Make switch to PXG?

00bolt

Saw on my FB you can order the gen one irons online for limited

Time. Price is $195 per club. Seems like a solid deal for those looking to make the switch.

Military, veterans, and first responders can get them for 50% off which is $125 per iron.

Not to nitpick but it's more than 50% .... initially the irons were 175 per club which was the 50% discount....now at 125 per club, it's like 65% .....schematics....my order was placed Thursday btw!

The Black adds $60 per club if that’s what you got, yes I know the math is $10 off. I just ordered some P790’s but debated on the PXGs and the i500. The $60 shipping and 4 week turnaround was a little off putting.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time. Price is $195 per club. Seems like a solid deal for those looking to make the switch.

Military, veterans, and first responders can get them for 50% off which is $125 per iron.

Not to nitpick but it's more than 50% .... initially the irons were 175 per club which was the 50% discount....now at 125 per club, it's like 65% .....schematics....my order was placed Thursday btw!

The Black adds $60 per club if that’s what you got, yes I know the math is $10 off. I just ordered some P790’s but debated on the PXGs and the i500. The $60 shipping and 4 week turnaround was a little off putting.

I’m hearing it’s around a 2 weeks turnaround now compared to about 3 weeks it took for mine. Depending on the shaft you want, even with the $60 shipping it can be cheaper for the PXG’s compared to the 790’s. I went back and forth for weeks before getting the PXG’s. No regrets. I’m sure you’ll love the 790’s.

<sarcasm > what a deal... selling over priced clubs st everyone else’s regular price and calling it a sale. That snake oil salesman laughing his butt to the bank.

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

The Black adds $60 per club if thats what you got, yes I know the math is $10 off. I just ordered some P790s but debated on the PXGs and the i500. The $60 shipping and 4 week turnaround was a little off putting.

Im hearing its around a 2 weeks turnaround now compared to about 3 weeks it took for mine. Depending on the shaft you want, even with the $60 shipping it can be cheaper for the PXGs compared to the 790s. I went back and forth for weeks before getting the PXGs. No regrets. Im sure youll love the 790s.

It was gonna be close to the same price all things factored in. TM has a 15% military discount btw. Another thing would have been grips as the PXG would’ve been the first thing ripped off and replaced. My set has a scheduled ship date of 8/10 with 1 day shipping but hoping to get them by 8/10.

<sarcasm > what a deal... selling over priced clubs st everyone elses regular price and calling it a sale. That snake oil salesman laughing his butt to the bank.

I have PXG ads pop up on my Facebook news feed a good bit and it’s funny listening to them catch flack and the PXG rep trying to justify everything. Some of the funnier ones was an add for the PXG polos and them trying to justify the $160 price tag for a shirt.

<sarcasm > what a deal... selling over priced clubs st everyone else's regular price and calling it a sale. That snake oil salesman laughing his butt to the bank.

I know that was good therapy for you...

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

<sarcasm > what a deal... selling over priced clubs st everyone else's regular price and calling it a sale. That snake oil salesman laughing his butt to the bank.

I know that was good therapy for you...

It was. ?. Thank you for letting me get that off my chest.

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

I’m hearing it’s around a 2 weeks turnaround now compared to about 3 weeks it took for mine. Depending on the shaft you want, even with the $60 shipping it can be cheaper for the PXG’s compared to the 790’s. I went back and forth for weeks before getting the PXG’s. No regrets. I’m sure you’ll love the 790’s.

It was gonna be close to the same price all things factored in. TM has a 15% military discount btw. Another thing would have been grips as the PXG would’ve been the first thing ripped off and replaced. My set has a scheduled ship date of 8/10 with 1 day shipping but hoping to get them by 8/10.

When I did my comparison (noted this in the PXG thread on D&D), if you get upgraded shafts it’s almost a $300 difference with TM being the MORE expensive. If you go with shafts that aren’t upgrades through TM then it’s almost a $100 savings with TM. Also, if you’re a ho, resale will be better with the PXG’s most likely (I’m sure I’ll catch hell for this, but I don’t care about the check box we clicked on to agree not sell/give away......I paid for the product, you can’t tell me what I can do with something I own). Either way you’ll love the P790’s I’m sure. I would have went with them if they weren’t $300 more with the steel fiber shafts.

No one said anything about the black finish....satin went from 350 to initially 175 and 125 for irons and wedges....my turnaround is placed at 9-14 days but not yet confirmed as the order was done Thursday....when I get a hard date, I'll post!

Im hearing its around a 2 weeks turnaround now compared to about 3 weeks it took for mine. Depending on the shaft you want, even with the $60 shipping it can be cheaper for the PXGs compared to the 790s. I went back and forth for weeks before getting the PXGs. No regrets. Im sure youll love the 790s.

It was gonna be close to the same price all things factored in. TM has a 15% military discount btw. Another thing would have been grips as the PXG wouldve been the first thing ripped off and replaced. My set has a scheduled ship date of 8/10 with 1 day shipping but hoping to get them by 8/10.

When I did my comparison (noted this in the PXG thread on D&D), if you get upgraded shafts its almost a $300 difference with TM being the MORE expensive. If you go with shafts that arent upgrades through TM then its almost a $100 savings with TM. Also, if youre a ho, resale will be better with the PXGs most likely (Im sure Ill catch hell for this, but I dont care about the check box we clicked on to agree not sell/give away......I paid for the product, you cant tell me what I can do with something I own). Either way youll love the P790s Im sure. I would have went with them if they werent $300 more with the steel fiber shafts.

Gotcha. The shafts I considered there wasn’t an upcharge for so I was good there. I honestly don’t think they care how many sets you buy or who for.

I made the switch to a full bag of PXG because of the Hero program - and I couldn't be happier. The 0311T is just an awesome club - no doubt about it. While some people will have their own opinions and complaints - I have none of either. The issue with the stronger loft and spin I found to be minuscule only because the height and decent angle where enough to stop the ball without spinning back. I did gain a bit of distance - about a full club - but I find that because of the gain then mixed in with the wedge setup I have it works perfectly. Get them - you won't be disappointed.

Ping G425 LST

TSi2

Mizuno 223 4-5, 221 6-P
Mizuno T20 51/55

WedgeWorks 60T Grind
Custom Byron
ProV1x
Instagram : danieljfalcone

Wouldn't 50% off be $175? I thought they were $350 each.

I addressed this earlier....initially 50% was the price....now more like 65% with irons being 125 per club

Took 15 days from order to my door in Florida. I’m not sure after 1 round if they will stay but I will say the 0311ts are very forgiving. Hit some bad shots hat had no business making the green but they did.

Oh and check the box, they sent me a little gift.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

Took 15 days from order to my door in Florida. Im not sure after 1 round if they will stay but I will say the 0311ts are very forgiving. Hit some bad shots hat had no business making the green but they did.

Oh and check the box, they sent a little extra item since it was thru heroes.

What item? I didn’t get anything with my 3 wood.

Took 15 days from order to my door in Florida. I’m not sure after 1 round if they will stay but I will say the 0311ts are very forgiving. Hit some bad shots hat had no business making the green but they did.

What item? I didn’t get anything with my 3 wood.

I added a pic. This is my second order thru the hero program so that might have something to do with it.

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

Wouldn't 50% off be $175? I thought they were $350 each.

I never really researched the price points before because I never considered PXG clubs. I saw the hero program and gave it a look and that’s when I saw the prices. I have no clue what they were before or what 50% would’ve been, just saw $125 per iron and the $60 upcharge per club for the black finish.

Took 15 days from order to my door in Florida. Im not sure after 1 round if they will stay but I will say the 0311ts are very forgiving. Hit some bad shots hat had no business making the green but they did.

What item? I didnt get anything with my 3 wood.

I added a pic. This is my second order thru heroes so that might have something to do with it.

Nice!!!! I hope I get something extra when my irons come in. It’ll be my second order as well.

Do they offer hero’s program on the 0311T or just 0311

Gen 1 irons. ..0311, 0311t,0311xf, 0311x driving iron, 0311 wedges , woods, hybrids and putters!

I didnt see driving iron as part of the program. Did you mean driver?

I was told that gen 1 0311X driving iron is an option....call the players assistance number 1-844-752-9794

Do you know if the gen 1 0311x driving iron can be had in black?

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

Do they offer hero’s program on the 0311T or just 0311

Gen 1 irons. ..0311, 0311t,0311xf, 0311x driving iron, 0311 wedges , woods, hybrids and putters!

I didnt see driving iron as part of the program. Did you mean driver?

I was told that gen 1 0311X driving iron is an option....call the players assistance number 1-844-752-9794

Do you know if the gen 1 0311x driving iron can be had in black?

I'd think if you paid the black upcharge.....but I didn't ask....everything is custom.....give a call!

Their not going to have the Gen 1 iron heads forever. At some point PXG is going to close the line.

I had figured the same thing - that is why I ordered an entire bag while I could. Really happy I did.

Ping G425 LST

TSi2

Mizuno 223 4-5, 221 6-P
Mizuno T20 51/55

WedgeWorks 60T Grind
Custom Byron
ProV1x
Instagram : danieljfalcone

Their not going to have the Gen 1 iron heads forever. At some point PXG is going to close the line.

I had figured the same thing - that is why I ordered an entire bag while I could. Really happy I did.

my buddy made the mistake of ordering 5-pw..then going back and getting the 3, hybrid, another putter and driver. Could've saved on shipping/tax...them again the price drop helped his decision also.

Driving irons are available. Call only though. I picked a 2 iron with an Even Flow blue 85g shaft. Limited shaft offerings is the downside

Agreed, there wasn't much the rep could fill me in on for driving iron shaft options. She did mention that there was an up charge for the steelfiber 95 because it wasn't usually offered.

I just couldn't justify spending $3K on a set of irons, even half that, unless custom fitted seems ridiculous, but if can afford it, go for it.....then again, there's always Epon and Miura

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow