Make switch to PXG?

00bolt

So I went to a PXG fitting session with the intention of buying a driving iron and a putter, and walked away with a new driver, driving iron, set of irons, 3 wedges and a putter. Oh and a bag.

Awesome fitting session though... I’ve never been that bothered about swingweight before, but it turns out that most of my clubs were swinging at a D0 due to the weight of the grips and type of shaft I use. He moved me out of C-Taper 130x and put me in to Nippon Modus 3 105X with a D4 swingweight, and the difference was amazing. Suddenly I could feel the club head again!

Same story with driver, went from an ad-di 6x to an ad-gp 7x, and the driving iron from a c-taper 130x to a KBS 95 graphite prototype.

I hate myself for going to PXG, but their stuff flat out works.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently purchased a set GEN 1 PXG 0311 irons ( 5-GW and 0311 54 and 58 wedges) the irons are standard all the way around with C-Taper Lite stiff shafts and the wedges have KBS Hi-Rev 2.0.

I have 36 holes in with the PXG irons and wedges (HERO Program) and I will express my feelings about the irons as they compare to my TM P-770's with the same exact shaft and a 54 MG wedge with a KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 and a 58 Hi-toe with a KBS HI-Rev 2.0. The P-770's are 1 degree strong set by TM.

The PXG irons feel great on center strikes, but feel pretty bad (dull) on off center strikes. The ball flight with the PXG is really flat. They spin well and all the irons I hit into the green seem to hold fine, I use the AVX ball. The wedges are really good, feel, and spin great around the greens, though the profile of the wedge is smaller than the TM MG. Overall great looking clubs that feel ok.

The TM 770's seem more responsive, they spin more, and the overall height of the shots are considerably higher that the PXG's. I personally feel the TM irons feel better, and the misses are more playable for me. Not sure of any loft difference in the clubs.

I really appreciate the HERO program, not sure they stay in the bag.

I would assume your ball flight is flat because you’re using the AVX ball. That’s what it does. Tons on reviews on YouTube about the ball. Everything your saying is pretty much the characteristics of the AVX. You try a different ball?

ANYONE else this flatter flight? I'm starting to get buyer's remorse.....

The i210 guarantees me that window I desire..

Even though I feel comfortable in the research I put into pxg, I never got the opportunity to hit them....ugh

The 0311s dont have a flat ballflight thsts more a function of the shaft but also remember the 0311s are 3 degrees stronger than a Mizuno. I bought a set with Steelfiber i95 and great combination. Heck with the Heroes program theres no upcharge for graphite you put in them and if dont like pull and sell on ebay.

So I went to a PXG fitting session with the intention of buying a driving iron and a putter, and walked away with a new driver, driving iron, set of irons, 3 wedges and a putter. Oh and a bag.

Awesome fitting session though... I’ve never been that bothered about swingweight before, but it turns out that most of my clubs were swinging at a D0 due to the weight of the grips and type of shaft I use. He moved me out of C-Taper 130x and put me in to Nippon Modus 3 105X with a D4 swingweight, and the difference was amazing. Suddenly I could feel the club head again!

Same story with driver, went from an ad-di 6x to an ad-gp 7x, and the driving iron from a c-taper 130x to a KBS 95 graphite prototype.

I hate myself for going to PXG, but their stuff flat out works.

I don't hate myself for it as all of mine were intentional. But your right, their stuff flat out works!!!!!!!!!!

DRIVER -     PXG Gen 4 0811X - 8* | 🔥PROXIMA 5S🔥
2 WD -         PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

5 / 7 WD-    PXG Gen 5 | Project X Riptide CB 4.0 40g Ladies 

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

I just now realized that I just paid a little more for a set of P790s than I wouldve for a set of PXGs.

True but don't forget the Gen 1's are going on 3 years now as I know if you ever wanted to own a set of PXG's the Hero's program is the way to go as they sure were not worth the asking price when they came out.

I just broke it down.

Hero program PXG with discount

5-GW $875

Tax $53

S/H $60

Total $988

TM P790 with discount

5-AW $967

Tax. $69

S/H Free (but did 1 day for $20)

Total $1056

Conservatively add $50 to the PXG due to the grips being immediately removed and replaced. If there had been no upcharge for black and quicker turnaround I may have went PXG.

0311s feel better than 790s no comparison really.

790s felt good enough and performed as good as I could hope for.

Does anyone know if this hero program is going to be around for ahwhile? I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on these PXG's since the price is so good but would really like to get fitted first. Unfortunately a fitting would have to wait until January at this point.

The gen1 inventory should be gone pretty quickly since now anyone can buy online. I just bought second set haha

If only i could order online for delivery in UK - i'd very happily add a couple of 0311X to my 0311/0311T iron set

I recently purchased a set GEN 1 PXG 0311 irons ( 5-GW and 0311 54 and 58 wedges) the irons are standard all the way around with C-Taper Lite stiff shafts and the wedges have KBS Hi-Rev 2.0.

I have 36 holes in with the PXG irons and wedges (HERO Program) and I will express my feelings about the irons as they compare to my TM P-770's with the same exact shaft and a 54 MG wedge with a KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 and a 58 Hi-toe with a KBS HI-Rev 2.0. The P-770's are 1 degree strong set by TM.

The PXG irons feel great on center strikes, but feel pretty bad (dull) on off center strikes. The ball flight with the PXG is really flat. They spin well and all the irons I hit into the green seem to hold fine, I use the AVX ball. The wedges are really good, feel, and spin great around the greens, though the profile of the wedge is smaller than the TM MG. Overall great looking clubs that feel ok.

The TM 770's seem more responsive, they spin more, and the overall height of the shots are considerably higher that the PXG's. I personally feel the TM irons feel better, and the misses are more playable for me. Not sure of any loft difference in the clubs.

I would assume your ball flight is flat because you’re using the AVX ball. That’s what it does. Tons on reviews on YouTube about the ball. Everything your saying is pretty much the characteristics of the AVX. You try a different ball?

Even though I feel comfortable in the research I put into pxg, I never got the opportunity to hit them....ugh

The 0311s dont have a flat ballflight thsts more a function of the shaft but also remember the 0311s are 3 degrees stronger than a Mizuno. I bought a set with Steelfiber i95 and great combination. Heck with the Heroes program theres no upcharge for graphite you put in them and if dont like pull and sell on ebay.

Should have thought to do this! Darn it

I would assume your ball flight is flat because youre using the AVX ball. Thats what it does. Tons on reviews on YouTube about the ball. Everything your saying is pretty much the characteristics of the AVX. You try a different ball?

Should have thought to do this! Darn it

If the clubs haven’t been sent to production you can call and switch your order. Great customer service. I called to bend the PW 1degree strong. It’s the only tweek I wanted for the 0311t. I play 48, 52 and 58 degree wedges. Wanted my PW to be 45 degrees. The 9 stays at 41. Still a 4 degree gap

Just ordered the 3w and 3 wedges too. Somebody shoot me. :russian_roulette:

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Gonna hold off JustinM.....I'm very comfortable with shaft ordered(modus 105) and never really hit steelfiber....

Having said all that, it's been a week since clubs were paid for...I was 7-10 days ; others have been told 4 weeks....flustered

On the phone the rep told me 7-10 days before they usually ship. I hope that’s the case. I hate waiting lol. You won’t get an email saying their in production, the next email you’ll get is saying they’ve shipped. I will say my 3 wood shipped 8 days after order.

Gonna hold off JustinM.....I'm very comfortable with shaft ordered(modus 105) and never really hit steelfiber....

Having said all that, it's been a week since clubs were paid for...I was 7-10 days ; others have been told 4 weeks....flustered

On the phone the rep told me 7-10 days before they usually ship. I hope that’s the case. I hate waiting lol. You won’t get an email saying their in production, the next email you’ll get is saying they’ve shipped. I will say my 3 wood shipped 8 days after order.

Thanks! I'm just going to play the waiting game....when it happens, it happens!

I did not find the wedges as anything special, after a demo, so I did not purchase - now the milled wedges, they were nice, but at $750 for a wedge you'll change out ... I'm golf nutty, but not golf insane.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

Went for a fitting to try out various clubs, but nothing really spoke to me. I think I was most disappointed by their putters, not one felt good to me- I think, with more pronounced milling they may have felt softer or perhaps the superstroke grip was the culprit- although I use one on my Cameron X5 and Sonoma and feedback was better. I ended up going out with Miura CB57's & Ping G400 driver.

I had the opportunity of the special pricing but didn't want to take advantage of that only to flip them.

Went for a fitting to try out various clubs, but nothing really spoke to me. I think I was most disappointed by their putters, not one felt good to me- I think, with more pronounced milling they may have felt softer or perhaps the superstroke grip was the culprit- although I use one on my Cameron X5 and Sonoma and feedback was better. I ended up going out with Miura CB57's & Ping G400 driver.

I had the opportunity of the special pricing but didn't want to take advantage of that only to flip them.

Great , honest thoughts....

Are the 0311 heads the same size as p790 or smaller? I have P790 and I’m looking for a little bigger head, thinking XF. But haven’t hit them

Get the XF if you’re looking for bigger then the 790’s. The P’s are pretty close in size to the 790’s. Micheal Newton did a comparison between the two and you can see size difference.

Are the 0311 heads the same size as p790 or smaller? I have P790 and I’m looking for a little bigger head, thinking XF. But haven’t hit them

Get the XF if you’re looking for bigger then the 790’s. The P’s are pretty close in size to the 790’s. Micheal Newton did a comparison between the two and you can see size difference.

Thanks, if you order the 0311 are the S and L wedge their original wedges or the set wedges like the XF?

Are the 0311 heads the same size as p790 or smaller? I have P790 and I'm looking for a little bigger head, thinking XF. But haven't hit them

Get the XF if you're looking for bigger then the 790's. The P's are pretty close in size to the 790's. Micheal Newton did a comparison between the two and you can see size difference.

Thanks, if you order the 0311 are the S and L wedge their original wedges or the set wedges like the XF?

The wedges are the original 0311. Even today if you order Gen 2 0311P, the wedges choices after G are the original 0311 or milled.

Are the 0311 heads the same size as p790 or smaller? I have P790 and I'm looking for a little bigger head, thinking XF. But haven't hit them

Get the XF if you're looking for bigger then the 790's. The P's are pretty close in size to the 790's. Micheal Newton did a comparison between the two and you can see size difference.

The G, S, and L are the set wedges. I did this with my first set I ordered. My recent set I got the 0311 54* and 58* wedges instead, which are more like traditional wedges. If you look at the online fitting process, you have the option to click on the G, S, L and/or 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60 for which ever set up you prefer for your wedges.

Add me to the list of recent players taking advantage of the Hero Program. SwooshLT contacted me and informed me about the discount for first responders. I had no idea it even existed.

At first I thought "why spend the money when I'm happy with my iBlades?", but the ho in me just had to try them. I placed an order for the 0311T irons on 8/7. Now its a waiting game.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Tensei AV Raw White 65X

PXG Gen 6 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Add me to the list of recent players taking advantage of the Hero Program. SwooshLT contacted me and informed me about the discount for first responders. I had no idea it even existed.

At first I thought "why spend the money when I'm happy with my iBlades?", but the ho in me just had to try them. I placed an order for the 0311T irons on 8/7. Now its a waiting game.

Don't go blaming me! :-) ....seriously though, my premise exactly! One time adventure to the unknown.... the waiting game is just that, a game! Hearing people getting clubs in 10 days yet I'm told that my order is setting there until it gets into a 7-10 window....confused and frustrated....they'll get here whenever but not a fan of what looks to deceptive practice....the temptation is to cancel the order and go with tried and true Ping i210....then I calm myself down and only dream of the possibilities of having a forged, forgiving combo!

Don't go blaming me! :-) ....seriously though, my premise exactly! One time adventure to the unknown.... the waiting game is just that, a game! Hearing people getting clubs in 10 days yet I'm told that my order is setting there until it gets into a 7-10 window....confused and frustrated....they'll get here whenever but not a fan of what looks to deceptive practice....the temptation is to cancel the order and go with tried and true Ping i210....then I calm myself down and only dream of the possibilities of having a forged, forgiving combo!

Mizuno has been putting out a great forged forgiving set. Try the jpx 900forged if you want great feel in a truly forged head with forgivenesses.

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

Mizuno has been putting out a great forged forgiving set. Try the jpx 900forged if you want great feel in a truly forged head with forgivenesses.

Great suggestion but too low spin and launch when demo'd it with multiple shafts

Is the T really more demanding than the P? I feel I need the P but want the offset in the T. I’m a 7.8 HC and iron play is my weakness.

Thinking I’d 4-G and a 17° H and maybe a 19

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

The non tour head is definitely more forgiving and easier to launch imo. If ball striking is a weakness I would go with the P.

Driver (10):  Titleist TSR3 (Tour AD DI 6s)
3 Wood (16.5):  Titleist TSR2 (Tour AD DI 7s)
Hybrid (19):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Hybrid (22):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Irons (5-G):  Titleist T100S (TT Elevate Tour)
Wedges:  54/58:  Vokey SM9 (PX LZ 6.0 -- Onyx)
Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas 2022

I want to update my feelings on my recently purchased PXG iron's through the HERO's program. 5 complete rounds under my belt with the 0311 5-G with 54 and 58 0311 wedges.

All I can say is these clubs are the real deal. It took me a few rounds to groove the C-taper lite with the head(s). I can't speak enough how consistent the irons are through the bag. The flat ball flight I was experiencing is now towering shots with great stopping power.

I absolutely love the irons and I'm considering a hybrid and FW.

These irons are really a game changer for me. I'm so happy I worked out the initial issues, which were all me getting use to the heads.

I want to update my feelings on my recently purchased PXG iron's through the HERO's program. 5 complete rounds under my belt with the 0311 5-G with 54 and 58 0311 wedges.

All I can say is these clubs are the real deal. It took me a few rounds to groove the C-taper lite with the head(s). I can't speak enough how consistent the irons are through the bag. The flat ball flight I was experiencing is now towering shots with great stopping power.

These irons are really a game changer for me. I'm so happy I worked out the initial issues, which were all me getting use to the heads.

How'd it work out shipping time wise? Order date and at the door date?

It was just under 2 weeks; very expensive shipping fees as I have previously stated

It was just under 2 weeks; very expensive shipping fees as I have previously stated

I placed and paid order 8/2; supposedly haven't even started yet! I was expecting next week sometime but looking more like after the 20th