2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

I hit a half dozen drives on Trackman with the K3 right around the time it came out. Spin was a touch higher on average (maybe 150-200RPM) than the Chromesofts we use at my lessons. Yardage and smash were almost identical.

On the course, I've just never hit a bomb. Could easily be user error though.

Could be user error. I play both the 3 piece and the 4 piece, and my best drive of the year was around a 340 yard bomb with the 3 piece. I've noticed no real difference in distance between the two, but the 4 piece backs up way more on the greens for me. Both are amazing balls, especially when you factor in the price.

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

I hit a half dozen drives on Trackman with the K3 right around the time it came out. Spin was a touch higher on average (maybe 150-200RPM) than the Chromesofts we use at my lessons. Yardage and smash were almost identical.

Could be user error. I play both the 3 piece and the 4 piece, and my best drive of the year was around a 340 yard bomb with the 3 piece. I've noticed no real difference in distance between the two, but the 4 piece backs up way more on the greens for me. Both are amazing balls, especially when you factor in the price.

It's amazing how the balls respond differently for each player. I couldn't back up a KSig to save my soul but the 3 piece stops on a dime.

It's amazing how the balls respond differently for each player. I couldn't back up a KSig to save my soul but the 3 piece stops on a dime.

My impression was identical off the driver, similar but higher K3 spin on long and mid iron but from 8-iron down much more (uncontrollable IMO) spin with K3.

My impression was identical off the driver, similar but higher K3 spin on long and mid iron but from 8-iron down much more (uncontrollable IMO) spin with K3.

Same here I guess. We all attack the ball differently. The characteristics of each ball suits different types of swings I guess. I personally take a healthy divot. My ball spins and backs up, but doesn't really back up 10+ feet on short shots unless I catch it really clean with little turf interaction. The KS3 was different. When I took a divot it spun like mad. If I caught it clean with little turf interaction it seemed that the ball would be slightly ahead of my divot.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I should have some K3 / Ktrey's sitting on my portch when I get home. I am really curious to give them a try.

Please see if ball quality/performance is consistent from one to another.

Will do, going to play tomorrow afternoon.

Been playing 2017 Chrome Soft X for a little bit so I am sure this will be quite a bit different.

Got a chance to play a round with the K3.

Full disclosure, I haven't been striking the ball all that great leading up to this round.

I played on a fairly windy and warm afternoon.

Driving: I hit some really good drives and some ok drives (swing issue) I did not see any loss of distance with this ball. If anything I actually hit some drives further than average for me. The ball flew pretty high, certainly higher than the Chrome soft X I have been playing for a while. The ball was effected by the wind but it was hard to tell how much more another ball would have been effected.

Irons: I didn't have a great day with the irons but all in all the ball seemed to perform well. As mentioned before the ball flies high. That in itself probably makes it more susceptible to being effected by the wind.

Wedges: First time I hit this ball with a wedge it was dead into the wind. The ball spun up into the wind a bit landed on the top a ridge and spun back like 30 feet. I was a little concerned that I was going to be spinning it too much. But for the rest of the day I didn't experience anything else like that. Balls were usually close to their pitch mark. (the combo the the into the wind shot and landing at the top of the ridge was the reason for the crazy spin) The ball flies high, but it is agreeable to being knocked down some.

Short Game shots: Ball feels good off the face and has plenty of spin, more than the CS-X I was playing.

Putter: It took me a few holes get the speed down with the putter compared to my CS-X.

Overall I am pleased with this ball.

K3 is solid, but not spectacular.

From 60 yards in, you'd never know you were playing a $1 ball.

Everywhere else, I feel like I'm giving a little something up. I'm talking what looks like 5 yards off the driver, and a mid iron shot bleeding just a little more than you think it should in the wind. Maybe it doesn't matter, but it's in my head.

I'

Well said.

Reminded me of a ProV1 circa 2005-2010. Spins a ton off the irons and wedges, great short game control, not as long as some other balls.

I have been switching back and forth between the KS4, KS3, and Z Stars. The KS3 by far gives me the most spin off of my wedges. Where the KS4 and Srixon will hop and come back a few feet, there have been a few instances where the KS3 spun back 15-20 feet. I haven't seen anything like it. It is especially frustrating to have your pitch mark a few feet from the hole only to face a 25 foot putt. Spin is cool and all, and it's neat to see a ball suck back like that. But, it's just to excessive for me. It doesn't seem to be consistent either.

While a fine ball for the money, it just isn't what I am looking for. I believe it was you that called it a spin monster. I think that sums it up really well. I personally do not remember playing a ball that spun as much as the KS3. I don't know what the #'s are on it as I don't have LM access. So, I don't know if I am giving up a handful of yards on my drives or anything. But, after watching the action it gets on the green, I wouldn't be surprised if it was spinning like a top off of the driver as well.

Co-sign.

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Rogue Elite 859 65R

Adams Idea Pro 20° VS Proto
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW XP115
Nike VR 54/58/62 XP115
Nike MC04w 
TP5X

K3 is solid, but not spectacular.

From 60 yards in, you'd never know you were playing a $1 ball.

Everywhere else, I feel like I'm giving a little something up. I'm talking what looks like 5 yards off the driver, and a mid iron shot bleeding just a little more than you think it should in the wind. Maybe it doesn't matter, but it's in my head.

I'

Well said.

Reminded me of a ProV1 circa 2005-2010. Spins a ton off the irons and wedges, great short game control, not as long as some other balls.

I have been switching back and forth between the KS4, KS3, and Z Stars. The KS3 by far gives me the most spin off of my wedges. Where the KS4 and Srixon will hop and come back a few feet, there have been a few instances where the KS3 spun back 15-20 feet. I haven't seen anything like it. It is especially frustrating to have your pitch mark a few feet from the hole only to face a 25 foot putt. Spin is cool and all, and it's neat to see a ball suck back like that. But, it's just to excessive for me. It doesn't seem to be consistent either.

While a fine ball for the money, it just isn't what I am looking for. I believe it was you that called it a spin monster. I think that sums it up really well. I personally do not remember playing a ball that spun as much as the KS3. I don't know what the #'s are on it as I don't have LM access. So, I don't know if I am giving up a handful of yards on my drives or anything. But, after watching the action it gets on the green, I wouldn't be surprised if it was spinning like a top off of the driver as well.

Co-sign.

Wow, yeah I guess it has too much spin!

I dont ever hit anything that close to the flag or generally from the fairway... so I dont worry about spin... lol I am just glad it stops!

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

OK, I made it to the warehouse Grand Opening in Pflugerville, TX today 7/26/2018 and I was unfortunately disappointed.

No original KSig balls available - only the three piece was there but they did have 3 or 4 pallets of those. Does that tell us anything? Not really, they may show at the next Grand Opening - just no way to know and Costco is not telling.

Moved on to the food bar for a hotdog. They were selling them faster than they could cook them - so it was undercooked and the bun was not sufficiently steamed - still pretty good but not of the high quality you usually get at Costco. Another strange thing was no unsweetened Iced tea - just sweet tea. I know it's Texas - but come on, help a fella out a little.

Everything else was as expected at a Costco warehouse but my two reasons for going were both - did I say - disappointing? Since I only had the small SUV I passed on any other items for space considerations.

Tour Edge Exotics C721 driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft
BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W
TM Sim2 19* hybrid
Maltby KE4 Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft
Maltby TSW-KRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil 75 R flex/spinner shaft
Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

IMO you will never see the 4 piece again unless they purchase over runs from some other manufacturer. I believe the Callaway rep gave a great answer to a ksig question over there

Everytime someone says they are never coming back, it means a release it just a few weeks away.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

IMO you will never see the 4 piece again unless they purchase over runs from some other manufacturer. I believe the Callaway rep gave a great answer to a ksig question over there

Everytime someone says they are never coming back, it means a release it just a few weeks away.

Similar to you Break, I'm beginning to think that tsecor knows when they will be released as they've said that they aren't coming back and then shortly after...BOOM! KSIG thread is super active again and Costco.com crashed because everyone is rushing to buy them. so....

Thanks for the heads up tsecor.

Ah, the ol "overrun" play eh? :deadhorse:

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

Here we go again.....

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

Finally committed to playing the K3 for a full round and shot 73 today. Ball is long enough off the tee and had enough spin on full iron shots. I did notice some extra roll out on shots inside 50 yards but nothing that would make me unwilling to play the ball. Feel off the putter/chipping was ok. I will say I had 3 nice up and downs for par, so a little extra roll was easy to adjust too. A fine ball for a great price. I do like the 4-piece KSIG more than the K3 but will play both as I have 22 dz KSIG and 8 dz K3.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Your opinion and a handful of air and worth the same.

As is yours. A year from now, most of you will still be clinging to hope that the 4-piece will still be coming back, like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

As is yours. A year from now, most of you will still be clinging to hope that the 4-piece will still be coming back, like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin.

Doubt it.

Totally content with $20 srixons piled high. And others. If they come back, they come back. Every 3 months or so it subsides and somebody says well I guess this is the end. And each time they are wrong. Eventually you will be right.

Don't come to the thread anxiously awaiting the next release. The threads popularity was created by the unusual negativity thrown at this ball and those who appreciated the value of it, by those who never tried it and OBVIOUS shills.

Doubt it.

Totally content with $20 srixons piled high. And others. If they come back, they come back. Every 3 months or so it subsides and somebody says well I guess this is the end. And each time they are wrong. Eventually you will be right.

Don't come to the thread anxiously awaiting the next release. The threads popularity was created by the unusual negativity thrown at this ball and those who appreciated the value of it, by those who never tried it and OBVIOUS shills.

Or those who reflexively feel the need to defend it, despite the fact that Costco is unable to consistently keep it in stock. It was a limited time thing, but those who insisted it would change the golf ball world have to keep defending it and insisting it will return, despite all evidence to the contrary. Enjoy your stockpile of cheap balls.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

Doubt it.

Or those who reflexively feel the need to defend it, despite the fact that Costco is unable to consistently keep it in stock. It was a limited time thing, but those who insisted it would change the golf ball world have to keep defending it and insisting it will return, despite all evidence to the contrary. Enjoy your stockpile of cheap balls.

Far as I can tell Titleist has neither gone out of business or cut the price of ProV1 just yet. Maybe if Costco release just ONE more batch???