SuperSpeed Golf training system

Sounds like the question is "can you transition an all-out SSG weighted shaft....no visual of a club head...no ball strike....in a garage...to the course when it counts?".

Yes. I can.

You could too if you spent some time with the SSG clubs.

You might also find that you cross the short-knocker threshold as well.

How many tour wins does Jamie Sadlowski have?

What does tour wins have to do with anything? There are great players all over this board and all over youtube that have zero tour wins. But I trust them and listen to them. Bottom line is that for a great many people the Super Speed system is a functional system that works and has lots of people that think it is worth it. People can do whatever they want - I don't have that kind of time and these things have increased my average swing speed by using the program. Good luck with whatever protocol or program you use.

What does tour wins have to do with anything? There are great players all over this board and all over youtube that have zero tour wins. But I trust them and listen to them. Bottom line is that for a great many people the Super Speed system is a functional system that works and has lots of people that think it is worth it. People can do whatever they want - I don't have that kind of time and these things have increased my average swing speed by using the program. Good luck with whatever protocol or program you use.

My comment was in response to the "short-knocker" comment.

I personally would do the opposite...improve technique to gain speed. I posted in another thread about attending an outing with Couples who demonstrated how to build club-head speed. It was like he wasn't even speeding up as he progressed from 50 to 100 to 140 yard PW's. .

I have been experimenting with technique for a long time, I enjoy it. Along with improving technique DRASTICALLY, I have had the added benefit of gaining an abnormal amount of speed since going on this endeavor. I keep changing technique all of the time because it is fun and because I like the experimental side of things a lot. I keep swinging hard at the range to end my session to keep my speed. I swing my ssg stick at home to better check my speed and for exercise. When you gain 20 plus mph over a few years just from experimenting with technique and practicing swinging fast as possible, then you are doing at least something right. Ssg clubs combined with the ssr will not only help with faster firing muscles, but potentially teach better technique if you pay attention to what swing gave you more speed or not. It can definitely work in some bad habits, I am a firm believer in that, but if careful it can be avoided.

Also, Jamie Sadlowski is an awesome golfer and he also happens to hit further than anyone on tour. He has a very very sound swing, he just has to work on that darn short game more. Pretty impressive to me to see a long drive guy play the game so well, even if he doesn't make it to the tour.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

I personally would do the opposite...improve technique to gain speed. I posted in another thread about attending an outing with Couples who demonstrated how to build club-head speed. It was like he wasn't even speeding up as he progressed from 50 to 100 to 140 yard PW's. .

I have been experimenting with technique for a long time, I enjoy it. Along with improving technique DRASTICALLY, I have had the added benefit of gaining an abnormal amount of speed since going on this endeavor. I keep changing technique all of the time because it is fun and because I like the experimental side of things a lot. I keep swinging hard at the range to end my session to keep my speed. I swing my ssg stick at home to better check my speed and for exercise. When you gain 20 plus mph over a few years just from experimenting with technique and practicing swinging fast as possible, then you are doing at least something right. Ssg clubs combined with the ssr will not only help with faster firing muscles, but potentially teach better technique if you pay attention to what swing gave you more speed or not. It can definitely work in some bad habits, I am a firm believer in that, but if careful it can be avoided.

Also, Jamie Sadlowski is an awesome golfer and he also happens to hit further than anyone on tour. He has a very very sound swing, he just has to work on that darn short game more. Pretty impressive to me to see a long drive guy play the game so well, even if he doesn't make it to the tour.

Fair enough. But I saw with my own eyes how Couples created "stealth speed" without looking like he was trying. That's my personal focus for speed.

Fair enough. But I saw with my own eyes how Couples created "stealth speed" without looking like he was trying. That's my personal focus for speed.

I would agree absolutely that technique is greater than fast firing muscle as far as potential speed improvements. This depends of course on how good your technique currently is. If your technique is great, I would say that you should focus on getting those muscles firing faster if you desire extra speed. The ssg clubs and training method seems to work for a lot of people. For me, technique and mostly wailing on balls with driver for part of every range session has done it for me, though I still have some technique tweaks I am working on. I should then have a very efficient and much more consistent swing to build on and I should then realize my speed goal.

We were talking earlier that the fastest and most efficient swings are indeed the ones that look effortless and not fast. They sure do sound fast though. Head turning fast.

I think there may be a misconception here that SSG is some sort of meat head / caveman approach to gaining speed. It's actually the total opposite.

SSG is about improving the kinematic sequence (I.e. Swinging faster by swinging more efficiently - not by swinging 'harder'). Fred and Ernie sure aren't straining, but they sure as hell are swinging fast.

It's about balancing the left and right sides of the body to promote health, vs. degrade it.

It's about getting the best out of what you have vs. chasing 400 lb deal lifts.

I haven't had the massive gains that some people on this thread have had, but I have improved meaningfully in both speed AND accuracy since last year. I played with my father-in-law last month for the first time this season and he thought he was playing with a different person.

Example: this time last year I'd wake up at 6am to get an early Saturday round in. I'd actually stick a heating pad in the microwave for two minutes and then hold that under my golf shirt against my intercostals as I drove the 5 minutes to the course. It was miserable. F^*#ing miserable. I'm not one to swear, or fake-swear online, but it was seriously bad.

So far SSG hasn't given me superhuman speed, but it has given me more speed, better kinematic sequence, less pain, lower scores, and - MOST importantly to me - more fun.

I suggest giving it a try. Chances are you will benefit if you put the work in, but like everything worth doing, there is a commitment.

Sounds like the question is "can you transition an all-out SSG weighted shaft....no visual of a club head...no ball strike....in a garage...to the course when it counts?".

Yes. I can.

Not anecdotal in the least bit. /sarcasm.

Tell you what...the next time you play a course around 7K yards...or the next time you find a Walmart built between your drive and the longer hitters...ask yourself one simple question:

Can I make myself better with more distance?

It's really as simple as that.

Yes. I can.

Tell you what...the next time you play a course around 7K yards...or the next time you find a Walmart built between your drive and the longer hitters...ask yourself one simple question:

Sorry, you didn't explain why Jamie has not cleaned-up on tour. He's the epitome of driver distance...so what say you?

Yes. I can.

Sorry, you didn't explain why Jamie has not cleaned-up on tour. He's the epitome of driver distance...so what say you?

Oh lord man. Seriously, can you explain why you take such a negative approach in this thread? Nobody on here is retarded, distance obviously isn't everything but it can be VERY helpful to your game. This is especially true if you are already a great player and can see shaving a few strokes off if only you could manage a few extra yards at your home course.

Use your noggin man, think before you speak on here and please stop being so toxic. Lets get this thread back to sharing our progress and exchanging tips.

So I've been using the clubs/sticks for about 5 weeks - about twice a week, and sadly still as I pointed out earlier, I feel like I am 1 of the anomaly's where I've actually gotten worse, and today was my 1st time checking my swing speed and it's actually gone down a bit (from low 100's to 95/96ish) so I've been disappointed especially after reading some of the successes that people have had. My guess/assumption is that I'm really speeding up at completely the wrong time in the swing "casting" from the top, causing me to be all over the place, just want to know how I can clean that up. I'm going to give these sticks about 2 more weeks and see if I can see some signs of progress (hopefully my comments don't come across too negative, I certainly don't want to be bashing the sticks, just want to get the chance to improve).

Swing fan. A golf pro I took lessons from (he retired last year) swears by the swing fan for correcting lots of basic swing flaws like casting, over the top and getting the body turning in sequence with lag. I warm up with a sing fan before doing Speed training and it may work for you too. Also it is cheap. Try it. It think it is pretty much impossible to cast a swing fan.

So I've been using the clubs/sticks for about 5 weeks - about twice a week, and sadly still as I pointed out earlier, I feel like I am 1 of the anomaly's where I've actually gotten worse, and today was my 1st time checking my swing speed and it's actually gone down a bit (from low 100's to 95/96ish) so I've been disappointed especially after reading some of the successes that people have had. My guess/assumption is that I'm really speeding up at completely the wrong time in the swing "casting" from the top, causing me to be all over the place, just want to know how I can clean that up. I'm going to give these sticks about 2 more weeks and see if I can see some signs of progress (hopefully my comments don't come across too negative, I certainly don't want to be bashing the sticks, just want to get the chance to improve).

You know my posts about SSG...folks hate me...but I suggest staying with it because you may not be giving your muscles enough time to recover. I don't know your age, physical condition, etc., so I'm guessing...but I know in weightlifting sometimes too much is not good.

Swing fan. A golf pro I took lessons from (he retired last year) swears by the swing fan for correcting lots of basic swing flaws like casting, over the top and getting the body turning in sequence with lag. I warm up with a sing fan before doing Speed training and it may work for you too. Also it is cheap. Try it. It think it is pretty much impossible to cast a swing fan.

Never tried the swing fan. How does it help with turning the body in sequence? This intrigues me because that's what I'm constantly working on.

I'm not a pro - so bear with me but from what I understand - when you make your backswing holding the fan and then start the downswing - the swing fan naturally flattens out your swing and forces your body to turn through with drag/resistance that forces an on plane natural motion that engages your core muscles and has natural lag. All I can say is that you should go to a Roger Dunn and swing one. I bought mine on amazon for about $35 and I use it all the time. You can swing it with as much or as little force as you like - you will feel your core engage and your arms flatten out. Put up a mirror and swing it like a club and you'll see the effect pretty much instantly. Try casting it - you really have to try - and most likely can't without it feeling off. Wind resistance stops it and your body has to make a turn from the ground up to get any speed. If you just hold it out like a club - turn your torso back - drop your arms (dead weight) and then turn your body through - you'll see a perfect plane swing. Your arms drop - your body rotates and you swing through. You'll feel it in your core if you do a bunch of them.

I'm not a pro - so bear with me but from what I understand - when you make your backswing holding the fan and then start the downswing - the swing fan naturally flattens out your swing and forces your body to turn through with drag/resistance that forces an on plane natural motion that engages your core muscles and has natural lag. All I can say is that you should go to a Roger Dunn and swing one. I bought mine on amazon for about $35 and I use it all the time. You can swing it with as much or as little force as you like - you will feel your core engage and your arms flatten out. Put up a mirror and swing it like a club and you'll see the effect pretty much instantly. Try casting it - you really have to try - and most likely can't without it feeling off. Wind resistance stops it and your body has to make a turn from the ground up to get any speed. If you just hold it out like a club - turn your torso back - drop your arms (dead weight) and then turn your body through - you'll see a perfect plane swing. Your arms drop - your body rotates and you swing through. You'll feel it in your core if you do a bunch of them.

VERY COOL! I am going to pick it up at Roger Dunn tomorrow! THANKS!

EDIT EDIT! What model did you buy and are there different sizes?

I'm so interested looking at all the posts but am hesitant to fork out $200 for the sticks. I see some of you guys build them yourself but I am not handyman. Is anyone willing to build a set and ship it to Canada? I'm willing to pay cost + a reasonable labour as long as the total is reasonably lower than the SSG price.

eded

Do you have any old shafts you can use?

Last weekend I used my driver with x stiff 70g. I hit 290-330 drives. I didnt measure my ss, but damn they felt great. I didnt do ssg training for a month but I think it helped alot to get to this point.

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

I know it's been said on this thread before but man, my speed is all in the turn! Tonight I was turning as big as physically possible and then going a little further! Awesome results in both my swing speed and ball speed. I felt a little like Hideki in that the big turn slowed me down in getting to the top and allowed me totally load up and then rip through. Sweet!

I know it's been said on this thread before but man, my speed is all in the turn! Tonight I was turning as big as physically possible and then going a little further! Awesome results in both my swing speed and ball speed. I felt a little like Hideki in that the big turn slowed me down in getting to the top and allowed me totally load up and then rip through. Sweet!

I echo this, I was stuck at 118 tonight, had been trying to break 120 for a couple of weeks. I purposefully widened my arc even though it seemed slower I hit 121 with the green stick.

There's 1 shop near me that the "instructor's bay" always has a Swing Fan in it, I love when I get the chance to swing that... I was thinking of getting either that, or maybe the Speed Stick (Speed Bullet?) again just another thing to try and help create lag, get a better feel for releasing the club.

Are you using a radar with the SS workout?

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

I echo this, I was stuck at 118 tonight, had been trying to break 120 for a couple of weeks. I purposefully widened my arc even though it seemed slower I hit 121 with the green stick.

I think I have posted this before. This video helped me to get over the plateau. The idea is to use your ab as the engine of your swing, not arms and hands. See if it works. Don't give up.

There's 1 shop near me that the "instructor's bay" always has a Swing Fan in it, I love when I get the chance to swing that... I was thinking of getting either that, or maybe the Speed Stick (Speed Bullet?) again just another thing to try and help create lag, get a better feel for releasing the club.

Are you using a radar with the SS workout?

No, unfortunately I don't have a radar... I was at a golf shop that had a radar over the weekend, and apparently my swing speed decreased a little bit.