Post a Pic of Your Latest Purchase.......

dubogey

Well my first set of pxg lasted a week, hopefully these will last longer.

... what happened to them?

They launched too high. Plus I wanted the black heads.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

Titleîst AP1 718 6-GW with Tensi stiff graphite shafts 1 degree up.

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 15* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 18* Tensei AV Blue
Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* Basarra HL 
Titleist AP1 718 5-GW 48Tensei Graphite 
Vokey 52.08, 56.10 SM9
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35”
Tiltleist 14 Hybrid
Titleist Pro V1

To Blue Jeep Rubicon.. Love It.. Black looks great and may your Rubicon get you too the Best Fairways !

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

Loudmouth "birdie" for fairway wood cover.

Those look great.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Got some Titleist 716 ap2s 4-gw and Cleveland rtx 3 wedges today. Along with the Maltby dbm 3 iron that I ordered to test out. Got a couple extra clubs in the bag at the moment while I'm doing some testing.

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

This arrived in the mail today... can't wait to hit it tomorrow. Matching 3 wood is a weapon so i am very excited.

Driver...TBD

3 wood... TBD

Ping G430 #3 hybrid with RDX red 80 

Srixon ZX MK 11 #3 Utility iron 

Wilson Staff CB 4-PW with DG mid 115 

Wedges... TBD

Scotty Cameron Champions choice Newport 2+ @ 34 inches

Pro V1 

This, in power spec, to be used as a driving iron. 19*.

Did you go with longer and/or lighter shaft or same as in the rest of your G400 set?

The same as the rest of my set as I hit them well. I think I could easily have stiff with my swing but I hit the Alta Reg nicely and consistently. They don’t do a 3 Iron in the G400 and I prefer a shorter length, my driver is 44.5” and my 3-wood 42” so both an inch or so shorter than standard.

I probably don't swing quite as fast as you, my G irons have regular-flex AWT 2.0 steel shafts.

For me the 4-iron is basically a driving iron. From the 5-iron on down I can get plenty of elevation and carry when hitting off tight lies or what have you. But the 4-iron (21 degrees) must be below my cutoff for hitting an iron, even one as forgiving as the Ping G, off the deck. Just low bullets that run out at least 10-15 yards (often longer) after landing.

I can tee it up a bit on a long Par 3 and hit it with a acceptable trajectory, low but still gets some carry. I took it out of the bag in favor of a hybrid but occasionally I miss the ability to hit that low straight 175-yard shot on a narrow tee shot. The hybrid is so long and light it's too easy to miss way left or way right.

I’ll keep you posted. My 5 Iron is really as low as I want to go off the deck, I too find a hybrid (23*) easier to hit that distance (190-200). Often I only hit the 5 a handful of yards further than the 6 (175-180) which I hit extremely well.

I just wanted an iron for tighter tee shots, tried the Crossover to mixed effect, some days brilliant, some couldn’t hit it at all. Tried a Cobra Utility, the same. But I hit the G400s well so fingers crossed I can hit this well 8 out of 10 times or more, hoping for 200-220y off the tee plus a bit of roll. I don’t have any problem elevating my shots, keeping them down is my problem!

I'll keep you posted. My 5 Iron is really as low as I want to go off the deck, I too find a hybrid (23*) easier to hit that distance (190-200). Often I only hit the 5 a handful of yards further than the 6 (175-180) which I hit extremely well.

For me the lightness, length and (usually) closed faces of hybrids make them a real risk-reward club. My bad miss with an iron or hybrid is a quick over-the-top yank, often with a little hand-rollover action as well. So that shot is always lurking for me. If I can make an iron work I go for the iron every time.

But in that range (for me more like 180-190) the reward is worth the risk. Yeah, I might get sloppy and have a big miss once in a while with my 4h but 90% of the time I just get a big old high, straight ball that I can't hit with any iron ever made. I've also in the past had a 21-degree fairway wood that filled a similar role but lately my Tour Edge X-Rail 4h (which cost me all of US$26.00) has been working a treat.

I just wanted an iron for tighter tee shots, tried the Crossover to mixed effect, some days brilliant, some couldn't hit it at all.

My Crossover experience was exactly the same...except without the brilliant days ;-)

I'll keep you posted. My 5 Iron is really as low as I want to go off the deck, I too find a hybrid (23*) easier to hit that distance (190-200). Often I only hit the 5 a handful of yards further than the 6 (175-180) which I hit extremely well.

For me the lightness, length and (usually) closed faces of hybrids make them a real risk-reward club. My bad miss with an iron or hybrid is a quick over-the-top yank, often with a little hand-rollover action as well. So that shot is always lurking for me. If I can make an iron work I go for the iron every time.

But in that range (for me more like 180-190) the reward is worth the risk. Yeah, I might get sloppy and have a big miss once in a while with my 4h but 90% of the time I just get a big old high, straight ball that I can't hit with any iron ever made. I've also in the past had a 21-degree fairway wood that filled a similar role but lately my Tour Edge X-Rail 4h (which cost me all of US$26.00) has been working a treat.

I just wanted an iron for tighter tee shots, tried the Crossover to mixed effect, some days brilliant, some couldn't hit it at all.

My Crossover experience was exactly the same...except without the brilliant days ;-)

Which hybrids are you using? I found that my G400 3 was great off the floor but liable to hook horribly off the tee regularly. Not had the same problems with the Titleist, the 23* is brilliant from everywhere, the 19* is a little harder but way better than the G400 in dispersion and length. I hit one about 255y a couple of weeks ago, albeit the ground was hard. It’s good that they are adjustable, I don’t think I’ll ever buy another hybrid that isn’t. But, like you, I prefer an iron into a green.

Mine's an older Tour Edge 23-degree that a buddy of mine spotted for me recently. He'd used that model (righty) and highly recommended it. That model is several years old so it was a super cheap experiment that happened to work out.

I've never gotten along with any of the conventional Ping hybrids, although a few years back when I had G20 irons I used a 17-degree G20 hybrid that was excellent. Weird, ugly thing with tons of offset.

Nowadays I have a TM M4 driver and 18-degree fairway wood, then the 4h, then 5-UW with the G irons and finally some Vokey wedges. Real eclectic bag.

My take on the G400 Hybrid is that you have to place it forward in your stance or it looks completely wrong at address, a weird angle of the face in relation to the shaft. The 818 h1 sets up more like an iron, which I prefer.

My friend and I were talking about the Titleist hybrids the other day. Do you find they tend to feel "heavier" to swing and at impact than most hybrids? That was his impression with the recent models and a couple of Titleist hybrids I had years ago felt that way to me. Much more solid feeling and less prone to my OTT swing.

Also as you say, Titleist seem to have the knack of making easy to line up hybrids. Lots of their models have looked really good at address to me.

My take on the G400 Hybrid is that you have to place it forward in your stance or it looks completely wrong at address, a weird angle of the face in relation to the shaft. The 818 h1 sets up more like an iron, which I prefer.

My friend and I were talking about the Titleist hybrids the other day. Do you find they tend to feel "heavier" to swing and at impact than most hybrids? That was his impression with the recent models and a couple of Titleist hybrids I had years ago felt that way to me. Much more solid feeling and less prone to my OTT swing.

Also as you say, Titleist seem to have the knack of making easy to line up hybrids. Lots of their models have looked really good at address to me.

Yes, all of that. Very heavy and solid feeling. If you get the chance try the 23* with a Tensei Blue 70HY Regular, really nice shaft. It’s also very workable either way, good from the rough and stops quickly if you want it to.

• easyyy featured this topic
  • Gxgolfer unfeatured this topic