MEMBER REVIEWS: TPT Golf Shafts!! See What They Are Saying!!!

We have 15 members who are testing out shafts from TPT Golf! We know there are some questions on these shafts and the testers will be writing their reviews along with answering any questions you might have. The testers are...

ebrasmus21

swgolf12

jacobEDGE

smgoldstein

scottaz

CAJ4AU

wmblake2000

itw419

ESP

cane700

t4t3r

03trdblack

cz13X4

Wdwfreak

davo32683

Make sure to follow along!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

• 3 weeks later...

Should recieve my TPT for this weekend. Looking forward to providing feedback and answering questions.

Huge thanks to WRX and TPT!!! :drinks:

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

so jealous!!!!

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I went through a fitting and received the shaft this week. I should be able to get out on the course this weekend. Other than the Trackman data from my fitting, let me know if there is something particular you want to hear about.

TSr4 Ventus Blue Velocore TR 6x
TSr3 15* Ventus Blue Velocore TR 7x
SLDR 2 Hybrid Hzrdus Matrix Blacktie S
T100s 4-P PX 6.5
SM9 50F, 55S PX 6.5 and 60M S400
Newport

I went through a fitting and received the shaft this week. I should be able to get out on the course this weekend. Other than the Trackman data from my fitting, let me know if there is something particular you want to hear about.

ESP - interested in the feel compared to a few different shafts --

- Tensei PO, PW

- KK DC TX

**if possible obviously (didn't mean to sound demanding)

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

- Tensei PO, PW

- KK DC TX

Toss the AD-IZ in there too if you've hit it.

- Tensei PO, PW

- KK DC TX

Toss the AD-IZ in there too if you've hit it.

Currently playing a Tensei PO V2 and have the PW in my 3w, so I should have some good info there. I haven't hit the KK DC TX or AD-IZ and don't have access to them.

T100s 4-P PX 6.5
Newport

I went to my fitting in Cary, NC and have received my TPT shaft from Club Champion. I haven't played on the course with it yet but have been to the driving range to practice with it so far. I'll add much more review info once I start playing rounds with it. To start however I'll add some info my fitting and what I ended up getting fit into.

Current Gamer: Taylormade M3 460 8.5* set to 9* w/ Stulz Nano-Arrow stiff flex (anyone remember this shaft??). 45" D2 swingweight. Went in with both weights set all the way in the back of the Y track.

After Fitting: Taylormade M3 460 8.5* set to 9*. TPT 16 MKP (Mid Kick Point) MT(Mid Torque) SW(Standard Weight). 45" D3 swingweight. Moved one weight from the back fade track to the back middle and left the other in back draw.

I love the way the shaft looks in the light. It looks like an old hickory shaft with wood grain but in matte black finish.

I swing around 100 mph and usually play a slight fade. I'm currently a 1.8 handicap with a very consistent swing and have been a clubmaker for over 20 years. Most of my equipment is pretty much optimized as much as my swing speed can generate but we did get some pretty decent results with the TPT shaft.

Carry distance comparison (blue is gamer, red is TPT):

Total distance comparison (blue is gamer, red is TPT):

Gamer Shot Averages:

TPT Shot Averages:

Trajectory Comparison:

The quick summary of the fitting was I kept my spin and launch about the same but increased my ball speed by almost 3 mph. I was also able to increase my shot height which gave mean average of 9 yards of extra carry and 6 yards of total distance. The biggest gain in my opinion was the level of consistency in my distances. With the TPT shaft, all of my shots seemed to land almost the exact same distance, even if I mis-hit a shot a little. You can see from the Trackman results the distance between my shortest shot and longest shot with the TPT was very small and the grouping was very tight.

More pictures below:

That dispersion and consistency looks amazing!

I have a similar swing to you. I average 100-102mph, play a pull fade. So I'm interested in which shaft I get put into. I definitely hit my ball a lot higher though. Averaging 69 feet of height with your previous shaft?! Woo. Low bullets that run out a lot. Last time I went to a Trackman, my average height with a driver was 100-110 feet.

That dispersion and consistency looks amazing!

I have a similar swing to you. I average 100-102mph, play a pull fade. So I'm interested in which shaft I get put into. I definitely hit my ball a lot higher though. Averaging 69 feet of height with your previous shaft?! Woo. Low bullets that run out a lot. Last time I went to a Trackman, my average height with a driver was 100-110 feet.

Our main goal in the fitting after seeing shots with my gamer was to try and raise either my launch or peak height so that I could get the most out of my carry distance but not to increase the spin. Luckily we were able to do that and the tightened dispersion was just icing on the cake.

Incoming soon, would like a little more play time with it and need some time to properly write this shaft up.

I have received my 15 MKP MT SW and have now about 10 rounds with it. My little teaser for now will be this: I have never hit drivers with dispersion like this, it's honestly a shocking change.

Driver - Who knows!?

Ping G430 3W  15@14 Ventus Black 8X

Taylormade TPMC 2011 3-4 X100

Titleist 716MB 5-PW X100

Ping Glide 3.0 50, 55, 60 SS X100 50-55, S400 60

Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie 36" CB

Current Gamer: Taylormade M3 460 8.5* set to 9* w/ Stulz Nano-Arrow stiff flex (anyone remember this shaft??). 45" D2 swingweight. Went in with both weights set all the way in the back of the Y track.

Pics or it didnt happen :)

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Pics or it didnt happen :)

Oh, it happened....

Bahhhh I love it, have you played that shaft for a while? I always wanted to try one.

Did you have to decide on an adapter setting prior to installation of the shaft? I assume that shaft has an orientation it is supposed to be played at?

Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Bahhhh I love it, have you played that shaft for a while? I always wanted to try one.

Did you have to decide on an adapter setting prior to installation of the shaft? I assume that shaft has an orientation it is supposed to be played at?

Honestly no I haven't played it long. I found one online a few months ago for next to nothing and had to try it. It's been a very consistent shaft, or so I thought before the TPT fitting.

I spine and flo all my shafts so I did that with the Stulz and installed it into the tip where it would give me 9* on the TM head. Honestly I was quite surprised to find that there was very little spine to the Stulz and I could have aligned it in any direction. It's weird that a triangular shaped shaft spined so smoothly.

Thanks to TPT Golf and Gwrx for selecting me to test this shaft out! I also want to say thanks to Club Champion.

My current index is 1.9. I was fit for my driver at the Kingdom by TM in January. I have the tendency to hook the ball. I was playing a Ping G400 LST with a KK DC 70TX, tipped 1" and moved to the TM M3 440 Fujikura Atmos Black 8TX, also tipped 1". My SS at the Kingdom was about 116 but I was pretty rusty. I play my M3 at 7.5*.

I've been having the best driving season of my life. I've hit more fw's and my misses have been manageable. I do feel like I'm working pretty hard with this set up but the results have been great.

I was fit for my TPT shaft at Club Champion in Philly by Steve Harrow. The 15 LKP/LT/LW was the clear winner, but to be honest, it didn't blow me away. But hitting balls indoors rarely goes well for me. Steve suggested tipping it 1.5". and built it to play 45.5", the same as my current shaft.

When I took it out on the range to test, I wasn't expecting to like it much. It's a 20g drop for me and I need to feel I'm in control with my driver. Heavy has always worked best for me. I fully expected to be yanking it and worried my timing would be a mess. First swing....fast, easy, long. It felt explosive. The sound was a bit more muted.

I spent 40 minutes on the range and did not hit one ball left. As a matter of fact, I was now fading the ball. One after another. That's not my game. I tried drawing the ball and they went dead straight. I use a pretty weak grip, by necessity. I went a little more neutral and finally was able to hit a draw.

I went out on my course to hit balls on a few holes. Same. Fade or straight. I was also seeing about 10 more yards vs my current shaft.

I played three rounds since then and more of the same. I hit both shafts in the same settings side by side on the course and confirmed I was about 10 yards longer with the TPT. We were wet early in the week during this testing, so no roll out.

This afternoon, I was getting a lesson and before we got too far into it, we got some numbers. My ball speed is around 174 vs 170 with my Atmos. Dispersion with both are great but the TPT just feels easy and will not go left. I am launching the ball higher 15 vs.13 but my carry is about 10 yards longer. The spin is a little higher, around 2600-2800.

It's early still but so far I'm pretty shocked by the results. I did not expect this. I've never played a shaft this light. It feels less stable than it performs. By that I mean it feels a little more lively than what I'm used to but I feel very connected.

It's not a big surprise I'm moving faster with a lighter shaft. But the same dispersion with the extra speed is an upgrade.

Looking forward to getting back out with it this weekend. Feel free to ask any questions and if you're in the area, hit me up for a test!

That shaft looks so sick in that head

Seemore mFGP2 

I went to my fitting in Cary, NC and have received my TPT shaft from Club Champion. I haven't played on the course with it yet but have been to the driving range to practice with it so far. I'll add much more review info once I start playing rounds with it. To start however I'll add some info my fitting and what I ended up getting fit into.

After Fitting: Taylormade M3 460 8.5* set to 9*. TPT 16 MKP (Mid Kick Point) MT(Mid Torque) SW(Standard Weight). 45" D3 swingweight. Moved one weight from the back fade track to the back middle and left the other in back draw.

I swing around 100 mph and usually play a slight fade. I'm currently a 1.8 handicap with a very consistent swing and have been a clubmaker for over 20 years. Most of my equipment is pretty much optimized as much as my swing speed can generate but we did get some pretty decent results with the TPT shaft.

Gamer Shot Averages:

TPT Shot Averages:

Trajectory Comparison:

The quick summary of the fitting was I kept my spin and launch about the same but increased my ball speed by almost 3 mph. I was also able to increase my shot height which gave mean average of 9 yards of extra carry and 6 yards of total distance. The biggest gain in my opinion was the level of consistency in my distances. With the TPT shaft, all of my shots seemed to land almost the exact same distance, even if I mis-hit a shot a little. You can see from the Trackman results the distance between my shortest shot and longest shot with the TPT was very small and the grouping was very tight.

More pictures and updates to come!

One of the best reviews I’ve read on this site in awhile. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

I picked up my shaft a few days ago. I plan on getting out on the course and also on the range in the next few days.

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

I was fit for the 16 LKP MT SW and coming from a rotation of shafts. Most recently has been the Atmos Black 6x.

Got mine a couple days ago and haven’t been able to spend a lot of time with it. I did get out today though and had a solid day driving.

Initial thoughts on it are the dispersion is insane. I hit a couple during my first range session that I thought would hook off the planet only to look up and find it gently turning left. There is just very little side spin generated with this shaft. It generally just wants to go straight.

I can work it both ways with ease. Smooth, but stable feeling. One piece feel versus the whip feel the Atmos Black had for me.

I’ll have more when I get to my computer at the office on Monday.

Nothing is safe in my bag!

Measuring SW and length to get a good comparison of my current setup vs the TPT 16 MKP MT SW. My current set up is a 2017 M1 440 at 9.5* with a Tensei Pro Orange V2 60TX. Plays 45" with a swing weight of D3. Playing length with the TPT is 45" but comes in at D8! Weight of PO with grip on is 115g vs 120g for TPT. I know the PO is counterbalanced but 5 SW points difference seems a little high. Anyone else getting higher SW with the TPT?

T100s 4-P PX 6.5
Newport

Measuring SW and length to get a good comparison of my current setup vs the TPT 16 MKP MT SW. My current set up is a 2017 M1 440 at 9.5* with a Tensei Pro Orange V2 60TX. Plays 45" with a swing weight of D3. Playing length with the TPT is 45" but comes in at D8! Weight of PO with grip on is 115g vs 120g for TPT. I know the PO is counterbalanced but 5 SW points difference seems a little high. Anyone else getting higher SW with the TPT?

I was fitted into 45.5” and D8 swingweight (insert the crazy face emoticon here). I knew that would be ridiculous so I had the final build done at 45. I know from plenty of tinkering that around 44.75 works best for me so 45 allow me to choke down just a touch which I like. I would have to check the weight on my M2 head but I believe my setup came out to D2.5 on my scale (head has a strip of lead tape so it will probably be right in between D1-2 which is what I prefer.

Long story short, no issues here.

Thanks to GolfWRX and TPT! I was in the middle of a 6500 mile road trip when I found out I won. I was really pumped!

I have never been fit before for anything. I always had a good idea of what my needs were and usually could tell quickly if something was going to work or not. Which obviously leads to a lot of experimenting but over the last couple years I have found and settled in on things that I enjoy.

Insert the VA Composites shafts. Loved the hybrid. So I tinkered with a few Raijins and settled on a 74 four for my driver and 3 wood. They have been performing fantastically for me this year. Prior to this shaft in my driver I used a Rogue Black 95msi 70x for a while which also worked very well. I have had success with a few different shafts and to be honest, usually the only reason I move on is because someone posts a WTB for what I have and I get bored. Shafts I have used in drivers include but are probably not limited to: Oban Devotion, Oban kiyoshi purple, white and black, Fujikura 6.2 ts, 6.3 ts, pro 63, 661 evo ts, Aldila Rogue Black, Va Composites Raijin, Slay, UST chrome, Mitsubishi fubuki, fubuki alpha, whiteboard, blueboard, teinsie blue, Matrix studio 84, black tie, code 8, and probably more.

I have had the same driver head for a couple years now, the Ping G30 ls in 10.5. It has been a great head for me and I've gotten very comfortable with it. With all that being said, my current setup going into this was Ping G30ls 10.5 set to neutral with a VA Raijin 74 four playing 44.5 long at a D6 sw. No tipping. Golf pride tour velvet with an extra wrap of tape. My typical ball flight with this was mid to mid high. I'm a relatively straight driver, my miss is getting stuck which leads to a good hard draw/hook or a straight push. I really liked the feeling of the Raijin, the way it kicked and the flight it gave me. It was pretty consistent for me and victor makes a great product.

So going into the fitting I had only been back 2 days from driving so far. I was tight and hadn't played in about 2 weeks. It was bad timing because the air conditioning in Club Champion was broken so it was hot and muggy inside :(. I was given the green light by club champion to also be fit for a new head at no charge since I was already there. That was awesome of them. When I got there Kyle greeted me and had me fill out a form. I got warmed up and proceeded to hit my setup. You can see the numbers below. We took a break and talked about numbers and what TPT is all about. I told him which shafts I had success with in the past and he knew pretty quickly before I hit anything what would work. Just to put me through the paces I did hit all of the TPT shafts they had, with him saving the best for last. Since I play a shorter driver their shafts were too long for me and I don't like to choke up since the grip feels different but that's just a picky complaint.

The first thing I noticed about the TPT shafts were that they felt a little more crisp than the VA. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, just different and if it works then it's no big deal. They felt really good, and uniform. Very consistent with how it loaded each swing. The kick in these is also very very consistent which was nice. The VA could tend to get a little loose but nothing crazy.

After settling on the 15 series in the MKP MT SW I continued to try a few different heads: The Ping g400LST, Max, Cobra F8 and F8+, Titleist 917 D3, and the TM M4. I liked how the F8 felt, but it spun too much. The F8+ felt too hard and wasn't as consistent. The Titleist also wasn't as consistent. The G400 LST was great, with one shot besting the G30LS. The Max forgiveness was definitely noticeable, and was my preferred head for that reason, but it launched too high and spun too much. In the end the G30 LS beat everyone else so Kyle agreed that I should just stick with it as it was the best of the bunch.

The end results for the fitting compared with the Raijin are interesting. The Raijin launched a little higher, spun about the same, flew farther and total distance was about equal. The Raijin had a higher ball speed and my SS was a little higher, but I kind of attribute that to swinging in a hot cave for a while before I got to the TPT. The TPT launched a little lower which was Kyle's main goal after seeing my initial numbers. It flew a little shorter on avg, but total distance was about the same. Kyle said my numbers were pretty much optimal with the Raijin (which I assumed based on usage over the year), so the TPT had some work to do to beat it.

Looking at my fitting numbers, you can see it would be a tough task.

Having used it outside in the real world, the results compared to the Raijin are pretty much what I saw in my fitting. I didn't gain much if anything in distance, carry was about the same, maybe a tad less. Ball flight is flatter. The biggest difference I notice is the consistency in the feeling of the shaft during a swing. It really makes me feel confident standing over the ball to just have a rip at it. The 'one piece feeling" Davo mentioned was an interesting comment and the more I paid attention to it, he is right. It is just a great uniform feeling, very stable and very consistent. It honestly has me considering a TPT for my fairway for the added consistency.....even if I don't gain yardage I prefer to be more consistent. Again though, the VA will be tough to beat as it has been the best fairway shaft I have ever used.

I wish I gained a lot of yardage, or my dispersion was 5 yards wide, but it didn't end up being the case. I would say my dispersion IS tighter, and my misses are less severe, so with more time this aspect might show a noticeable difference but right now it is too early to say.

Final build was G30LS 10.5 set to neutral D7.5 SW TPT 15 MKP MT SW at 44.75 with 1/2 inch tipping. I chose a gripmaster perforated grip as my hands tend to slip with a driver sometimes and I have had great luck with this grip preventing that.

Thanks TPT and golfwrx for the experience and this great product! I'm very fortunate, and if anyone has questions please feel free to ask!

I'm including the Puring info for my shaft as well. The few shots I removed from my gamer setup was because those were at the very end when I was super tired and hot from the sauna of a hitting bay. At that point I had hit like 150 shots so they were just swings for the heck of it. And if you take out the mishit of number 3 for my gamer, the averages for the Raijin go to 267 and 288. Carry is a big deal to me, so I will have to see if I can still carry the same parts of the course with the TPT...... which is one reason I loved the Raijin.

Honestly no I haven't played it long. I found one online a few months ago for next to nothing and had to try it. It's been a very consistent shaft, or so I thought before the TPT fitting.

I spine and flo all my shafts so I did that with the Stulz and installed it into the tip where it would give me 9* on the TM head. Honestly I was quite surprised to find that there was very little spine to the Stulz and I could have aligned it in any direction. It's weird that a triangular shaped shaft spined so smoothly.