2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Bomber_11 WITB 2018 (Greyson/Seamus/Jones/ButtonBack/PIC HEAVY)

how does the m3 460 perform compared to the 440 and rogue sz for you?

I found the M3 440 and Rogue SZ to spin a little less than M3 460, but neither had as good of feel or forgiveness in comparison to M3 460.

Rogue SZ was probably longest of the pack when you hit one dead nuts center, but mishits seemed to be punished considerably more w/ Rogue SZ and M3 440.

I'm glad I tried M3 460 because I almost wrote it off after trying 440. Very pleasantly surprised by this club :)

New wedges, same mediocre wedge game :D

How do you like the Pro+? I've been playing for about a year and really like it. I can't say I've been on a launch monitor to really know if I've lost or gained anything, but all my distances and spin still seem the same to what I was getting from other premium brands.

Hey dude - just realized I never got back to you.

I really like the Pro+, I'd put them right on par with TP5, Pro V1, etc.

The only ball I like more than the Pro Plus is the Nike Rzn Dot Platinum :( but sadly I had to eventually find a replacement for those - which is shaping up to be the Pro+

New wedges, same mediocre wedge game :D

How do you like the Pro+? I've been playing for about a year and really like it. I can't say I've been on a launch monitor to really know if I've lost or gained anything, but all my distances and spin still seem the same to what I was getting from other premium brands.

Hey dude - just realized I never got back to you.

I really like the Pro+, I'd put them right on par with TP5, Pro V1, etc.

The only ball I like more than the Pro Plus is the Nike Rzn Dot Platinum :( but sadly I had to eventually find a replacement for those - which is shaping up to be the Pro+

In another thread, a user with similar swing speeds and distances as me said they liked the Soft better for feel and had about 10 more yards driver distance. I'm going to have to give it a try.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

how does the m3 460 perform compared to the 440 and rogue sz for you?

I found the M3 440 and Rogue SZ to spin a little less than M3 460, but neither had as good of feel or forgiveness in comparison to M3 460.

Rogue SZ was probably longest of the pack when you hit one dead nuts center, but mishits seemed to be punished considerably more w/ Rogue SZ and M3 440.

I'm glad I tried M3 460 because I almost wrote it off after trying 440. Very pleasantly surprised by this club :)

thanks for the feedback, nice gear and thread you got over here

As a fellow Koepka fan, I wish I could get those 900 tours, a vapor fly pro or a button back in left hand. Awesome bag easily my favorite on this site.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* // Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 7x

Ping G430 2 hybrid 17* (flat std) // Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Srixon u85 20* // Fujikura Ventus Black 10tx

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW // DG TI Onyx X100

Ping Glide 4.0 Tour Issue Raw 50S, 56W, 60T // DG TI Onyx S400

Odyssey Two-ball Ten Armlock 40" 

Titleist ProV1 

More solid time spent at the range!

I've gone (11) consecutive 9-hole stretches without finishing over par - so the game is coming together really well. (married w/ kids so most of my golf is 9 holes at a time) :)

It helps to get a birdie and say "ok now lets go get more" instead of birdie-ing then feeling like you have a cushion to play with.

you liking the 900 tours better than the blade sets you were playing?

They're a little softer at impact than the Callaway or Taylormade blades were - but overall forgiveness/performance they're very comparable.

Lots of people go into it thinking JPX900 Tour's are going to be a compact yet forgiving combo - and they're compact and essentially as forgiving as an MB.

I warn/educate as many people as i can, because it takes top level ball striking to maximize the performance of these.

that being said, if you have the needed skillset then they're absolutely money. I actually enjoy opportunities to pull the long irons out because I can hit shots on an absolute string with these.

They're a little softer at impact than the Callaway or Taylormade blades were - but overall forgiveness/performance they're very comparable.

Lots of people go into it thinking JPX900 Tour's are going to be a compact yet forgiving combo - and they're compact and essentially as forgiving as an MB.

I warn/educate as many people as i can, because it takes top level ball striking to maximize the performance of these.

that being said, if you have the needed skillset then they're absolutely money. I actually enjoy opportunities to pull the long irons out because I can hit shots on an absolute string with these.

I demoed the 6 iron all the time last year but never pulled the trigger on them over the iblades I've got, probably should have. You ever compare them to the mp 18 blades?

I loved the feel of the 900 tours. When I went and got fitted last year it was down to the p750 and the 900 tour but the 750 edged them out but I absolutely loved the feel of them. Could of went with them and would of been just as happy.

I have been resisting going to the Vapor Fly. What are your thoughts in comparison to the 790 that you had earlier in the year?

I like it a lot more so far, but I think that has more to do w/ the shaft than the head. The P790 and Vapor Fly Pro are pretty comparable on feel (maybe slightly softer and less clicky w/ Nike) but the Tensei Pro White 90TX was a little stout/boardy/low launch for what I was looking for.

As strictly a tee-shot club, the P790 + Tensei combo was stellar. But I like my driving iron to also be somehting i can play from 245 out on a par 5 and land soft, and the P790 just didn't do that for me. The NIke Vapor Fly Pro w/ AD-95X hits a massive peak height and lands like a butterfly - but is also versatile enough to hit a mid-launch bullet off the tee box.

I pulled the trigger on the Vapor Fly Pro and it is exactly as you described. Soft of the face, gets up in the air, lands soft.

Thanks again.

Titleist TSR3 8.25* | Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylor Made Stealth2+ 4W 15.75* | Ventus TR Blue 8 TX

Titleist TSR2 7W 20.25* | Tensei 1K Black 85 TX

Titleist T200 Utility 4i | Tensei 1K Black 95X

Titleist T150 (5-P) | Project X 6.0

Titleist SM9 50F/55S/60LBK | Project X 6.0

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini DB

Titleist Pro V1

I have been resisting going to the Vapor Fly. What are your thoughts in comparison to the 790 that you had earlier in the year?

I like it a lot more so far, but I think that has more to do w/ the shaft than the head. The P790 and Vapor Fly Pro are pretty comparable on feel (maybe slightly softer and less clicky w/ Nike) but the Tensei Pro White 90TX was a little stout/boardy/low launch for what I was looking for.

As strictly a tee-shot club, the P790 + Tensei combo was stellar. But I like my driving iron to also be somehting i can play from 245 out on a par 5 and land soft, and the P790 just didn't do that for me. The NIke Vapor Fly Pro w/ AD-95X hits a massive peak height and lands like a butterfly - but is also versatile enough to hit a mid-launch bullet off the tee box.

I pulled the trigger on the Vapor Fly Pro and it is exactly as you described. Soft of the face, gets up in the air, lands soft.

Thanks again.

That's awesome! Your bag looks great - you should definitely post a WITB on here (if you have already send me the link).

How do you like the Pro 95 Tour Spec X in your Vapor Fly Pro? I enjoy this graphite design but man can it get loose if I'm not careful.

How are those p730's? If they came in satin, I would have a set already.

They're great irons - IMO probably the most surprising blade of 2018 (MP18, 718MB, Apex MB, etc.) simply because Taylormade has always been the distance iron company, and i didn't think they could come out of the gate (after not making a true blade since 2014) and deliver a set of irons like these.

You can have them satin! Just take a scotchbrite pad and rub them over and over in the same direction and you'll get a nice dulling of the color and they'll look like they came factory like that.

Thanks again.

That's awesome! Your bag looks great - you should definitely post a WITB on here (if you have already send me the link).

How do you like the Pro 95 Tour Spec X in your Vapor Fly Pro? I enjoy this graphite design but man can it get loose if I'm not careful.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1670756-2018-whats-in-the-bag-jeffyr11/

I had the same troubles with the ADDI and had to get rid of it. The Kuro Kage proto 100 was good but the Pro 95 is by far the best. Great weight, can go after it without worrying about losing either way. Great shaft, highly recommend. It turned into my favorite club in the bag after 3 rounds with it.

And Koepka is playing it, so you know it is good lol.

Titleist TSR3 8.25* | Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylor Made Stealth2+ 4W 15.75* | Ventus TR Blue 8 TX

Titleist TSR2 7W 20.25* | Tensei 1K Black 85 TX

Titleist T200 Utility 4i | Tensei 1K Black 95X

Titleist T150 (5-P) | Project X 6.0

Titleist SM9 50F/55S/60LBK | Project X 6.0

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini DB

Titleist Pro V1

• 1 month later...

Wow, those Nike VRs look sick. Do they have a satin finish or am I just seeing things?

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

How you liking the VRs compared to... I think you have gamed the Apex MB and also MP18s this year? Better hold on to those babies, they could be collectors items some day.

Love the VR Pro's. I'm going to end up picking up some Vapor Pro's for the 3,4,5 irons just to give a hint of forgiveness (the VR pro 3-iron is unbelievably small).

I've always really enjoyed Nike's equipment to be honest with you. The Apex MB's, P730's, and JPX900 Tour's were all great irons and probably from a performance standpoint, were almost identical to the VR Pro's. I just like the feel, look at address, spin, etc. that the Nike's consistently give me.

Wow, those Nike VRs look sick. Do they have a satin finish or am I just seeing things?

Nope you called it - they're the satin VR Pro's

May I ask where you picked those up?

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Nope you called it - they're the satin VR Pro's

May I ask where you picked those up?

You can find them on eBay from time to time - spanning anywhere from $600 to $3,500.

Cheaper option is buy a used set of VR Pro's, take a coarse scotchbrite pad, and rub the heck out of them. It'll cause them to have a satin look.

Used sets are going for around $350-$500 in good condition, not to mention that taking the flashy chrome finish off of them also gets rid of a lot of bag chatter.