Precision Pro NX7/NX7 Pro

Little follow up from my purchase. I live in town and was able to stop by and pick up my rangefinder in person. The folks at PP Golf are top notch, and they're a small business. As someone who works for a small biz I love supporting other local small businesses. People who are on the fence about these just know this company want's to do it "right." Buy with confidence because their product is great (used it last night), and the company itself is just as great as their product.

Buy with confidence. If I could give my buying experience more than 5 stars I would.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Pretty crazy that this thread, devoted to essentially a single brand of a specialty product, has 52,000+ views. I think its because it's such a "feel good story." I'm completely satisfied with my NX7 Pro, so have no real reason to return to this thread. But I come back to read the comments, just because it is so good to hear so many happy and satisfied customers. Hard to find much "good news" these days. I hope Precision Pro is making some money at their current price points. Thanks for a great product and service.

Taylormade M5 9* w/Prolaunch Blue 45
Taylormade Stealth 3HL 16.5* w/Proforce V2 65 
Taylormade M2 5HL 21* w/Proforce V2 65
Adams Pro Mini Hybrids: 23*, 26* w/VS Proto 95
Srixon Zx65 Combo Irons (Z565 6, Z765 7-9, Z965 PW) w/TT AMT Black
Vokeys: SM7 52-12F, SM7 58-12D, WedgeWorks 60-10V (at 62-12), all w/Pro Modus3 115 Wedge
Odyssey DXF Doublewide

Going to pick one of these up locally on Friday - Mail in Rebate still good? I'll give up the $20 WRX Promo to not have to wait on shipping, but hate to give up $20 + $30 if at all possible.

I live in OH where they have a base, so want to support "local" business, but have seen a few others cheaper that I'm not sure have any less features? I do like the fact that they are on here constantly answering questions and by all accounts have Excellent customer service!

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

UPDATE

Two rounds now with the NX7 and couldn't be more pleased. It is lightning fast and I'm having zero trouble picking up flags, and even other objects for lay-ups etc...

Did have one moment in my second round with it. Got 167 to a pin, clubbed appropriately and put a pretty good swing on it. Came up a solid 15 yards short. Hmmm... that was odd. Next hole I notice I must have bumped the mode button to meters, doh! Perfect explanation! Had a good chuckle and now I'll be more careful to note that it says yards in the display.

Well done Precision Pro, great product!

Going to pick one of these up locally on Friday - Mail in Rebate still good? I'll give up the $20 WRX Promo to not have to wait on shipping, but hate to give up $20 + $30 if at all possible.

I live in OH where they have a base, so want to support "local" business, but have seen a few others cheaper that I'm not sure have any less features? I do like the fact that they are on here constantly answering questions and by all accounts have Excellent customer service!

$30 MIR ended June 30th. I emailed to see if I could still get it, I just ordered 3 days ago, no luck.

Pretty crazy that this thread, devoted to essentially a single brand of a specialty product, has 52,000+ views. I think its because it's such a "feel good story." I'm completely satisfied with my NX7 Pro, so have no real reason to return to this thread. But I come back to read the comments, just because it is so good to hear so many happy and satisfied customers. Hard to find much "good news" these days. I hope Precision Pro is making some money at their current price points. Thanks for a great product and service.

I was waffling on getting a range finder - need it, don't need it, want it...you know how that works. I was primarily looking at the very low end market (Simmons Volt for example, under $100). The fact that I saw a rep from PP reply to people here directly plus all the positive reviews I've read, I opted to get the Nx7, spending about double what the Simmons cost.

I was waffling on getting a range finder - need it, don't need it, want it...you know how that works. I was primarily looking at the very low end market (Simmons Volt for example, under $100). The fact that I saw a rep from PP reply to people here directly plus all the positive reviews I've read, I opted to get the Nx7, spending about double what the Simmons cost.

I just about 2 hours ago stopped by the local distributor and picked one up. Same as you - do I really need it, is it going to help me any more than my Garmin S20 watch, this isn't a "NEED", but a "WANT", still caved.

Sorry to hear they aren't still doing the mail in rebate, but they set a limit and I can't b**** about them sticking to it. That (price point) was one of the big selling points to me (other than excellent reviews and the promise of great customer service).

Quite frankly, I'm still not sure what this one does over some of the same in-class models at a cheaper price, but since they are in CIN and I'm in CLE, I bit the bullet and supported the "local" business. Still saved $ over a Bushnell for about the same functions, so not sour. We'll see how it goes this weekend.

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Little follow up from my purchase. I live in town and was able to stop by and pick up my rangefinder in person. The folks at PP Golf are top notch, and they're a small business. As someone who works for a small biz I love supporting other local small businesses. People who are on the fence about these just know this company want's to do it "right." Buy with confidence because their product is great (used it last night), and the company itself is just as great as their product.

Buy with confidence. If I could give my buying experience more than 5 stars I would.

Thanks for the endorsement, Moe! We very much appreciate it. Like you said, we are a small business, but we are growing because of great communities like this one who are sharing their love for our rangefinders and customer service with their fellow golfers. So thank ALL of you. We promise, as we continue to grow, to deliver the same great quality of products at a price that will always feel like a value and also deliver the industry-best customer service for which you have all come to expect.

Thanks again, everyone!

Odd occurrence with my NX7 Pro today.

When I went to use it on the sixth hole, everything was very dark, like looking through sunglasses. I could barely see the pin from 100 yards. There was nothing on either lense that would cause it. I also noticed the “mode” button wasn’t giving any resistance when pushed and wasn’t working. I messed with it the next few holes and everything finally started working properly again by the ninth.

My guess is some part of the “mode” button became dislodged and was partially blocking the viewing lense on the inside. After it popped back in place it was fine.

I'm just so-so with mine after 3 uses. Very slow to pick up targets, sometimes not picking up targets at all without walking away and coming back to try again. I'll contribute this for now to my in-experience with using one this small and shaky hands, but if doesn't improve I'll be returning.

Also don't like that once it finally does lock onto the target after 7-10 seconds, once I let go of the button all info disappears, and if I didn't catch it all I have to re-shoot again taking another 7-10 seconds. Once again, will need to train myself to hold down the button longer, but don't recall this happening with any of the more "name brand" models. Once I do get locked in, it's right on par with buddies' Bushnells and Leupolds, but much slower and sometimes not at all.

Don't even get me started on trying to get that wrist strap threaded through :angry22: . Finally had to cut some fishing line and thread it through first, tie it to the loop on the strap, then pull it through - what a major pain! Also, the pull-tab on the case zipper was loose and kept falling off until I used a pair of pliers to close it up. Case looks faded right out of the box (makes me wonder if I didn't get a refurb?), and not happy about the zipper and wrist strap issues, but not totally deal breakers right out of the box, but starting to wish I'd overlooked the Ohio connection and went with the Costco one for even cheaper without the pulse (pulse only works when it locks on target, and this thing so far often doesn't or takes forever) or paid a little more for one of the more trusted/established brands. I know they have a ton of good reviews on here, but at this early stage I'm starting to think "you get what you pay for" with this thing.

Will give this a few more weeks of honest effort/trial to see if its a learning curve on my part, or if this thing is just as big a piece of junk as it seems right now?

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

I'm just so-so with mine after 3 uses. Very slow to pick up targets, sometimes not picking up targets at all without walking away and coming back to try again. I'll contribute this for now to my in-experience with using one this small and shaky hands, but if doesn't improve I'll be returning.

Also don't like that once it finally does lock onto the target after 7-10 seconds, once I let go of the button all info disappears, and if I didn't catch it all I have to re-shoot again taking another 7-10 seconds. Once again, will need to train myself to hold down the button longer, but don't recall this happening with any of the more "name brand" models. Once I do get locked in, it's right on par with buddies' Bushnells and Leupolds, but much slower and sometimes not at all.

Don't even get me started on trying to get that wrist strap threaded through :angry22: . Finally had to cut some fishing line and thread it through first, tie it to the loop on the strap, then pull it through - what a major pain! Also, the pull-tab on the case zipper was loose and kept falling off until I used a pair of pliers to close it up. Case looks faded right out of the box (makes me wonder if I didn't get a refurb?), and not happy about the zipper and wrist strap issues, but not totally deal breakers right out of the box, but starting to wish I'd overlooked the Ohio connection and went with the Costco one for even cheaper without the pulse (pulse only works when it locks on target, and this thing so far often doesn't or takes forever) or paid a little more for one of the more trusted/established brands. I know they have a ton of good reviews on here, but at this early stage I'm starting to think "you get what you pay for" with this thing.

Will give this a few more weeks of honest effort/trial to see if its a learning curve on my part, or if this thing is just as big a piece of junk as it seems right now?

You don’t “hold down the button.” Press it once to bring up the crosshairs. Press a second time and the “+” comes up in the crosshairs and gives a distance.

You don’t “hold down the button.” Press it once to bring up the crosshairs. Press a second time and the “+” comes up in the crosshairs and gives a distance.

I'll give that a try next time out. Like I said, I really want to like this, and just as likely a learning curve on my part. I saw they have a few "best use" videos on their site so probably need to watch those as well to see if I can pick up any tips or figure out something I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip!

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Also don't like that once it finally does lock onto the target after 7-10 seconds, once I let go of the button all info disappears, and if I didn't catch it all I have to re-shoot again taking another 7-10 seconds.

Hi halliedog,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. The good news is that, one way or another, we think your experience using your Precision Pro Golf rangefinder is only going to improve from here, because we're either going to get you and your new rangefinder working in synch together or we're going to realize that (for some reason) yours isn't working properly and send you a working replacement.

First off, the rangefinder should be giving you a yardage reading within about 1 second. As someone else mentioned, the laser actually shoots upon release. So it's one press to wake the unit up. Then one press and release to shoot your target. After that, you should be seeing a reading within one second, not anything close to 7-10 seconds. The reading should also stay on the screen from about 8 seconds, giving you plenty of time to read the yardage reading. (And also enough time to read the slope reading, if you have the NX7 Pro that comes with slope.)

Here is a link to a couple video playlists that might be helpful in learning all the bells and whistles of your new rangefinder. There are videos for the NX7, NX7 Pro and Nexus.

I can also assure you that we never would have sent you a refurb. That's just not how we do things. All refurbished products are marked as such and, if sold, done so with complete transparency.

We appreciate that you supported a local small business. We also appreciate the honest feedback. It's our hope that these pointers will help you enjoy your new rangefinder. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us. You can reach me directly at [email protected].

Thanks so much. Please keep us informed with your rangefinders performance. If it continues to perform slowly and inconsistently, let us and know and we'll replace the unit for you.

Take care!

Also don't like that once it finally does lock onto the target after 7-10 seconds, once I let go of the button all info disappears, and if I didn't catch it all I have to re-shoot again taking another 7-10 seconds.

Hi halliedog,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. The good news is that, one way or another, we think your experience using your Precision Pro Golf rangefinder is only going to improve from here, because we're either going to get you and your new rangefinder working in synch together or we're going to realize that (for some reason) yours isn't working properly and send you a working replacement.

First off, the rangefinder should be giving you a yardage reading within about 1 second. As someone else mentioned, the laser actually shoots upon release. So it's one press to wake the unit up. Then one press and release to shoot your target. After that, you should be seeing a reading within one second, not anything close to 7-10 seconds. The reading should also stay on the screen from about 8 seconds, giving you plenty of time to read the yardage reading. (And also enough time to read the slope reading, if you have the NX7 Pro that comes with slope.)

Here is a link to a couple video playlists that might be helpful in learning all the bells and whistles of your new rangefinder. There are videos for the NX7, NX7 Pro and Nexus.

I can also assure you that we never would have sent you a refurb. That's just not how we do things. All refurbished products are marked as such and, if sold, done so with complete transparency.

We appreciate that you supported a local small business. We also appreciate the honest feedback. It's our hope that these pointers will help you enjoy your new rangefinder. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us. You can reach me directly at [email protected].

Thanks so much. Please keep us informed with your rangefinders performance. If it continues to perform slowly and inconsistently, let us and know and we'll replace the unit for you.

Take care!

Thanks for the link. I'll give the videos a watch and see if I can get things worked out on my end, and if not will contact you back if I suspect the unit may be faulty.

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

When I went to use it on the sixth hole, everything was very dark, like looking through sunglasses. I could barely see the pin from 100 yards. There was nothing on either lense that would cause it. I also noticed the “mode” button wasn’t giving any resistance when pushed and wasn’t working. I messed with it the next few holes and everything finally started working properly again by the ninth.

My guess is some part of the “mode” button became dislodged and was partially blocking the viewing lense on the inside. After it popped back in place it was fine.

Precision Pro,

Any comment on this? Should I be worried it’ll happen again?

Finally got another round in with this unit today, and thanks to the tips from Seamus and PPGolf had a much better experience and was completely satisfied! Played with a guy using a Leupold with slope and our numbers were right in sync every time we compared.

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Precision Pro,

Any comment on this? Should I be worried it’ll happen again?

Hi Seamus,

In all honesty, this isn't an issue that I've heard about happening before. I asked our operations team, who handles most of our customer service messages, and they hadn't either. We don't have any reason to believe that you should be worried about it happening again. However, if it does, please contact me directly ([email protected]) and we'll either work to fix the issue or we'll replace the unit.

Thanks, Seamus. Please keep us posted!

Finally got another round in with this unit today, and thanks to the tips from Seamus and PPGolf had a much better experience and was completely satisfied! Played with a guy using a Leupold with slope and our numbers were right in sync every time we compared.

SWEET! *Fist pump*

Thanks so much for your patience. We hope you and your rangefinder have many happy rounds together!

I just purchased the NX7-Pro after reading the reviews. My GPS watch still works like a charm, and I will keep it handy, but I figured I'd step a little deeper into the 21st century by giving the laser range finder a whirl. It should be delivered early next week so I'll check back in afterwards. Silly question but is this USGA approved and is the slope function USGA approved? Thanks

Thanks for purchasing a NX7 Pro! You're gonna love it. As for your question, rangefinders are approved by the USGA. However... the slope function is not. But we got you covered, because your new NX7 Pro has the ability to turn off the slope function, which will keep it USGA approved. (cool)

Let us know if you have any more questions. Thanks again! Feel free to email us at seth@precisionprogolf or call 888-568-6770 with any questions.

So at this point I have well over 20 rounds in since purchasing the NX7 Pro laser rangefinder. It’s a great device that is accurate, compact, and effective. This was one of the most appreciated golf purchases I’ve made in a long time.

I love golf

Driver:  2018 Cally Rogue 10.5* (Set to 12.5*)

Fairway Metals:  Ping G30 14.5* and 18*

Irons:   PXG Gen3 0311P (4-G) MMT80 Stiff

Wedges:  PXG 0311 Forged 54*/58* MMT80 Stiff

Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Lab “Double Wide” 34”

Bag:  G-Fore Daytona Plus (AKA: Vessel Lite)

Another follow-up: I've used this for a few rounds now "the right way" and it is super fast, and every bit as accurate as "the big boys". Best equipment purchase I've made in 2-3 years.

WITB:
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Mine should be delivered on Friday. I will follow up after I use it a few times.

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

These look very interesting.

Is there anywhere in the UK I can get one of these from apart from Amazon please?

I haven't shopped at Amazon for years as I don't agree with their working practices, and would much rather help a golf shop than a corporate monstrosity.

Hi Joelsim,

Thanks for the question. You'll be happy to know that you can purchase directly from our UK website. And, since we store product in the UK, shipping should only take a day or two to reach you. Please feel free to respond to this post or message us directly if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Mine just showed up in the mail. I have not used it on the course yet but hope to in a few days. Only concern might be seeing the display with yardage etc while wearing sun glasses. Will know better when I get outside.

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12