2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Taylormade P790 Irons

trhode

IIUC you haven't even played these clubs, and made comments like UNPLAYABLE clubs.

To me that is not very helpful to others.

I have played the clubs and have already stated that. If you'd taken time to read the comments versus making unfounded assumptions (which says something about you) then you wouldn't look so ignorant now.

In that case, I'm sorry.

I just read at this post,

Exactly. I was just at one of our Socal golf shops and the main fitter at the location said this exact same thing about the P790's. He even went so far as to say because of the distance inconsistencies and variances - they are UNPLAYABLE.

Look, I don't understand all the folks coming in to defend these irons, as if its personal to them. If they work for you great, but most good players won't even consider irons like these with little to no distance control. Guess thats why NO pros are playing them from what I've seen.

Apology accepted. Thanks, RodC!

Just survived a HOT round in Chandler AZ at Cattails at Whirlwind (a Troon Golf Property) and was the first official round with my P790's. I am giving them an A+ for the distance improvement over my previous JPX900 Forged irons. These play a good 1/2 to full club longer and could be the shafts fit me better a bit. I went from PXLZ6.0 in the 900's to Modus 130S straight in the P790's and loving the feel. I think as much as they feel and sound great, I was most surprised with how forgiving they were on slightly off center toe strikes! Some more range time and rounds will really dial these in for me on my quest to get into single digit handy.

Edited for Spelling

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

trolling and reporting an issue is whole different story.

If I was a potential buyer, I'd appreciate the warnings.

Exactly, some here only want one side of the true story told - their side, of course. Many folks, very much appreciate the warnings and the fact that these irons have serious distance issues being brought to light so that others benefit. This is a more important topic than just ONE particular set of clubs because this has the new hollow technology on the line. Anyways, keep on posting ALL of your experiences and just ignore the true trolls.

IIUC you haven't even played these clubs, and made comments like UNPLAYABLE clubs.

To me that is not very helpful to others.

I have played the clubs and have already stated that. If you'd taken time to read the comments versus making unfounded assumptions (which says something about you) then you wouldn't look so ignorant now. Furthermore, it was one our TOP CLUB FITTERS here in SoCal that made the statement ("P790's are UNPLAYABLE because of the distance control issues") directly to me. Its laughable how those still playing these things take it personal when the true insight is coming from someone that spends more hours studying/working/applying this stuff than ALL of us combined. Look, I understand some don't want negative info on these clubs getting out so they can unload them on some unknowing poor soul.

Can you please go and troll another thread? I was really enjoying this one before you joined.

... Just put him on ignore, it makes the thread so much more enjoyable. Plenty have made negative comments about these irons without being a complete d!ck. We are grown men talking about golf equipment, usually in a civilized and congenial manner. Those that are not are simply a waste of time, unless you enjoy juvenile banter.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour

Just survived a HOT round in Chandler AZ at Cattails at Whirlwind (a Troon Golf Property) and was the first official round with my P790's. I am giving them an A+ for the distance improvement over my previous JPX900 Forged irons. These play a good 1/2 to full club anger and could be the shafts fit me better a bit. I went from PXLZ6.0 in the 900's to Modus 130S straight in the P790's and loving the feel. I think as much as they feel and sound great, I was most surprised with how forgiving they were on slightly off center toe strikes! Some more range time and rounds will really dial these in for me on my quest to get into single digit handy.

Aye! Single digit handy, the ultimate goal!

Just survived a HOT round in Chandler AZ at Cattails at Whirlwind (a Troon Golf Property) and was the first official round with my P790's. I am giving them an A+ for the distance improvement over my previous JPX900 Forged irons. These play a good 1/2 to full club anger and could be the shafts fit me better a bit. I went from PXLZ6.0 in the 900's to Modus 130S straight in the P790's and loving the feel. I think as much as they feel and sound great, I was most surprised with how forgiving they were on slightly off center toe strikes! Some more range time and rounds will really dial these in for me on my quest to get into single digit handy.

Of course none of that is actually true we've been told it's literally not possible to play golf with the P790's

I bet you dreamt this!

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

Of course none of that is actually true we've been told it's literally not possible to play golf with the P790's

I bet you dreamt this!

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

I bet you dreamt this!

I hear you! Wish it was a dream, as it was HOT A F out there! Coming from North East Ohio, its going to take some time getting used to not only the bermuda rough but the shear heat which is making me question the goto Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2Gs I have played for years. I did notice during the round that on a few throttled shots, I did feel my perspiration a bit and obviously took away the 100% confidence in the shot with the longer irons. Other than that its all there. These things are so forgiving, long, did I say long, and sound awesome on pure strikes. Plus they just look gorgeous as I recieved numerous compliments from staff and my playing partners yesterday. I really highly recommend them and as of right now, they are the irons that are staying int he bag over my MP53's and JPX900 forged! Nice work TM or PXG or whom ever developed this technology. Thank you

I bet you dreamt this!

I hear you! Wish it was a dream, as it was HOT A F out there! Coming from North East Ohio, its going to take some time getting used to not only the bermuda rough but the shear heat which is making me question the goto Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2Gs I have played for years. I did notice during the round that on a few throttled shots, I did feel my perspiration a bit and obviously took away the 100% confidence in the shot with the longer irons. Other than that its all there. These things are so forgiving, long, did I say long, and sound awesome on pure strikes. Plus they just look gorgeous as I recieved numerous compliments from staff and my playing partners yesterday. I really highly recommend them and as of right now, they are the irons that are staying int he bag over my MP53's and JPX900 forged! Nice work TM or PXG or whom ever developed this technology. Thank you

Maybe try a rain glove until you decide to make a grip change.

I like the P790 but am exchanging them for P770. The distance is nice, but my distance was all over the place with the P790. I'd hit 10 shots at my local indoor range that uses GC2 with my 7 iron and I'd hit 5 shots at a distance I'd expect (168-172). I'd also hit one that carried 180 and another one at 162. According to the data, my clubhead speed didn't vary much and my strikes were consistently center-toe. Attack angles were all similar as well. I took a P770 7 iron and hit 10 shots and all of them were consistent. I carried them about 160-165 and much straighter. For me, I think predictability becomes more valuable which is why I'm making the switch.

I like the P790 but am exchanging them for P770. The distance is nice, but my distance was all over the place with the P790. I'd hit 10 shots at my local indoor range that uses GC2 with my 7 iron and I'd hit 5 shots at a distance I'd expect (168-172). I'd also hit one that carried 180 and another one at 162. According to the data, my clubhead speed didn't vary much and my strikes were consistently center-toe. Attack angles were all similar as well. I took a P770 7 iron and hit 10 shots and all of them were consistent. I carried them about 160-165 and much straighter. For me, I think predictability becomes more valuable which is why I'm making the switch.

This seems to be par for the course!

I bet you dreamt this!

Thank you great idea!

Except for the guy right above, and me, and hundreds of thousands of others who enjoy the irons so much TM can't keep them in stock.

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

I bet you dreamt this!

Thank you great idea!

I live in SC where it’s hot and humid to boot. Sometimes I start out with a leather glove and end up with my rain glove shortly after. They last longer too. The sweat severely deteriorates the life of a premium glove.

I bet you dreamt this!

Thank you great idea!

I live in SC where it’s hot and humid to boot. Sometimes I start out with a leather glove and end up with my rain glove shortly after. They last longer too. The sweat severely deteriorates the life of a premium glove.

Especially the really nice, thin Cabretta ones. They soak through instantly, stretch out of shape quickly when wet and basically go to hell in a handbasket after just a couple really sweaty rounds.

Spin definitely can be reduced from the mat by itself. Even using the CCE mat can lead to -300 to -500 rpm. If i use my GC2 outdoors my spin number is noticeably higher.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

anyone use the 3i as a DI?

I am kicking around a black 790 3i with black DG105/S300, just for fun.

... I have a P790 3 iron with an Even Flow Blue hy shaft and it works well. As a 100 mph smooth swinger, I prefer the original Udi mostly because I was comfortable with it playing it along side my Cobra Forged Tours. But I think it just comes down to a personal preference.

I was a long time Ping iron player. I5 to G25 to iE1 to G400 to G700 back to iE1 and now with P790's.

For me and my game they have been nothing short of spectacular. Roughly the size of the iE1 with the forgiveness of the G25. Feel and sound have been great and the added length in the 5-7 have been a benefit. I hit the 8-P a bit further than the iE1's but nothing that has created an issue as I have played enough rounds with them that I know what to expect.

The only "fliers" that I have had really have been in instances where I believe most any iron would/could potentially create a flyer.

In most instances, I hit them about 1 club longer in the 5-7 and then it tapers down to about 1/2 club longer than I hit the iE1's in the short irons.

I do appreciate the more standard length of the P790's as the G400's and G700's both have 5 irons that are 1/2" longer.

Still trying to figure out the AW though as its the only one that I don't care for.

Have a Ping Glide 50 on the way and may just play that and get rid of the AW.

I'm beyond the honeymoon period with them and have really enjoyed how they perform for my swing.

Just survived a HOT round in Chandler AZ at Cattails at Whirlwind (a Troon Golf Property) and was the first official round with my P790's. I am giving them an A+ for the distance improvement over my previous JPX900 Forged irons. These play a good 1/2 to full club longer and could be the shafts fit me better a bit. I went from PXLZ6.0 in the 900's to Modus 130S straight in the P790's and loving the feel. I think as much as they feel and sound great, I was most surprised with how forgiving they were on slightly off center toe strikes! Some more range time and rounds will really dial these in for me on my quest to get into single digit handy.

... I spent 6 weeks playing everyday inPhoenix this past M arch/April and absolutely loved Whirlwind although I played my P790's on Devils Claw. You really need to dial in distance on an unfamiliar course and the P790's were spot on. Hotting our 2nd shot into 18 a Bobcat just sauntered past the back of the green like he/she was out for a stroll. Just a visual treat the entire round.

... I spent 6 weeks playing everyday inPhoenix this past M arch/April and absolutely loved Whirlwind although I played my P790's on Devils Claw. You really need to dial in distance on an unfamiliar course and the P790's were spot on. Hotting our 2nd shot into 18 a Bobcat just sauntered past the back of the green like he/she was out for a stroll. Just a visual treat the entire round.

Thanks for sharing. We wanted to play Devils Claw but it is undergoing a renovation of the bunkers currently according to the pro shop. Being the first time I played Cattails, no shot looked unrealistic and having the best xtra firepower confidence of the 790’s was a delight. Looking forward to getting a few in the near future in on Devils Claw, hopefully we will get the Bobcat sighting. Too cool brotha

Yet you avatar is a set of Mizuno irons. How long until the P790’s are avatar worthy?

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Yet you avatar is a set of Mizuno irons. How long until the P790’s are avatar worthy?

I bet never, the dude from Avatar probably hits it a ton and has no need for help from a distance iron.

Callaway Mavrik 9* - Rogue 125 70TX
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* - Riptide 70 6.5
Cobra King 3 Utility - Kuro Kage 100X

Wilson FG Tour V6 - X100
Glide 3.0 46, 51, 56, 60 - X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Can you recall what the other data variables were. According to Flightscope optimizer, the broad sensitivities for an average 7 iron are

1,000rpm spin change = 4 yards carry

2 mph ball speed change = 3 yards

2 degrees launch = 1mph as long as launch was sensible to start with so not much effect

So I'm guessing that anyone seeing big carry variances (like your 18 yards) must be down to both spin and ball speed changes as you'd need a combo along the lines of 2,500 RPM and 5mph ball speed variance for that. I'm a mid-high spin player who is also a digger and have had zero distance control issues with the 790's and also found the same with the i500's - I had both of them on a launch monitor for a long session yesterday. Maybe a sweeper who is also a lower spin player might be more inclined to get one that is a groove or two lower on the face and that is impacting on spin and ballspeed?

Was that bobcat playing a SLDR C?

Ping G400 @ 10.5° (Ping Tour 65S)

Ping G400 5 wood @ 16.5° (Ping Alta CB 65S)

Ping G410 7 wood @ 20° (Ping Tour 75X)

Titleist 818H2 @ 22° (PX 6.0)

Ping i210 PowerSpec 5-U (DG S300)

Titleist SM7 54° F / 60° K (DG S200)

Ping Heppler Floki

Titleist ProV1x/AVX

I haven’t posted anything on this site since about 2008...... the hate these irons are getting is biased towards the brand name on them. If they had a missy logo things would be different... however, golfwrx forgive me ... that brand was most relevant back in 1999.... ( they make amazing irons) tour dominance?..... look I’m not a “stick” but I was a stand out junior golfer back when mizzy blades were the “thing” even the re-stamped thing.. I can drop names from a old school tour builder that rhymes with a famous guitar company... I’m old (miles not years) broken combat vet who at one time... the late Lee Elder said had “it”. I wasted “it” after my time in the military. However, I had enough to play NAIA golf in OR/ I competed in the event mentioned on this site with the top college players.... my score was very very high ... A testament to the play of the Canadian player who shot a 4ball scramble score of 62 on that narrow OR coast track. My point is ... I’m not a “stick” I am a “has been” that can still break par ( wine-valley in WA, D1and D2 schools present) I had a low 2nd round score (70 par 72) on the back end of walking 36. I have a P790 story that will make the hate more angry/ the fan boys happy/ the “others”.... hopefully will go out and try to find what works. This is my 790 story/ love affair/ almost BST story:

I’m a mid to low spin guy. Played the TP5x / Penta before that .... yes I’m a TM fan boy not by choice ( I rebuilt everything I’ve gotten from TM to fit me) pm me to find out why I stick with TM if you want to know. However, this iron performs if you SPIN IT ENOUGH.... I didn’t change the ball I played it cost me my third club championship at Springfield Golf Club in OR... I don’t say that in a way that would be disrespectful to the champion or his performance... it is only from the perspective of hind-sight ... I could have made more puts... he could have too.. However not having ENOUGH SPIN is a bad thing. I recently made a ball change, the 300-600 rpms have made the a incredible difference for me. Yes I gained a clubish in distance with the iron change... does it really matter .... no. After the correct club/ball/shaft combo everything works.... I can hit 3 yd carry gaps with my irons.... I just can’t hit fairway with a putter off the tee.... the take away is this.... these irons don’t have hot spots , dynamic vs static loft +spinrate does..

Two sets both built by will @thepeoplesclubs old gamers : RSI TP (tour issue) 2*strong ( vs std for that model) 4-9 w UST proto 125 x softstep +1” with a old udi 3i ( nunchuck iron shaft) also +” / TM 790 3-9 1* weak 3i with the same nunchuck and 4-9 same shaft as above.... before the ball change from tp5x to b330 ... ie exact gamer ball plus almost the same build the 790s were all over in distance... high nuckles that flew ... sometimes I hit the 9i 180 carry .... none sim actual real world golf course data. My driver SS has huge variations .. 105-125 ... ( high side verification from a teacher with top end equipment in the Eugene OR area) my current distance chart will follow after my rant.. if you get the 790s dump the PW ... if you have one throw it out.. imo.. get whatever wedge your playing get the strongest one they offer and bend it 1.5 strong... ie I have last years TM wedge in 47* actual is probably 45.5. I also ported it myself and added weight high in the face to balance it to the rest of the set...

RSI TP w UST Proto 125 f5 (soft) +1” & 2*strong

3- 215- 220 ( nunchuck iron shaft) same spec

4- 203

5- 190

6- 182

7- 172

8- 165

9-152

(Carry average)

TM 790 - 1* weak (from oem std) 3-9 +1” ( same nunchuck shaft in the 3i as the older udi)

3 - 230- 280 ( I have had as long as 280 of teeing grounds with favorable conditions... witnessed... I will provide names dates and location via pm on the distance high side)

4- 213

5- 203

6- 195

7-182

8- 170

9- 163

(Carry averaging since early May)

Take away: these irons are hot. Distances ARE CONSISTENT with the correct spin rates... ( I don’t have track man numbers ... try a higher spining ball like I did.... your short game will thank you ... and unless your on the LD circuit I call bullsh*t on your 17L17S track man data you posted for either cally or TM’s newest and latest... ( both are great clubs) let’s be real online warriors... we don’t really hit it 295 in the air every time... I doubt the golfers average is much over 280 in the “stick” club. I drop and stop with these irons into the 5 ... with hard baked out forestfire conditions in Oregon currently. Distance gaps are larger yes.... instead of one chokedown spot I have two for most clubs... (I played KZG ZO blades back in the day with better distance gaping then mizzy could ever produce). I can still hit 3-5 carry gaps honestly if I practice or play more then twice a week I think I can get it down to 2-3. GET FITTED!!! This iron may not work for you. However it is a great OMG forgiving club that is WORKABLE high low left and right... it is fast off the face and, with enough SPIN it flat out performs... trust me I almost gave up on mine.

[size=3][font=georgia,serif]WITB:
Driver: TM ,(17) M1 8.5* /HZDRUS T1100 (High Draw neutral)[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]FW: TM, (17) M1 3HL /GD DI 6x (Draw Open)[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]IRONS: TM, 3 UDI/ Nventix Nunchuck [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]4-9 RSI TP/ Recoil Proto F5 [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Wedges: TM TP EF, 47* 52*/ Recoil Proto F5 [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Fourteen, RM 22 58*/ Recoil Proto Wedge [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Putter: Both Counterbalanced/ either Nike BB01 or TM DJ spider [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Ball: TM TP5X[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]MISC: Big time thank you to @thepeoplesclubs.com/ thepeoplesclubs.com is the only thing I can say for sure will not leave my bag anytime soon.[/font][/size]

I haven’t posted anything on this site since about 2008...... the hate these irons are getting is biased towards the brand name on them. If they had a missy logo things would be different... however, golfwrx forgive me ... that brand was most relevant back in 1999.... ( they make amazing irons) tour dominance?..... look I’m not a “stick” but I was a stand out junior golfer back when mizzy blades were the “thing” even the re-stamped thing.. I can drop names from a old school tour builder that rhymes with a famous guitar company... I’m old (miles not years) broken combat vet who at one time... the late Lee Elder said had “it”. I wasted “it” after my time in the military. However, I had enough to play NAIA golf in OR/ I competed in the event mentioned on this site with the top college players.... my score was very very high ... A testament to the play of the Canadian player who shot a 4ball scramble score of 62 on that narrow OR coast track. My point is ... I’m not a “stick” I am a “has been” that can still break par ( wine-valley in WA, D1and D2 schools present) I had a low 2nd round score (70 par 72) on the back end of walking 36. I have a P790 story that will make the hate more angry/ the fan boys happy/ the “others”.... hopefully will go out and try to find what works. This is my 790 story/ love affair/ almost BST story:

I’m a mid to low spin guy. Played the TP5x / Penta before that .... yes I’m a TM fan boy not by choice ( I rebuilt everything I’ve gotten from TM to fit me) pm me to find out why I stick with TM if you want to know. However, this iron performs if you SPIN IT ENOUGH.... I didn’t change the ball I played it cost me my third club championship at Springfield Golf Club in OR... I don’t say that in a way that would be disrespectful to the champion or his performance... it is only from the perspective of hind-sight ... I could have made more puts... he could have too.. However not having ENOUGH SPIN is a bad thing. I recently made a ball change, the 300-600 rpms have made the a incredible difference for me. Yes I gained a clubish in distance with the iron change... does it really matter .... no. After the correct club/ball/shaft combo everything works.... I can hit 3 yd carry gaps with my irons.... I just can’t hit fairway with a putter off the tee.... the take away is this.... these irons don’t have hot spots , dynamic vs static loft +spinrate does..

Two sets both built by will @thepeoplesclubs old gamers : RSI TP (tour issue) 2*strong ( vs std for that model) 4-9 w UST proto 125 x softstep +1” with a old udi 3i ( nunchuck iron shaft) also +” / TM 790 3-9 1* weak 3i with the same nunchuck and 4-9 same shaft as above.... before the ball change from tp5x to b330 ... ie exact gamer ball plus almost the same build the 790s were all over in distance... high nuckles that flew ... sometimes I hit the 9i 180 carry .... none sim actual real world golf course data. My driver SS has huge variations .. 105-125 ... ( high side verification from a teacher with top end equipment in the Eugene OR area) my current distance chart will follow after my rant.. if you get the 790s dump the PW ... if you have one throw it out.. imo.. get whatever wedge your playing get the strongest one they offer and bend it 1.5 strong... ie I have last years TM wedge in 47* actual is probably 45.5. I also ported it myself and added weight high in the face to balance it to the rest of the set...

RSI TP w UST Proto 125 f5 (soft) +1” & 2*strong

3- 215- 220 ( nunchuck iron shaft) same spec

4- 203

5- 190

6- 182

7- 172

8- 165

9-152

(Carry average)

TM 790 - 1* weak (from oem std) 3-9 +1” ( same nunchuck shaft in the 3i as the older udi)

3 - 230- 280 ( I have had as long as 280 of teeing grounds with favorable conditions... witnessed... I will provide names dates and location via pm on the distance high side)

4- 213

5- 203

6- 195

7-182

8- 170

9- 163

(Carry averaging since early May)

Take away: these irons are hot. Distances ARE CONSISTENT with the correct spin rates... ( I don’t have track man numbers ... try a higher spining ball like I did.... your short game will thank you ... and unless your on the LD circuit I call bullsh*t on your 17L17S track man data you posted for either cally or TM’s newest and latest... ( both are great clubs) let’s be real online warriors... we don’t really hit it 295 in the air every time... I doubt the golfers average is much over 280 in the “stick” club. I drop and stop with these irons into the 5 ... with hard baked out forestfire conditions in Oregon currently. Distance gaps are larger yes.... instead of one chokedown spot I have two for most clubs... (I played KZG ZO blades back in the day with better distance gaping then mizzy could ever produce). I can still hit 3-5 carry gaps honestly if I practice or play more then twice a week I think I can get it down to 2-3. GET FITTED!!! This iron may not work for you. However it is a great OMG forgiving club that is WORKABLE high low left and right... it is fast off the face and, with enough SPIN it flat out performs... trust me I almost gave up on mine.

[size=3][font=georgia,serif]WITB:
Driver: TM ,(17) M1 8.5* /HZDRUS T1100 (High Draw neutral)[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]FW: TM, (17) M1 3HL /GD DI 6x (Draw Open)[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]IRONS: TM, 3 UDI/ Nventix Nunchuck [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]4-9 RSI TP/ Recoil Proto F5 [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Wedges: TM TP EF, 47* 52*/ Recoil Proto F5 [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Fourteen, RM 22 58*/ Recoil Proto Wedge [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Putter: Both Counterbalanced/ either Nike BB01 or TM DJ spider [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Ball: TM TP5X[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]MISC: Big time thank you to @thepeoplesclubs.com/ thepeoplesclubs.com is the only thing I can say for sure will not leave my bag anytime soon.[/font][/size]

... You see what you want to see. My avatar is 11 different irons and only one of them is a MIzuno. MP63, AP2, RBZ Tour, Nike Forged Combo, 588TT's, Lynx MC Forged and Cobra Forged Tours along with Scratch, Bettinradi, Vokey and Harry Taylor wedges. All irons I own and the picture was taken before I picked up my P790's and Honma 737's.