2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

Does anyone know, is the new TPC course allowing public play yet? We’re going to combine golf and a Rockies/Dodgers game a week from Friday and would like to try to play there.

Hey, we're going to that game as well. A couple of buddies of mine are Dodgers fans (I'm a Reds fan). We're playing golf in the morning/afternoon as well. Great minds think alike!

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know, is the new TPC course allowing public play yet? We’re going to combine golf and a Rockies/Dodgers game a week from Friday and would like to try to play there.

I called up and they said sometime soon but wouldn't give me an exact date.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Hey, we're going to that game as well. A couple of buddies of mine are Dodgers fans (I'm a Reds fan). We're playing golf in the morning/afternoon as well. Great minds think alike!

Nice. I’m one of those long time Dodger fans! And the other three are hard core Rockies fans. They said I can’t wear Dodger stuff.

If we can’t do TPC we’ll have to find some different options.

I couldn’t even find a phone number for them.

By called up, I meant messaged on Instagram (I'm soooo hip).

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

I just learned how to make pour over coffee. We should hang out.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

I’m still on “pony”gram! The only hip thing about me is my bad one.

I wish I could take PTO for a golf vacation. The majority of my PTO is used when going to Europe (our initial plans next year are to spend a week in London or Paris); the rest are for when my kids are out of school so I can do fun things with them. It's also why I like my golf league over the Golf Channel or Golf Week Am Tours; if I do well, I don't have to drop a lot of cash (and PTO) to travel to a resort to play.

I wish my job just had "PTO". But alas, we have a separate "Vacation Pay" and "Sick Pay". So currently, I have 100+ hours of Sick Pay (because I generally never get sick or feel too ill to come into work), yet I have maybe 16 hours of Vacation because I like to travel. It sucks.

No such thing as "being sick of work"??? Just tell them you're having eye problems...can't see myself coming in to work this week!

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Jeebus... someone shot a 60 from the Colorado Open tees at GVR, and that included a bogey.

https://cogf.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/cogf18/event/cogf189/contest/1/leaderboard.htm

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Jeebus... someone shot a 60 from the Colorado Open tees at GVR, and that included a bogey.

https://cogf.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/cogf18/event/cogf189/contest/1/leaderboard.htm

Yeah, it's too bad he lost in the playoff to Davis love III's kid.

Edit: I was joking with my friends earlier this week that I'm thrilled when I shoot an 87 out there...just 27 strokes worse lol!

Edel E-1

Has anyone played Flying Horse Golf Club in Monument? I am fortunate that I will be teeing it up there Friday morning.

Let us know how it is. I keep getting postcards from them about membership opportunities. I loathe driving more than 20 minutes to get to a golf course; I'm sure as heck not going to drive all the way to Monument just to play golf on a regular basis.

(And get off my lawn! :D)

I played on once a few years ago when a co-worker was a member there. It was pretty nice, but much like Inverness, Meridian, etc. Not nice enough for the cost. But then again I am a cheap@a** so unless its Augusta, I'm not paying more than $60 a round with cart! ;)

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

They’ve been throwing around August; but I haven’t heard an exact date yet. I’m playing there Saturday, so I’ll try to pry a date out of em.

I know they’re waiting to open it up to the public until they finish the clubhouse/practice area, and there was still a good bit to finish up in the clubhouse when I took refuge there a week or so ago.

They’ve been throwing around August; but I haven’t heard an exact date yet. I’m playing there Saturday, so I’ll try to pry a date out of em.

I know they’re waiting to open it up to the public until they finish the clubhouse/practice area, and there was still a good bit to finish up in the clubhouse when I took refuge there a week or so ago.

Appreciate the info Queso. Anything else you find out would be greatly appreciated also.

https://cogf.bluegol...leaderboard.htm

Wow, there are some names on there that I recognize from the tour. Dru Love, Andrew Loupe, Notah Begay, Sam Saunders, Shane Bertsch, Jonathan Kaye and Kevin Stadler. Albeit a handful of these guys list Co as their home.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Yeah, quite a few notables. Also, I guess a bunch of web.com guys skip their event to play this one since the prize is bigger than web.com money.

Edel E-1

Appreciate the info Queso. Anything else you find out would be greatly appreciated also.

Yeah, a date would be awesome if you can pry it from them. Would be fun to do the outing there this year if the timing works out.

No such thing as "being sick of work"??? Just tell them you're having eye problems...can't see myself coming in to work this week!

Zing!

Ok guys, need a little help here. I think we’ve given up on TPC for this trip. We’re playing CO National Friday morning before the game.

I need two courses for Thursday. Two of us have played Riverdale Dunes, and GVR is getting pretty pricey. I’m trying to keep the pair relatively close together.

I’ve looked at a combo of Thorncreek and Legacy Ridge. Also Murphy Creek and Heritage Eagle Bend. I’ve only played MC out of this group, so no ideas on the other three.

We’re a fairly cheap bunch so we like those type prices (under $100). Any other combos that would make sense? We’re staying on 120th Ave and I25.

Ok guys, need a little help here. I think we’ve given up on TPC for this trip. We’re playing CO National Friday morning before the game.

I need two courses for Thursday. Two of us have played Riverdale Dunes, and GVR is getting pretty pricey. I’m trying to keep the pair relatively close together.

I’ve looked at a combo of Thorncreek and Legacy Ridge. Also Murphy Creek and Heritage Eagle Bend. I’ve only played MC out of this group, so no ideas on the other three.

We’re a fairly cheap bunch so we like those type prices (under $100). Any other combos that would make sense? We’re staying on 120th Ave and I25.

Walnut Creek? It’s pretty close to legacy. & I haven’t play thorncreek since it re-opened, so I don’t know how different it is, but I’ve always liked todd creek better.

HEB was pretty unappealing to me when I played it, but I also hit it like a blind monkey that day, so take that with a grain of salt.

Walnut Creek? It’s pretty close to legacy. & I haven’t play thorncreek since it re-opened, so I don’t know how different it is, but I’ve always liked todd creek better.

HEB was pretty unappealing to me when I played it, but I also hit it like a blind monkey that day, so take that with a grain of salt.

Thanks. Forgot about Todd Creek. And I’ll look up Walnut Creek too.

I booked ThornCreek at 7:30 and Legacy Ridge at 1:30. Hopefully the timing works ok.

I live up this way and like both those courses. Enjoy!

Thanks. I've driven by both of them several times. Looking forward to actually playing them.

Let us know how Thorncreek is. Usually new greens run pretty slow the first year or two, but they gave it a full spring and summer to get into shape so maybe it won't be that bad.

I'm walking distance to Legacy Ridge, but Walnut Creek is a better design and I play there more often. Legacy has a couple really dumb holes, but it's in good shape and the bad holes don't take away from it too much.

I booked ThornCreek at 7:30 and Legacy Ridge at 1:30. Hopefully the timing works ok.

I live up this way and like both those courses. Enjoy!

Thanks. I've driven by both of them several times. Looking forward to actually playing them.

Let us know how Thorncreek is. Usually new greens run pretty slow the first year or two, but they gave it a full spring and summer to get into shape so maybe it won't be that bad.

I'm walking distance to Legacy Ridge, but Walnut Creek is a better design and I play there more often. Legacy has a couple really dumb holes, but it's in good shape and the bad holes don't take away from it too much.

I'll do that. Although in all honesty it really doesn't take much to impress me, so I'll probably think it's great!

Our fourth who is playing with us Friday, LR is his home course. He said he didn't care as much for Walnut Creek (but also admitted he didn't play very well there, so his opinion may be skewed) so we just went with that. And I've driven past the green that's next to Sheridan, it looks pretty cool.

After seeing that green all those times while driving to the Mariott for dance competitions and not being able to play, yeah, it's time!

Has anyone played Flying Horse Golf Club in Monument? I am fortunate that I will be teeing it up there Friday morning.

Let us know how it is. I keep getting postcards from them about membership opportunities. I loathe driving more than 20 minutes to get to a golf course; I'm sure as heck not going to drive all the way to Monument just to play golf on a regular basis.

(And get off my lawn! :D)

Flying Horse Golf Club was a pleasure to play, at least the first 14 holes before rain, thunder and lightening forced our group to retire into the clubhouse. There are no gimicks on the course and most shots are right in front of you, not many blind shots. Plenty of trouble looms on wayward shots but well placed shots give a decent chance for par or birdie. Greens were really fast and not as much break as I thought. This course is much like The Ridge at Castle Pines North as one would expect since Tom Weiskoph designed both. I look forward to playing Flying Horse Golf Club again if opportunity presents.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Had a pretty good round at GVR today. Shot 82 (43 front, 39 back). The group I got paired with was playing the Blue/Gold split tees, so I played there as well.

The 43 was really frustrating, because I had two double bogeys on 4 and 7. Those are two of the easiest holes on the front 9, and I just made a total mess of them. I felt like I was hitting the ball really well this morning but my putting and short game was just a mess. Got things together and par'd 8 and 9.

Made the turn and just played out of my mind on the back nine. I figured out the pace on the greens and made some good putts. Had two great up and downs on 14 & 17. With a birdie on 13 & a bogey on 15, I was standing on the 18th tee I was even par on the back side. I did a good job the entire side of just playing the hole in front of me and not worrying about my score... but on 18 I couldn't ignore that a par would a) have me shoot even par 36 on the side, b) shoot 79 for the first time ever. I actually hit a good tee shot. I hit my second fat and left it in the rough along the long fairway bunker that edges the hazard. That's when the mental gremlins got in my head and didn't let go. I straight topped my 3rd shot into the hazard. After dropping 4 and hitting 5, I knew I was toast and slapped around a triple bogey 8.

On one hand, I'm stoked that I managed to play a 10 hole stretch (8-17) in even par. That's by far the best golf I've ever played. I was hitting the ball great, missed in the right places and recovered well, and putted really well.

But I can't help but be disappointed in finishing on a triple. If I would've made a 6 and shot 80, I would be ok with it. I'm a 13 hcp, bogeys happen. But a snowman... I'm a 13 hcp that was playing scratch, and then made one swing like a 36 hcp which cost me. F*#&K!

Anyhow... I'm excited to get out again and play Hyland Hills tomorrow.

https://cogf.bluegol...leaderboard.htm

Wow, there are some names on there that I recognize from the tour. Dru Love, Andrew Loupe, Notah Begay, Sam Saunders, Shane Bertsch, Jonathan Kaye and Kevin Stadler. Albeit a handful of these guys list Co as their home.

Not the same Sam Saunders (grandson of Arnold Palmer) but a different Sam Saunders. I played with the kid that played with this Sam Saunders that shot 60 and he said it was the most amazing round of golf he has ever seen. He was just striping it and if he was outside 15', he was going to make it.

Definitely the biggest win thus far for Love.

Looking forward to the report on Thorncreek.