2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Project X T1100 Even Flow White

chch3

I'm still liking mine. After getting the loft adjusted down, I'm hitting it really well...flight and distance is where I want/expect.

I do agree with mister2cool that the shaft seems to like you to go after it a little. I don't think I'm totally on board with thought that is much like the HZRDUS T1100, but I won't say I disagree with that thought either. I stepped down to a 6.0 for this test after my experience with the HZRDUS T1100 so my basis for comparison isn't really apples-to-apples. Add in the fact I added weight to the head and that could be giving me the impression it is softer than it really is.

I'm not totally convinced it will replace the Evo IV but it is making the decision very tough. More testing needed...

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

We will probably start seeing a lot more. Here’s a pic of the one that will be in the new Titleist TS2 and TS3 Drivers. Obviously, no handcrafted label in them either.

I see you installed logo up, opposite of me and now I kinda wish I went up too.

I tried with logo at 3 o'clock position so the people in the group can see when I set up on the tee, and eventually just decided to go logo up with the EF line since the graphic is pretty cool.

Wait, this is a thing? People care this much about what others think of their gear? Last thing I want to do when I'm golfing is stare and compare shafts with other dudes.

I tried with logo at 3 o'clock position so the people in the group can see when I set up on the tee, and eventually just decided to go logo up with the EF line since the graphic is pretty cool.

Wait, this is a thing? People care this much about what others think of their gear? Last thing I want to do when I'm golfing is stare and compare shafts with other dudes.

When I am testing new shafts so yes I would like others to be able to see that it is new and definitely not something they have seen before. It's not about me caring about what others think, rather to start up conversations. I don't really care if you think it is a thing or not, but no I don't mind talking to others about new gears.

PXG SD 58*

So “handcrafted”...I get that it may be different than whatever will be part of the TS offering but will it really perform that much different?

highly doubt you'd notice the difference. i know i didn't.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I found this to be a bit intriguing: Another EF White for sale without the handcrafted logo.

http://www.golfwrx.c...-raw-prototype/

We will probably start seeing a lot more. Here’s a pic of the one that will be in the new Titleist TS2 and TS3 Drivers. Obviously, no handcrafted label in them either.

85g fairway options sounds yummy

When I am testing new shafts so yes I would like others to be able to see that it is new and definitely not something they have seen before. It's not about me caring about what others think, rather to start up conversations. I don't really care if you think it is a thing or not, but no I don't mind talking to others about new gears.

If it was to start up a conversation then just start it up. Rotating a shaft like that is absolutely for the appearance. Not that it's a bad thing, I'm just surprised people go to such lengths lol.

Anybody notice the one on eBay doesn't have the handcrafted logo?

https://www.ebay.com...=item56b13720a1

Everything we have sent to tour has had the HC logo on it. Not sure where this leaked from but we do take cosmetic samples (Display cosmetic on random structure) to customers to show them what the new shaft looks like while we are finishing the structure design, so buyer beware at $720.

I found this to be a bit intriguing: Another EF White for sale without the handcrafted logo.

http://www.golfwrx.c...-raw-prototype/

So “handcrafted”...I get that it may be different than whatever will be part of the TS offering but will it really perform that much different?

Reason I brought up that listing was because TT has indicated that ones with without logo could possibly be cosmetic samples, at least before the non-HC version becomes available via OEM. So it definitely makes you wonder when non-HC ones show up for sale at this time.

PXG SD 58*

it has been covered numerous times. Hand crafted does not mean hand made. It simply means slightly more scrutinized in the process. there is ZERO difference. just more quality checks, an extra stamp, and 300 more dollars.

the handcrafted hazrdus shafts, and nonhandcrafted shafts are rolling of the exact same production lines.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

it has been covered numerous times. Hand crafted does not mean hand made. It simply means slightly more scrutinized in the process. there is ZERO difference. just more quality checks, an extra stamp, and 300 more dollars.

the handcrafted hazrdus shafts, and nonhandcrafted shafts are rolling of the exact same production lines.

I dont believe that last part is correct.

Hand Crafted shafts are hand made in San Diego I thought, non versions being made over seas.........

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1611542-project-x-hand-crafted-vs-non-hand-crafted/page__st__30#entry17060268

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Hand Crafted shafts are hand made in San Diego I thought, non versions being made over seas.........

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry17060268

well then, i am mistaken. thank you.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Let me clear it up... the PX Handcrafted shafts and non-Handcrafted shafts are not the same but are the same.

Kidding aside, the non-handcrafted shafts are made on machines in china using the same materials and built to the same specs (weight, flex, torque, bend point, etc.). Therefore, they are "technically" the same and, as True Temper has done, it could be reasonably advertised to the general public that the shafts on tour marked Handcrafted are the same shafts offered in OEM drivers.

That said, we all know that the Handcrafted shafts, which are hand cut and rolled in a US production facility by a highly trained team of skilled laborers, are not "the same" as mass production models from a quality and resulting performance perspective.

It'd be like saying a frozen Stouffer's Lasagna meal is the same as a freshly made lasagna from your Italian grandmother. Same materials and process and both will do their respective job, but I can almost guarantee the end product isn't near "the same"

Sorry if this has been covered, but, from my reading of this thread, a T1100 user won't necessarily like the EVEN FLOW T1100, correct? Same material, but, different feel? Lowest spinning of EF line but surely not the T1100.

I'm a long time T1100 user and it beats everything I put against it. I figured I'd be crazy not to try the EF T1100......but, after reading this, doesn't seem so crazy, correct?

Thoughts?

Sorry if this has been covered, but, from my reading of this thread, a T1100 user won't necessarily like the EVEN FLOW T1100, correct? Same material, but, different feel? Lowest spinning of EF line but surely not the T1100.

I'm a long time T1100 user and it beats everything I put against it. I figured I'd be crazy not to try the EF T1100......but, after reading this, doesn't seem so crazy, correct?

Thoughts?

It certainly is a possibility. T1100 from HZRDUS line felt great to me, as it wasn't nearly as harsh as Black but produced similar ball flight. After I went down half a flex, it became a total weapon for me. To the point that I could not quite imagine what TT could have done to improve on that. That is, until the EF Black showed up. It is a completely different feel from anything in the HZRDUS line, closest comparable feel would be more like the Yellow, but with a ball flight that's more like the Black.

To me, the biggest difference in feel between EF line and HZRDUS line is that I was able to feel the ball sticking on the face just a hair longer. So it's like ball rocketed off the face with T1100, with EF T1100 it's launched in a sling shot. So depending on the feel you prefer, you may or may not like it. But hey, since you put other shafts up against T1100, so why not EF White? I would still say you'd be crazy not to try it.

I benched the EF White for in favor of EF Black, only because I felt it's still a bit too stiff for me to make the most of my drives throughout the entire round. One of these days, I'll put the two T1100 against each other for a direct comparison, even though they are half a flex apart.

PXG SD 58*

Let me clear it up... the PX Handcrafted shafts and non-Handcrafted shafts are not the same but are the same.

Kidding aside, the non-handcrafted shafts are made on machines in china using the same materials and built to the same specs (weight, flex, torque, bend point, etc.). Therefore, they are "technically" the same and, as True Temper has done, it could be reasonably advertised to the general public that the shafts on tour marked Handcrafted are the same shafts offered in OEM drivers.

That said, we all know that the Handcrafted shafts, which are hand cut and rolled in a US production facility by a highly trained team of skilled laborers, are not "the same" as mass production models from a quality and resulting performance perspective.

It'd be like saying a frozen Stouffer's Lasagna meal is the same as a freshly made lasagna from your Italian grandmother. Same materials and process and both will do their respective job, but I can almost guarantee the end product isn't near "the same"

Stouffers lasagna is actually pretty good IMO

I have gotten to do a good bit of testing with the EF White T1100 thus far. It's not as extensive as I normally would be able to do, but I have gotten to hit it a good bit on the range and a few rounds. I'd have hit it a lot more but I've had a medical issue ongoing and haven't been able to get out with it as much as I would normally as I've been scheduling appointments on off days. Just had oral surgery Friday and hopefully it will be the last of polishing this scare off. That said, this shaft does flat out perform. It's got a very similar flight to the HZRDUS T1100 but you don't have to really go after it to get that flight. I've found it to be one of the smoothest, if not the smoothest, low launching shaft I've ever hit. I also, even though it's softer tipped than I've been playing for a while, have found it's also a pretty anti-left shaft. Sure, crappy swings it won't fix, but there's no shaft that'll do that. I love that it's effortless to hit, though. Look forward to hopefully getting more range and course time with it now.

I have gotten to do a good bit of testing with the EF White T1100 thus far. It's not as extensive as I normally would be able to do, but I have gotten to hit it a good bit on the range and a few rounds. I'd have hit it a lot more but I've had a medical issue ongoing and haven't been able to get out with it as much as I would normally as I've been scheduling appointments on off days. Just had oral surgery Friday and hopefully it will be the last of polishing this scare off. That said, this shaft does flat out perform. It's got a very similar flight to the HZRDUS T1100 but you don't have to really go after it to get that flight. I've found it to be one of the smoothest, if not the smoothest, low launching shaft I've ever hit. I also, even though it's softer tipped than I've been playing for a while, have found it's also a pretty anti-left shaft. Sure, crappy swings it won't fix, but there's no shaft that'll do that. I love that it's effortless to hit, though. Look forward to hopefully getting more range and course time with it now.

Welcome back! Started to wonder what happened to you.

PXG SD 58*

Stouffers lasagna is actually pretty good IMO

After knowing how much the "handcrafters" drink and smoke, it's a crapshoot with the quality. Machines are always going to be more consistent. Period.

Titleist TSi3 w/Oban Kiyoshi White 6X 
Titleist TSi2 15 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5

Titleist TSi2 21 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard

Srixon ZX7 7-PW w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 50/54/58 KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Toulon Las Vegas custom w/BGT Tour 

After knowing how much the "handcrafters" drink and smoke, it's a crapshoot with the quality. Machines are always going to be more consistent. Period.

speaking out your @ss or talking from experience? Cause my time meeting the people that work in the room where the handcrafted shafts are rolled was a completely different group of people you speak horribly about!

speaking out your @ss or talking from experience? Cause my time meeting the people that work in the room where the handcrafted shafts are rolled was a completely different group of people you speak horribly about!

I have 20+ years of building golf clubs and 10+ fitting, I never speak out of my a**. I meant no disparaging of them, just giving proper context. If I were disparaging them, I would simply offer a comparison between TT and it's competitors, which wouldn't do any favors to TT.

The word "handcrafted" infers that these shafts are being made like the interior of a Rolls Royce, which couldn't be further from the truth. Human intervention with materials inherently causes inconsistency, this isn't difficult to understand. An automated, robotic process will produce much more consistent results than a human ever will. The fact that anyone would pay a premium for a line of shafts that inherently have more inconsistency, baffles me.

I have 20+ years of building golf clubs and 10+ fitting, I never speak out of my a**. I meant no disparaging of them, just giving proper context. If I were disparaging them, I would simply offer a comparison between TT and it's competitors, which wouldn't do any favors to TT.

The word "handcrafted" infers that these shafts are being made like the interior of a Rolls Royce, which couldn't be further from the truth. Human intervention with materials inherently causes inconsistency, this isn't difficult to understand. An automated, robotic process will produce much more consistent results than a human ever will. The fact that anyone would pay a premium for a line of shafts that inherently have more inconsistency, baffles me.

I can't lie....I'm intrigued by this logic....it's.....logical

He’s a salesman. Of course he’s going to say that. It drove his club building business for 20 years. His business was based on that fact that he could provide a service so down the specs requested that it was worth the premium he charged to do it. Kinda like a company offering handcrafted shafts that the consumer could be sure was of the highest quality specs and tolerances.

Actually, it's different. I don't offer 2 different services and suggest that one is superior to the other, because my hands are involved in the process.

On the contrary, I actually am not a salesman, I am a clubmaker and a clubfitter. There are many times that I actually talk people out of buying equipment because it won't make them play better or enjoy the game more. I am sure I could have made more $$$ than I have, but I like being able to sleep at night.

I have no issue with anyone purchasing a "handcrafted" graphite shaft. I just think that everyone should know what is meant by "handcrafted."

Hes a salesman. Of course hes going to say that. It drove his club building business for 20 years. His business was based on that fact that he could provide a service so down the specs requested that it was worth the premium he charged to do it. Kinda like a company offering handcrafted shafts that the consumer could be sure was of the highest quality specs and tolerances.