Forgiving irons that are forged

AbSWFPGA

Just bought a set of mint Bridgestone J15DPF for a very reasonable price. They are very forgiving and long. They remind me a lot of a ping I series iron in terms of forgiveness. The feel however, leaves a bit to be desired in my opinion. I had a set of z765s and they felt so much better at impact. The ball really felt like it compressed off the face. The j15s have a more muted feel which I don't particularly care for. They will become my backup set when I find a set of srixons with the right shafts at the right price.

Z765 surpassed only by TM P770.

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

Wilson Staff F5 irons, forged, forgiving, and traditional lofts.

Driver... Cobra Aerojet LS, Lin-Q M40X R
Fairway... 4 & 7 TEE E722 Ventus Red R
Irons... 4-P Wilson Staff CB, UST Recoil 95 R
Wedges... 50/54/58 Cleveland RTX-6 Recoil 95 R
Putter... Odyssey White Hot Pro Super Stroke 2.0 XL Legacy

... Cobra Forged Tours are pretty forgiving for a Players iron but not quite as forgiving as a GI iron. A really good combo of playability and forgiveness and they feel much better than AP2's the I switched from to play Amp Forged.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

Just bought a set of mint Bridgestone J15DPF for a very reasonable price. They are very forgiving and long. They remind me a lot of a ping I series iron in terms of forgiveness. The feel however, leaves a bit to be desired in my opinion. I had a set of z765s and they felt so much better at impact. The ball really felt like it compressed off the face. The j15s have a more muted feel which I don't particularly care for. They will become my backup set when I find a set of srixons with the right shafts at the right price.

You didn’t by chance get a 3 iron with the set?

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

You didn’t by chance get a 3 iron with the set?

4-PW with stiff flex DG pro shafts.

I had quite a few students playing the Diablo Forged CB’s(2011). Richard gave a great discount out of his range and he sold more than the 4 Dick’s combined. Unbeknownst to me, until I saw the sign, he also included a free lesson, hahaha. That was fine as I ended up retaining 4-5 as regular students. That 455 carpenter steel was hot. I could do without that face back design but if you wanted forged forgiving & distance, these were your irons. They’d still make an excellent iron if you can pick up a nice set :)

Good call on the Diablo forged. However, as a previous poster said - it depends if you mean 1 piece forged or not.

Wishon 560/565's have a reputation for being a very forgiving 1 piece forged club.

I like my Miura CB's. :)

Driver: Wishon 919thi 11* w/AXE 6 stiff
FW: Wishon 949mc 16.5* w/AXE FW Stiff
3-4 Hybrids: Wishon 775hs w/ S2S White Stiff
Irons: Miura CB-1008 w/Nippon Modus 105 S
Putter: Ping Ketsch Heavy 34" 2 degrees flat
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0

Good call on the Diablo forged. However, as a previous poster said - it depends if you mean 1 piece forged or not.

Thank you Mike :) I meant and was speaking to a forged iron, period. Trust me, I know the theoretical differences between a 1-piece and multi/2-piece forged iron, lol?. Regarding a 1-piece forged iron versus a 2-piece forged iron, I do not think that a golfer that would play these irons could any more tell the difference between them if you provided them with blank identically designed & spec’d 1 & 2-piece irons to hit than Luke, Stacy and the Mizuno staffers could tell the difference between blank forged and cast irons(patterned after the MP-63’s & 68’s using the then new “hot metal” technology to be introduced in the 2011 JPX-800 cast irons). Not one single pro could consistently tell the difference. I understand the theoretical differences however it has been my experience in over 22+ years of teaching this game to men, women & children that theory very rarely consistently, accurately or successfully transfers to the range or the course, especially with mid and higher handicap golfers.

My point is that if the finest golfers on the face of this earth cannot tell the difference between an identically designed and spec’d cast & forged iron, and the #1 wedge on the PGA tour is a cast wedge, then I would like to see 10 mid-handicap golfers hit identically designed and spec’d blank 1-piece & 2-piece forged irons and consistently tell the difference ;) Hell, I’d like to see myself and nine of my fellow and lady pros do the same. Marketing is an amazing thing, hahaha. Your Miuras are a gorgeous iron! Take care Mike :)

Wishon 560/565's have a reputation for being a very forgiving 1 piece forged club.

I like my Miura CB's. :)

... Feel is subjective of course but back when I played MB's I had a set of Cleveland TA1 "form forged" irons and back then many said they were not forged at all as they were basically press cast. However, they felt softer and denser than Hogan Apex MB 99's that were very crisp and I didn't care for the feel at all. That was the last time I put any thought into how a club was made and concentrated on how it felt and performed.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

Seriously, most of these picks are for tour level players. AP2s?, P790s?, JPX 850s? and on and on... It's like they see the word forged and blurt out their favorite forged player's irons. Are they more forgiving then blades?, sure, I'll give them that, but that's it.

A couple guys got it right in answering your question. The Mizuno JPX EZ Forged are extremely forgiving especially the original orange model. The Bridgestone JPX Hybid Forged are super forgiving and the JPX CB, a just a little bit less so. You can pick almost any JDM producer and they all have forged SGI offerings. It just depends as a previous poster said, on what type of club your after in a forged offering, is it SGIs, GIs or a Player's irons?

Seriously, most of these picks are for tour level players. AP2s?, P790s?, JPX 850s? and on and on... It's like they see the word forged and blurt out their favorite forged player's irons. Are they more forgiving then blades?, sure, I'll give them that, but that's it.

A couple guys got it right in answering your question. The Mizuno JPX EZ Forged are extremely forgiving especially the original orange model. The Bridgestone JPX Hybid Forged are super forgiving and the JPX CB, a just a little bit less so. You can pick almost any JDM producer and they all have forged SGI offerings. It just depends as a previous poster said, on what type of club your after in a forged offering, is it SGIs, GIs or a Player's irons?

Great point Moot! The JPX EZ are indeed a great choice for a truly forgiving forged iron, as are the Staff Fg Tour F5 iron. It is a beautiful forgiving forged MCB and as I am a now playing Staffs(Fg Tour V4 4i, Fg 100 5i-PW), I picked Richard up a set because when he’s able to swing again, in all likelihood his days of playing a blade are finished. He has had a hard time admitting this to himself and they sit boxed in his closet while his Fg 59 Tour Blades still sit in his bag, but I think when the time comes, he will accept this and I hope that he gives the 5’s a shot. I hit them and the grind is excellent and very versatile, not a GI grind at all, though there is plenty of forgiveness in them. They are also very reasonable cost wise! Take care :)

Great point Moot! The JPX EZ are indeed a great choice for a truly forgiving forged iron, as are the Staff Fg Tour F5 iron. It is a beautiful forgiving forged MCB and as I am a now playing Staffs(Fg Tour V4 4i, Fg 100 5i-PW), I picked Richard up a set because when he’s able to swing again, in all likelihood his days of playing a blade are finished. He has had a hard time admitting this to himself and they sit boxed in his closet while his Fg 59 Tour Blades still sit in his bag, but I think when the time comes, he will accept this and I hope that he gives the 5’s a shot. I hit them and the grind is excellent and very versatile, not a GI grind at all, though there is plenty of forgiveness in them. They are also very reasonable cost wise! Take care :)

??

I had quite a few students playing the Diablo Forged CB's(2011). Richard gave a great discount out of his range and he sold more than the 4 Dick's combined. Unbeknownst to me, until I saw the sign, he also included a free lesson, hahaha. That was fine as I ended up retaining 4-5 as regular students. That 455 carpenter steel was hot. I could do without that face back design but if you wanted forged forgiving & distance, these were your irons. They'd still make an excellent iron if you can pick up a nice set :)

Nice compact head and very underrated. I keep a set I still game. There were those that complain of hot spots on the face and getting fairway fliers fwiw.