Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf (JNPG) Simulator: Info and GC2 Trial

drewtaylor21

grabthepin, the 2 v 2 scrambles have to be one of the most fun modes of play. I also like it when its skins. With dollars increasing as you keep playing, its usually a good finish even if one team starts slowly. JNPG really shines in the Team play and sim golf can get monotonous when playing solo.

Course designer is really fun. I am through two holes at my home course. I have all the tee boxes, fairways, bunkers and greens done so I can play all 18 but there just aren't any trees yet on most of the holes. The LIDAR data is amazing. Some holes were much more uphill or downhill than I realized. The ball rolls how you would expect on the fairways etc. If there is good lidar for the course, I think most would be surprised at how accurate the balls rolls in the fairways etc. Really looking forward to planning out my rounds on the sim and trying different approaches and strategies on my trouble holes.

If your home course has good lidar data, you really just need to trace the google image of the course for the fairways greens etc. Its not overly difficult. Then plant trees etc. Its time consuming but its not as hard as I expected it to be. If you want to be a top designer like the guys that did Pebble Beach/Augusta/Torrey Pines, that's another level but if you just want a playable version of your home course and you have some patience, its doable.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grabthepin, the 2 v 2 scrambles have to be one of the most fun modes of play. I also like it when its skins. With dollars increasing as you keep playing, its usually a good finish even if one team starts slowly. JNPG really shines in the Team play and sim golf can get monotonous when playing solo.

Course designer is really fun. I am through two holes at my home course. I have all the tee boxes, fairways, bunkers and greens done so I can play all 18 but there just aren't any trees yet on most of the holes. The LIDAR data is amazing. Some holes were much more uphill or downhill than I realized. The ball rolls how you would expect on the fairways etc. If there is good lidar for the course, I think most would be surprised at how accurate the balls rolls in the fairways etc. Really looking forward to planning out my rounds on the sim and trying different approaches and strategies on my trouble holes.

If your home course has good lidar data, you really just need to trace the google image of the course for the fairways greens etc. Its not overly difficult. Then plant trees etc. Its time consuming but its not as hard as I expected it to be. If you want to be a top designer like the guys that did Pebble Beach/Augusta/Torrey Pines, that's another level but if you just want a playable version of your home course and you have some patience, its doable.

Just curious, where can you find LIDAR data for your course to start designing?

Just curious, where can you find LIDAR data for your course to start designing?

You can ask nicely in the LIDAR request thread on Online Golf tour site. Some nice members knowledgable in LIDAR and unity will let you know if your course is available and if so, they help prepare a ready to go package with the LIDAR data, a bing map overlay, a google map overlay, and a red terrain overlay (for seeing the lidar more clearly) pacakge that you double click to open into unity which is used to do course design. These are generous fellow PG users that donate their skills to help grow the course catalog. I wouldn't have been able to get started without the package they built me.

http://onlinegolftou...php?f=87&t=3239

More course forge stuff:

http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic/6902-courseforge-video-tutorials/

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I am looking to purchase a recenly refurbished GC2 and am hoping to use the JNPG package. Can anyone confitm that I can definitley use it? I have seen some posts that Foresight might make a firmware or other update when the devices were refurbished to precent this. Thank you

Foresight has blocked the bluetooth connection with the GCQuad, but all GC2's will still work with any 3rd party software. To my knowledge, they really wouldn't be able to turn it off in units that are already out there and functioning. I've never heard of anyone with a refurbished unit having any troubles either, and we have plenty of those guys on JNPG/OGT.

Once you get your GC2, hop in the Discord chat and you'll have plenty of guys to help!

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Hello. I am looking to purchase a recenly refurbished GC2 and am hoping to use the JNPG package. Can anyone confitm that I can definitley use it? I have seen some posts that Foresight might make a firmware or other update when the devices were refurbished to precent this. Thank you

Foresight has blocked the bluetooth connection with the GCQuad, but all GC2's will still work with any 3rd party software. To my knowledge, they really wouldn't be able to turn it off in units that are already out there and functioning. I've never heard of anyone with a refurbished unit having any troubles either, and we have plenty of those guys on JNPG/OGT.

Once you get your GC2, hop in the Discord chat and you'll have plenty of guys to help!

Thanks very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Question for JNPG users. Are you able to setup the offset for both right and left handed golfers so if playing a match it is always properly lined up? Just curious.

Do you mean a righty and lefty playing together on the same simulator setup? If so, I don't believe that's possible. I think you'd have to adjust it each time. Offset is a game-setting, not player specific from what I remember.

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Question for JNPG users. Are you able to setup the offset for both right and left handed golfers so if playing a match it is always properly lined up? Just curious.

Do you mean a righty and lefty playing together on the same simulator setup? If so, I don't believe that's possible. I think you'd have to adjust it each time. Offset is a game-setting, not player specific from what I remember.

I did mean on the same simulator setup at the same time. I don't think I make my space work for a setup where we both hit from the same spot.....not that it wouldn't be nice.

• 4 weeks later...

Some of you may be aware of this Sim software already, and I've discussed it in several threads, but thought it would be helpful to start a dedicated resource thread here on an unbiased forum for anyone who may be interested. For those who may not be aware, there is a lack of objective info about this software on the golf sim forum, as they are financially tied to The Golf Club (TGC), a competing software. Talk of JNPG on that forum results in content being edited/deleted and users banned. Thus, here we are!

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf (JNPG) is a computer game available for purchase on Steam for a $35 one time fee. The game can be found here: http://store.steampo...s_Perfect_Golf/

Once in the game, users have the option of going to the Pro Shop to purchase the annual Sim pass for $250. This enables the user to play the game via connection to a personal launch monitor (GC2, Skytrak, Flightscope, Trackman).

Currently, GC2 users also have the option of a $20 trial run of the software, which can also be purchased in the Pro Shop in-game. Easy step-by-step:

http://onlinegolftou...it=trial#p44560

Another huge benefit to JNPG is the connection to the OnlineGolfTour (OGT), which in my opinion is what really makes this software the best option on the market. OGT offers the user an additional driving range with club fitting mode, full stat tracking during tournament play, trackman-style combines with live leaderboards, and a very competitive weekly tour that hosts 2-round tournaments that follow the PGA Tour schedule. There are currently about 50 guys involved in the weekly events, which offer both a net and gross winner each week, and often include CTP and Long Drive competitions for some additional bragging rights. Active tournaments, information, and leaderboards can be found here: http://www.simulatio...s.html?id=10036

Here is a look at the combines and an example of one of the combine leaderboards (shameless plug)

The community does most of its chatting and game-making via the Discord app, and the guys are more than willing to help any new users with start-up issues or questions: https://discord.gg/veTtjdU Someone is always playing or trying to organize a round, which is easy, as JNPG offer multiplayer options such as scrambles, alternate shot, hazard golf, or just a plain old round on any number of the 200+ courses that are available. Courses are designed using LIDAR data for maximum real-life accuracy, and are continuously being developed and tested for release. I will create another post below with the current real-life courses that are available.

Here is a stream of mine that shows game play and graphics:

[media=]

[/media]

I'll be adding more to this thread to go into more depth on some of the features of JNPG/OGT, but if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Everyone is welcome, of course, but I'm going to be selfish for a second here and say that I'd really love to see some more low handicappers joining so that we can get even better gross competitions going in these winter months!

:golfer:

I am setting up my simulator now with Skytrak and have signed up on Discord. Intend to get JNPG when set up to join OGT. This is probably not the place to ask you but I am very interested in how you set up your mats for hitting and putting. Could you please tell me that?

I am setting up my simulator now with Skytrak and have signed up on Discord. Intend to get JNPG when set up to join OGT. This is probably not the place to ask you but I am very interested in how you set up your mats for hitting and putting. Could you please tell me that?

No worries, I just have a birdieball putting mat next to my stance/hitting mat. My GC2 is on a sliding tray so I can move it when necessary without having to re-align. Looks like this:

Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

No worries, I just have a birdieball putting mat next to my stance/hitting mat. My GC2 is on a sliding tray so I can move it when necessary without having to re-align. Looks like this:

Thanks very much for the info. Something like that should work for Skytrak as well...

Can I just ask a basic question about jnpg- is there a fitting type aspect to jnpg without buying all the online tour stuff? I have a gc2 and find the free app to be lacking, but don't really need all the online play... If I were going to play it would be only with someone else with me but I do want something where I can use my gc2 as a launch monitor and track my distance and spin etc with the software for fitting.

Thanks

Yes, you can.

With the OGT Night Driving Range all of the shot data is tracked. From the OGT Home page you can go to the "Administration" tab and then the "OGT Practice Sessions".

On that page it will show me the club, the Carry distance, Total Distance, Ball speed, Backspin, Sidespin, Vertical Launch Angle, Horizontal Launch Angle, and distance off-line.

I also have the ability to remove individual shots that were obvious mishits, and the bottom of the page shows me the average for the club. For me this is totally worth the $20 / 6 months to be able to use this functionality. And from that perspective all the "tour stuff" is free. I didn't think I'd play many tournaments, but I've found it is much more realistic than I expected, and I like having to hit shots instead of just beating balls.

The other thing you get with the "Tour Stuff" are the combines, which are completely underrated in my opinion. For example, on the "Wedge" combine you get to hit 6 shots each from 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100 yards. As Stingreye pointed out early on in this thread its a terrific way to dial in your distances with different clubs.

• 3 weeks later...

You setup a wifi hotspot with your phone. Connect to it to authenticate sim pass and interface. then disconnect and play offline. But for OGT tournaments, you must have a constant internet connection.

Hi,

is it possible to play by yourself offline to practice or must there be an constant internet connection (build my sim in the garden shed and the wifi is too weak there)?

my gc2 is connected by usb not bluetooth- is there a way to make it work this way too?

Thx

• 2 months later...

Good Afternoon. I recently bought a GC2 and was excited to have an option other than FSX to use it on my computer. I downloaded JNPG but there is no option to use GC2, I only see SkyTrack and Trackman as input options. I know the website for Perfect Golf says that it is NOT compatible with GC2, but I had heard that was just there for legal reasons. Is there a set up workaround for this? Thanks in advance!

Good Afternoon. I recently bought a GC2 and was excited to have an option other than FSX to use it on my computer. I downloaded JNPG but there is no option to use GC2, I only see SkyTrack and Trackman as input options. I know the website for Perfect Golf says that it is NOT compatible with GC2, but I had heard that was just there for legal reasons. Is there a set up workaround for this? Thanks in advance!

Did you purchase the sim pass?

I have not purchased the sim pass, only the game. I am trying to make sure my GC2 will connect before I spend 250 on the sim pass. It is only giving me Skytrack and Trackman as input options.

All the cases that I'm aware of where GC2 is used on a sim that doesn't support it officially (TGC and e6) is generally through the Protee interface (and GSX). So if a Protee sim is not one of the supported sensors, then I would not expect gc2 to be usable. But I'm not an expert by any means so could be wrong.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here to ask (and I believe JNPG is handled under the Skytrack sub-forum):

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/

I have not purchased the sim pass, only the game. I am trying to make sure my GC2 will connect before I spend 250 on the sim pass. It is only giving me Skytrack and Trackman as input options.

It will work.... You can buy a week pass to test perfect golf to see if you like it. You'll need to buy the interface to connect to it through onlinegolftour.net