Make switch to PXG?

00bolt

I have an itch for new clubs. As I do every couple years lol. Currently I game a combo set of Titleist 716 CB and MB. I love my irons. I hit them well and I’m used to them. I just want something new and shiny to look at more than need.

That said I’ve always been intrigued with PXG since they came out. I have an opportunity to get the Gen1 at 50% discount through the hero program and am seriously considering 0311T.

I know there’s a million reviews out there. But any real world experience of anyone going from CB or MB to 0311T? Forget price if you could and just keep it based on performance, feel, etc please.

IG: golfer_scott

Callaway Epic - HZRDUS Black
Cobra F9 3 Wood
Titleist 818 H1 19° Hybrid
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Cleveland RTX4 50°, 54°, 58°
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went through the same situation you did. I’ve played a 714 CB/MB set for the last 4 years, but got the itch to try PXG as well. I got a used set of Gen 1 0311t about 2 weeks ago for a cheap price to try out and see if they’re worth investing in a properly fit set.

The PXGs look slightly larger to me looking down on them, but they feel amazing. The workability is nice and they slide through the turf pretty well for, in my opinion, how much bigger the soles are. They are about 3* stronger though, so it took a few holes to get used to the new distances. I wouldn’t think that they’re any longer than the CB/MBs if the lofts were the same for both sets.

My main complaint with them is the shafts. I play a KBS 130x in my Titleists, but the PXGs have a PX LZ 6.0. I bought them knowing the shafts weren’t right for me, but I got a good deal, so I wanted to try the club heads out. I’ve decided to sell this set and try to find one with the shafts I need or just reshaft these ones and game them.

Bottom line, the PXGs do feel really nice and live up to the hype, but I can’t imagine throwing down $3000 for a set. $1500-$2000 is what I would consider on the high side still, but there is definitely some merit to their claims about performance. If I can find a set with my shafts or if I reshaft my set, they’ll probably kick the Titleists out full time.

Thanks. That’s basically exactly what I was looking for. I actually have my CB and MB vent 1 degree strong to match my TMB 3/4 and my wedges. So I thought if I did go 0311T I could bend them 1 degree weak and they’d at that point only be 1 degree off what I’m used to.

Cobra F9 3 Wood
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

I also just made the same switch.

Was playing 716 MBs (7-P), CBs (5-6) and T-MB (4i) with Tour-V 110s.

Bought a second hand set of 0311Ts off a member here (6-P) and the 5i is a regular 0311 all with C-Taper Lite 110s.

Really enjoying the PXGs. They are about 1/2 a club longer for me in distance and fly a little straighter. They spin a little less so I don't spin them back on the greens as much with approach shots but they stop nicely.

In terms of feel, the PXGs feel awesome but I can't say that they feel better than the 716 CBs which are pretty special, just different.

I was concerned about the wider soles on the PXGs but turf interaction has been a non-issue for me.

I have shot 10 consecutive rounds in the 70s since putting them in play, which is an anomaly because I like to throw a bigger number in there occasionally.

Overall,, the PXGs have a muscle back look with a bit more forgiveness and distance. i am really happy I made the switch.

*Imo the regular 0311 plays like the Apex and the 0311T plays more like the Apex Pro.

Hope this helps.

Driver (10):  Titleist TSR3 (Tour AD DI 6s)
3 Wood (16.5):  Titleist TSR2 (Tour AD DI 7s)
Hybrid (19):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Hybrid (22):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Irons (5-G):  Titleist T100S (TT Elevate Tour)
Wedges:  54/58:  Vokey SM9 (PX LZ 6.0 -- Onyx)
Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas 2022

Do you think they spin less because of stronger lofts? Being 3 degrees stronger they are nearly a club off. Would you say the pxg 7 spins similar to CB 6? I’m guessing if so then they’d actually be pretty similar. I hate all the different lofts. I wish there was a standard for irons

Cobra F9 3 Wood
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

You already have Titleist. Why not get TMB? Wouldn’t they be similar price as 50% off pxg? I mean I get it, wouldn’t have the whole pxg look going though.

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

In terms of the spin, it just depends on the iron for me. I can still hold greens with the 4 and 5 irons, but usually get 5’-10’ in rollout. 6 and 7 can usually stick and make a single hop or just stick. 8 and 9 can get some back spin, but I haven’t seen more than 3’ suck back yet. If/when I get a set fit to me, I’ll adjust lofts down 2* to give me a consistent gapping from top through wedges.

I had been playing the 718 MB and 716 prior with PX6.0 and 1 deg. strong switched to the PXG gen2 T's in May. It Took me a month or so to get used to the thick top line but they look normal to me now. I loved my blades but I now love my PXG's a bit better. they have a great feel and are very consistent, great performer. I hung on to my blades thinking there was going to be a honeymoon period, but they will be on the BST soon as the honeymoon never ended. I have never regretted my purchase just know you will get unsolicited opinions of the product good and bad. Hope this helps

Just switched from PING S55s to the 0311T. I’m a big fan of PING and was dead set on the i500. They performed well but couldn’t get past the sound. Like you I had the itch for new irons but couldn’t find anything I liked better. I never considered the PXG due to price but found a set of gen 1s with my specs for 50% off. They check every box in terms of looks performance, feel, and sound. They’re basically what I had hoped for in the i500.

Imo, the TM-Bs do not compare to the PXGs, especially in terms of feel. The TM-Bs are very sharp in feel and the PXGs are very soft. The TM-Bs also spin less. At least for me.

Driver (10):  Titleist TSR3 (Tour AD DI 6s)
3 Wood (16.5):  Titleist TSR2 (Tour AD DI 7s)
Hybrid (19):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Hybrid (22):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Irons (5-G):  Titleist T100S (TT Elevate Tour)
Wedges:  54/58:  Vokey SM9 (PX LZ 6.0 -- Onyx)
Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas 2022

Nice. For $125 a club that’s a deal.

That's my justification......even if there are clubs the equal, one that was priced at 350 and 125 has to have some level of quality in it....compared to the Ping i210 I've demo and loved, this should offer similar if not same performance and equal or better feel! Don't forget the "talking point" of .....ooooooooo , you've got PXG! Hahaha

Do they offer hero’s program on the 0311T or just 0311

Gen 1 irons. ..0311, 0311t,0311xf, 0311x driving iron, 0311 wedges , woods, hybrids and putters!

I didnt see driving iron as part of the program. Did you mean driver?

I was told that gen 1 0311X driving iron is an option....call the players assistance number 1-844-752-9794

Took a test drive with a complete demo set yesterday. I elected to test the irons only, both the 0311 and the 0311 XF. For me I liked the 0311 better and ordered my set to my specs. Can't wait to get them! Yes the 0311 T Gen 1 is available.

Titleist TSR-1 10.5 Speeder Driver, 3-wood, 7-wood
Callaway Epic Star Max, 5-wood

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 6-AW

Titleist TSR-1 Hybrids 5 and 6 

TM Putter

Srixon Z-Star

I was a devout Mizuno blade player for 8+ years. Bought a set of 0311t gen 1s for a steal and was wanted to see what the hype was about. Was honestly assuming I'd selling them. After one round, I put all my other irons up for sale and upgraded to gen 2 0311ts. The clubs are absolutely incredible and cannot say enough good things about them. I do not like their fairway woods at all, but driver and hybrids are absolutely fantastic.

Get them, you will not regret it

I just skimmed through this but thought the following needs to be mentioned. If you are a veteran or first responder PXGs Hero program is amazing. I initially got a set of Gen1 irons 4-Gw for $1140. I now carry a full bag down to the bat attack putter. Driver was $290, 3 wood 250, putter $170. If you qualify it is a bargain and the performance and customer service is awesome. USAF retired and a 5 Hc.

I also just made the same switch.

Was playing 716 MBs (7-P), CBs (5-6) and T-MB (4i) with Tour-V 110s.

Bought a second hand set of 0311Ts off a member here (6-P) and the 5i is a regular 0311 all with C-Taper Lite 110s.

Really enjoying the PXGs. They are about 1/2 a club longer for me in distance and fly a little straighter. They spin a little less so I don't spin them back on the greens as much with approach shots but they stop nicely.

In terms of feel, the PXGs feel awesome but I can't say that they feel better than the 716 CBs which are pretty special, just different.

I was concerned about the wider soles on the PXGs but turf interaction has been a non-issue for me.

I have shot 10 consecutive rounds in the 70s since putting them in play, which is an anomaly because I like to throw a bigger number in there occasionally.

Overall,, the PXGs have a muscle back look with a bit more forgiveness and distance. i am really happy I made the switch.

*Imo the regular 0311 plays like the Apex and the 0311T plays more like the Apex Pro.

Hope this helps.

Glad youre enjoying the 0311Ts!!

Do they offer hero’s program on the 0311T or just 0311

Gen 1 irons. ..0311, 0311t,0311xf, 0311x driving iron, 0311 wedges , woods, hybrids and putters!

I didnt see driving iron as part of the program. Did you mean driver?

I was told that gen 1 0311X driving iron is an option....call the players assistance number 1-844-752-9794

Swoosh you looking for a lefty PXG driving iron?

Saw on my FB you can order the gen one irons online for limited

Time. Price is $195 per club. Seems like a solid deal for those looking to make the switch.

Military, veterans, and first responders can get them for 50% off which is $125 per iron.

Right. And for those that aren’t they have the opportunity to get them at a discount.

Time. Price is $195 per club. Seems like a solid deal for those looking to make the switch.

Military, veterans, and first responders can get them for 50% off which is $125 per iron.

Right. And for those that arent they have the opportunity to get them at a discount.

I was just trying to add to your post in case someone who saw it wasn’t aware.

Not to nitpick but it's more than 50% .... initially the irons were 175 per club which was the 50% discount....now at 125 per club, it's like 65% .....schematics....my order was placed Thursday btw!