid), but that doesn't mean I have to like it!

This place, which 99.9% of people can't afford to join, doesn't seem to have an issue with being untucked!

https://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/30/fashion/sundaystyles/30BRIDGE.html

lots o public/semi private courses....no private upper crust. Not even interested in them. It does seem as tho you are angling for an argument

rather than a discussion,so enjoy yourself...not interested in that childish stuff....block button is a good thing..

No argument on this end, but I see where you're coming from with your "no private upper crust" comment. Why the class warfare nonsense? When you automatically put all the members of a private club into a derogatory category like "upper crust," then I can see where you think an argument is coming. You're conflating private with snobby, and money with class. That's myopic, and one of the things that I think is bad for the game of golf.

Now, if all of the private clubs wherever you live are chock full of ignorant, condescending people, and that's all you know, then that adds some perspective. But it's not that way everywhere, and it's not useful to assume it is.

It's amazing to me the people who are willing to die on their swords to keep their shirts untucked. Like manku said, you don't have to like or prefer some of the dress code rules at some places, but tucking your shirt in is a really small price to pay for a great day of golf, isn't it? Why write off a potentially amazing golf experience at a great course over something like tucking in your shirt? More importantly, why paint an entire membership of people as snobby/crusty/holier-than-thou just because they can and choose to belong to a private club?

Not the only reason I love Brora, but from one of the coolest links courses in the world:

" Dress Code

We have no strict dress code, smart casual is all we ask. Jeans are acceptable on the course and in the clubhouse. We have no rule regarding metal or soft spikes."

Saw more denim than I thought I would in Scotland, not at the Old Course complex, and not saying I saw a lot of it, but wore jeans for one of the rounds at Brora and the sheep and cows welcomed me with enthusiasm. Have some 5 pocket gray cords that I got a compliment on from the staff at the clubhouse at Royal Dornoch ("smart casual") when I asked the day before our second round if they were acceptable, lol. Wore stuff that was comfortable for the conditions, observed the rules of the course, but not all great courses are as "strict" - it's a game for the people, after all.