Taylormade Fitting Experience at The Kingdom ... a little bizzare

Invisible-z

ummary of our $1,300 (2 pax) experience at The Kingdom by Taylormade in Carlsbad

The short version:

- 4 hybrid missing in order

- iron set lie angle adjustment missing

- wedge lie angle adjustment missing

- putter lie angle adjustment missing

- grip size too big

- the grips options incorrect

- 5 emails ignored

- client’s request not followed

- the client has to initiate contact with TaylorMade to move things forward

- delayed order by over 1 week or more

- incorrect order placed and with no confirmation from the client

- client forced to take on the order

Taylormade responded, read below

The long version:

I was very excited about my fitting at the Kingdom. I've had a good fitting experience down at Titleist TPI just next door about 6 years ago. The experience was amazing. I read great things about Taylormade fitting too at the Kingdom and given their recent marketing effort I had high hopes. Itwasawhooping $650 pp but if the fitting is as good as the one I got down at Titleist, I'd say its worth it.

Anyway, so here we go.

I made my booking via our club about 2-3 months in advance. We had sent numerous emails to confirm and reconfirm because my dad and I are flying across the big pond for this fitting and made sure TM knows about it. Don't want to get bumped off last minute, etc.

On the day of the fitting, we got an email from the receptionist asking us to send in our CC for authorization at8AM. I replied promptly and approved the authorization. Small hiccup she probably forgot but its all good!

No one was there to greet us at the HQ (unlike Titleist) so we wandered up to registration and got ourselves registered. The security guy didn't seem to know what was happening. Eventually, he found our booking. While we were being checked in, I got an email from the same receptionist with a single sentence "are you two on your way".

Was that a rhetorical question because I just authorized the payment like an hour ago. A little rude but no biggie I thought. After the check-in, we were told the Kingdom is at a different location so we had to drive across the street to get there. OK, so now we were 25 minutes late when we go to Kingdom's front door.

When we got to the front door of the Kingdom the doors were locked. So... I thought had those guys left because we are late?? Just when we were about to drive back to the HQ, we were greeted by the receptionist with no much of a smile. We walked in through the doors and then was told to go back out to the car to get our own bags. My dad is over 65 so I went and got both our bags while they watched. Certainly not what I read about and not how Titleist treated me back in the days. Whatever, we are on vacation and came here for a good time I thought to myself.

Belowthetimeare fairly accurate because I had time stamps on all my photos

August 1st - day of fitting

10AM

intro, warm-up, etc.

1015AM

We used Gears (https://www.gearssports.com/) go for a 3D swing motion analysis. I thought that was a complete waste of time from a fitting perspective. We got a USB at the end with our 3D swings recorded so I suppose that's why we did it. The fitter didn't seem overly enthusiastic about it too (honestly, I wouldn't either if I knew this was gonna be pointless).

1045AM

Driver - one shaft and one head

Fairway - two shafts and one head

Iron - one shaft and 3 heads

Wedge - Hi Toe 60 only (no chip shots, bunkers, or rough)

1215PM

The fitter took me in to get my driver put together. That was pretty cool.

1230PM

Fitter wanted to send us out but I reminded him I had a putter fitting too. We went through the putter fitting

1240PM

Got my spec sheets and we were done. I was told to make the order through them because Kingdom orders tend to be faster (I later verified with TM sales that this is not true). The only difference is it comes out of a different account (ie e-commerce vs wholesale) but its essentially the same speed. TM sales told me though I should get a discount of ordering through the Kingdom. Well, we didn't get any.

9PM

I reviewed the spec sheets and researched the metalwood shafts and saw some possible mistakes. I had couple questions for our fitters so I emailed them a thank you note with my questions. This was where the nightmare began.

August 2nd - Thursday

no response after 24 hours. Follow up email sent from me

August 3rd - Friday

Still no response after 24 hours. Another follow up email sent. Finally got a short response that night. The fitter said its the weekend and will reply after the weekend. Umm... ok

August 6th - Monday

When I finally got the actual response (6 days after the fitting), the fitter simply attached the spec sheet which I got on the day of my fitting and asked what I want to be changed. You can imagine I almost jumped out of my skin. Did you read my email?

Repeated my questions in another email. Got a response the same day and he corrected me on what I thought were mistakes. Nice, at least movement here.

August 7th - Tuesday

I decided to call the fitter the following day tofurther clarify on the shaft choices and close out on all outstanding questions so we can move the order along.

The response I got about one of his shaft choices was along the lines of "I am not too sure about the shaft profile actually. I didn't read up on them but I know you needed something low spin. I really don't know those shafts too well but you could go with either one. You hit the ball well enough and they would fit you. Pick one of them".

Umm... seriously? Is that why I flew halfway around the world and pay $650 bucks to get this sort of answer. For a moment I wondered if he was just toying with me because I know he had worked there for quite some time. By the way, the shaft I was mentioning is Mitsubishi Tensei CK Series shaft. I wasn't sure if I was getting the pro or normal version. The cost of the shaft upcharge for pro version was $200. After the call, I still wasn't sure which I was specced for because he didn't know which version he fitted me for. WTF.

Well, so after the call I was going to make the purchase anyway (we were both eager to get new clubs). I wrote the fitter a confirmation email and spelt everything out for him to confirm the details of our conversation. I was uncertain whether he would my order right so I asked to get a breakdown on the invoice so I could check all the specs before the order is placed. Oh right... and the guys at the Kingdom never told us how much the cost of the equipment was. I suppose they just expected us to open our wallets and pay up no matter how much it would cost?

August 8th - Wednesday

My confirmation email was not responded to after 24 hours.

Well, OK I wanted to get this done while I am still on US time, so I called the receptionist to follow up on the issue since its now administrative related work and I am guessing she would put in the order. By that time, I was on literally sitting in a plane that wasabout to takeoff back to Asia. She immediately sent me the invoice w/ breakdown (thank god) immediately. I hung up and I looked through it. Guess what? THERE WERE MISTAKES ALL OVER THE ORDER!!! Before the plane took off, I emailed her immediately to amend the order. The email was sent before I shut off my phone.

No surprise my email was not responded to for 24 hours.

August 9th - Friday (Asia time)

I am back in my home country after a long flight and 15 hour time difference. Opened up my email with no reply to my email. I emailed the receptionist and told her to cancel her order while I make the order on my own. She later wrote me a somewhat angry email stating "I’m a little confused at what your expectations are at this point considering I have had no access to email". OK, well she said mentioned TM email has been down on Tuesday but honestly not my problem. Someone on your team made a mistake. Fix it. At least that's how good teams function.

I emailed their director to stop the order before this gets more complicated. Dealing with this aftermath is going to be so fun, especially with a 15 hour time difference.

I hope they will come their senses... I really look forward to what happens next... :telephone:

August 10 - 16th

I spoke with the Director of Taylormade Kingdom. He apologized and want to make this right. Actions are being taken.

We spoke on the phone for about 30 mins. He went on to explain the situation. I can't imagine how anyone can explain this away. It wasn't his fault. He was very sincere. He apologized for his team. My fitter also proceeded to send me an apology email which I am grateful. Offered to make this right. I am down with that.

He confirmed he would refund our experience and give us a second fitting free-of-charge. That doesn't make up for the fact that I flew in from Asia and that I will have to fly back again for another fitting. But a step in the right direction.

He offered to make sure our order gets sorted and give me a bunch of freebies (ie balls) and clubs to test.

Aug 18

Part of our order has arrived. Some clubs are missing. I don't blame the Director as the order was already put in before he had a chance to amend any mistakes. I notified him of the mistakes.

Aug 21

Another part of our order has arrived. The Director gave me a call to follow up the order.

I got some freebies - balls, clubs, extra shafts. Very grateful to get new toys to play with but I don't know how to fit myself despite the extra shafts options. Regardless, a good gesture and an honest attempt to salvage the situation within his power

Director went on the explain the contents of the package in great detail and promised to follow up.

Aug 22

Irrelevant but I went to a shop with a GC quad and paid to smacked balls non-stop for 2 hours. All I can say is unless you know the meaning behind the numbers and know how equipment impacts them... data don't mean much. Still glad to finally able to play with my set.

Aug 23

My dad's wedges are still missing. They are being followed up.

There is a loose particle in the Driver head and needs to be replaced

Sitll working things out. Working with the Director on the follow up has been great so far. He shows sincerity and motivation to want to get this resolved.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summary of our $1,300 (2 pax) experience at The Kingdom by Taylormade in Carlsbad

The short version:

- grip size too big

- 5 emails ignored

- client forced to take on the order Apologies in advance for the long email but please bear with me.

The long version:

I was very excited about my fitting at the Kingdom. I've had a good fitting experience down at Titleist TPI just next door about 6 years ago. The experience was amazing. I read great things about Taylormade fitting too at the Kingdom and given their recent marketing effort I had high hopes. It was a whooping $650 pp but if the fitting is as good as the one I got down at Titleist, I'd say its worth it.

Anyway, so here we go.

I made my booking via our club about 2-3 months in advance. We had sent numerous emails to confirm and reconfirm because my dad and I are flying across the big pond for this fitting and made sure TM knows about it. Don't want to get bumped off last minute, etc.

On the day of the fitting, we got an email from the receptionist asking us to send in our CC for authorization at 8AM. I replied promptly and approved the authorization. Small hiccup she probably forgot but its all good!

No one was there to greet us at the HQ (unlike Titleist) so we wandered up to registration and got ourselves registered. The security guy didn't seem to know what was happening. Eventually, he found our booking. While we were being checked in, I got an email from the same receptionist with a single sentence "are you two on your way".

Was it a rhetorical question because I just authorized the payment like an hour ago. A little rude but no biggie I thought. After the check-in, we were told the Kingdom is at a different location so we had to drive across the street to get there. OK, so now we were 25 minutes late when we go to Kingdom's front door.

When we got to the front door of the Kingdom the doors were locked. So... I thought had those guys left because we are late?? Just when we were about to drive back to the HQ, we were greeted by the receptionist with no much of a smile. We walked in through the doors and then was told to go back out to the car to get our own bags. My dad is over 65 so I went and got both our bags while they watched. Certainly not what I read about and not how Titleist treated me back in the days. Whatever, we are on vacation and came here for a good time I thought to myself.

Below the time are fairly accurate because I had time stamps on all my photos

10AM

intro, warm-up, etc.

1015AM

We used Gears (https://www.gearssports.com/) go for a 3D swing motion analysis. I thought that was a complete waste of time from a fitting perspective. We got a USB at the end with our 3D swings recorded so I suppose that's why we did it. The fitter didn't seem overly enthusiastic about it too (honestly, I wouldn't either if I knew this was gonna be pointless).

1045AM

1215PM

1230PM

Fitter wanted to send us out but I reminded him I had a putter fitting too. We went through the putter fitting

1240PM

Got my spec sheets and we were done. I was told to make the order through them because Kingdom orders tend to be faster (I later verified with TM sales that this is not true). The only difference is it comes out of a different account (ie e-commerce vs wholesale) but its essentially the same speed. TIM sales told me though I should get a discount of ordering through the Kingdom. Well, we didn't get any.

9PM

I reviewed the spec sheets and researched the metalwood shafts and saw some possible mistakes. I had couple questions for our fitters so I emailed them a thank you note with my questions. This was where the nightmare began.

August 2nd - Thursday

August 3rd - Friday

Still no response after 24 hours. Another follow up email sent. Finally got a short response that night. The fitter said its the weekend and will reply after the weekend. Umm... ok

August 6th - Monday

When I finally got the actual response (6 days after the fitting), the fitter simply attached the spec sheet which I got on the day of my fitting and asked what I want to be changed. You can imagine I almost jumped out of my skin. Did you read my email?

Repeated my questions in another email. Got a response the same day and he corrected me on what I thought were mistakes. Nice, at least movement here.

August 7th - Tuesday

I decided to call the fitter the following day to further clarify on the shaft choices and close out on all outstanding questions so we can move the order along.

The response I got about one of his shaft choice was along the lines of "I am not too sure about the shaft profile actually. I didn't read up on them but I know you needed something low spin. I really don't know those shafts too well but you could go with either one. You hit the ball well enough and they would fit you. Pick one of them".

Umm... seriously? Is that why I flew halfway around the world and pay $650 bucks to get this sort of answer. For a moment I wondered if he was just toying with me because I know he had worked there for quite some time. By the way, the shaft I was mentioning is Mitsubishi Tensei CK Series shaft. I wasn't sure if I was getting the pro or normal version. The cost of the shaft upcharge for pro version was $200. After the call, I still wasn't sure which I was specced for because he didn't know which version it was he fitted me for.

Well, so after the call I was going to make the purchase anyway (we were both eager to get new clubs). I wrote the fitter a confirmation email and spelt everything out for him to confirm the details of our conversation. I was uncertain whether he would my order right so I asked to get a breakdown on the invoice so I could check all the specs before the order is placed. Oh right... and the guys at the Kingdom never told us how much the cost of the equipment was. I suppose they just expected us to open our wallets and pay up no matter how much it would cost?

August 8th

Well, OK I wanted to get this done while I am still on US time, so I called the receptionist to follow up on the issue since its now administrative related work and I am guessing she would put in the order. By that time, I was on literally sitting in a plane that was about to takeoff back to Asia. She immediately sent me the invoice w/ breakdown (thank God finally someone with some sense) immediately. I hung up and I looked through it. Guess what? THERE WERE MISTAKES ALL OVER THE ORDER!!! Before the plane took up, I emailed her immediately (I was on the plane back to my country of origin) to amend the order.

August 9th (Asia time)

I am back in my home country after a long flight and 15 hour time difference. Opened up my email with no reply to my email.

I think as a customer that had just paid 1,300USD for a fitting for 2 people and to have gotten myself so worked up over a simple job ...I deserve to get a full refund on the fitting and a discount on our orders... or am I crazy to feel this way?

I emailed their director to stop the order before this gets more complicated. Dealing with this aftermath is going to be fun.

A list of things that went belly up:

- grip size too big

- 5 emails ignored

At the price you paid and trouble and distance travelled you took to have the TM experience, shame on them, not wonder the golf industry struggles they just don't seem to understand the customer service element

Long story short - Play Titleist.

Amen to that scratch!

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

That sounds totally unprofessional IMHO, personally I'm not a huge TM fan, but from what you've said they didn't and don't care much about you.

A friend of mine had a TM fitting a few years ago here in Australia, it was at a high end golf club with track man and lots of shafts etc, his shafts were I think tipped (?) or something, I don't really know that much about the tech side like that, but over the course of 2 years all those iron shafts broke, they were replaced free of charge, and those ones broke too, then the set was replaced, and yep half of them ended up snapping off near the hosel as well.

Finally he emailed the head TM guy here in Australia telling him the story and complaining and asking what he was going to do about it and why would he ever consider purchasing any TM equipment in the future. Well to his credit the head honcho got int touch with my friend very quickly and after speaking to him, getting details etc arranged a complete tour style fitting at their center in Melbourne (state capital) with a free replacement set of irons and wedges, all the latest product and delivered within 10 days, he came through and ever since my friend has been very happy with no problems.

I myself had a Mizuno fitting for irons (our pro has the Mizuno fitting training with DNA and also Trackman certified) this fitting went over an hour with MANY different shafts and all the heads and he gave me the 6 iron he made up from the cart to my specs to take away for a week to use before I made my decision, it was a great experience and I don't regret the purchase.

I hope you get satisfaction with this poor and unfortunate issue, will be interested to hear how it works out.

You'd think that anyone they greet at what is effectively their "flagship store" would get proper treatment. I guess to them they don't care whether you've flown 5000 miles or come from around the corner but for me I'd have maybe laid on a few extras - certainly I'd have made sure you got treated better than that

That is crazy! I got a fitting there back in 2013 and my experience was completely different from what you described. I had an amazing day and felt like I was a member of their tour staff.

I have heard rumors that TM has gone way downhill since being purchased. People are saying that they are a nightmare to work with and back orders and mistakes are the norm now. Really sad it's gone downhill this way and unfortunate you had a sup par experience.

back orders and mistakes are the norm now. Really sad it's gone downhill this way and unfortunate you had a sup par experience.

A few months ago I met a really nice guy who was a TM rep. Got me a discount on a new driver. He told me to just pick out my options and text him a screenshot of the cart. I did so, and got 25% off. All good.

The head was one degree off (too low). The adapter was red (I looked it up, apparently its flatter than a normal adapter. I didn't choose this option.). I had picked a Z-Grip, my favorite grip and one i use on 13 clubs, and it somehow came with a midsize (!) Winn Dry Tac grip. The driver was right (M4) and the shaft was right (Atmos Red X) but they didn't cut it down (I ordered 44.5" it came stock).

Went right to the BST. No time for that nonsense when the 910D2 is already bombing it.

I love their old rescues but once those come out it'll be a while before taylormade gets in the bag again. Such a let down after being excited for a true custom driver.

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

Wow what a terrible fitting! I worked as a club fitter at PGA superstore for a bit and I'd think even our worst fitter would still have given you a better setup and at least you wouldn't have been out the money for the fitting itself!

I did a custom order M4 earlier this year and they messed it up royally too. Sad to see TM go downhill so quickly with their custom order process. That'll lose a ton of customers for them! Just goes to show buying off the rack and then picking up shafts and tweaking on your own is actually better.

Hope you enjoyed your time here in the states aside from the fitting!

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

Summary of our $1,300 (2 pax) experience at The Kingdom by Taylormade in Carlsbad

The short version:

- grip size too big

- 5 emails ignored

The long version:

I was very excited about my fitting at the Kingdom. I've had a good fitting experience down at Titleist TPI just next door about 6 years ago. The experience was amazing. I read great things about Taylormade fitting too at the Kingdom and given their recent marketing effort I had high hopes. Itwasawhooping $650 pp but if the fitting is as good as the one I got down at Titleist, I'd say its worth it.

Anyway, so here we go.

On the day of the fitting, we got an email from the receptionist asking us to send in our CC for authorization at8AM. I replied promptly and approved the authorization. Small hiccup she probably forgot but its all good!

Was that a rhetorical question because I just authorized the payment like an hour ago. A little rude but no biggie I thought. After the check-in, we were told the Kingdom is at a different location so we had to drive across the street to get there. OK, so now we were 25 minutes late when we go to Kingdom's front door.

Belowthetimeare fairly accurate because I had time stamps on all my photos

10AM

intro, warm-up, etc.

1015AM

1045AM

1215PM

1230PM

1240PM

Got my spec sheets and we were done. I was told to make the order through them because Kingdom orders tend to be faster (I later verified with TM sales that this is not true). The only difference is it comes out of a different account (ie e-commerce vs wholesale) but its essentially the same speed. TIM sales told me though I should get a discount of ordering through the Kingdom. Well, we didn't get any.

9PM

August 2nd - Thursday

August 3rd - Friday

August 6th - Monday

August 7th - Tuesday

I decided to call the fitter the following day to further clarify on the shaft choices and close out on all outstanding questions so we can move the order along.

The response I got about one of his shaft choices was along the lines of "I am not too sure about the shaft profile actually. I didn't read up on them but I know you needed something low spin. I really don't know those shafts too well but you could go with either one. You hit the ball well enough and they would fit you. Pick one of them".

Umm... seriously? Is that why I flew halfway around the world and pay $650 bucks to get this sort of answer. For a moment I wondered if he was just toying with me because I know he had worked there for quite some time. By the way, the shaft I was mentioning is Mitsubishi Tensei CK Series shaft. I wasn't sure if I was getting the pro or normal version. The cost of the shaft upcharge for pro version was $200. After the call, I still wasn't sure which I was specced for because he didn't know which version he fitted me for. WTF.

August 8th - Wednesday

Well, OK I wanted to get this done while I am still on US time, so I called the receptionist to follow up on the issue since its now administrative related work and I am guessing she would put in the order. By that time, I was on literally sitting in a plane that was about to takeoff back to Asia. She immediately sent me the invoice w/ breakdown (thank god) immediately. I hung up and I looked through it. Guess what? THERE WERE MISTAKES ALL OVER THE ORDER!!! Before the plane took off, I emailed her immediately to amend the order. The email was sent before I shut off my phone.

August 9th - Friday (Asia time)

I am back in my home country after a long flight and 15 hour time difference. Opened up my email with no reply to my email. I emailed the receptionist and told her to cancel her order while I make the order on my own. She later wrote me a somewhat angry email stating "I’m a little confused at what your expectations are at this point considering I have had no access to email". OK, well she said mentioned TM email has been down on Tuesday but honestly not my problem. Someone on your team made a mistake. Fix it. At least that's how good teams function.

I emailed their director to stop the order before this gets more complicated. Dealing with this aftermath is going to be so fun, especially with a 15 hour time difference.

I hope they will come their senses... I really look forward to what happens next... :telephone:

First off, holy monologue.

Secondly, you deserve $$$$ back... At LEAST 25% for that miscarriage of professionalism.

Shocking.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

That service is terrible, however this is the part that is almost the most concerning

1045AM

That is NOT a FITTING, that is a demo! You could walk into any half decent golf store, anywhere in the world and get close to that level of “fitting”. Either they fit you perfectly first go, or they didn’t give a sh!t…. I’ve been to a fitting where we hit a good result on irons almost immediately, then spent the next hour on various other head/ shaft combo’s to prove the initial result was spot on.

I’d be demanding the fitting feel back and I would not have even considered placing an order off of that experience.

I truly feel for you given the travel commitment of time and money.

Of course I’d give TM the chance to somehow make right the situation, but just refunding the fitting fees does not even come close.

TM M1 2017 9.5° w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0
Titleist 917f2 or TM M1 2017 both 15° w/ Fujikura Pro84 stiff
Titleist 816H1 18 w/ speeder 9.8 tour spec stiff.
Bridgestone j15 w/ KBS Tour V X soft-stepped
Vokey SM6 50/54/58
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m
Bridgestone Mini Staff bag

OP that is horrible. I also hope to see some resolution for this.

Wow what a terrible fitting! I worked as a club fitter at PGA superstore for a bit and I'd think even our worst fitter would still have given you a better setup and at least you wouldn't have been out the money for the fitting itself!

I did a custom order M4 earlier this year and they messed it up royally too. Sad to see TM go downhill so quickly with their custom order process. That'll lose a ton of customers for them! Just goes to show buying off the rack and then picking up shafts and tweaking on your own is actually better.

Hope you enjoyed your time here in the states aside from the fitting!

As a new player and someone getting a PGA Superstore soon, would you mind if I PM you a few questions?

As they say: Nuts and Bolts, Nuts and Bolts, you got screwed.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

Ask for a refund. That’s bush league. Put them on blast. Put this out on FB and IG etc. Their customer service might suck these days but no company likes a review this negative out on social media. Squeaky wheel and all that...

Some flavor of the month driver.
Some driving iron for Links courses.

A hybrid to save my bad shots.
Titleist blades when I feel lucky otherwise something more forgiving.
A Vokey wedge or 2.
I hate every one of my 17 putters.

Bob Parsons would never allow this to happen.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Ask for a refund. Thats bush league. Put them on blast. Put this out on FB and IG etc. Their customer service might suck these days but no company likes a review this negative out on social media. Squeaky wheel and all that...

Better Business Bureau complaint has always worked for me. I just ordered some clubs from TM and when I called a couple times to ask for the status they seemed more than happy to help. Maybe one of those outlier situations but obviously needs to be corrected.

Yeah, social media is a powerful customer service tool. I hate that because I do like their product, but makes me think twice about ordering anything direct. Callaway is hard to beat for customer service.

Callaway’s great in that they don’t mind fixing their mistakes. Bought a 7-iron set of XR’s from them that showed up with three different shafts, incorrect grips and missing an iron. They happily fixed it but you wonder how it happened to begin with.

If I’d flown halfway around the world for service like the OP got, I’d cancel everything, dispute the credit card charge and play a different brand.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

I would blast them on social media and send other companies the link with an opportunity to remedy TMs mistakes and show you how a company can get it right! Could have been an awesome experience which makes it that much worse. If you walk into big box you don’t expect the world but it doesn’t cost the world either.

What should have a been a trip and experience of a lifetime turned into a bit of a nightmare, so sorry to read your post. I have often thought about making a lengthy trip similar to yours but your experience certainly makes me question that.

I know reading peoples experiences on here there have been some truly memorable (for the right reasons) fitting sessions, and the odd bad experience mixed in.

Hope it all gets worked out for you.

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x v’s Chrome Tour