Precision Pro NX7/NX7 Pro

Today was the first time that I have been able to use the Precision Pro NX7 Pro rangefinder and the verdict is still out. Overall, I am not very pleased with its performance. My last range finder was an old Bushnell 1500 that died about a year ago and it was always spot on.

Speed – it worked very fast. No problem with speed.

Repeatability - This is where I found the unit to be very inconsistent. There was no wind today so the flag was never moving. I could shoot the flag 6 times and would come up with 4 or 5 different readings anywhere from a 4 to 12 yard difference between the long and the short distances. It made no sense.

Overall verdict – still thinking about it but not very happy with it.

I was hoping to use this later this week in our member / guest but I am afraid of the numbers it is giving me. Back to the GPS

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

Speed – it worked very fast. No problem with speed.

Repeatability - This is where I found the unit to be very inconsistent. There was no wind today so the flag was never moving. I could shoot the flag 6 times and would come up with 4 or 5 different readings anywhere from a 4 to 12 yard difference between the long and the short distances. It made no sense.

I'm sorry that you're experiencing issues with your rangefinder. This definitely doesn't sound right. It looks like you also contacted our support team. Alex, our operations manager, is going to get back with you ASAP. But let me assure you that we'll either find a way to get your rangefinder working correctly or we'll replace the unit for you.

Again, sorry that you're experiencing these issues, but we'll do our best to get it fixed.

Playing on Wednesday and will see if it does any better.

Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up

My son is starting high school golf team next week. Looking for a range finder for him. Really interested in the pro model. Are they still offering $50 rebate?

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

Hi CrazyGolfNut,

We just wanted to follow up and see how your round went on Wednesday with your rangefinder. We hope it all went well, but please let us know if there were any issues.

Thanks for asking. I have used this a lot over the past several days and am very happy with it.

I played 9 on Wednesday in league along with 18 on Thursday and 27 today during our member guest event. Now that I have used it, I believe that my problems were operator error. I received advise that I might be aiming a little too low which was picking up the ground in front of the green. I started aiming higher on the flag stick and had no problems. I let several other people try it out and they all liked it. We compared the distance with several name brand rangefinders and they were all very close to each other.

Overall, I am very pleased with the operation of the unit and the response that I received from the company.

Hope I did not come across too negative with my initial thoughts.

Hi CrazyGolfNut,

We just wanted to follow up and see how your round went on Wednesday with your rangefinder. We hope it all went well, but please let us know if there were any issues.

Thanks for asking. I have used this a lot over the past several days and am very happy with it.

I played 9 on Wednesday in league along with 18 on Thursday and 27 today during our member guest event. Now that I have used it, I believe that my problems were operator error. I received advise that I might be aiming a little too low which was picking up the ground in front of the green. I started aiming higher on the flag stick and had no problems. I let several other people it out and they all liked it. We compared the distance with several name brand rangefinders and they were all very close to each other.

Overall, I am very pleased with the operation of the unit and the response that I received from the company. Hope I did not come across too negative with my initial thoughts.

Which model do you have and have you compared it to any handheld GPS or GPS watches

I have about 8 rounds on my NX7. I’ve been very pleased with it - nice comfortable size and I have not had any performance issues whatsoever.

I like the pulse technology when it locks in on the flag.

The carry case has a nice touch - it zips open and closed, but when it’s open you can use a stretchy strap that keeps it together so the rangefinder doesn’t jump out of the case. It’s much quick way of securing it without having to zip and unzip each time.

Overall I don’t think I’m missing out on any performance compared to models that are double the price.

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

I have had my NX7 Pro for a while now and until this weekend it has worked perfectly. I started having problems all of a sudden on Saturday morning and the unit was not working properly at all. Fortunately my partner had a range finder, but I was without mine for our last two rounds. I have tried to contact Precision Pro all morning and I have not been able to get in contact with anyone in customer service.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had this rangefinder for a few months now and I can say the numbers are within 1yard with any other model inside 170 yards. I notice that after 170yards it begins to show numbers 2,3,4 yards longer than the newer model Bushnells. I only notice this difference beyond 170ish yards and it is only with the new bushnells, had a few people with other brands not have this issue. I am not sure if the Bushnells (which 99% of golfers I know would take their reading as gospel) or the Precision pro is "true" but its always a fun game to have my buddies shoot 200 but I shoot 204 and then everyone acts like it makes a difference in what club they choose.

Or yesterday, he shot 228 to the flag and I said "nope I think it is 231" haha

I have used the Pro for about 4 months now. Always spot on. Only grip is my large hands get in the way of the laser at times.

Cobra Aerojet LS Ventus Black 7

Srixon ZX 3w GD AD TP 7

Rogue 5w HZRDUS 

Vsteel 7w OG Kai'li 80
Srixon 785 5-9 PX LZ, 

Cleveland RTX4 PW PX 
SM8 56* PX
Scratch STI 60* S400
default_odyssey-small.jpg.2662364f2ba2433dc522f3b85be695f1.jpg LE PT 10 

Is there any future thoughts on getting a waterproof one?

that's the only reason I am holding off getting one and still tempted with the X2 to replace my 1600 Pro Tournament.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Had my Bushnell Tour V4 stolen and didn't want to shell that much money out again so I ordered an NX7 Pro. Used it today for the first time today and compared the readings to my father's Tour V3 all along the round; was always within a yard of each other at <150, and 1-3 yards at long distances. It was home course so I only checked slope readings once to compare with my expectations and it matched. Great budget rangefinder that so far is performing as well as the bushnell for half the price. Looking forward to using it more and hopefully this one won't get snatched..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Goodies12,

Precision Pro Golf here! Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your slope adjusted readings. However, we're happy to help and make sure that this issue is resolved.

First off, wanted to make one thing clear. When the M2 (Slope) mode is on, there will actually be two numbers. One is your "non-slope number" and one is the "slope-adjusted" number. Are you seeing both numbers?

If you're aware of this, we'll make sure to keep tracking down the issue for this problem.

Thanks!

Interested in getting one of these to replace a cheap one I bought from Amazon a while back, that allegedly had pin lock, but I'm not sure it does.

In any case, if you're playing a course that doesn't have prisms on the flagstick, how does the rangefinder know you've locked onto the flag instead of something else?

I also wondered, is there anything on the outside of the device to make people you're playing with aware that you are not using the slope function? Obviously the Bushnells have a switch which makes it obvious.

In the Bag

Driver - 2017 Taylormade M1 460

3W - Titleist TS3 14.25º

Srixon ZX-U 18° Iron bent 1° weak - KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 85g

Irons - Taylormade P770 - N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 120, 2º flat

Wedges - 50° Vokey SM7, 54° Vokey SM7, 60° TM HiToe/60° Callaway MD3 PM Grind

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Interested in getting one of these to replace a cheap one I bought from Amazon a while back, that allegedly had pin lock, but I'm not sure it does.

In any case, if you're playing a course that doesn't have prisms on the flagstick, how does the rangefinder know you've locked onto the flag instead of something else?

I also wondered, is there anything on the outside of the device to make people you're playing with aware that you are not using the slope function? Obviously the Bushnells have a switch which makes it obvious.

In general, I believe laser rangefinders report the distance of the closest object within a fairly narrow field of view around the cross hairs. There is no externally visible indication of the "slope/no slope" functionality on the NX7s.

Taylormade M5 9* w/Prolaunch Blue 45
Taylormade Stealth 3HL 16.5* w/Proforce V2 65 
Taylormade M2 5HL 21* w/Proforce V2 65
Adams Pro Mini Hybrids: 23*, 26* w/VS Proto 95
Srixon Zx65 Combo Irons (Z565 6, Z765 7-9, Z965 PW) w/TT AMT Black
Vokeys: SM7 52-12F, SM7 58-12D, WedgeWorks 60-10V (at 62-12), all w/Pro Modus3 115 Wedge
Odyssey DXF Doublewide

Have seen a new Laser just yesterday and tried it out, Hands down fastest locking Laser I have ever seen!!! Check this out if you have a chance http://sureshotgps.c.../pinloc-5000ip/

$199 with Pulse

Classy posting a competitors info on a WRX sponsor page. The one you linked seems sub par in relation to the NX7. Lots of unnecessary online poking to purchase it also. Precision Pro offers a $20 discount code that puts it at $180 and you have pretty easy access to the manufacturer for free battery replacement and user questions.

Thanks for the questions, xreyuk! As DaveGoodrich mentioned, our laser is very user friendly. The beam was designed to make it simple to pick up the flag and the pulse vibration alerts you when that occurs. And he's also correct regarding the slope functionality. There is no current external way to show if it's in slope or non-slope mode. However, this is a feature we're looking at in a future product.

Do you think having that external visibility that the slope function is off would be important for golfers?