ODYSSEY RED BALL

Fourpar18

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are users left eye or right eye dominant?

For me to get the red ball in the center I need to lower my hands about 2* and tilt the putter head back, adding about 1* of loft. I’m right eye dominant.

That's the exact problem with this. Now your setup is really jacked! If your eyes were outside the target line, you just "fixed" that by raising the toe 8n the air and now the face is aimed left

Eh... not really unless your angles are extreme it helps you sole the putter correctly on the line that you’ve chosen. It’s especially helpful on 0-5 footers. Just to get that thing dialed in on a track. Also seemed to smooth out my stroke because I wasn’t adding in or worried about other manipulation. It seemingly takes one of the variables out of play which I think is it’s biggest strong suit. Instead of thinking about 3 or 4 things you aren’t thinking about 2-3. Makes it easier. Allows you to focus on making the putt. Definitely simplified it. I was no longer over putts the. Thinking at the last second... ‘man this looks like it’s at a slightly different angle than usual.. do I need to pull this a little to counter act that?”

This summarizes the putter’s benefits very well. My third round out with this, I had 29 putts, my best putting round in a long time. I have now played 5 rounds with it and I think it will probably lower my putting average by a stroke, which is huge for me at a 5 to 6 handicap. Where it really helps is those 7 to 12 foot putts. I definitely am making more of them with this putter, at least so far.

Played first full round with this and am now completely sold. In the past there would be one or two putts that just seemed to confuse me and would lead to random other issues that would creep into how I addressed the putt. I felt like I executed every putt the way I needed to yesterday. This thing makes it incredibly easy to set up and roll. Almost like anchoring or something. Setup much more consistent.

Best putter for me since WHP #7, I think the insert is what does it for me. Lag putting is just brilliant, also had the "red ball" Powdered coated black which is much better. I do not even use the "ball" portion, it is ALL about this insert...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

I thought I wouldn't like this putter or concept. But after 9 holes with it today WOW. I really struggle with alignment and this helped so much, the versa probably a little more than the red ball but the ball did help me realize when I crowded the putt. Im testing other mallets this month, and this one looks like it could be my gamer if it continues to perform.

G400 LST
TM SLDR TS
Apex UT 18'
Apex MB 18'
RTX 2.0 Raw
Ping Anser Milled

My dad was a club pro with a golf shop and everything so I've tried a bunch of putters over the years including the Seemore. This is the best putter I've ever used in my life. I'm not trying to sell the thing but it's borderline cheating. Most players including really good ones struggle to put the ball on its intended line. You gotta give this thing shot. Love the insert too.

Everyone who tried it in our shop ended up having their hands behind the ball - adding loft.

Also, do you line it up before or after your forward press?

It may be a good putter, but does it overcomplicate putting? Taking your mind off the target?

PING Rapture ^10 driver

Callaway UW 19^

PING Anser Forged Irons 3-pw
PING Forged wedges
Wilson 8802 Putter

I have now had this in the bag for two weeks, one of which I was off work and played a bunch. I have 8 rounds under my belt with it. I have definitely shaved a stroke off of my putting average, which means a stroke off of my handicap. I have had one 29 putt round and earlier this week, I hit 12 greens and had 30 putts to shoot a 72, my best round of the year. The red ball scope-like aid helps with loft and lie, but the whit “C” shape in the mallet is a fabulous alignment aid in and of itself. The Red Ball is firmly in my bag.

Everyone who tried it in our shop ended up having their hands behind the ball - adding loft.

It may be a good putter, but does it overcomplicate putting? Taking your mind off the target?

You don't mess with your hands that much. You lay it down flat and mostly focus on how you're over the ball. Might tweak it more upright or more flat but it's mostly about ball position and it really works. Stroke feels perfect when I get in the right position.

I tried it the other day. I did not find the red ball to help at all. Rolled fine. Did not care for the look of it. Not a difference maker for me. I was better with the EXO Rossie.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

That's what happened when I put it down. My hands were behind the ball. No-go for me. I putt terribly when my hands creep back. Putter head goes straight outside on the way back.

• 2 weeks later...

My handicap is down to a 4.3, about a stroke and a half, since I put this putter in the bag. I am a fair ball striker, but the difference is the Red Ball. I played 9 holes today and had 14 putts, 5 two putts and 4 one putts. Thursday evening, I played 18 and had 36 putts. The difference? On Thursday evening, I threw in a Scotty Cameron Newport just for kicks.

• 3 weeks later...

Played one round with mine and I really liked it-coming from a #7. I took my PuttOut up to my mom’s this past weekend and was working on lag putting and making 10/10 4 footers. I probably hit 500 plus putts over 3 days and I must say that I now hardly notice the red ball, but it has helped me groove my stroke by getting me more upright over the ball. I’m liking it. I think it’s funny that people are calling this a SGI putter. Aren’t all putters, besides a simple brass blade, designed for game improvement? Peripheral weighting, mallet heads, face inserts, grinds, etc?

Are you gonna eat your fat?

I was checking this out yesterday at the LGS.

I didn't find the red ball scope particularly useful and a bit gimmicky. The white alignment lines very prominent against the black head and was what I used to line up. Basically ignored the red ball after that.

I like the insert and feel but I'd hold out for a toe hang model to fit my putting stroke better.

I always thought that the SeeMor concept made a lot of sense but the putter head/center shafted deal just didn't appeal to me. Messed with one of these in the store a couple of weeks ago and I'm seriously considering ordering one.

Although I was only putting on the store's carpet "green", I compared to several others and I definitely rolled the ball more on my intended line with the Red Ball than the others and that's kinda important!

Had a great feel too.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve had this putter in the bag for about 6 weeks now and it feels great and distance control with it is awesome. Don’t even look at the red ball at all unless I just want to make sure I’m over the ball properly. My Newport 2 is in the “other” bag.

DRIVER - PING G430 LST

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 5W

HYBRIDS - PING G430 3H

IRONS - PING i230 4-UW

WEDGES - PING GLIDE 4.0 54S & 58E

PUTTER - SCOTTY CAMERON SS NEWPORT 2

I have been making more one putts with the Red Ball. The feel is extremely good and it just seems to get to the hole or finish up close. Distance control is very good. I have been using it for the past two months and have made some putts that I would not have expected to make. My only thought is that sometimes you find a putter that just works for your stroke. This fits mine... Right now.....

Gil Leonard

I have been using the red ball for about a month mostly indoor putting training. It has helped me to dial in correct lie angle (not heel or toe biasing) and loft (mainly delofting) and I find myself correcting to the proper position on my other putters w similar results as I get w the red ball. I think it is a good tool to dial your setup in and eventually you don’t pay attention to the ball too much, as you have built the feel. I do wonder if they will extend this sight to other designs to appeal to more people. I like this putter.

Are you gonna eat your fat?

• 1 year later...

Are you supposed to be able to take an alen-wrench to that bottom part of the red ball (underneath) and move it to where you like it? I just got this putter in the mail and it appears an allen-wrench to that bottom part of the Red Ball allows you to move it???

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]