Chilllwave WITB (New stuff-SM7/Jones/Miura)

Updated pics are in the most recent post.

Clubs

Callaway Epic 3W 15*-Aldila Rogue Max 75

Nike Covert 3H 20*-Kurokage Black 70

Titleist 716 T-MB (4)-UST Mimaya Recoil F3

Titleist 716 T-MB (5)-KBS Tour V 110.

Titleist 716 CB (6,7)-KBS Tour V 110

Titleist 716 MB (8-P)-KBS Tour V 110

Titleist Vokey SM7 50F

Titleist Vokey SM7 55S

Titleist Vokey SM7 59D

Miura KM-007

Ball

Titleist ProV1

Titleist DT Tru-soft. I carry a handful of yellow ones in my bag in case things start going south.

Grips

Golf Pride MCC +4 grey

Lamkin UTX Mega Paddle

Bag/Headcovers

-Jones Utility Bag-Olive

-Seamus Hibridean Mist fairway

-Seamus Countryman hybrid

-Seamus x Mossy Oak putter cover

6d854f58d7f55b8f5b68a5b5f4df9c8d.jpgd32cee799d02f9e8bb46f3040418e932.jpg4ec2a241bec04f3f2f894f58d0769389.jpgf4b0efd3792d9a29d9b9d79c8bb8c110.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great looking bag of clubs. Well thought out. How do you like the Epic 3 wood?

Thank you, I'm a bit ocd so a lot of time and thought goes into any new equipment purchase. I couldn't be happier with the Epic. I just got back from a 5 day/6 round trip to Tampa and used it off most tee shots due to my inconsistency with driver. I found it to be incredibly easy to hit, long and easily workable. I recommend anyone looking for a 3 wood to give it a shot.

Have you ever tried the Cameron Fastback...got one after playing a spider mallet 2.0 and it was a very easy transition.

I have not but I'll certainly look into that one

• 1 month later...

-Added some new stuff to the bag recently. My birthday was a few weeks back and I treated myself to a Miura KM-007. This has been my dream putter from the moment I first saw it, I found one on eBay for an absolute steal and couldn't pass it up. The transition to this putter was near seamless and the feel is ten times better than my previous putter. The Seamus covers were a gift from a family member and I absolutely love them. They totally change the look of the bag and they're incredibly well made.

-Up next for me is probably going to be a T-MB 4 iron and I'm planning to eventually get the 2 and 3 irons just to complete my set. Possibly switch out my 5 iron for a CB.

-The epic hybrid is probably going to find its way into my bag as well, I can't wait to try it out.

Stay tuned...

Cool bag and love the headcovers. What is the story with the old school titleist wedges? Do you have to regroove them?

Those wedges were hand me downs that I got 5 years ago when first I started playing. They're beat to within an inch of their life and I've lightly sharpened the grooves a few times. When I started the overhaul of my bag I addressed my biggest issues first and these are working just fine. I've been debating changing my wedge lofts so once I narrow in on that is when I'll get some new ones. Probably some Miura, other jdm or vokey cold forged.

Great bag. The Seamus head covers look very nice too. Curious on the MCC +4. Did you have standard grips with any wraps previously? I have standard Tour Velvets with +2 wraps and was wondering if I should mirror this with the MCC +4 - Thanks

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

Great bag. The Seamus head covers look very nice too. Curious on the MCC +4. Did you have standard grips with any wraps previously? I have standard Tour Velvets with +2 wraps and was wondering if I should mirror this with the MCC +4 - Thanks

Previously I was playing standard tour velvet with no additional wraps. I moved to the MCC +4 because I use a really loose grip in my right thumb and index finger and wanted a thicker grip without having to experiment with tape. I think they're the best grips I've ever used.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update

-I recently joined Lake Mohawk Golf Club in Sparta, NJ. The course is immaculately maintained and very difficult. Tons of different layouts of holes with fairly contoured fast greens. Continuing to work with my instructor and my game is coming around quite nicely.

-I also added a 4 iron to my bag that I scored on eBay. This wasn’t the shaft I was intending on playing but it’s working out great so far.

-here’s a photo of my bag with a view of the par 3 ninth hole and clubhouse.

Up next for me is going to be a new wedge setup and driver. I've finally learned how to hit a driver properly and 5 minutes with an Epic driver showed me that I can really benefit from a properly fit driver and new technology, so thats where I'll start my testing. Now that I'm going to be playing exclusively at one course, I'm confident in saying that I'm going to need 4 wedges. I'm dealing with soft fairways and thiccccc rough. My SW is typically played square to the ball and my LW is the wedge I'll manipulate the face on. If anyone has any recommendations for SW/LW, I'm willing to listen.

Really nice bag and set-up! The Seamus stuff is awesome too.

I found getting fit for wedges to be an awesome experience as it wound up being a lesson as well. When I got fit for my wedges I got to spend time out on a course's practice area actually hitting the kind of shots I run into during a round and working with the fitter to see what worked best for my game as well as some time doing LM data capture for consistency sake on more "standard" shots and making sure that my gapping and distance control with the wedges was dialed. I opted for Edel as I had a connection there and couldn't be happier, but I know Titliest/Vokey do the same thing depending on the fitter. I'd look at how comprehensive a fitting a fitting someone can give you over boxing yourself in to one particular brand, but if you already know you like the look and feel of the Vokey stuff I'd start there. Just my opinion.

Keep us posted on what you end up with and good luck around your new home course!

Really nice bag and set-up! The Seamus stuff is awesome too.

I found getting fit for wedges to be an awesome experience as it wound up being a lesson as well. When I got fit for my wedges I got to spend time out on a course's practice area actually hitting the kind of shots I run into during a round and working with the fitter to see what worked best for my game as well as some time doing LM data capture for consistency sake on more "standard" shots and making sure that my gapping and distance control with the wedges was dialed. I opted for Edel as I had a connection there and couldn't be happier, but I know Titliest/Vokey do the same thing depending on the fitter. I'd look at how comprehensive a fitting a fitting someone can give you over boxing yourself in to one particular brand, but if you already know you like the look and feel of the Vokey stuff I'd start there. Just my opinion.

Keep us posted on what you end up with and good luck around your new home course!

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

I think I’m going to meet/book a lesson with the head pro at my club and solely pick his brain on wedge play. Titleist is big in our shop, so they have them for me to try out.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Summer 2018 Update.

-I've committed to not carrying a driver. My epic 3 wood has been super consistent off the tee and can often put it out there in the 265-275 range. Driver puts me in trouble more often than it's worth and for whatever reason I get near the same results as my 3 wood. I've tested a bunch of the new stuff and nothing really seems to match up to my 3 wood, I'll circle back on this at the end of the season.

-I picked up a set of Vokey SM7 to replace my old, beat to hell vokeys. The 50F is used mostly as a gap wedge and the occasional long running chip. The 56S is bent to 55 and is used as my primary short game club for almost all chipping, pitching and bunker shots. 58D is bent to 59 and is pretty much only used as an emergency club when I need loft.

-I also picked up this old bullseye for $20 and the Sugarloaf Social Club towel was a birthday gift from my girlfriend. I love this set.

bda94a5abd909afdbf6ebeda5721160c.jpg

3d35278c1141e689ffbd1fe5b325a265.jpg

6b2ce4a70ac8d1617b3ba9752a35d87b.jpg30fbfb080e85e2c0583fc889ffa66cc5.jpg382145bc3aec38da39916b6037f34035.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody reading has any advice as to how to get myself into a driver I'm all ears. I'm sure if I could hit one solidly it would be a huge benefit to my game. I feel comfortable hitting up on the ball but every driver/shaft combo feels gigantic and clunky.

I know that I have had really good success with going for just a shorter driver with the same shaft I use in my three wood. Have you tried something similar?

If anybody reading has any advice as to how to get myself into a driver I'm all ears. I'm sure if I could hit one solidly it would be a huge benefit to my game. I feel comfortable hitting up on the ball but every driver/shaft combo feels gigantic and clunky.

I know that I have had really good success with going for just a shorter driver with the same shaft I use in my three wood. Have you tried something similar?

That’s the only thing I haven’t tried to be honest only because I was concerned with swing weights and such. My instructor has all the Callaway stuff in his shop though so maybe I’ll put the rogue driver heads on my 3 wood shaft and see what happens. Good idea.

Love the set up... where'd you grab that towel?

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Ventus Black 8-X

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

How do you like the Utility bag?

I have one but I find it's a tight fit for 14 clubs. Maybe because I use midsize grips. Even though I don't play that bag that much these days, preferring my minimalist setup, I still think I might need to take a couple clubs out to make it work. Love the bag design otherwise though, really nice design and they just look awesome (mine is the pacific blue). If it had a little more room it would be perfect.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

Love the set up... where'd you grab that towel?

That towel is from Sugarloaf Social Club, I would imagine it's sold out at this point.

How do you like the Utility bag?

I have one but I find it's a tight fit for 14 clubs. Maybe because I use midsize grips. Even though I don't play that bag that much these days, preferring my minimalist setup, I still think I might need to take a couple clubs out to make it work. Love the bag design otherwise though, really nice design and they just look awesome (mine is the pacific blue). If it had a little more room it would be perfect.

I love my utility bag. I usually don't carry a driver so only having 13 clubs helps but I do have midsize grips on 3W-4 iron and a midsize putter grip. there is some occasional issues with tangle but it honestly doesn't bother me, I just shove the clubs back in and keep it moving. The pockets are setup perfectly for me and it's super light and versatile with the one or two strap option.