How much are your monthly CC fees?

College discount puts me at $55/month unlimited play and full social benefits. Can add on unlimited range balls for $15/month and cart services for $45/month if desired.

Driver - Taylormade M2 2017 9.75*

3W - Cobra RadSpeed Draw 14.5*

5W - Callaway Epic Flash 18*

7W - Taylormade M4 5HL 21*

5H - Callaway Rogue 24*

Irons - Taylormade P790 6-PW

Wedges - TM Milled Grind 50* & 54* | Hi-Toe 60*

Putter - Nike Method Converge B1-01

Grips - MCC clone| Ball - TP5

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it. Moving to Ireland!!!!

I just got back from Scotland and I was so surprised at how cheap their club memberships were. Carnoustie was 800 pounds for the year. Most clubs ranged form about 200-600 pounds.

IMO thats how it should be, about the game, not the pools and the gyms. Different sides of the world though, different traditions.

For the first time since I was a member years ago at a CC, I paid $700 for a weekend golf membership - priority tee times (though we've had the first or second Saturday morning time for years anyway), unlimited play on the weekends (with a cart if I wanted one), range, 20% discount on pro shop purchases. It's a (mostly) Donald Ross course so it is plenty challenging, 30 minutes from home and 50 minutes from my office, which makes weekday play not much of an option, but the weekend deal should work out well for me.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

For the first time since I was a member years ago at a CC, I paid $700 for a weekend golf membership - priority tee times (though we've had the first or second Saturday morning time for years anyway), unlimited play on the weekends (with a cart if I wanted one), range, 20% discount on pro shop purchases. It's a (mostly) Donald Ross course so it is plenty challenging, 30 minutes from home and 50 minutes from my office, which makes weekday play not much of an option, but the weekend deal should work out well for me.

Granville (aka Denison), I'll wager...

$218 monthly. No food/beverage minimums, cart included, unlimited range, 4 courses, 20% off pro shop and food, 16 guest passes, and full access for the fitness facilities (5 gyms and 4 pools).

However, when I was on base in NJ I paid $80 for all access and unlimited range balls for the year..wouldn't mind paying that again!

Ping G425 LST

TSi2

Mizuno 223 4-5, 221 6-P
Mizuno T20 51/55

WedgeWorks 60T Grind
Custom Byron
ProV1x
Instagram : danieljfalcone

We pay about $400 a month, including a small food minimum, so call it $5,000 for the year. My wife and I each play 70 to 90 rounds, call it 150 for the pair of us. If I can do my math right, thats a little under $35 a round. Its a bargain, even before you consider that use of the practice areas is included, and the club is essentially the hub of a huge part of our social life.

Do you mind sharing which club this is? I am also in the nova area and am looking to join a club.

We pay about $400 a month, including a small food minimum, so call it $5,000 for the year. My wife and I each play 70 to 90 rounds, call it 150 for the pair of us. If I can do my math right, thats a little under $35 a round. Its a bargain, even before you consider that use of the practice areas is included, and the club is essentially the hub of a huge part of our social life.

Do you mind sharing which club this is? I am also in the nova area and am looking to join a club.

I live in Reston, and we play at Stoneleigh GC in Round Hill. Depending on where you live, the location could make it tough, but its worth mentioning. If you like, PM me and I'll get you some contact information.

Yep. My office is about 500 yards from tOSU's courses, which is the only other place I've considered, but they get so much play I don't think I could benefit by a membership there, and none of my friends play there. I'd consider joining Columbus CC or Jefferson CC if my daughter committed to playing regularly, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards either - my friends that play at those clubs say their bill averages about $1k/month not including events like the member-member or member-guest.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

I live in Reston, and we play at Stoneleigh GC in Round Hill. Depending on where you live, the location could make it tough, but its worth mentioning. If you like, PM me and I'll get you some contact information.

It looks like its a 50 minute drive from Fairfax. Too far for me to commit to but the course looks great from what I can see on their website.

It looks like its a 50 minute drive from Fairfax. Too far for me to commit to but the course looks great from what I can see on their website.

That seems about right. Its a fun course, lots of up and down, very scenic, and kind of quirky. I'm not sure about any of the courses real close to Fairfax, but I know Hidden Creek in Reston is advertising for members.

Yep. My office is about 500 yards from tOSU's courses, which is the only other place I've considered, but they get so much play I don't think I could benefit by a membership there, and none of my friends play there. I'd consider joining Columbus CC or Jefferson CC if my daughter committed to playing regularly, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards either - my friends that play at those clubs say their bill averages about $1k/month not including events like the member-member or member-guest.

Understood.

I don't hate the new holes cut through the housing development as much as some people and it was worth it to keep the rest of the course, which I really like. Haven't visited in many years (since before the college bought it) but I love me some Granville GC.

That seems about right. Its a fun course, lots of up and down, very scenic, and kind of quirky. I'm not sure about any of the courses real close to Fairfax, but I know Hidden Creek in Reston is advertising for members.

I did see their ad on the Golf Channel. Have you played there recently? Google reviews have not been good for this club.

$195 month. Includes unlimited golf. A great practice facility (grass range, a 100 yard pitching range, practice greens, a bunker complex, and a short par 3 course (48 to 107 yards), and heated bays for the winter. Also includes a gym membership, and no food or drink minimum.

Wow! Where's this because I'm moving.

Has to be a catch because this is too good to be true. I'm thinking like 100k initiation fee or something. Haha

No catch. :-) When I joined I think I paid a $500 initiation fee...that was about 12 years ago. Not sure what it is today.

The catch is you can only play golf 6 months of year due to inclement weather. :taunt:

Mine are $155 a month for a junior membership. I believe food and beverage minimums are $125 every two months. It's an easy to walk 9 hole course that plays to 18. It has already made me a better player because the greens are small, and the fairways are narrow. The downside is that it closes from the beginning of November to April 1st, and there aren't any other amenities available in the winter like simulators, or a gym.

$200 for a monthly platinum membership at an RTJ site, Oxmoor Valley ... 5 18-hole courses within an hour's distance, in addition to 3 nines ... gets you unlimited golf anywhere, at any site, sans Ross Bridge and the other premium one in Mobile ... free range balls ... carts are extra ... walk throughout the year except for summer ...

Northeast of Pittsburgh. $140/month on an introductory deal that rachets up to $200/month in four years. Would cost $25/round for a cart, which I never take. It's a country club in that it's private, has a great pool and clay tennis courts which are included, but the food service is somewhat restricted days/hours. For the most part, though, I can walk out and play whenever I want (excepting Wednesday afternoons and weekends).

Near LA, now around 750. They've gone up every year. It's a reason why I'm interested in this new app I'm working with called the Echelon Golf Network. It lets members truly turn that membership into an asset, the same way one does with a car. So if my clubs guest fees are $75, i post to the app that I'm willing to bring local guests for that value plus a service fee, the service fee ranging from say 15 to 75. Of course, a host could instead overcharge on the 75 and lower the service fee, but the point still stands. If I bring 1 guest 4 some a month (so me and 3 guests), where the guest greens fees add to $225 and i can pocket $300 on the transaction, i just made $75 to play golf and reduced my monthly dues by 10%. the website is echelongolfnetwork.com. I encourage all you fellow private club members to check it out.

• 1 month later...

That's it. Moving to Ireland!!!!

I just got back from Scotland and I was so surprised at how cheap their club memberships were. Carnoustie was 800 pounds for the year. Most clubs ranged form about 200-600 pounds.

IMO thats how it should be, about the game, not the pools and the gyms. Different sides of the world though, different traditions.

It’s actually not even as much as that at Carnoustie. £468 per year for access to all 3 courses, plus between £35 and £150 a year for club fees depending on which club you join. Some people don’t join a club at all and can use the newly built links clubhouse for free. So my monthly fees in total are £45 which may well up there with the best value on the planet (St Andrews residents get an even cheaper deal but access to the old course can be more difficult).

Having said that it’s not a country club and you have to avoid playing right after visitors times as it’s slow (understandably), but all in all golf in Scotland is excellent value, especially Carnoustie. Even then membership numbers nationally are in decline.

• 1 month later...

$150 per month dues, $1200 a year food / beverage, $25 cart fees per 18 holes at my club south of Chicago.

What southside club is this?

Idlewild CC, it is an associate membership.

In The Bag:

Epic Sub Zero 65 Gram Fujikura Pro
Epic Sub Zero 80 Gram Aldila rogue
816 H1 21 degree Motore Speeder 8.8
716 AP 2 4-PW TT DG AMT S400
SM6 50, 54, 58 Wedges
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0

$150 per month dues, $1200 a year food / beverage, $25 cart fees per 18 holes at my club south of Chicago.

Good value.... I heard they and Flossmoor are hurting for members.

Idlewild’s numbers are good. We are finishing 2018 with 278 golfing members and 110 social members, and have a surplus of money on the budget for the third straight year. I don’t really know what Flossmoor’s current financial situation is, but did hear that Calumet CC is hurting, and may be going the semi private route.

In The Bag:

Epic Sub Zero 65 Gram Fujikura Pro
Epic Sub Zero 80 Gram Aldila rogue
816 H1 21 degree Motore Speeder 8.8
716 AP 2 4-PW TT DG AMT S400
SM6 50, 54, 58 Wedges
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0

Good value.... I heard they and Flossmoor are hurting for members.

Idlewild's numbers are good. We are finishing 2018 with 278 golfing members and 110 social members, and have a surplus of money on the budget for the third straight year. I don't really know what Flossmoor's current financial situation is, but did hear that Calumet CC is hurting, and may be going the semi private route.

Good to hear. Yes of course CCC has been on life support for the last several years. Idlewild is in better shape than Flossmoor then I can tell you, anything positive on the South Side is good in today's day and age.

I pay $100 month at a semi private 18 hole built in 1969. So big trees. Bermuda greens etc.

Grass range , huge practice green with chipping area and it’s 3 minutes from home.

Unlimited play and it’s for anyone living in my household. So my 10 year old can play till he moves out. Cart is extra. But not required and I walk 95% of my rounds. Also includes 10% off in pro shop and they are titleist and Wilson staff accounts.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock